AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-02, 16:25   Link #261
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

We're not actually called "team Ronove", of course. I wish Ronove would reveal our group's actual name…
Old 2012-06-02, 18:02   Link #262
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

I just want to express my gratitude to you guys for translating this!

I'd heard Higanbana wasn't that good, and sort of agreed from the first few chapters of the manga, but this patch made me changed my mind. Just finished the first chapter, and it was actually good. Not Umineko good, but still good.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 19:13   Link #263
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

I must admit that I didn't really enjoy the manga, and yet I absolutely loved the visual novel. I may come across as biased, but I don't think it's a bad story by any means.

I'm glad you've been enjoying it, Captain!
Old 2012-06-02, 20:47   Link #264
-Kuroko-

I just finished the first chapter and God it was brilliant! R07 is such a genius writing emotional suspense-horror stories like this! the narration was flawless! I loved Kanamori's inner crazy monologues! and this is just the beggining I have 6 more stories to read! this is going to be awesome
Thank you so much for translating guys! I love you!
-Kuroko- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 23:30   Link #265
Ryuudou

Yirba we're so thankful it can't be put into words.

Started last night!
Ryuudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 04:14   Link #266
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
We're not actually called "team Ronove", of course. I wish Ronove would reveal our group's actual name…
I'd like to know too, I'm kinda uncomfortable referring to you as "the Higanbana Ronove team"
Anyway, I saw you already started working on 第二夜. Not a moment of rest, have you? Good luck!!
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 06:36   Link #267
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
I'd like to know too, I'm kinda uncomfortable referring to you as "the Higanbana Ronove team"
Anyway, I saw you already started working on 第二夜. Not a moment of rest, have you? Good luck!!
I suppose it's confusing for people to know what they're supposed to call us. Ronove didn't want to reveal the name of our group until… well, I'm not even sure if it'll ever be revealed. For now, anyway, our group's name will remain sealed in a cat-box. But honestly, who cares? The truth isn't important.

Yeah, we've started work on The Second Night. Ronove is working hard on it now, although I suppose I don't have too much to do until more of the game is translated.
Old 2012-06-03, 12:24   Link #268
alarmadadna hadi

Quote:
I loved Kanamori's inner crazy monologues!
Yeah, I also finished the first story, and the youkai world logic is very reminiscent of umineko's fantasy layer, which I always liked: the descriptive narration has a knack for mixing and blurring reason and madness, reality and illusion. The old school building closed room, night dimension vs day time, transcending the human self, vessels, good stuff

Quote:
I must admit that I didn't really enjoy the manga, and yet I absolutely loved the visual novel. I may come across as biased, but I don't think it's a bad story by any means.
Totally agree, a more traditional horror with a 07th expansion style is no bad deal at all.

And that school bell bgm, eets paafekuto...

Spoiler for theory:
Old 2012-06-03, 15:41   Link #269
-Kuroko-

Ok, I finished The Spirit Camera and wow.. just WOW! this story was beyond awesome!

Spoiler for The Spirit Camera:

If the remaining 5 stories are in this level of epicness.. this is going to be the best read ever!! This night I'm going to read The Princess' Lie!
Old 2012-06-04, 09:34   Link #270
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
I've just recently finished ch 2 too.
Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 11:12   Link #271
Captain Bluebeard

Just finished Chapter 2, and I must say I liked it a lot better than the first one. It was a very atmospheric chapter for the most part, and I guess it wouldn't be Ryukihsi without the
Spoiler for Chapter 2:

I'm really looking forward to the next one!

P.S: I noticed there was this '~' character in many spots where it just didn't seem fitting (usually it is used to make the spoken statement funny or 'moe') and I wonder, is that some error, or was it there in the original text as well?

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-06-04, 11:23   Link #272
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 12:15   Link #273
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
P.S: I noticed there was this '~' character in many spots where it just didn't seem fitting (usually it is used to make the spoken statement funny or 'moe') and I wonder, is that some error, or was it there in the original text as well?
Hmmm…I'll look into that.

EDIT: Looks like we used a tilde in occasions where someone elongates their words, as well as where a tilde appears in the Japanese script.

I do agree that it looks a bit strange in some cases though, so maybe we should either represent the elongated sounds another way or just remove the tildes…
Old 2012-06-04, 15:23   Link #274
-Kuroko-

I finished The Princess' Lie last night and Damn! I definitely didn't see THIS coming..

Spoiler for The Princess' Lie:

If I had to describe this story in a few words it would be 'a painful masterpiece'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for The Spirit Camera:

Quote:
I do agree that it looks a bit strange in some cases though, so maybe we should either represent the elongated sounds another way or just remove the tildes…
I like it because I know when I should elongate the words in my mind, I don't mind if you change it but don't remove them
Old 2012-06-04, 18:26   Link #275
Captain Bluebeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Spoiler:
Yeah, I get that.
Spoiler for Chapter 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
Looks like we used a tilde in occasions where someone elongates their words, as well as where a tilde appears in the Japanese script.

I got that it had such a use, it just looked a bit strange to the eye in some points, but that's maybe my fault for associating it with goofy lines (that's how it was mostly used in WH's patches).

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-06-04, 20:27   Link #276
lugh121

I can't believe it, Higanbana really exceeded my expectations o.o I finished chapter 5 and the gosh ! Gruesome ><
lugh121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 23:32   Link #277
-Kuroko-

I finished reading Shrine Of The Guardian Deity, this story was so short!
I enjoyed the easy going and somehow happy atmosphere of this story, it was a nice 'break', Michiru is so cute! I love twin tailed and eye patched girls! I want to see more of her! I imagine her voice like Tooru from A-Channel

Spoiler for Minor spoilers:
Old 2012-06-05, 01:36   Link #278
Corfish1001

I guess I'll put my own two cents in about chapter 2:
Spoiler for Chapter 2:

Anyways, I want to give my thanks to Team Ronove (for lack of a better name) for translating Higanbana. So far, the 3 stories I've read have actually been great, and I'm looking forward to reading the rest =)
Corfish1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 06:39   Link #279
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Thanks, Corfish.

We're actually called "Spider Lily Translations" now, so no need for any of that "Team Ronove" nonsense.
Old 2012-06-05, 19:29   Link #280
alarmadadna hadi

Spoiler for Spirit Camera:

Spoiler for Princess Lie:

Spoiler for Guardian Deity:

Spoiler for Hameln's Castanets:

Spoiler for A girl's day:

Just one more to go, but this reading so far has been so much entertaining I gotta than spider lilly for their efforts all over again.