Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-03, 12:41   Link #41
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Well i guess this is the first gundam series i'll actually say pass to... dissapointed to say the least...

PS: i saw someone comparing this to G-Gundam to me they seem nothing a like. G Gundam had its cheesiness but it still offered an interesting plot/story there was something on the line, this however doesn't its like gundam goes yugioh or bakugan....
I can understand those who want plot in their Gundam series being turned off by the premise of this GBF. As for the long time Gundam-fans who adore the mechas throughout the various series, this might be a real treat. Like many already said, if you want Gundam with plot, you can still get it with Unicorn and Origin.
Old 2013-07-03, 13:45   Link #42
Vsin
Aldracity

As long as they get the mecha fanservice right, this is a win-win for everybody. Just skip the plot and watch the fight scenes if you couldn't care less about Rock em Sock em Robots.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 14:54   Link #43
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

You know I'm surprised I'm not turned away by something like GBF. I Iove the more serious war stories. But idk...I'm totally looking forward to it. We still get great designs. So there's a win right there.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 19:27   Link #44
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
This series is a clear cop-out by Bandai to me…they had two experimental series in a row, one good, one terrible…So there not even taking any chances, just letting the audience see Gundams from various series fight one another…It’s as smart as it is lazy, meanwhile Valvrave is the best Gundam show NOT to come out in 15 years, so I get what they’re doing and I’ll watch because no matter how much $hit they churn out Bandai wins…
isn't every Gundam show experimental since the original trilogy?
And how is this a cop out? BF is not the successor to Age. (i.e. this is not part of the main Gundam canon) This project is more in line with SD Gundam series, as it will air on TV Tokyo and not MBS and TBS.

At the same event Bandai also announced the 35th anniversary projects: The Origin project and G-Reco, confirming that it's a Gundam project after all. Both are being made for a 2014-2015 release.. Now that's interesting because that means only one of them is a full 50 (?) episode TV show and the other one is a OVA or a movie project.

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2013-07-03 at 19:39.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 20:26   Link #45
maknaedik

I can understand the sentiments of people that are expecting a serious series, a proper one and not like this. I want one as well. That is totally understandable. However, for those who EXCEPT IT TO BE LIKE YOUR REGULAR SERIES, please, please and once again, PLEASE.... don't. It's all about Gunpla. It's not REAL ROBOT. It even has SDs that battles regular ones. It's a crossover that I never thought will ever happen.

Mind you, Gunpla isn't just for kids. It's for everyone. It's kiddy to you, fine. If it's really that kiddy, then how about building one? Since you're old and can do lots of things, then it'll be a breeze right? HAHA!

Anyway, if you're gonna say "this show is like Gundam meets *insert name series here*" then you are correct because it's not really meant to be like your regular series anyway. We can complain all day for as long as we know what we're complaining about

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 21:33   Link #46
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Dedicated Gunpla group in my place consist of 2 people over their forty, so it's definitely isn't something only for kid. I'd love to join, too, but the amount of time and money invested in this hobby isn't small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
You know I'm surprised I'm not turned away by something like GBF. I Iove the more serious war stories. But idk...I'm totally looking forward to it. We still get great designs. So there's a win right there.
Almost every Gundam fan secretly hope for this thing in real life. Well, the best thing we have right now is Gundam Breaker, so maybe, just maybe, we can have our Gunpla Battle in the future?
Old 2013-07-03, 21:42   Link #47
FreedomFighterGunboy

OMG, I think I spotted the Eagail! I'm speculating that Bandai/sunrise will show us a lot of the not so famous but screen time deserving mobile suits.

Also, I have a feeling that they're gonna show some models which aren't even from the Gundam franchise.
FreedomFighterGunboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 01:01   Link #48
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
isn't every Gundam show experimental since the original trilogy?
And how is this a cop out? BF is not the successor to Age. (i.e. this is not part of the main Gundam canon) This project is more in line with SD Gundam series, as it will air on TV Tokyo and not MBS and TBS.

At the same event Bandai also announced the 35th anniversary projects: The Origin project and G-Reco, confirming that it's a Gundam project after all. Both are being made for a 2014-2015 release.. Now that's interesting because that means only one of them is a full 50 (?) episode TV show and the other one is a OVA or a movie project.
You don't think a Gundam model kit series about popular Gundam kits fighting popular Gundam kits isn't a cop out? Interesting...

Tearing down the fourth wall isn't the same kind of "experimental", but alas I'll roll with this because Bandai must win!

Until the other stuff rolls out this is Gundam (think G-Reco will be the series, surprising)...
Old 2013-07-04, 04:34   Link #49
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I don't think we have the same definition of "cop out".

I think despite whatever controversies about this series pops out, this will pander a lot to people who watch gundam for the mech designs. Besides, some people need a little "peace" to go with their "war".
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 04:40   Link #50
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Guess my gundam series ended with Gundam 00.... the following series are so... not so, so... my taste.... I find it degrading to the franchise...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 04:48   Link #51
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Guess my gundam series ended with Gundam 00.... the following series are so... not so, so... my taste.... I find it degrading to the franchise...
LOL for the use of degrading. I understand it with Age, but this?

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 05:07   Link #52
monster

I could see how some would find this degrading. Regardless of what Gundam is in the real world, in the fictional world, Gundam is a weapon of war. With Build Fighters, it is now a toy, a sophisticated toy with passionate, hardworking fans, but still a toy nonetheless.

I guess, you could also say it's a "cop out" in that they're taking a step back momentarily from doing a story with "more serious" battles.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 05:13   Link #53
Skye629

Quote:
Eh we have barely any info about the anime nor seen it yet, but you already consider it to be "degrading"??????? How IS it degrading?

