AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-04-11, 22:33   Link #21
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliinn
is there a specific way to do air or uppercut moves or is it strictly random?
Well, I've only played the SNES translated version, and that was a long time ago. But from what I remember...

Press up on the controller, and tap attack rapidly to make him jump and stab downwards. Simply tap attack rapidly (without pressing up) and he will do a jumping slash. Note that you should be some distance away from the enemy for this to work. The Tiger Teeth skill is good against airborne enemies early on.

As a BTW, I've posted this link before, but I guess it won't hurt to repeat it for anyone who might be new to this game. This is a remix of the Fighting of The Spirit theme, done by Live House S.S.H. It's pretty good. You might want to check out their website (with a translator if you need to), as they have several remixes of video game themes there.
Old 2004-04-11, 22:42   Link #22
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

Tales of Phantasia II is out for ps2 in Japanese version. but i havn't found it in English yet. I have a music video clip for this. It's really cool. i will post it when i found the game preview cd :P

EDIT!!!! sorry everyone. i just notice It's Tales of Destiny II i got, not Tales of Phantasia sorry again :P

Last edited by Oneesama; 2004-04-15 at 16:14.
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 04:01   Link #23
TDKNL
GIF genin

Send a message via MSN to TDKNL
The best RPG ever. Along with Seikendensetsu3, Secret of Mana and Lufia.

Too bad they don't make them like this anymore. (kuch GBA-remake)
Especially the humor stuff like in the ninja village or on the ship (opening second act).

Can't wait for the release of the ToP OVA's.
TDKNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 21:47   Link #24
ShinDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneesama
Tales of Phantasia II is out for ps2 in Japanese version. but i havn't found it in English yet. I have a music video clip for this. It's really cool. i will post it when i found the game preview cd :P
I didn't know there's ToP2 for PS2.... when did it comes out?
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 17:44   Link #25
TheXev

Send a message via AIM to TheXev
Tales of Phantasia II?

This is completely false. The only Tales of Phantasia related game to be released lately is Tales of Symphonia, which is for Game Cube. ToS is a 'prequel' to Tales of Phantasia. The only reason we are getting this game in the states eventually is because Nintendo of America is doing the localization. Namco is a bunch of lazy bastards, but I won’t go down that path.

As far as PS2, the last Tales of game on PS2 was Tales of Destiny 2 (the real one, not ToE). Last I heard this game had next to no chance of coming state side.
TheXev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 23:02   Link #26
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Tales of symphonia is coming to PS2 though
also there's a new tales series "Tales of Rebirth", but releasing date is TBA.....
http://www.ffzero.prozz.net/vbb/atta...s=&postid=1720
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 17:14   Link #27
Evan
天使我爱你

I really hated namco for not making a US version of TOD2...
And symphonia is coming to ps2...*happy*wonder will it come to the states?
TOR...the chance of playing it might be next year...
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 20:22   Link #28
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneesama

EDIT!!!! sorry everyone. i just notice It's Tales of Destiny II i got, not Tales of Phantasia sorry again :P
That's what I thought. But also, they're coming out with a new Tales as well as with a PS2 version of GC's Tales of Phantasia *me thinks*.
Old 2004-04-25, 17:42   Link #29
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by <EvAnGeLiOn>
I really hated namco for not making a US version of TOD2...
And symphonia is coming to ps2...*happy*wonder will it come to the states?
TOR...the chance of playing it might be next year...
I wonder what would TOD2 be called in US if there's a US version........
TOD3? lol
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 18:10   Link #30
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Yes, ToP for the Snes was a great game, except that the battle system kinda sucked
Battles would be fought often by Cless alone: when attacking, he runs all the way to the enemy, hits it, runs all the way back again. Especially in longer fights, this really strains your nerves
Chester wasn't bad with his bow, but didn't have a long range, and you use him early. Arche was the only useful one as soon as she got decent spells, but was very limited by her mana points. Mint was very cute, but also very useless most of the time, until someone got wounded and she could use a heal spell. hera other spells were absolutely pointless. Klarth was nice as soon as he got decent spirits, but was even much more limited in their use and besides that could only hit enemies with his sorcery book (whee).
Without this crappy battle system, it surely would have been even a good bit better.

Overall, I like Seiken Densetsu 3 better. It has a very nice and efficient battle system, and the story isn't so linear but depends upon who is in your party.
Besides that, Chrono Trigger was also a great game

I wonder if ToS, ToD2 or anything the likes will ever make it over to the PC...
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 05:24   Link #31
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
ToP is very nice game. I liked the battle system. Dunno, never really got to like the turn based RPGs...
Currently I'm playing Soul Blazer and I love it. Terranigma is one of my all-time favorite RPG and Soul Blazer is it's predecessor. I love it how they ditch the intro and start with something like "Here wheapon, here world, there enemy, go save!". And the music ist just ingenious. The 80ies midi-music when you enter a dungeon always makes me laugh.
Old 2004-04-26, 22:38   Link #32
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Ah yes, Sould Blazer is another good one I forgot to mention... not as good as the other ones, but still very nice.
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 17:35   Link #33
mah_damey

best.game.ever. i think it whoops all squaresoft titles on snes, even chrono trigger.
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 09:19   Link #34
Oblodra
High Priest of Cheese

Tales of phantasia is the best i ever played... so similar to ff, but more fun... the battle system is good, even the music is good... http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/s...ownloads.shtml has all the music from ToP...

btw, karth and arche r good... just dont let them blast randomly, instead, take control of their casting... they get pretty powerful spells later on... u will use chester in the last part of the game too, besides the earliest. the bad thing is that u gotta train him up from a single digit level -_-. mint is useful... i always hav her in the party, and use her actively... she has some good effects, and u need healing if ur running around in the dungeons...
also, tap different directions when attacking to do different forms of attack, including stabbing. i think u double tap to jump attack, and u can stab while jump attacking too... beware, u might miss some enemies when stabbing, just cos they r too short... and some weapons hav higher stab dmg, or higher slice (normal attack) dmg.
Oblodra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 22:24   Link #35
mah_damey

my party wuz cless, mint, arche, n chester, but i got all 5 of them to lvl 99 cuz im soooooooo aweseome... or cuz i have too much time on my hands..
Old 2004-05-12, 16:38   Link #36
Ending

Excelent game, but I found the battle-system a bit "rushing" -didn't they fix that in the sequel? Anyway, the graphics surely were good
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 10:12   Link #37
Thursday
Astronomic Bluesman

Send a message via MSN to Thursday
I really enjoyed this game, althoug I never managed to get through... Don't remember, if maybe my save state was erased somehow or if I got bored. I think the scenes were really good made, and the sprites had so many expressions.

What I didn't like about Tales Of Phantasia, is the battle system. In fact, I kind of hate it... It's worthless. Very boring...
Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 10:22   Link #38
mah_damey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday
I really enjoyed this game, althoug I never managed to get through... Don't remember, if maybe my save state was erased somehow or if I got bored. I think the scenes were really good made, and the sprites had so many expressions.

What I didn't like about Tales Of Phantasia, is the battle system. In fact, I kind of hate it... It's worthless. Very boring...
... ur like one of the very few to think that the battle system was boring.. maybe u werent playing it rite...or something.. it takes the cake over any turn based game
Old 2004-05-15, 10:32   Link #39
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka
Tales of symphonia is coming to PS2 though
also there's a new tales series "Tales of Rebirth", but releasing date is TBA.....
http://www.ffzero.prozz.net/vbb/atta...s=&postid=1720

Are you sure? I was pretty certain ToS was a gamecube exclusive with no announcements about a PS2 release. If you could find a link confirming that, I'd appreciate(I would like that game ).

Yes, I remember playing ToP. The most memorable thing about the game was not it's graphics, gameplay or the storyline. Actually, I thought the game had a rather lackluster storyline. The thing that really got me was the vocal theme song that was included in the game. A snes game that included vocal songs in a cartridge. It was quite amazing to hear .

Other than that the game was fun to play, certainly better than average but it was far from the best imo.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 17:22   Link #40
mah_damey

tales of symphonia is comin out on ps2, juss not in usa