AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-18, 14:13   Link #21
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Honobono has started subbing Hime-chan's Ribbon--this made my day

This is a classic mahou shoujo series, I have it on VHS sub but was wondering if anyone would ever fansub the whole series. Hime-chan is great as the tomboy-turned-mahou-shoujo, and the rest of the cast is really good too (even if at times I want to strangle Chappi's seiyuu). There's a short synopsis of the plot up at Wikipedia.

Thanks to everyone at Honobono for picking this up, I think this is one of the more underrated series out there.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 14:23   Link #22
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru
Thanks to everyone at Honobono for picking this up, I think this is one of the more underrated series out there.
How true.
And so it showed up. Yes, I saw Honobono took it, and I even watched their first release, which indeed I will collect. But still I'm attached to the italian vhs I still jealously own

This is My favourite anime series ever!

I copy and past a review on it that I have just happened to wrote
Covered with spoiler, although it's not very spoilering, because I've already seen it all (many times)

Spoiler for Hime Chan no Ribon Overall Review:

So if there are some Himeko and Pokota fans around, please show up and let's discuss a bit about this imho immensely amazing show.
Old 2006-01-18, 17:48   Link #23
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Talking

Indeed, this is a great series. Although I only read the manga till chapter 8 of volume 2 (there's no more scanlations ), from what I read, it's VERY good. I always liked mahou shoujo and romance anime, and this one didn't disapoint me. (
And that would be very difficult to happen, I like almost everything. )

Like most shoujos (if not all), the characters' design is very detailed and pretty, and, as mentioned before, the characters' personalities and relationships are very well developed. And I only read till chapter 8! What's more in store? Can't wait to find out.

To think I actually downloaded from e-mule eps 2-4 (I already had ep 1 from Solar-Genbu) of a spanish fansubber: saehara fansubs. They actually bought the R2 DVDs, it had very good video quality (and audio quality from time to time) - a LOT more than Tomodachi's releases. I'm not so sure about the spanish translation quality, though. Spanish subs should be fine to me (it's the country next to mine), but I prefer english subs: I'm more used to them.

Anyway, all this to be able to see this great anime.

Last edited by tugatosmk; 2006-01-18 at 18:03. Reason: Small info add and minor gramatical corrections
tugatosmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 08:36   Link #24
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Episode 3 has been recently released, and what great news this is.

The only "weird" thing is that the audio quality has decreased comparing to eps 1 and 2. Did the DVDs (from whatever source) already had that poor audio?
Because the DVD releases from a spanish fansub gropu (saehara fansubs) who had bought the R2 DVDs also had this "problem".
Old 2006-05-31, 15:57   Link #25
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Don't tell me I'm the only one downloading this series?!
Old 2006-05-31, 17:08   Link #26
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Nope, but I intend to grab the batch of all episodes at once
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 19:12   Link #27
Coolgurl
Editor
*Fansubber

Episode 4 released today. ^^
Coolgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 14:34   Link #28
howzitboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkie_McGee
Cool, I'm glad to see someone posting this series. I was downloading Hime-chan from a website that sadly died last fall. I was lucky enough to get all the episodes... except episode 54. So I'll be waiting patiently for that one to be released.
oo, i got a great idea. why dont u make a batch torrent of this and post it up somewhere. id love to get a batch of this series cuz sounds awesome.
howzitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 04:30   Link #29
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Episode 5 released today.
Old 2006-07-11, 07:18   Link #30
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Hehe, actually I downloaded an older set of subs of Hime-chan's Ribbon (all episodes) about a year ago (that batch was in fact a mix of low quality AVI's and RMVB's). But now that Honobono is making new subs out of the DVD version, I'm replacing the old one with this new set.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 11:30   Link #31
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
Hehe, actually I downloaded an older set of subs of Hime-chan's Ribbon (all episodes) about a year ago (that batch was in fact a mix of low quality AVI's and RMVB's). But now that Honobono is making new subs out of the DVD version, I'm replacing the old one with this new set.
I have the series on old-school VHS fansub, but definitely looking forward to seeing more at DVD quality. Downloading episode 5 right now
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 14:54   Link #32
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Hm... it's been a long time since someone posted here...

(And I don't want to discriminate honobono's Hime-chan no Ribbon release by only posting on Hikari no Densetsu thread. j/k)

Episode 16 was released a few days ago, which confirms the slow yet steady pace of the fansubbing. Ike ike, honobono!! Only 45 more to go!!

Unfortunately, most people seem to fail to notice this great series... The same thing happens with Touch, Hiatari Ryoukou, Hikari no Densetsu, and everything else older than 2000 or so.

I guess I'll continue to play the role as the "old-school supporter". Ganbare!!
Old 2007-03-12, 15:04   Link #33
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

To say the truth, I've seen the series so many times, that I'm downloading but not watching the subs. I've always the italian version on videotapes if I want to rewatch.

Anyway, I think the last released was episode 15. After Pokota's mountain adventure, with episode 16 a new arc starts. To the new watchers, withouth revealing anything, just let me say that after a lot of lighthearted slice of life, at this point of the show something huge is behind the corner...

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-03-12 at 15:46.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 13:49   Link #34
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Anyway, I think the last released was episode 15.
Oops. Right you are.
Old 2007-12-08, 22:27   Link #35
ellifeedn
Thinker

Once again I've seem to have stumbled onto another series. After seeing the posts in this thread I will consider watching this series. A shame it never got licensed. btw, I don't know whether to go for the DVD ones or the batch of all 61 episodes.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 23:34   Link #36
sailor_titan
Setsujoku no Senshi

Send a message via AIM to sailor_titan
It's great to see someone doing a new fansub off of the DVD masters , since it looks like this show will get licensed when pokotas fly.

This is in my top three fav anime people. SERIOUSLY. THIS ANIME ROCKS.

I can't even put my thumb on what about it just so awesome. As another poster said, it is just a joy to watch.

It will be great to be able to replace my old VHS fansubs with "forever" digisubs. As my husband said, "Now they won't disappear into the void."
sailor_titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 12:59   Link #37
FireChick

Honobono has released up to episode 22 of this series. They're still working on it. It looks interesting to me. I think I'll watch a bit of it and see if I like it.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 02:54   Link #38
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Ugh it's sooooooooooooo difficult to find these episodes.

Edit:so depressed I just finished the show,very good.

9/10

Last edited by karinvampire; 2010-09-12 at 12:47.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magical girl