A good example of "degrading", would be an anime like G-Gundam, but instead of fighting it, had Mobile Suit dance contests/battles (this would be F****** hilarious and troll)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 05:18   Link #54
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Eh we have barely any info about the anime nor seen it yet, but you already consider it to be "degrading"??????? How IS it degrading?
Monster just explained it surprisingly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
A good example of "degrading", would be an anime like G-Gundam, but instead of fighting it, had Mobile Suit dance contests/battles (this would be F****** hilarious and troll)
Amazing! I hate Gundam G as well!!!
Old 2013-07-04, 06:01   Link #55
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Yeah...I think that goes for me too.

I love 00 and it is what turned me into a big fan. Seed got me in and 00 made me into a Gundam fan who bought gunplas etc. But AGE was really lackluster and now this...I was really looking forward to another great Gundam series. Something to remember for another new generation, but we got Gunpla anime.

I understand that some are excited for the potential modding MS and the gunplas coming from it, but since I have already quit Gunpla, it does nothing to me. And I really don't like the idea of kids fighting with Gunplas. But anyway, I will stop being too negative and try to give few episodes to win me over. I doubt it will change my mind though.

This kinda reminds me of the Kamen Rider series. Of course both are used to sell toys, but I got into Rider series by Ryuki (Heisei series) with good storylines that fit both younger and older audience. I was a big fan since then but now recently Rider series has gone too children oriented and the shows become a mess plotwise. My feelings to this Gundam BF is like watching my favorite series starting to take a very familiar downward spirals (to me).

I just hope that even if this series turns out to be successful, we still can have a normal Gundam series later. If anything else, I should still have Origin to look forward to, whenever it will come.

As a side note, does anyone here feel that interest in Gundam series overall has reduced dramatically? There are barely any talks about it and I doubt BF will generate much interest for non fans or topics to talk about.
Old 2013-07-04, 06:55   Link #56
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Amazing! I hate Gundam G as well!!!
How can you say "no" to Nobel Gundam!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I was really looking forward to another great Gundam series. Something to remember for another new generation, but we got Gunpla anime.
You know why I’m not complaining about this? On one side, we still have the heavy-hitters which is the Unicorn which will be followed by Origin. Heck, they even promised us a "teaser" scene of Hathaway's Flash in episode 7 of Unicorn which might pave the way for a full-fledged adaptation of that saga, just like Unicorn. On the other side, we have this GBF for the pure fun of watching various MSs battling each other while at the same time attracting fans of the new generation with its Megaman EXE-like nature. So, I think fans of “heavy-plotted” Gundams shouldn’t feel alienated with the emergence of GBF. In fact, I hate it even more when they try to make a series both “kiddy” and “mature” at the same time (look at the complete failure of AGE).

Quote:
This kinda reminds me of the Kamen Rider series. Of course both are used to sell toys, but I got into Rider series by Ryuki (Heisei series) with good storylines that fit both younger and older audience. I was a big fan since then but now recently Rider series has gone too children oriented and the shows become a mess plotwise. My feelings to this Gundam BF is like watching my favorite series starting to take a very familiar downward spirals (to me).
I agree with your Kamen Rider assessment. Though I started with the Showa's Kamen Rider Black & RX, I do like the dark and mysterious Kamen Rider Kuuga (and onwards) from Heisei era. Still, I don't think Gundam series have hit Kamen Rider-level of downward spiral. Well, if I were to draw a broad comparison, G Gundam is like Kamen Rider Den-O, while GBF is like Kamen Rider Decade. So, at least, Gundams haven't reached Kamen Rider Fourze-level of silliness (yet) .

Quote:
As a side note, does anyone here feel that interest in Gundam series overall has reduced dramatically? There are barely any talks about it and I doubt BF will generate much interest for non fans or topics to talk about.
From what I can observe, almost all forums with Gundam-related segments in them are talking about this. Though it may be less than the reaction we got from AGE, at least most of the comments are being positive and supportive (very much unlike AGE).
Old 2013-07-04, 07:10   Link #57
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I could just imagine this fellow popping out and starts ruining things for everyone. It is a game villain after all...
Old 2013-07-04, 07:19   Link #58
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I can understand those who want plot in their Gundam series being turned off by the premise of this GBF. As for the long time Gundam-fans who adore the mechas throughout the various series, this might be a real treat. Like many already said, if you want Gundam with plot, you can still get it with Unicorn and Origin.
But i am a long time Gundam fan except for unicorn i pretty much seen them all except SD. And i also love the mechs just in a more fitting world not some tournament one a'la yugioh (to satisfy that there are games out there), bare in mind i'm not dissing your view i'm just expressing mine.

As for Gundam 00 being the last one (to lazy to quote everyone) i honestly loved age more, when i started AGE i was very skeptic but in the end i just loved it. It just felt like a cool tribute and had this theme of new meets old.
Old 2013-07-04, 07:22   Link #59
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
How can you say "no" to Nobel Gundam!!!

Don't start. Anyway, can someone make a "What Happened to the "Goddamn" (Gundam )franchise recently Thread?

I know everyone want to argue about something since we started comparing Gundam series again........
Old 2013-07-04, 09:14   Link #60
justavisitor

I think I already know the MS for the final boss:

ZZ's head cannon, heavyarm's shoulder with all the missiles, sf's wing, the right arm is holding wing zero's buster rifle, while the left arm is holding 00 qan's bit shield.

Not done yet, the skirt will have the O's hidden arms and the legs will be equipped with if's beam saber

The main character will be yelling "money can't buy championship!!" and takes down the evil MS with god's finger alone...

Come on, do it bandai....XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet

Last edited by justavisitor; 2013-07-04 at 09:32.
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen