AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2013-10-26, 22:35   Link #23221
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Kyon-chan is back
Old 2013-10-30, 01:53   Link #23222
HuuskerDu

Kyonko needs more love

I love Kyonko so much. This past year I've written over 64,000 words so far developing her character over at FanFiction, with an older married and world-weary Kyon acting as her mentor. She's quite different than him in some surprising ways. But the character still needs a lot more love beyond what I can give her. Here's hoping the project gets going again.

Last edited by HuuskerDu; 2013-10-30 at 05:48.
HuuskerDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 21:40   Link #23223
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Again, such a thing would only materialize if there were the resources and manpower to even accomplish production of just a demo. Stuff that we just don't have.

Not much to say outside of that, and those limitations had always existed. It's just that motivation and creativity was easier to come by back then, even though in reality we didn't have the abilities and resources we needed. Now that this franchise is pretty much in hibernation, there's not much to talk about.

In all honesty, I'd like nothing more than to do justice to these projects. Who knows, maybe after Kaisos and I have graduated, and if money weren't an object, we could eventually do something.

But for now, I wouldn't bet on it.
Do you still have the music I sent though?
Old 2014-02-26, 04:34   Link #23224
Seitsuki
Onee!

I just transferred to another uni and my timetable is stupidly empty. Give me something to do! D:
Old 2014-03-02, 20:32   Link #23225
Flairina

Hmm. Seeing as how The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan is getting an anime soon, perhaps there will be some renewed interest in this project once everyone remembers TMOHS' existence? I'd love to see this move forward again.
Flairina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 04:11   Link #23226
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
I just transferred to another uni and my timetable is stupidly empty. Give me something to do! D:
Were you doing artwork or story stuff?
Old 2014-03-21, 13:25   Link #23227
Vree

Did anyone ever make scanslations of the entire Yareyare Kyonko (Popcorn lamp) series or the Circle Credit's Kyonko doujins?

My life doesn't feel quite complete without them.
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 21:17   Link #23228
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
I have no idea if anyone is still remotely interested in the project, but I do still have all of the files for the ill-put together demo I posted a few years back. I've always vaguely meant to get back to it, but work and life have made that pretty much a no-go.

I can send them to you if you're interested, and you can try to make sense of my horrible newbie coding mistakes.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 00:38   Link #23229
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There is still some interest, though I don't know if the main interested parties are paying attention. I was not part of that project, as I was more interested in the changes the genderbending would cause to the canon stories.
Old 2014-10-28, 16:36   Link #23230
s07195
However,

Is it me or has the sig disappeared? Was the image file deleted?
Old 2014-10-30, 03:29   Link #23231
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What do you mean by sig? Which sig?
Old 2014-10-30, 18:50   Link #23232
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
What do you mean by sig? Which sig?
The link bar which linked to different Genderbending related pages... it had turned grey and although clicking would still lead to the pages, the pictures were completely gone.

Now I take a look at my posts and the link bar has completely disappeared.

...You guys do remember the sig, right? This isn't some Disappearance like incident?
Old 2014-10-31, 02:32   Link #23233
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What, the Disappearance of Nagato Yuuki-san?
Old 2014-10-31, 20:06   Link #23234
s07195
However,

Speaking of Disappearance I've been wondering how the pseudo-marriage proposal scene at the end of the movie would be done with Kyonko and Yuuki. It'd be a lot more awkward considering height differences.

...Seriously though, the signature thing. Maybe it moved to a different forum, just like Haruhi changed schools. *_*
Old 2014-10-31, 20:42   Link #23235
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Perhaps the image board they were on closed or just the account used shut down.
Old 2014-11-01, 00:42   Link #23236
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Is it me or has the sig disappeared? Was the image file deleted?
Yeah, probably.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-01, 23:14   Link #23237
HuuskerDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
There is still some interest, though I don't know if the main interested parties are paying attention. I was not part of that project, as I was more interested in the changes the genderbending would cause to the canon stories.
I am very much interested in those differences as well. In that vein I've written some fics for Kyonko that posit that events would have played out rather differently if the genders were swapped. I believe the gender swap would have a big impact on the cast and their relationships with each other. Much of the fun is just trying to imagine how things would have changed because of it.

For example, Yuuki would be forced to take a much more pro-active and interventionist role. Why? Because Kyonko is a girl who is dealing with this big athletic doofus who is a complete self-centered asshole and who is totally oblivious to the harm he causes to everyone around him. This creates physical dangers for her that simply didn't exist for Kyon. Yuuki is all too keenly aware of these dangers in protecting her.

Second, Yuki's emotional breakdown in Disappearance would have never happened in my opinion. Why? Because unlike Yuki - who was unable to deal her newfound emotions for Kyon that slowly developed during the 595 years of the Endless Summer - Yuuki is by necessity far more self-aware in his duty to pro-actively protect Kyonko from harm. And being a girl she actually has a clue about boy-girl relationships so she confides in Yuuki about her feelings early on. She jokingly calls him her guardian angel, her gallant knight, and she kisses him on the cheek. From this they rapidly develop a strong platonic relationship right at the start of the story that didn't exist between the original pair. But what would happen after that, when Yuuki began to endure the torture of the Endless Summer over 15,532 iterations and 595 years?

I had a lot of fun playing out some of this in The Realization of Haruki Suzumiya, where an older and world-weary Kyon mentors his younger counterpart in dealing with Haruki and with the fallout from the Endless Summer. The climax is the kiss that ended the world. I take it further in the sequel The Final Act of Haruki Suzumiya.
Old 2015-04-09, 23:18   Link #23238
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

With the now current Haruhi related series on air, is it time to bring this back?

Alternate Disappearance of Nagato Yuuki-san? A mellower Kyonko? Or the same just without raving madman Haruki around?
Old 2015-04-11, 16:12   Link #23239
HuuskerDu

Well, let's see here..

In Suzumiya Haruhi no Seitenkan, the consensus is that Yuuki's character is tall, bishonen, reserved, and quiet. Which of course makes him total chick bait. He probably has a big fan club with the girls at North High (which of course he blithely ignores).

In the original non-Disappearance world, we can assume that Taniguichi and the other girls would likely gossip with Kyonko about the dreamy and mysterious hunk. Like the other girls, Kyonko will sometimes have harmless idle fantasies/daydreams about him (not as overtly lustful as Kyon does with Mikuru - more romantic than sexual). Because she has a rich and imaginative inner life, her fantasies tend to be far more elaborate than the other girls'. Cue lots of funny imagine-spots with silly Harlequin Romance novel plots. Example: Kyonko puts her head on her desk and daydreams of a shirtless Yuuki with rippling muscles riding a galloping white stallion as he scoops her up while she's running from the evil Dark Lord, and they ride off into the sunset together, etc. Silly stuff like that.

Now, Kyonko believes that Yuuki literally has no feelings (this is pre-Disappearance). One day Haruki skips the clubroom and goes home early, so there's nothing for Kyonko to do. Itsuko and Mikuru also go home, and so she's just left alone with Yuuki. Kyonko is bored. She sits at the main table and props up her head on her hands and just watches Yuuki reading his book. She watches how he turns the book pages with his long delicate fingers. She watches his graceful movements when he gets up to switch books. Eventually she decides to have a nap and lays her head on the table and closes her eyes and has one of her silly Harlequin fantasies again.

Then she wakes up and thinks, "Wait a second, he has no feelings. He's just a toaster. He's safe." Feeling a little bit mischievous, she stands up and puts her hands behind her back and saunters over behind him. She coos "Whatcha reading?" and rests her chin on his shoulder to look at the page. He doesn't react at all. So she pushes things further to try to get some kind of reaction out of him - but there's nothing. Finally she gives up goes home. And so now the pattern is set: She will flirt with him whenever she's alone and bored. Sometimes she rests her hands on his shoulders, sometimes she musses up his hair playfully, sometimes she give him back rub. She's not serious about any of it, and Yuuki always completely ignores her.

Eventually Kyonko starts talking to herself in front of him, doing her Kyon-style narrations out loud whenever they are alone together. She believes that speaking her narrations aloud helps her to work out her own personal thought processes, kind of like talking to your dog. And so Yuuki learns a lot about Kyonko's inner thoughts in this manner.

This can set up a Disappearance style scenario, where Yuuki finally snaps and makes himself human, with no memories of his humanoid past (same as what Yuki did to be with Kyon). As a human he's not such a robot anymore, more of a Mr. Spock type. (Not shy, just reserved.) He's still total chick bait of course. But none of the North High girls can fathom why such a hot guy - who could basically pick any beautiful girl he wanted - he seems to show interest only in this one rather ordinary looking flat-chested girl.

Meanwhile, Kyonko is freaking-out (like Kyon did). She fears she's going crazy as she desperately clings to Yuuki as her only hope to save her sanity. Yuuki, who has always been instinctually very protective of her (he had to protect Kyonko from Haruki a lot more than Yuki did Kyon), tells her that he believes her. He does this to reassure her. Privately he thinks she is likely mentally disturbed somehow, and that she merely needs someone who will quietly and respectfully listen to her and not mock or belittle her. But then Kyonko shows him the bookmark written in his own handwriting that he does not recall writing, and he begins to suspect that perhaps there is something to her story.

His protective instincts go into high gear, and he very much wants to help her. They begin to explore the mystery together. In this way the romance actually starts to build for real as they spend more and more time together (although neither one realizes it at first). Eventually they go together to Kouyouen Academy. On the street corner Haruki tries to slug Kyonko like Haruhi did Kyon, but Yuuki blocks him before he strikes her. And so on.

Anyway, near the end of the story Yuuki realizes that he caused the Disappearance, and that he himself is the source of all of Kyonko's misery and distress. This causes *huge* guilt/angst/regret issues for him (he had hurt the one person he really cares about). And so he considers erasing himself from existence. But Kyonko finds out and stops him, possibly with Big Mikuru's help. Kyonko desperately tries to convince Yuuki not to erase himself. She explains that she needs him, that she cares for him, that she needs him to protect her in the original world from Haruki if nothing else. They come to an understanding and go back to the original world. It ends basically at the same as the original story: There is now a very strong connection between them. Kyonko gives the Data Integration Thought Entity the ultimatum to not harm Yuuki, and he thanks her, and the story ends.

That's just one possible path. There are oodles of other interesting possibilities with Kyonko/Yuuki in the Disappearance world that could be really fun to explore.

-HuuskerDu

P.S. I left out Asakura because there is no reason for anyone to defend/guard someone as strong and protective as Yuuki.
Old 2015-04-12, 01:05   Link #23240
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmm, but what about a Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan version of the universe? What kind of man in Yuuki then? An ungainly gamer? Forgetful? Needs Asakura to get him to do things for himself? And where does that place Kyonko?

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan