AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-06-21, 12:30   Link #2281
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post

Episode 40
After returning to Diva, Kio told Flit about what he saw on Mars. Flit's reply isn't what Kio wanted. Kio made a decision to fight his own way, with Gundam AGE-FX.

Episode 41
EF is launching an attack to take back Luna Base.
Kio plays his own game by NOT AIMING AT THE ENEMY MS COCKPIT. Fram shows up and they try to come up with a plan to end the war.

Goddamnit
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 14:23   Link #2282
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I said it a while back and you guys laughed, but AGE-FX screams 00-Quanta, which as we all know is not a mobile suit developed for killing, but for understandinglol.

It's not surprising they're going with this, it was coming but you didn't want to see it.

Kio Yamato is essentially a male version of Romary, and we all know how much she respected military protocol. After telling Asemu that they were in a war and that he had to accept the fact that Zeheart was an enemy, she goes on and lets him escape for the sake of old times.

We saw with Shanalua what Kio was all about. He didn't care she was a spy, and he refused to accept reality. All he wanted was to have those awkward pedo moments with her inside the AGE-3's cockpit...He has received no military training, and is a very naive 13 year old. The moment I knew he was getting captured, I immediately thought of this as a possible route for his development. It kinda makes sense.
Old 2012-06-21, 14:32   Link #2283
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Nobody laughed. More like we just didn't liked it to happen or that it didn't make sense.

Like this your going on about it be the 00 Qan? Is the AGE system all of a sudden going to start producing special particles that allows one another to communicate and understand each other?

That was the principal behind the particles for 00 and it made sense.

For the AGE-FX to do something similar would be...well...it just wouldn't make sense.

And I just don't see how disabling the suits would do Kio any good. The second Flit disabled a suit the pilot inside committed suicide and would've triggered the auto-det if it wasn't for Flit's skill. Hell the second a Vagan suit got its paint scratched in the first episode it was destroyed by its wingmates.

Of course given how pathetic Kio's skills were in the previous episodes despite all the battles he's fought I guess they could change it again....
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 14:39   Link #2284
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
LOL. I suppose this is where I say I told you so. You could see it from a mile away...I personally don't like it, but it will be fun reading people's reactions and opinions. Seed doesn't leave anyone indifferent.
Of course it was going in this direction, it's been expected since about the time that Zeheart was introduced...hell since the whole idea of becoming a savior was introduced towards the end of the first arc even. It doesn't mean it has to be as bland as Seed's depiction of it was though where Kira effortlessly disabled countless mobile suits in an endless array of stock footage, while being insufferably holier than though. Plus you've got the whole generational conflict of Kio going against Flit to make from some conflict on all sides of the equation. I'm curious to see where they take this, but I'm sure as always a lot of people have already made up their minds that it means we're in for a crappy finish and frankly I'm not at all interested in hearing or considering such opinions if that is the case. Not in the slightest....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 14:53   Link #2285
RX93-2
White Unicorn

I pretty much expect Asemu to save Kio (with inside vagan help), see zehert turn good/neutral. Kill ezelcant and let diplomacy commence.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 17:17   Link #2286
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Mixed feelings are mixed.

On one hand, I'm glad that we finally are getting solid indication that we are not meant to side with Flit, and that AGE isn't going to conclude with the message that in order to achieve peace you need to wipe out an entire faction of humanity. So that is one concern out of the way, arguably the major concern IMO.

I also would like to point out that there is nothing inherently wrong with an understanding ending. I actually think that the message that we as humans are able to over come a centuries worth of bloodshed to come to an understanding and live with each other in harmony is actually a mighty powerful message, and one I fully support if the show decides to go down that route.

That message is also enhanced by having Kio (hopefully) changing Flit's mindset and showing us that the man who represents the intense hatred towards all of the Vegens for what they had done to him can also be convinced that they are in fact, humans and not demons to be annihilated and purged from the universe.

In a lot of ways, this is the best way to end this 100 70 65 year old epic, and certainly in the most optimistic way.

On the other hand, this is a story written by Hino Akihiro. So chances are, we will get a finale with the core idea being agreeable, but the execution of it all will leave much to be desired.

I hate to be negative about this show (really, I do. I honestly like this show and think it has a lot of good ideas within it, not to mention I had invested a lot of money into buying the BD's and Music related to the show) but I have to say, no matter how great the ideas in AGE are, from the 3 generational concept to the 100 ... sorry, 65 year epic to the evolving conflict etc I can't help but feel like the writing had been all around not only lacking and sloppy, but at times even awful. Things like Farden and the whole Zeheart/Asem/Romary ''triangle'' and Flit's ''I will Kill all the Vegeans'' had been pretty bad (the last one in particular since even by the start of the 3rd generation, we ended up getting more fuel for his reasoning that they need to be destroyed when we see Olviertown's civilians get incinerated) and I'm left sort of dreading the outcome of Kio deciding to fight without killing an enemy who are, as had been pointed out, are fanatics who are more than willing to kill themselves the moment they are about to be captured rather than live on.

This will all be dependent, I suspect, on the next few episodes and on seeing exactly what is the Vegan civilian population is like, since we had only really been able to get to know them through their inhumane military (a major misstep on part of the AGE staff IMO, since we are now going into the final stretch without much sympathy for any character on the Vegan side)

This is a wait and see case, of course, and I will continue to keep an open mind about it, without being biased (or at the very least, try not to be) about Level-5's other written works, but it's hard to be optimistic when the show had been falling so short of my expectations ...

