monir
cho~ kakkoii

Trailer looks very good!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 01:15   Link #182
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by APNki View Post
Microsoft Surface RT and Nissan Infiniti EX 35 (?)

Nice
Old 2013-05-11, 02:09   Link #183
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Looks good, can't wait to watch it.
Old 2013-05-11, 02:34   Link #184
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Now, that's gonna kick butt! Bring on this new series!
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 14:13   Link #185
Dextro
He Without a Title

Ok now we're talking! That trailer felt a lot more like the GiTS I like. Bring it on!
Old 2013-05-15, 18:16   Link #186
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Hopefully the story and depth can match the previous 2 tv series. I was never really a big fan of GitS until the tv series so I'm pretty ok with new people to work on the franchise and interested to see how it turns out.
Old 2013-05-15, 22:19   Link #187
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Hopefully the story and depth can match the previous 2 tv series. I was never really a big fan of GitS until the tv series so I'm pretty ok with new people to work on the franchise and interested to see how it turns out.
It's (4) 50 min movies here (200 min total). It can't be as complicated and have as much depth as a 26 episode GitS TV series (650 min total).
Old 2013-05-16, 07:03   Link #188
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It's (4) 50 min movies here (200 min total). It can't be as complicated and have as much depth as a 26 episode GitS TV series (650 min total).
I think that's plenty if they focused on a single story arc. The tv series had a lot of side stories episode especially the first SAC. I'm assuming they are using the SAC universe which is already pretty well developed after the two tv series and GitS:SSS.
Old 2013-05-16, 08:05   Link #189
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Good trailer.

Btw, did I just see two Akatsuki members at 1:01?? They even look like two of those 6-paths Pains. I guess Akatsuki-style uniform has become popular nowadays .
Old 2013-05-16, 16:53   Link #190
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I think that's plenty if they focused on a single story arc. The tv series had a lot of side stories episode especially the first SAC. I'm assuming they are using the SAC universe which is already pretty well developed after the two tv series and GitS:SSS.
I actually thought that it was confirmed to be yet another universe unrelated to both the movies and SAC.
Old 2013-05-17, 20:08   Link #191
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I actually thought that it was confirmed to be yet another universe unrelated to both the movies and SAC.
Whether it's confirmed or not, it obviously has to be its own universe within the GitS metaverse, if only because of her age and all the other members (she was presumably noticeably older prior to meeting some of them in the SAC universe vs in this version, based on the side stories told during SAC).
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 12:48   Link #192
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
People will hate it and say that it's less deeper than the previous series and it's BS , bad , poor characterization etc etc etc
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 22:50   Link #193
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenneth4 View Post
People will hate it and say that it's less deeper than the previous series and it's BS , bad , poor characterization etc etc etc
So? People hate everything. If you let someone else's level of derived pleasure dictate your own, you're in for high cholesterol and probable heart attacks by your 40s.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 06:37   Link #194
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Chapter 3 is out and it centers partially on the problem of Article 9.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 14:17   Link #195
thor94

For french people (not sure if european people can buy ticket):
The first movie of GITS: Arise (french sub) will be screened in world premiere for June 21th 2013, at Grand Rex (Paris).

book your ticket here
thor94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 03:12   Link #196
neshru

I went back and watched the first SAC series in anticipation for the upcoming one, and now I'm even more confused as to why all those people were bitching about the look of the new one. The character designs from the original series are nothing short of awful, with a terribly generic year 2000ish style that was also badly drawn more often than not. They don't hold a candle to the slick, well-proportioned and perfectly drawn character designs from the new OVA.
I wonder if the people that were complaining even remembered what the original series looks like.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 03:41   Link #197
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
The character designs from the original series are nothing short of awful, with a terribly generic year 2000ish style that was also badly drawn more often than not. They don't hold a candle to the slick, well-proportioned and perfectly drawn character designs from the new OVA.
I wonder if the people that were complaining even remembered what the original series looks like.
It’s up to taste, really. Still, if you want a comparison:

Yeah, Motoko from the original series (GITS: SAC & 2nd GIG) looks the best IMO.
Old 2013-06-12, 04:23   Link #198
kuromitsu

Quote:
I went back and watched the first SAC series in anticipation for the upcoming one, and now I'm even more confused as to why all those people were bitching about the look of the new one. The character designs from the original series are nothing short of awful, with a terribly generic year 2000ish style that was also badly drawn more often than not. They don't hold a candle to the slick, well-proportioned and perfectly drawn character designs from the new OVA.
That's not the "original series," that's SAC. If there's anything that can be called "original series" in GITS it's the manga.

Anyway, my only problem with the Arise designs is Motoko. Her hair looks like a cheap cosplay wig, and the color clashes horribly with her red outfit. Say what you want about SAC Motoko, at least she knew how to color-coordinate. And even aside of the color clashing, that striking blue and red look awful.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 05:10   Link #199
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It’s up to taste, really. Still, if you want a comparison:
Sure, people may prefer certain styles over others, but whether something looks subpar or not is hardly a matter of taste. I don't get why people would praise something that look undeniably subpar and generic while hating over something that is actually well-drawn.
Or maybe most people can't actually tell, I don't know.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 05:17   Link #200
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Sure, people may prefer certain styles over others, but whether something looks subpar or not is hardly a matter of taste.
Now that is the very definition of taste, my friend. There's no right or wrong when it comes to liking certain artistic style, no matter how it was drawn.

Quote:
I don't get why people would praise something that look undeniably subpar and generic while hating over something that is actually well-drawn.
Now, that bolded word is you claiming your "fine taste" as a fact, which is not.

Tags
re-imagining, science fiction