Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-12-01, 01:31   Link #9021
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
If Campione really were that generically shounen... how come no other action/harem LN I know manages to constantly develop all its main characters over such a long time? And am I the only one noticing how Campione pokes fun at the usual shounen ways? I really need to have a word with zzhk over how he's such a bad, bad translator.

Oh well, w/e. Let's let the frustrated simmer in frustration and look forward to chapter 7. The "summary" really didn't do it any justice, from my point of view.
So Kadi, is this what you mean by poking fun at the usual shounen way:

Spoiler for spoiler:

And Aisha's Jaberwok Slayer has pretty comical shape. What kind of god she usurped that authority from?
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 01:41   Link #9022
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

New update.
So even Aisha has a summon of her own. That illustration looks so weird. Though it seems like it has the same activation condition as the Goat that you need the support of people, yet it spew fireballs that harms the people around them. And I do wonder why she always gets exhausted with that emergency evacuation. Is using two authorities that taxing to her power?
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 03:38   Link #9023
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
So Kadi, is this what you mean by poking fun at the usual shounen way:

Spoiler for spoiler:
I was thinking in particular about stuff like "Maybe some people get stronger by protecting others, but that level of power is not enough to fight the enemies I must fight", how god-level combat at least ignores the idea of power levels and a few others I cannot remember right now. "Happiness? Safety? I cannot promise you that, but I promise you victory, and if worse comes to worst, revenge.", probably... Can't say your wouldn't make the list though.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 05:42   Link #9024
bludvein

Thanks for the update zzhk. Almost done!

Anyway, Godou beat Doni hands down without any tricks this time. No complaints.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 05:47   Link #9025
Trung-t-rung

Another Rider[Camel] Kick!
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 05:48   Link #9026
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Is the question of Godou being a Mary Sue or not really up for debate? Of course he is. He has a four girls harem who are willing to share him, has girls fall all over him all the time (even before he was a campione), has tons of people trip over themselves to appease him, his prerequisite for using his best power is to make out with attractive women, and that's just scratching the surface.

This series as a whole is nothing but blatant wish fulfillment. The thing is that it's quite entertaining wish fulfillment.

Feng Lengshun you should read this series like I do: as a guilty pleasure that you look in on from time to time. If you want a more mature plot it's best to look elsewhere.
I guess I'll take that suggestion. Still, I think I need to take a rest from the series for a while. Maybe finishing the mountains of other stories I have to read/watch. Considering that I have been reading, well, more mature and marvelous series, maybe I'm just affected by that. Things seems to be getting interesting, but I think it's best to just wait for now. I'm quite tired as it is with it, so I need something more to my taste.

Still, I do have to say one thing: Despite everything, I find myself getting annoyed when people calls the series as "Champion". God, that's just horrible. It happened many time here: https://www.fanfiction.net/r/8560965/

Oh, and bakapervert, I don't like GSBW. Period. I had liked it at the beginning, but like CG-3M1Y4 of In Flight Mechanics, started disliking it and then hating it right around the Sun Wu Kong arc. That said, I do like the Godou a little more because he admits that, "Yeah, I'd screwed without these girls," fairly early on.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 06:02   Link #9027
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Eh, speaking of which I just saw someone said Champione

Oh and the new chapter... what the hell Doni? Guess that should be expected from the great idiot. Still... if the next part going to be the last part of ch 7, I wonder if KoTE going to appear in that part. I mean, I thought 75% of this chapter will consist of Godou's fight against him but I guess I was wrong

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 06:09   Link #9028
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

One letter away. Somewhat tolerable. Two letters away is, well, a bit more complicated. Well, no, actually, it's just become more annoying. In the fanfiction community, most of the people came to know about Campione due to only GSBW, and even then, most doesn't like it due to Godou. Annoying, but can't be helped.

On that note, there are still people who can't get Godou's name right. It's Godou, not Godo or Goudo.
Old 2013-12-01, 07:21   Link #9029
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I thought you'd think as much. Thank you for proving me right. That being said, it was a... curious feeling seeing people bitch once more about Godou needing more powers and explicitly mentioning his "baseball swordsmanship" and how a proper swordsman like Doni was better when... well...
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 07:40   Link #9030
bludvein

Quote:
I thought you'd think as much. Thank you for proving me right. That being said, it was a... curious feeling seeing people bitch once more about Godou needing more powers and explicitly mentioning his "baseball swordsmanship" and how a proper swordsman like Doni was better when... well...
Well he doesn't need sword skill, but it is kind of a waste. He is gonna have 2 uber divine swords and he doesn't have any skill with a sword. It is kind of facepalm worthy. Plus some skill would keep him from being so vulnerable when he can't use his incarnations.

The reasons have been rehashed again and again, but I don't think anyone ever said Doni's style was better. At least I don't think we did.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 07:40   Link #9031
havensgate
skull one

Quote:
since beginning i never think godou would need new authority, ten form from killing one god? verethragna sure is generous
and he starting to master his authourity, thats mean a lot in battle
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 07:43   Link #9032
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Thanks for the update zzhk. Almost done!

The duel was pretty intense, though I'm not exactly sure how the gravitational pull of Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi could negate the momentum of Doni's slash. Even if they attracted each other, [Ripping Arm of Silver] would still be in effect when they clashed, and the momentum would be enough to slice it in two. It would be a different story if Godou had combined Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi with the [Warrior] infused with spell words to counter [Ripping Arm of Silver], but spell words to counter Artio were already used earlier. I'm not sold that Godou had a clean victory over Doni without some plot armour.

Also, Dionysus' partially invoked authority released the gravitational pull for an instant, making it very possible that Doni could have reactivated [Ripping Arm of Silver] when he stabbed Godou, since he could have timed his use of authorities. Injuries caused by [Ripping Arm of Silver] and the Divine Sword of Salvation would prevent effective healing, meaning Godou would likely bleed to death and needs to use the [Ram]. I'm sure Godou could have landed a killing blow to Doni with the [Camel] before using the [Ram], but since he would not kill Doni over a duel, it'd be a race over who wakes up first, the fainted Doni or Godou's resurrection. That's just me nitpicking, but the duel was still very well written, props to the author.

I guess this explains how Erica and Ena were able to beat the divine beasts rather easily, with Artio in that state she couldn't properly supply her beasts with magical (or divine) power.

Quote:
These were truly golden words that should be heard properly by every shounen and shoujo battle manga protagonist who yells "I don't need a power that hurts people, instead, I want a power for protecting those who are precious to me" while simultaneously abusing the use of ultimate techniques and weapons of mass destruction.
Very true.

Quote:
Furthermore, his face was working overtime to accommodate the shifting modes between intellect and idiocy.
Old 2013-12-01, 07:49   Link #9033
Breimoon

Quote:
The explosion's shock should have permeated the steel body's interior. His brain apparently shaken by the impact, Doni fell over despite having no injuries. The impact had caused a concussion
No , godou!! You are going to make him even more stupid!
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 08:05   Link #9034
black prince
Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
No , godou!! You are going to make him even more stupid!
He's already stupid to begin with. Heck, he's the most stupid in-verse. One or two level up in stupidity won't make any difference
Old 2013-12-01, 08:51   Link #9035
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
The duel was pretty intense, though I'm not exactly sure how the gravitational pull of Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi could negate the momentum of Doni's slash. Even if they attracted each other, [Ripping Arm of Silver] would still be in effect when they clashed, and the momentum would be enough to slice it in two. It would be a different story if Godou had combined Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi with the [Warrior] infused with spell words to counter [Ripping Arm of Silver], but spell words to counter Artio were already used earlier. I'm not sold that Godou had a clean victory over Doni without some plot armour.

Also, Dionysus' partially invoked authority released the gravitational pull for an instant, making it very possible that Doni could have reactivated [Ripping Arm of Silver] when he stabbed Godou, since he could have timed his use of authorities. Injuries caused by [Ripping Arm of Silver] and the Divine Sword of Salvation would prevent effective healing, meaning Godou would likely bleed to death and needs to use the [Ram]. I'm sure Godou could have landed a killing blow to Doni with the [Camel] before using the [Ram], but since he would not kill Doni over a duel, it'd be a race over who wakes up first, the fainted Doni or Godou's resurrection. That's just me nitpicking, but the duel was still very well written, props to the author.
It could be that the swords were fused together because of the gravity. Neither moving forward or back, it won't cut Ama no Murakumo. At least that's the best thing I can think off regarding this.

And it's possible Doni couldn't use the silver arm in that instant after he used the 4th authority. It does create an overload of powers. Plus the fight was pretty fast so he probably didn't have the mindset to reactivate the silver arm and just proceeded to slash Godou as soon as he had the chance.
Also given that Artio is focusing her attention on the lightning serpent fighting Aisha, the Divine Sword was probably just a normal sword and didn't have the effect that Godou received before.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 08:57   Link #9036
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

...That was a quick fight

Considering that there's still that wind god I'd assume that Godou and the other will not return to the present time in this volume? Or maybe that could happen in the epilogue---

..oh well, I'll just wait until the translation is finished.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 09:09   Link #9037
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

I think that Campione! Is closer to B-type Shounen Action. that is, the same category JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, The Law of Ueki (maybe), and Medaka Box belongs to. It's pretty much about figuring out the secret of your opponent and use what you do have in different ways.

Actually, I think I could draw some parallels with JoJo in the ridiculousness of the enemies and how the protagonist gained a similar but weaker version of the "Last Boss" own ability (Stardust Crusaders' that is). Parody or not, that's still better than A-type Shounen Action like Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece where the characters keep on gaining powers. That said, despite how destructive their powers are, it's still nowhere near as ridiculous as JoJo's though. With Medaka it came close, though with the presence of the Medaka's, Kumogawa's, Anshin'in's, and Iihiko's powers, it still lost in that front though. Hm, now I'm starting to wonder about whether Oudo's Unreasonable Taxation working or not against Campione...

That said the whole "I don't need a power that hurts people, instead, I want a power for protecting those who are precious to me" thing isn't that popular anymore. The trend is now the protagonist actually wanting to get stronger.

Edit: Hm, now that I think about it, I don't think any of the characters of Campione! has officially fought in an OBD battle. Or is it? Well, maybe I should look around there.
Old 2013-12-01, 09:20   Link #9038
bakapervert
A pervert

The chapter is finished already. Only epilogue left. This sucks. After this has to goes back waiting for the next volume.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 09:38   Link #9039
Awrya
U mad?

There I spend such a long time writing a post and 40 minutes later zzhk finishes the chapter and it's cleared up.

Apparently Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi was sliced, but the gravitational pull pulled the side of the Divine Sword of Salvation in as it was it was slicing through Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi?
Old 2013-12-01, 10:56   Link #9040
Trung-t-rung

So, I guess one of the wind identities will be Bedivere, huh.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem