5 out of 10 : Below Average 12 9.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 6.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 4.88%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 6 4.88%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 13.82%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-06-22, 05:43   Link #41
x0dus

Lol, I love all the idiots that think this episode was filler. It was in the manga.

I thought the Gai part was hilarious, and was glad they put it in.

Taking a long time to remove the boulder adds importance to the defensive skills of Akatsuki and further heightens their image as the strongest guys around. If they left the front door wide open, it wouldn't be as interesting and you know it.

I gave it a 10, this is the best episode of Naruto in AGEES and im liking the momentum theyre building up despite being a manga follower and obviously knowing whats going to happen.

One thing I have noticed that I dont like about Naruto, is when they show the preview for the next episode - they do it in a weird sort of kiddy theme which doesnt make sense. Next episode they are all fighting, and it would be better if they put more upbeat and dramatic music to get people excited about it rather than ruining the cliffhanger with some stupid jokes about weapons etc.
x0dus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 06:39   Link #42
SamuraiX

Send a message via MSN to SamuraiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku540 View Post
Yes, I do agree that these episodes are being drawn-out to the max. But what do you guys propose? More 1 hour specials so we can catch up to the manga FASTER? I'd much rather see some side-scenes here and there in the actual story episodes than wait 2 years again to watch Naruto. As long as the non-filler parts are treated well I have no complaints.
Um we just had a whole year of fillers so we are not going to catch up to the Manga ANY TIME SOON. And the anime team could do a better job a really better job and go back to how it use to be. Fillers here and there not every darn episode give us a few episodes with no garbage included and then sprinkle couple filler episodes in there but so far we have had 18 episodes of Shippuden and not one episode was not filler free. I mean come on if One Piece with its 300+ episodes can find a way to balance fillers and manga material then Naruto should be able to also.
SamuraiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 06:49   Link #43
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

You can tell that the anime loves Dragonball Z.
The scene of Team Gai putting hands together and then leaving....was terrible.
Spoiler for I looked awfully like....:

Gaara was out there and they were joking outside...right? And then Naruto loved it aswell...the anime gets worse and worse compared to the anime.

But appart from that it was ok... i give it a 7.
Old 2007-06-22, 07:15   Link #44
KingN0thing

Omg what a horrible one again.
I mean honestly they are about to fight against a really serious enemy but non the less they are about to make this silly jokes and funstuff again.
Whats wrong with them i mean the attitude of the characters in the show switches in a blink of an eye from serious moments to absolute ridicolus ones :-(
And the scene where Naruto gets angry at the end i am sorry guys but in the earlier episodes this scene would have been looked a whole different from what we have seen these days.
KingN0thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 07:32   Link #45
EoT
~~

This episode was so predictable.. of course they would spend a whole episode into trying to open the cave and the preview for the next looks like some sort of comedy act.

I gave it a 2.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 08:32   Link #46
thund3rcat

One of the more frustrating episode, might have to take a peek at the manga now.
thund3rcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 08:43   Link #47
tatami
back in black

my eyeeeessss my EYEEEEEESSSSSS they are meltingggg...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 09:23   Link #48
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Pfffft ... no special for missing a week of Naruto and they manage to insert totally disrespectful Gai idiocy in it.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 09:26   Link #49
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
The amount of time it took to open that cave put me to tears. They could of just shown that for 10 min instead of the whole episode.

And it should've been an hour long. Hopefully, the stall was just for the making Ep. 19 a Ep. 19-20.

Gai doing a team assemble thing was pretty funny, especially when Neji really didn't want to.

Despite all that it was pretty good, I gave it a 7/10.

In the next episode I hope they don't stall the action, it looked like Naruto was flared up.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 09:32   Link #50
naruto89

that akatsuki special convo thing was kinda of funny especially wiv wat dediera said about itachi, maybe a coincidence wiv the manga perhaps

also the team gai's motivation huddle was on par wiv part 1 humour
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 09:49   Link #51
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Wait i started thinking about it already however i felt like posting it here.
Lee is able to walk on water...thus using his chakra at the most difficult place (the feet) and even Kakashi said that in theory a person should be able to master any jutsu from tree walking. And walking on water is probably the 2nd step.
Old 2007-06-22, 10:06   Link #52
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
For some reason, I actually liked the episode.

I didn't get any impression of getting bored, and I really didn't feel like complaining. I loved Sakura breaking that boulder in two, loved the way her eyes looked.

I thought the coordination between the teams was a nice touch to have going on, and the "Lee had his mic on MAX" did make me laugh.

Maybe it's because I'm in a good mood, but I didn't see anything wrong in this one, and rather enjoyed it, especially since the manga chapter was also about dealing with the seal.

8 from me.

//@Sabaku Kyu.

In order to increase speed, you gather chakra at your feet. That's the basis on which Sasuke and Naruto trained in the very first arc. The tree-walking exercise wasn't -only- so they'd waste less chakra using techniques, they could also use it to increase their overall stamina and speed.

Refer to the fight between:

-Sasuke and Haku.
-Naruto and Kiba. ("he only manages to evade Kiba by gathering all the chakra at his feet")

The water walking being exactly the same as the tree walking, it makes it no different. The fact that Lee can't use this training to use "jutsus" is only explained by "he has no talent in genjutsu or ninjutsu", with no further development.