One thing I will say, if Kio is going to try and change his Grandpa's viewpoint, then he better get some pretty sad stories from the Martians he befriends while in captivity, cause Flit got under his belt stories about how a boy lost his mother, how he got his home colony destroyed twice, how he had an innocent civilian girl used as a human child before being killed in front of him, how a man had his entire family while they were living in a non-military colony killed for no reason, and of course how a certain Olivertown had it's civilian population just cause the Vegans felt like it.

Then again, Kio is meant to be the saviour. If anyone will be able to justify the unjustifiable ...
Old 2012-06-21, 18:49   Link #2287
case182
It's a Gundam!

Federation mass production Age 3 units? That's what it looks like to me. Especially since the Federation was looking to improve and use the Age system.

case182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 18:54   Link #2288
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Just the designer's colors
Old 2012-06-21, 18:55   Link #2289
Dr. Casey

I agree with Arabesque, I'm down with an understanding ending. However...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
100 70 65 year old epic
This I am still butthurt about.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 19:02   Link #2290
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Guys: remember that we may still be in for a timeskip. God knows we had enough of them in Asem's arc.
Old 2012-06-21, 20:52   Link #2291
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
One thing I will say, if Kio is going to try and change his Grandpa's viewpoint, then he better get some pretty sad stories from the Martians he befriends while in captivity, cause Flit got under his belt stories about how a boy lost his mother, how he got his home colony destroyed twice, how he had an innocent civilian girl used as a human child before being killed in front of him, how a man had his entire family while they were living in a non-military colony killed for no reason, and of course how a certain Olivertown had it's civilian population just cause the Vegans felt like it.

Then again, Kio is meant to be the saviour. If anyone will be able to justify the unjustifiable ...
Judging from the preview I'm guessing he'll meet a couple orphan kids or something.

That or according to the spoilers Kio finds that Ezcelant is essentially holding the Vagans hostage.

I could be wrong but isn't it common knowledge to the populace on what the Vagans are and why they are fighting?

The entire story and such was pretty much given out to Flit and co. when they attacked the Vagan's secret base.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 21:30   Link #2292
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Guys: remember that we may still be in for a timeskip. God knows we had enough of them in Asem's arc.
I hope there is a time skip because the Age 3 might be the fastest Gundam to be disregarded in history if there isn't one( assuming the Age 3 was recovered along with Kio).
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 22:01   Link #2293
WefiDasst

Think Kio finds out that the Pilots are Brainwashed by Ezcelant, in Gen 1 they showed the workers are mindless drones(the room with York Dole).
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 22:37   Link #2294
Dark Wing

Oh God...why can't this be like the old days when gundam protags killed to get the job done!?

This is like saying the Zabis or the Titans didn't have to be put down. The first thing they do on Earth is slaughter civilians, not take out all the military forces and make the civilians into POW but outright slaughter them!

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2012-06-21 at 22:49.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 00:19   Link #2295
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
I pretty much expect Asemu to save Kio (with inside vagan help), see zehert turn good/neutral. Kill ezelcant and let diplomacy commence.
From Hino Akihiro's secret notes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
I hope there is a time skip because the Age 3 might be the fastest Gundam to be disregarded in history if there isn't one( assuming the Age 3 was recovered along with Kio).
The timeskip could be placed conveniently during Kio's incarceration, while the Age-3 is being copied or reverse-engineered. Giving time to know (and convert) some of the vegan flock before his grandpa's rage mirrors Olivernotes' destruction on them.
Old 2012-06-22, 00:23   Link #2296
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Don't forget there's also the travel time between Earth and Mars, which is no small feat.
Old 2012-06-22, 01:16   Link #2297
Justin_Brett

At the very least, hopefully they won't make Flit a villain because of this, he deserves better than that.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 03:24   Link #2298
solidvanz
Special Operative

Last edited by solidvanz; 2012-06-22 at 03:50.
solidvanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 04:17   Link #2299
Sinzz
Orange

Awesome! AGE-FX's rifle does have multiple modes!

Regarding the "understanding" thing, it is a very dumb idea and I don't really like that they're going that route. It makes no sense, how does one kid pilot NOT shooting to kill affect a full on war? And NOT shooting at a Vagan cockpit?! Really?! It's not like anyone was that good of a shot to begin with. Shooting a Vagan cockpit is getting HEADSHOTS on a Vagan MS which is a VERY difficult feat for even a skilled pilot. Either way. Not liking this understanding thing. Would've likes it better if it was more like rouge Vagans thought Ezelcant became too soft, overthrew him and decided to take over earth with their power causing the left over Ezelcant followers to side with the EF to take out the threat. I also don't understand how a rifle with a BFG attachment is going to work in not mass murdering Vagan cannon fodder...

Last edited by Sinzz; 2012-06-22 at 05:06.
Sinzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 12:39   Link #2300
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Oh God...why can't this be like the old days when gundam protags killed to get the job done!?

This is like saying the Zabis or the Titans didn't have to be put down. The first thing they do on Earth is slaughter civilians, not take out all the military forces and make the civilians into POW but outright slaughter them!
Who's saying some more people won't have to be killed. If anything it sounds like Kio might come to the conclusion that Ezelcant is the enemy and not the entire people of Vagan like Flit said and he'll try to reach a conclusion to the war by dealing with him.

Frankly I'm going to wait to see the actual episode before I go leaping to conclusions about why Kio's methods are or aren't the course of action he ought to be taking. Hell I want to see what those methods even are before I go about talking about them to any significant degree.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote