AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi (second series) Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 39 23.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 27.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 51 30.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.60%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.19%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.60%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-06, 17:17   Link #121
myopius

Yeah this first episode was clearly there to help you get the idea of the few things which first series established plus build up some intrigue. Knowledge from reading topics in this forum makes 20 minutes of speculative conversation less intriguing to me, but I did enjoy the OP/ED and am totally looking forward to later episodes.

Edit: Is the top movie at http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/kai/onair/index.htm#pv the preview? If so wow yeah I look forward to hearing that subbed.
Old 2007-07-06, 17:18   Link #122
Shion's Sanity
Banned

The next episode should be better, with the whole gang back.
Old 2007-07-06, 17:27   Link #123
Seiryuu

Something tells me The Rika/Hanyuu kiss is going to be the least of our mind-warps this time around. But somehow it makes me think of a scene from FLCL.
I honestly don't care how old Rena is at this point. She was probably 16 in '83, given physical development and comparative physique in flashbacks, so that would make her about 39-40 now. To me it's simpler just to take the ranges. In '83 she was more than 13 but less than 17. That would put her current age between 37 and 41. Beyond that it's pure speculation.
Old 2007-07-06, 17:36   Link #124
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Something tells me, that even though there is supposed to be a lot less bloodshed in this arc, Tomitake is still gonna die about six times.>_>;
Old 2007-07-06, 17:53   Link #125
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Just started watching the first episode. Hmm, is it just me or did the animation quality increased for the second season?

I also like the new OP song as well. More thoughts after I'm done watching.
Old 2007-07-06, 18:01   Link #126
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Pretty good episode, it's really nice to see Hinamizawa's future. Too bad the rest of the band is dead, I would have liked to see them as adults too.

Also, everyone is talking about Rena's age, but what about Oishi? He should be in his eighties, maybe even early nineties; yet he looks as delicious as ever.
Old 2007-07-06, 18:13   Link #127
chrno_the_sinner

Everyone should consider this Tsumihoroboshi-hen chapter.... uh...6? 5? Whatever. Looking forward to next week's episode as well. Can't wait.

I always put Rika and Satoko in middle school and K1, Rena and Shmion in High School.

Superb episode. And if people didn't know already, this should REALLY clue them in as to who is in the centre of it all.

From the looks of it, Yakusamashi will tell most of the Tsumihoroboshi-hen TIPS. Those were all pretty major, since most of them revolved around Rika and somebody who isn't there, but is.
Old 2007-07-06, 18:26   Link #128
ssfsx17

Ah, geez, the crazy eyes are back. That's one thing that I would have liked to not have been carried over from the first season.
Old 2007-07-06, 18:36   Link #129
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

OMG! OMG! It's back. I can barely type properly right now.

I am so happy that this show is back, I actually cried tears of happiness during the OP and ED sections.

But, my God, that first episode was just brilliant. I'm already certain that this is going to be epic.
Old 2007-07-06, 19:20   Link #130
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Is the [BSS] sub real on Animesuki?

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-07-06, 19:23   Link #131
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

considering some comments in the thread, yes it is a real sub, but Hauu~ is quite good enough (well at least to me). the quality isn't fantastic, but it isn't ugly.
also considering BBS file size, i don't think it is any better, quality wise. as for the subs, might try this.
Old 2007-07-06, 19:31   Link #132
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Thanks so much. ^^

The ~Hau sub I tried to watch, but it lagged everytime I tried to play it on VLC.

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-07-06, 22:04   Link #133
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
Thanks so much. ^^

The ~Hau sub I tried to watch, but it lagged everytime I tried to play it on VLC.
Try it with MPC+CCCP?

Yay for first episode. OP not as creepy as the first, of course, but it's still a nice song, remembered fondly from the trailer. I'll get around to watching the whole episode later.
Old 2007-07-06, 22:07   Link #134
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Am I the only one who seriously thinks the "shadowy figure" in the opening looks like the woman from Galaxy Express?
Old 2007-07-06, 22:26   Link #135
myopius

I downloaded both subs. The OP and ED are subbed in both, Hauu~ has additional romaji while BSS has additional kanji for the lyrics. They both look like they're the same raw at ~24:14, but while the audio is the same the video is a bit fuzzy in BSS's sub, like a jpeg gets while you lower the quality a little bit--it's noticeable difference. And the text is typeset better in Hauu~'s sub IMO. I can't judge the translation since I don't know Japanese but the wording seemed more literal in BSS's subs, also Hauu~ seemed better proofread sometimes. Both very fine works.
Old 2007-07-06, 22:45   Link #136
MarthX

BSS's "The next target village" line bugs me. "The next Hinamizawa" is much better.
Old 2007-07-06, 22:59   Link #137
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Well, I found the episode to be both a thrill and strangely depressing. I really like these characters, and, after an initial hesitation, I've grown particularly fond of Rena. While it was great to see her alive, she's clearly a mess. (Not that she was ever the mental health poster child.) While I was happy she made it to adulthood, it was unsettling to see her as an adult. I have such a strong picture of her as a teenager in my head (and literally hundreds of pictures of her as a teenager on my computer).

I love talkie anime episodes, and there was a lot of dialog. It must have been a challenge to sub. Thanks to both groups for their fast work.

It's about to turn midnight on the U.S. East Coast. Happy Rena's Day to everyone. I'm going to celebrate on 4chan's /a/, which I suspect will be subjected to repeated Rena hijacks during 07/07/07.
Old 2007-07-06, 23:12   Link #138
Shion's Sanity
Banned

It would have been nice if all the characters had been remembered. You know, going to each area of the town and remembering everyone.
Old 2007-07-06, 23:13   Link #139
Hagges01
Special UFO Hunter

oh god.... grow up Rena sugoi!!!!!!!!
definitely good, expecting more psyco-moe and killer lolis, the op and the ed r just beautiful, the history is going nice and there's a lot I want to know
Old 2007-07-07, 00:48   Link #140
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I checked out BSS's sub, and it sort of distracted me due to its rather frequent grammatical mistakes. They would often leave out particles such as "the" or "a", and there were a few misspellings and incorrect tenses and stuff. Then again, I shouldn't be expecting a flawless work from a group named BSS - "Bullet Speed Subs".

Kind of a slow episode. It's decent for setting stuff up, and re-acquainting viewers with the story. However, since I have a pretty good memory of stories, it was pretty much just rehashing for me, so it wasn't really all that exciting. May the next episode deliver more.

And yeah, Hanyuu sounds way too much like Ayu from Kanon, lol. Should have expected that from Horie Yui.

Last edited by Mirrinus; 2007-07-07 at 01:13.
Closed Thread