Last edited by Frenchie; 2007-06-22 at 10:13. Reason: Reply to Sabaku
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 10:50   Link #53
Petbe
Wingless Angel

I was really saddened by the episode. Which is surprising since I had already guessed they would do this. I do like how Narutos eyes are red a lot of the time now hehe. But my question is umm, when Neji used Byakugan, he gets those veins below his eyes. So when kakashi mentioned Neji to search for the other 4, the veins were already there, which confused me. It looked to me like he was still using Byakugan, so why did he need to use it again while it was still on? Or was it that to get a wider area, we was stepping it up a notch *BAM* sorry.. couldn't resist lol.

But in all honesty.. I feel sorry for Neji... being in Gai's group... he must have so much patience.

Edit: Oh ya, is it true no Naruto next week? I remember last week when no Naruto, someone said no Naruto this week, naruto next week but none the following week. Which I can live with, if they make it a special, which I doubt.
Old 2007-06-22, 11:01   Link #54
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

no naruto next week
there will be 1 ep of naruto on that following week

sources : leafninja

i'll give this ep a 1,they only did 1 thing and that was remove the seal T_T.The strange part was when kakashi's team went in the tunnel and they move differently from manga ,is that right?
Justice Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 11:05   Link #55
Vicious108

Hooray for Gaara dying and Team Gai taking their sweet time with Ginyu Force team rituals. That was ridiculous.

Strangely enough, I enjoyed this episode a bit more than the previous ones... probably because those were so bad that it wouldnt be hard to improve.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 11:27   Link #56
BlackShinobi07

They actually spent the whole blasted episode trying to get by the bolder. Thats it, im done. Shippuden is absolute S***. I mean this is pushing it. I know they dont want to catch up to the manga but this is just ridiculous. How much time did they spend outside the cave acting stupid knowing Gaaras life was at risk?

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-06-22 at 21:22.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 12:20   Link #57
Sci-Fi

It wouldn't have been too bad if the animators added in some explanation about the barrier seals or something else rather than the Gai team togetherness sequence. Some feel that's what is missing in Shippuuden and what made part 1 so fun and interesting...the viewers learn as the characters do.

Kind of interesting that the anime watchers are making the same complaint as the manga readers about the pacing of Shippuuden.
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 13:01   Link #58
Covenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
What the ... I'm usually not critical of fillers and such since I haven't read the manga so I don't have that "hurry up" feeling but this...is...bad. I laughed for a bit at the end, yeah, and that's it. I gave the episode a five, and that's my lowest score on any Naruto polls. Absolutely nothing happened this episode plotwise. At least the fillers before Shippuden builds up on some character development, but this is, and I've never said this before for Naruto, a waste of my time.
This isn't a filler dude.

PEOPLE THIS WASN'T FILLER IT WAS IN THE MANGA.

Sick of people saying it's a filler episode, that is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
They needed a 30min episode just to break the freaking boulder? Excuse me Mr Lumir, if thats the case then the pacing is worse than everything before. But oh well, we knew that before this episode came out :\
I wonder if I should keep downloading this series, Naruto is more and more annoying me, as well as Gai...
What this series need is a ninja who would beat both of them in an instant just to show them that nobody wants to seed their idiotic quarrel. I would like Tenten to be that person (I would love to see her beat Naruto xD) since sadly Kakashi seems to be fully satisfied with the current pacing :X
It was in the manga sir and took just as long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiX View Post
Um we just had a whole year of fillers so we are not going to catch up to the Manga ANY TIME SOON. And the anime team could do a better job a really better job and go back to how it use to be. Fillers here and there not every darn episode give us a few episodes with no garbage included and then sprinkle couple filler episodes in there but so far we have had 18 episodes of Shippuden and not one episode was not filler free. I mean come on if One Piece with its 300+ episodes can find a way to balance fillers and manga material then Naruto should be able to also.
What the hell are you blabbering about. The pacing is fine. There were two filler parts that whole episode. The whole Gai huddle thing and the Lee too loud on the microphone part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post
The amount of time it took to open that cave put me to tears. They could of just shown that for 10 min instead of the whole episode.
Again it was in the manga and took just as long.

Guys this is getting f'ing ridiculous. : (

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-06-22 at 16:36.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 14:10   Link #59
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Hooray for Gaara dying and Team Gai taking their sweet time with Ginyu Force team rituals. That was ridiculous.
It made me laugh but considering what they were there to do it was utterly ridiculous. I donīt think thereīs a need for me to mention how important time was in this rescue mission, but Iīm doing it anyway. Which brings me to this: I really like the Akatsuki-theme but considering that the show itself hasnīt matured, feels like itīs even more childlike now, the music feels very much of out of place.

What the f*ck is happening with Naruto, the manga is getting more and more out of hand and the anime is getting slower and slower, while becoming more like Pokémon than what it could be at itīs best moments pre-timeskip.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!

Last edited by Last_Hope; 2007-06-22 at 14:23.
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 14:19   Link #60
Azure King
Snr Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
Again it was in the manga and took just as long.

Guys this is getting f'ing ridiculous. : (
Whats getting ridiculous is that you have to post 4 time to say the same message.

Just becuase it was in the manga, it doesn't mean it have to be in the anime so please do not start up the mangaxanime agurement, and for many of us dragging out an non important sence it just like fillers to us
We all like to see what happens next in shippuden but by dragging it out like how they are doing it now we starting to lose interest in the plot
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote