AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-09-15, 10:39   Link #1461
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I don't remember Annie laughing at all so I believe it to be an anime only thing.
I don't know why they added her laughing though...kinda just makes it look like she enjoyed what she did to the scout legion (which looking at how R&B acted and how she stopped from hurting her friends makes me think otherwise).
Page 43 far left we see her smile red lip. But I bet the animator wanted to expand that into a crazy laugh to make her look well crazy. And can someone pm me how to add multiple quote to one message so I don't have to do multiple message thanks.
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 10:49   Link #1462
peskylemur25

And there were 3 more important thing I felt they left out in he anime. 1. Hanji not telling eren about that girl who wrote in the notebook when the ova come out will anyone know who she is. 2.the hanji scene where she question the power of eren and was the purpose of the titan power. It remove a certain mystery element from the anime. 3. They remove the speech where eren didn't want to be consider a monster and that would had help anime viewer why eren trust the scouting legion so much because he want to be accepted.

And beside the episode was called smile so we got an extra laugh that good.
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 18:29   Link #1463
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I don't remember Annie laughing at all so I believe it to be an anime only thing.
From Isayama's Blog:

It was an idea from HIM, but decided not to use it in the Manga but the Anime incorporated it.

Isayama also explains the laughter:
Quote:
An embarrassed smile/laugh made by a juvenile (eighth grade syndrome) character I’ve made up till now who’s been blamed/pointed at and has sadly been turned upon.

She’s feeling relief from the need to keep lying and becoming a normal sixteen year old girl.

The guilt, loneliness, and fear.
Quote:
it was supposed to be one of the scenes of that chapter, but in the end he didnt included it, later he regret for not include this, so in the anime it was included, and he says that he's so happy
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 20:30   Link #1464
kitten320

Now that it is confirmed that Annie's laugh is Isayama's doing... I wonder if Bert and Reiner know of this side of hers.
Old 2013-09-15, 23:18   Link #1465
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
From Isayama's Blog:

It was an idea from HIM, but decided not to use it in the Manga but the Anime incorporated it.

Isayama also explains the laughter:
what is the advantage of anime adaptation of a manga to put new scenes
Old 2013-09-16, 00:35   Link #1466
kitsunisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
what is the advantage of anime adaptation of a manga to put new scenes
To put in scenes the author wanted in the manga but either didn't think to add at the time or was excluded due to time/space issues. It's expanding on the story directly from the creator of the series, what's the disadvantage of the anime adaptation of a manga putting in new scenes?
kitsunisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 12:33   Link #1467
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard Duck View Post
She wasn't an exception. Remember: She led the titans to the right flank during the FT arc. This implies they were chasing her. They stopped chasing her because there were humans in the way. This is not unusual: The titans who attacked Eren while he was trying to seal the gate turned around when humans got too close, and the titans in this chapter turned around to attack the humans instead of focusing on Reiner.

Annie draws titans to attack just as much as the other titan shifters. The difference with her is that she has exhibited a call that causes the titans to ignore humans.
That could be it, but then Ymir said she survived outside the wall for 60 years. I can't imagine that being the case if all the other titans are trying to kill her.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 12:45   Link #1468
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateraldeath View Post
That could be it, but then Ymir said she survived outside the wall for 60 years. I can't imagine that being the case if all the other titans are trying to kill her.
she survived 60years... as a "mindless titan"... after she ate borik who was a titan-shifter she regained her human conciousness.... so when she was a mindless titan other titans ignored her as she was one of them.... but shen she gained her mind back (5years ago like rest) the mindless titans consider her enemy

I was wondering about other matter... in the chapter with the tower... we can see a small titan attack other titan and bite its ear off and later maybe even killed... the ones it bite was mostly the ones who ape titan created.... so maybe there is a small difference between titans orgins... as the mindless ones might feel other titans who were turned in other way (maybe there are titans made from corpses... and other from living humans....and the ones made from living humans can have at least small amount of mind... like the one who talked about yamir... or at connies house [mostly mother])
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 21:19   Link #1469
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
she survived 60years... as a "mindless titan"... after she ate borik who was a titan-shifter she regained her human conciousness.... so when she was a mindless titan other titans ignored her as she was one of them.... but shen she gained her mind back (5years ago like rest) the mindless titans consider her enemy

I was wondering about other matter... in the chapter with the tower... we can see a small titan attack other titan and bite its ear off and later maybe even killed... the ones it bite was mostly the ones who ape titan created.... so maybe there is a small difference between titans orgins... as the mindless ones might feel other titans who were turned in other way (maybe there are titans made from corpses... and other from living humans....and the ones made from living humans can have at least small amount of mind... like the one who talked about yamir... or at connies house [mostly mother])
It does seem that normal titans and human titans attack one another, but it also looks like human titans attack humans as well so I'm not sure if they still retain their consciousness once they transform. Maybe there are exceptions like with Connie's mother?
Old 2013-09-16, 21:58   Link #1470
Destined_Fate

Man, mad respect to Jean for what he did in Chapter 49. He really does care lots about Mikasa, huh?

Hey, anyone think the Mindless Titans try to eat the Titans that have regained their minds because they want to regain their own minds instinctively thus they target them as enemies?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 11:22   Link #1471
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
If you are talking about "mindless" or not having consciousness, so is Eren's first transformation, yet he was treated hostile by every titan he came across.

Also can you direct me the page where they said she regained consciousness BECAUSE she ate their friend? I can't find that. The part where Reiner and Bertlholdt were talking mentioned those two things together but that's not evidence one happened because of the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Man, mad respect to Jean for what he did in Chapter 49. He really does care lots about Mikasa, huh?

