Notices

Old 2008-07-03, 01:28   Link #2161
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by light_water View Post
Their eye colors are the same
So are Kallen and Millay's eye colors. Does that make them sisters now?

Edit: Oh, and about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Ah, good point - that'd make the red hair a family trait on her mother's side then, I guess.
Kallen's mother is a dark-haired brunette. If both Naoto and Kallen have red hair, that brown hair from their mother's side would've had to been mixed with someone with a light red hair color.

So as I said before, dark brown and gray-black does not make red. Therefore, on a genetic level, Bismark is not Kallen's father.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 02:02   Link #2162
light_water

No actually, Kallen and Millay's eye colors are different. Millay's is a darker, ocean blue, while Kallen's is more of a turqoise/green color. This difference is very clear throughout the series. For one example, just look at ep12; the close up of Kallen's face in the prison cell, and the close up of Millay at the end when Sayoko talks to her.

I'm not saying that the KoO is Kallen's father...I'm just saying its possible based on their eye colors. Also, like many others have pointed out, in anime, hair color is usually a bad representation of genetics. Kallen's role as a main female lead necessitates a unique and flamboyant color to her: hence the bright pink/red. If Kallen had brown-ish/black-ish hair, would she stand out as much as she does now? Her hair color doesn't mean that one of her parents has to have a red hair color though -- if any other character had a similar color as her, it would be "intruding" on her character, IMO.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Kallen's mother is a dark-haired brunette. If both Naoto and Kallen have red hair, that brown hair from their mother's side would've had to been mixed with someone with a light red hair color.

So as I said before, dark brown and gray-black does not make red. Therefore, on a genetic level, Bismark is not Kallen's father.
It is not uncommon for genetic traits to skip generations. All I'm saying is that it is definitely possible for the KoO to be Kallen's father, since they share the exact same shade of eye color, which is again, a notable similarity in anime.
light_water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 02:11   Link #2163
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Based on eye colors? Rolo and Lelouch both have the same color.
Old 2008-07-03, 02:12   Link #2164
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Based on eye colors? Rolo and Lelouch both have the same color.
Not really, Rolo's eyes are a bit brighter.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 02:15   Link #2165
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I guess so but its close enough though.
Old 2008-07-03, 02:17   Link #2166
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Fine, whatever, continue your delusions on Bismark and Kallen. Have no freaking clue why you people feel the need to have every single character interconnected with one another, but whatever. Not gonna fight you on it. Just gonna laugh like hell when its revealed they're not related.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 02:17   Link #2167
light_water

Rollo and Lelouch having same eye colors makes sense....since he is supposed to be Lelouch's brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Fine, whatever, continue your delusions on Bismark and Kallen. Have no freaking clue why you people feel the need to have every single character interconnected with one another, but whatever. Not gonna fight you on it. Just gonna laugh like hell when its revealed they're not related.
Like I said, I never said they were related, I was saying its possible, instead of just completely disregarding the notion.
light_water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 06:22   Link #2168
Isegrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
Bismarck is definitely German and while I'm impressed at the mention of the Bismarck battleship, I think it should be noted that the battleship was named after Otto von Bismarck of Prussia. He was the leader of Prussia and he united the German states into the nation of Germany just prior to World War I. I always thought Bismarck, the Knight of One, got his name from the German war monger.
"Bismarck" is the name of an old German noble bloodline, first mentioned 1270 on a charter in the town archive of Stendal, Saxony-Anhalt. I doubt that Bismarck is a possible first name in Germany, surnames like that are usually not allowed.
"Waldstein/Valdstejn" refers to a bohemian noble family, fist mentioned in the 13th century. The most famous member of this dynasty: Albrecht von Wallenstein, generalissimo of the Catholic League during the 30-years-war.
Old 2008-07-03, 06:27   Link #2169
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Technically, we already have a few people with surnames for first names in Geass (Rivalz, Nunnally, Kallen, Diethard, Bartley, Kewell).
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 06:33   Link #2170
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
kallen's last name sounds a little german
stadfeld
just add "von"
Old 2008-07-03, 06:44   Link #2171
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
Well he's the freaking Knight Of One the most powerful pilot in the CG universe so of course we're going to discuss him, I wonder how Suzaku is suppose to take him down
He is not the most powerfull pilot in the code geass universe. The most powerfull pilot in Britannia certainly but Britannia does not equal the universe.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 06:47   Link #2172
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
He is not the most powerfull pilot in the code geass universe. The most powerfull pilot in Britannia certainly but Britannia does not equal the universe.
Who do you think is better then? Nobody introduced so far I am sure.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 06:49   Link #2173
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

plus we dont know what kind of machine he pilots
the lancelot was the first 7th gen KMF and its only been around for a year
he might not have a super prototype KMF (i know its not likely but still)
maybe he's got an ace costume model instead like the zangetsu
Old 2008-07-03, 06:51   Link #2174
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Guys, if we're not discussing Bismarck as a possibility for Kallen's father, let's shift the discussion elsewhere.
Old 2008-07-03, 06:52   Link #2175
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Who do you think is better then? Nobody introduced so far I am sure.
My point was just because he was the best in Britannia does not necessarily make him the best in the world. For all we know the EU may have some super ace(no not you Patrick) who hasn't been mentioned. We didn't even know about the exsistence of the KOR's until R2, theres plenty of time for someone better to crawl out of the woodwork.
Old 2008-07-03, 06:53   Link #2176
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isegrim View Post
"Bismarck" is the name of an old German noble bloodline, first mentioned 1270 on a charter in the town archive of Stendal, Saxony-Anhalt. I doubt that Bismarck is a possible first name in Germany, surnames like that are usually not allowed.
"Waldstein/Valdstejn" refers to a bohemian noble family, fist mentioned in the 13th century. The most famous member of this dynasty: Albrecht von Wallenstein, generalissimo of the Catholic League during the 30-years-war.
Fascinating stuff and I appreciate the post, but I didn't mean anything by my initial post other than to mention that, yes, Bismarck is a name that has its root in Germany. I never thought to touch upon how odd it is that Bismarck's, the Knight of One, first name is Bismarck.

I was merely saying that Bismarck may be an allusion to Otto von Bismarck who unified Germany and who seemingly accomplished that goal through warfare since it was mentioned that Bismarck was the name of a famous WWII battleship. Like I said in my last post, this is far from an appropriate place to discuss Bismarck, but I thought it was worth mentioning that Otto unified Germany through warfare considering the conversation Bismarck had with Charles in episode 12.

EDIT: And so I don't get yelled at for not talking about Kallen... I don't see why Bismarck can't be her father. But based on that scene when Milly went to Kallen's house, I don't really think that's the case. Wishful thinking, though.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 06:56   Link #2177
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

kallen might be better if given a chance
dont rule her out yet as we havent seen the full capablities of the air type guren
and what little we did see is pretty god damned impressive
she took out two rounds
matched suzaku
and managed to trick li into a trap (then she lost power)
Old 2008-07-03, 06:58   Link #2178
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Kallen is an impressive pilot. It would seem that she's pushing the Guren to its limits every time she's in it. (A bit off the mark, but not by much.)
Old 2008-07-03, 07:01   Link #2179
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
kallen might be better if given a chance
dont rule her out yet as we havent seen the full capablities of the air type guren
and what little we did see is pretty god damned impressive
she took out two rounds
matched suzaku
and managed to trick li into a trap (then she lost power)
She's at the level of a Round based on her performances thus far but i doubt she'll be able to match the top dog. Well not unless her Guren gets superupgrades by llyod until it ends up broken like the Lancelot. Or Kallen gets Hax reflexes like Suzaku.

If the later happened she'd probably tear through everyone since she's at the top tier through skill and hardwork already.
Old 2008-07-03, 07:02   Link #2180
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Kallen is an impressive pilot. It would seem that she's pushing the Guren to its limits every time she's in it. (A bit off the mark, but not by much.)
Kallen is really a skillful pilot. I always thought that Britania ones are great as well but let's not forget that they got the most upgraded weapons to work with.
That is why i'm happy that Guren got its own upgrades now, we're in for awesome battles. <3
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote