AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-05, 13:38   Link #2241
orangejuicetang

Kay, I was going crazy looking for her lol

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2012-01-05, 13:51   Link #2242
Walterion

And that's the proof of victory I needed to see. And it's more beliveable as well, since it's 2-1, Rosa is almost DEAD and B.Battler is on 2/5 bars in his special (Exact number of a 236236C meta combo).
Old 2012-01-05, 14:01   Link #2243
Nanashi_1337

Though the previous picture probably shows he cheated, because heck no you can get a perfect against him. Well, I have no problems about this, but I wish someone recorded it.
Old 2012-01-05, 14:05   Link #2244
kona~chan
ヘタレ

wow somebody finnaly win against him, seriously i thought it was impossible.

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
Old 2012-01-05, 14:08   Link #2245
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Now that you mention it, B.Battler's been killed by Rosa's grab in that picture. That's pretty unlikely...in my experience he always blocks your grabs.

In other words, it went like this.
Partner called Meta - Partner switched out without doing anything - B.Battler didn't do anything for the whole meta and got killed by a grab from Rosa

If Rosa had tried guarding, she'd have lost her health (B.Battler has Shave Boost) and her guard bar would be fuller. It's probably got to be a loop he found or an AI exploit.

EDIT: Didn't see the new post.
Old 2012-01-05, 14:08   Link #2246
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona~chan View Post
wow somebody finnaly win against him, seriously i thought it was impossible.
Based on the comments in that last CG, so did some of the staff, so you're in good company.
Old 2012-01-05, 14:09   Link #2247
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Lol, we still need a video. Too many things still unclear.
Old 2012-01-05, 14:17   Link #2248
Nanashi_1337

Maybe B.Battler is awful at blocking Rosa's shotgun, but I don't know. I'm not good enough with her to try Hard Arcade.
Old 2012-01-05, 14:24   Link #2249
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi_1337 View Post
Maybe B.Battler is awful at blocking Rosa's shotgun, but I don't know. I'm not good enough with her to try Hard Arcade.
He used Princess Mode. It's simply a case of mashing X to load/fire.
Old 2012-01-05, 14:28   Link #2250
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

But first time he didnt use Princess
Old 2012-01-05, 14:47   Link #2251
Nanashi_1337

Okay, tried Hard with Rosa... *sigh* The AI is terrible at dealing with Rosa's shotgun. Terrible. I managed to win all the fights by spamming this special, and in Normal mode.

Anyway, I tried then B.Battler, but it was worth nothing. He either grabs me or blocks by running thanks to that stuuuuuuuupid Auto-Guard ability from Shannon. No, it doesn't work. Sorry to say this, but it just doesn't. Aerial Shotgun attacks are worthless because I always meet his Dragon Punch super. Always. And he has like 5 tries, and all count as counters because of Erika's ability. Ground are worthless unless I hit him while he uses the projectile or that rush special, which unfortunately it's not common. Otherwise, I'm blocked and inmediately grabbed if I try to reload or get away.
Old 2012-01-05, 14:55   Link #2252
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

You know, I think he might be glitched...
Something this messed up can't exist lol

Patch nerf plz
Old 2012-01-05, 15:11   Link #2253
Azrail
Storm Vanguard

This reminds me so much of Absolute Virtue from FFXI. Was nearly impossible to beat (or quite possibly impossible), it used every major ability from every class in the game and it took hours upon hours to get it low because it would keep recovering from damage with said abilities.

It gained some bad publicity because of its absurd difficulty and combined with people whining about it enough it eventually did get nerfed. After that people stopped talking/caring about it so much whether they were able to beat it or not because it was clearly beatable at that point. The point is... people were mostly interested because of the completely insane challenge it offered and not simply because they couldn't win.

If this was just a case of average players losing and most of the good players roflstomping and being done with the game in a single weekend, interest wouldn't have come this far. Enjoy the ludicrous and unique challenge while you can because it wont take even a day for interest to die if it does get nerfed.
Old 2012-01-05, 15:15   Link #2254
Meltyred

The fun is in the hardness, and not in the broken part about it.
But losing multiple times in a row is horrible, so don't keep trying it.
Old 2012-01-05, 15:19   Link #2255
Azrail
Storm Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
The fun is in the hardness, and not in the broken part about it.
But losing multiple times in a row is horrible, so don't keep trying it.
I don't view it as something you're meant to grind over and over without taking a break until you finally beat it. It's something that you can always come back to when you're bored of netplay or months after you've put the game down and will always be there to challenge in a way nothing else is going to challenge you. All you get from beating it is a CG there's no game breaking elements hinging on beating it and if you care about CG so much I'm sure there will be a full clear floating around that you can eventually download to get that final CG.
Old 2012-01-05, 15:31   Link #2256
Meltyred

I can't even beat him yet....
But I find it fun.
Even though the most I can do is get him to red health then watch it heal like magic when I get pummeled.
I was using kanon solo, cause he is the only character I can use. (orz)
Old 2012-01-05, 17:10   Link #2257
Joachim13
Finite Witch

Rosa gun spamming would only be part of it. Rosa's Battler would be able to use her ability to guard break and pull an SP2 move which would let him switch back to Rosa and she would shoot along aside Kyrie and Rudolf, or since this strategy stockpiles SP for Rosa she can fight for Meta to either deplenish the opponents SP, or to use a meta super just cause, so that Rosa's Battler can recharge his SP points and then repeat the process.

Does that work?
Old 2012-01-05, 17:27   Link #2258
Nanashi_1337

No, because of the lack of SP. Unfortunately, we don't have 5 powerbar like B.Battler, we start at 0. And the fastest way to earn power in this fight is to be hit by B.Battler, which is really easy and fills fast because of the damage. Hitting him? Not so easy, unfortunately, and he makes sure of that. So yeah, to have enough power to pull what you said you need to get hurt, and possibly lose a match. That may work for only one round, unfortunately. And there's two to clear.
Old 2012-01-05, 17:30   Link #2259
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

/sigh jesus shits did they patch beato to only know how to throw stakes? I swear she used to try to get close to u once in a while rather than relying on spamming that bullshit move as long as shes out of melee range... virgilia and ange didnt stand a chance (adding to the fact i havnt played them in a while..)
Old 2012-01-05, 17:37   Link #2260
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

You guys should really play online vs someone. The netcode is excelent, and it's much better than fighting machines.