XD

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 12:49   Link #1472
darklegends8

Quote:

Hey, anyone think the Mindless Titans try to eat the Titans that have regained their minds because they want to regain their own minds instinctively thus they target them as enemies?
However, it doesn't have to be a love sort of thing, Jean was pretty affected by Marco's death, so he might be more protective of his friends.
Old 2013-09-17, 13:11   Link #1473
Parchevich

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
However, it doesn't have to be a love sort of thing, Jean was pretty affected by Marco's death, so he might be more protective of his friends.
Jean has never blushed and complimented Marco on his pretty hair though. I'd like this to have been a Jean-saves-a-friend moment, but it was probably meant to be a remember-Jean-still-likes-Mikasa moment. Which sucks, since I don't want Jean & Mikasa to hook up, and such moments make me suspicious that they will.
Parchevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 13:14   Link #1474
Destined_Fate

But we already know that Jean is very much attracted to Mikasa. He didn't go crazy when everyone else was dying but the moment Mikasa is grabbed, and her ribs crushed somewhat, he immediately went to save her without any concern for his own safety or even any fear. He was just straight out furious that the Titan had grabbed Mikasa that he discarded rational thought.

As for Jean x Mikasa.

Well, Eren only sees Mikasa as a sister. It has also been nearly Mikasa one sidedly protecting Eren with Eren being selfish or placing his needs first. Jean on the other hand puts Mikasa first even before his own life. The sad thing is that Mikasa doesn't notice this as she's too concerned for Eren's safety.

So both are being selfless for the ones they love with the object of their love being oblivious to it.
Old 2013-09-17, 13:50   Link #1475
Haigon

Isayama's comment about that (before the chapter came out):

私「ジャンは一生片思いのままですか」
Me: Is Jean’s love going to remain unrequited?
先生「来月ジャンはミカサの王子様みたいな感じの展開になりますよ」
Isayama: Next month, there’s a development where Jean will become like Mikasa’s prince!
私「本当ですか!?(歓喜)」
Me: Really!? (Super happy)
先生「でもミカサは眼中にないです」
Isayama: But Mikasa won’t think anything of it.
私「あっ安定のジャンですね」
Me: Oh. So usual Jean then.
担当者「エレンが死んだらチャンスくるんじゃない」
Editor: If Eren died, he might have a chance.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 14:05   Link #1476
Destined_Fate

Oh gawd... A death flag for Eren?

If they were to get together, Jean and Mikasa, I would want it to be real. Not just Mikasa settling because Eren died.

Though I can see Jean doing something crazy to save Mikasa after Chapter 49, as he already went crazy for her in Chapter 49, as her ribs are damaged so she wont be able to fight at her fullest.
Old 2013-09-17, 14:22   Link #1477
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well Jean certainly likes Mikasa and among everyone else he wants her to live, but honestly he hasn't made a move in like... how many years? And we haven't even seen him saying or thinking anything that would make him look particularly affected by his feelings after that time when he complimented her hair.

I think he has way too many things on his head to think about romance especially after the events that changed him.
I don't think he is even thinking or hoping about a future with Mikasa like... Reiner with Christa.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 14:26   Link #1478
Destined_Fate

Jean hasn't made a move because he knows how Mikasa is Eren focused even after all this time. Hell, he dressed up as Eren not for Eren but because helping Eren meant helping Mikasa.

Besides, he hasn't actually had much time to think considering all that has happened so far. Still, even without thinking he still instinctly put Mikasa's safety even before his own. So he still has feelings for her even if he hasn't acted on them for whatever reason.
Old 2013-09-17, 14:33   Link #1479
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Oh gawd... A death flag for Eren?.
Not necessarily. It might simply be stating a fact: As long as Eren's in the picture, she has eyes for no one else...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 14:47   Link #1480
zibi88

Quote:
If they were to get together, Jean and Mikasa, I would want it to be real. Not just Mikasa settling because Eren died.

Though I can see Jean doing something crazy to save Mikasa after Chapter 49, as he already went crazy for her in Chapter 49, as her ribs are damaged so she wont be able to fight at her fullest.
Well not like Eren could do anything about it as he was tied up like a ragdoll (but eren tried to yell to mikasa to look out but was unable to as he had his mouth shut)... besides if mikasa died they would be in trouble as she is one of the strongest and she feels guilty that she didnt killed R&B before and everything so far happened becouse of it (eren taken...who saved many lives before Jean and mikasa included)

Jean can play a hero but that wont change mikasas feelings... she saved his ass many times already so one time from his part would be at place.....well this act wont give him any access to her pants so useless trying... he should look for other girl to protect :P as mikasa is not interested in anyone other then eren (2nd might be armin as they were close as kids)

but eren is not the only thick head :P Mikasa is too a thick head.... when the captain said to her to take care of her boyfriend... she blushed and said "were family"... she could have said "ok"... her words didnt match with her blush...

anyway there is a easy way to change erens mind about mikasa... all its needed is mikasa hugging him...kissing...and saying she loves him and wants to be with him so they would be family for real and for good..... kinda to change erens image of her as elder sister taking care of her younger brother ^^

as for next chapter I guess it will be Mikasa+eren vs that titan.... kinda to deal with the past.... as it was both their mother so its at pleace that they will both unite forces to unleash their fury of pain from 5years ago on that titan.... there is no place for jean... as its a "family matter".... if he sticked his nose into this mikasa wouldnt forgive jean (its mikasa and erens thing).... maybe eren in his titan form will protect injured mikasa (like his father said... learn to control this power in order to protect mikasa and armin)

Last edited by zibi88; 2013-09-17 at 15:08.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote