AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-10, 01:01   Link #1881
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
In other words, don't trust his words, because he is clearly joking.
I'm not sure, I remember reading something about a future manga spin-off about magical girl Ranka or something like that.
Old 2011-04-10, 01:16   Link #1882
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
I'm not sure, I remember reading something about a future manga spin-off about magical girl Ranka or something like that.
Well, that would put a lie to the "no more Frontier!" stuff, wouldn't it?

Also, "Magical Zentran Klan" would be much better and more people actually like the character. ^^
Old 2011-04-10, 01:16   Link #1883
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
He used "やってみたい", which basically means "want to try to do it". Methinks that it has the same meaning as when he (or maybe someone else?) says that he wanted to give Klan-Klan a spin-off. Which sadly has not (I still am hoping!) been realized

It's mostly a joke though if I have to give an opinion.

As for the triangle matter, I think Thess will be very delighted with one sentence in Ranka's part... (Which basically said, "To Ranka, even beyond love and song, she understand Sheryl <or alt trans: Sheryl and her understand each other> the best" )

Too lazy to translate (since I don't have idea how to sum it in one sentence) for the first part.

Ka~Ri~Ce~~~~ <-- Laze-ass Nat is Laze-Ass. 80% of my brain is working through calculations and mapping atm!

@maggy: The no more Frontier stuffs are most likely no more 'continuation' to Frontier. He screechingly also said here that the Frontier series is "complete". We might get supplement materials in form of... Anything, but it wouldn't add something wholly new materials related to the main story. (Like you know... no sequel thing. )

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2011-04-10 at 01:22. Reason: Last sentence is riddled with Nat-FAIL. D:
Old 2011-04-10, 01:20   Link #1884
kujoe
from head to heel

He also says that he was surprised at the number of people who were shocked at Alto's supposed death. He goes on the say, that anyone who has watched the scene until the end would've known that Alto simply folded away.
Old 2011-04-10, 01:22   Link #1885
Thess

Wasn't there an old manga where Ranka was a magical girl?

Unless, I'm super wrong that's confirming that
Spoiler for movie spoilers:

Edit: kujoe already said. So.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-04-10, 01:25   Link #1886
kujoe
from head to heel

It's like he's trolling while giving a little hope at the same time.

Shoji Kawamori: Trolling is an art.
Old 2011-04-10, 01:26   Link #1887
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
@maggy: The no more Frontier stuffs are most likely no more 'continuation' to Frontier. He screechingly also said here that the Frontier series is "complete". We might get supplement materials in form of... Anything, but it wouldn't add something wholly new materials related to the main story. (Like you know... no sequel thing. )
Yeah, I wasn't expecting a complete sequel series, since Kawamori doesn't do those. But if you formulated his response correctly, then that also means no closure to the TV series and the movies. >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
He also says that he was surprised at the number of people who were shocked at Alto's supposed death. He goes on the say, that anyone who has watched the scene until the end would've known that Alto simply folded away.
So much for what Yot-Chan thought he saw.

Bleargh, to how many people need I give rep before I can hand it out to you guys again? How frustrating...
Old 2011-04-10, 01:28   Link #1888
Thess

Nah about the trolling. It was obvious he folded by the MZ rewatch suggestion.

Quote:

As for the triangle matter, I think Thess will be very delighted with one sentence in Ranka's part... (Which basically said, "To Ranka, even beyond love and song, she understand Sheryl <or alt trans: Sheryl and her understand each other> the best" )
I saw that. Ah, Kawamori is finally showing his true shipping colors.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-04-10, 01:34   Link #1889
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
It's like he's trolling while giving a little hope at the same time.

Shoji kawamori: Trolling is an art.
I do think that he was leaning on the "sweeter" side of the ending, when he teased us with his answer for whether Sheryl will wake up or not (Totally so not giving the answer, that troll froating head! "Use your imagination, the hint is there! You can think about the after-story from then!" huh? )

I smell a new war for SxR and AxS shippings now...

@Thessy: Kawamori is a certified shipper of Ranka>Sheryl<Alto. It's so obvious from the start! Yoshino is more than likely a SherylxSheryl shipper toh ho...

Old 2011-04-10, 01:40   Link #1890
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
The "who whating how with huh?" suggestion?

Quote:
I think Tess knows what he official pairing is. She is allowed her crack pairing.
Old 2011-04-10, 01:41   Link #1891
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
I haven't seen the movie, but from what I've read so far, it does seem he just folded. I was just joking about how coy his statement was.

It's like, "Guys, guys! Don't worry, he didn't die... He just disappeared, you know? It's possible that he can come back, but you might never know... so it's all cool."

And then he gives an ambiguous smile.

Old 2011-04-10, 01:42   Link #1892
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Which is why I was surprised that some people thought he'd died in that explosion.

Wahh...with that confirmed, I'm pretty satisfied with this finale!

=====

I want to read the actual interview...but I don't think you can really get a SherylxRanka end from Kawamori-sensei's comments though...

I might be back with a translation/summary in a bit. Choices choices.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-04-10, 01:43   Link #1893
Thess

Quote:
I do think that he was leaning on the "sweeter" side of the ending, when he teased us with his answer for whether Sheryl will wake up or not (Totally so not giving the answer, that troll froating head! "Use your imagination, the hint is there! You can think about the after-story from then!" huh? )
Yes, he did in a the hints are there winkwink nudge nudge way.

Quote:
Will Sheryl realize Ranka understands her better than Alto? Will Alto return in time or will she move on? Who will kiss Sheryl to awake her?

One of the camps are crying "We got canon!" while the other cries "We got more promotional art!"

Quote:
@Thessy: Kawamori is a certified shipper of Ranka>Sheryl<Alto. It's so obvious from the start! Yoshino is more than likely a SherylxSheryl shipper toh ho...
I think Yoshino wants a Sheryl harem end. Which is the best end.

Sheryl: Alto... you--YOU'RE BOTH MY SONGS.
Alto: Sheryl!
Ranka: Sheryl-san!

Old 2011-04-10, 01:43   Link #1894
Westlo
Lets be reality

Of course Alto will be back and than he will run into Ranka's arms

*proceeds to write a fanfiction*
Old 2011-04-10, 01:45   Link #1895
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
The "who whating how with huh?" suggestion
Macross Zero.

Old 2011-04-10, 01:47   Link #1896
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
I want to read the actual interview...but I don't think you can really get a SherylxRanka end from Kawamori-sensei's comments though...

I might be back with a translation/summary in a bit. Choices choices.
It's the fans' imagination that will always result in SherylxRanka end~ But it's still pretty ambiguous though than leaning to any end. Shipping goggles not included~

Translate it Karice, I beg you D: I know a certain someone with more hyper fangirling technique than me will irresponsibly push me to translate it... :x

/Nat disappear now for the sake of her sanity and marks/

Old 2011-04-10, 01:49   Link #1897
Thess

I'm just happy it hints Sheryl's awakening to our "imagination" or whatever, but it's a bit encouraging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Of course Alto will be back and than he will run into Ranka's arms
Too bad Ranka will find comfort in Nanase's bosom or Sheryl's. Go away, hime.

Old 2011-04-10, 01:52   Link #1898
kujoe
from head to heel

I do think that he is right though. Despite their differing personalities, Sheryl and Ranka would understand each other the most as both are in love with the same guy, and both feel that they're standing on the unrequited side. Both girls also try to reach out through song, and bear a similar responsibility.

Of course, with shipping goggles on, you can read that in another way.
Old 2011-04-10, 01:55   Link #1899
Thess

Quote:
I do think that he is right though. Despite their differing personalities, Sheryl and Ranka would understand each other the most as both are in love with the same guy, and both feel that they're standing on the unrequited side. Both girls also try to reach out through song, and bear a similar responsibility.
Yup. I like their relationship the best, then I ship them. Of course it helps that the only guy they are interested looks more feminine than them (and the promotional art is kinda generous in their direction...). It never occurred me in other triangles but this one.

Old 2011-04-10, 01:56   Link #1900
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:

Of course, with shipping goggles on, you can read that in another way.
That being said, Ranka tips the scale on the unrequited love bit, not just with the rejection; but out of both girls, she is the most insecure about love. It's never truly explained why or explored, but I think it has to do with the fact she knows nothing about herself (forgotten past, no memory) and cannot connect with another when she doesn't know. So, Sheryl has it made, considering she has a past and knows herself very well, even her limits and heart; whilst Ranka struggles to even understand love and how it works.

Just wanted to mention that.

As for the interview, I hope there is an OVA. Plus, a Ranka spin-off would be kinda nice, as she IS a big part of Frontier's survival. After all, if Ranka hadn't met Sheryl and Alto, would we have gone on this long journey?

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song