AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-03, 20:44   Link #3501
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Haven't played nothing but Atelier lately...

Atelier Totori Plus (Playstation Vita): Just started this game and the graphics look pretty good for a Vita port. Still, I notice that it kind of loads a few seconds slower when it goes into battles compared to the PS3 games. Aside from that, I think I finish some of the beginning gameplay, although I haven't made much progress since I have to translate everything on the fly.

Atelier Meruru: Finally ranked up and got a new set of development tasks to accomplish...

Aside from that, Tales of Graces f is being neglected, so I should get back to that soon... Also, haven't touched Persona 4 Golden yet either because I'm playing too many games at once.
Old 2013-01-04, 11:21   Link #3502
Aqua Knight

Warcraft 3 : TFT

Mass Effect 1 (replaying from the 1st part)
Old 2013-01-04, 20:44   Link #3503
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Just got done playing Kurovadis. Interesting game.
Old 2013-01-04, 20:52   Link #3504
KojiKondoFan
Old School Otaku

I've been playing some good old Super Mario Galaxy lately.
KojiKondoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 02:41   Link #3505
Pink Cow
This is my title.

My PS3 won't read my games for some reason. D: Going to have it checked tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm playing Pokemon White Version 2 on my 3DS.

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 03:10   Link #3506
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Return To Castle Wolfenstein

> damn its still creepy
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 03:31   Link #3507
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Some Prince of Persia: Warrior Within on the side, but mostly Darksiders II. Man, I'd gotten so used to all the hack n slashes I'd almost forgotten what it's like to do an RPG with its multitude of sidequests

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 03:54   Link #3508
Traece
:cool:

So I finished Metro 2033 today. A very fun game and I would play it again! I was pleasantly surprised over the quality of the game in just about every respect. Playing it through the first time on its hardest difficulty proved to be a fair challenge and there was only a couple segments of the game that really frustrated me in a "this is just broken" way. I also give the developers credit for finding a lot of ways to give players freedom in a linear game. I recommend it to anyone who still hasn't picked it up yet. The story is also quite good, and I actually found myself liking some of the characters and finding them and the setting they were in very intriguing. Honestly, I enjoyed it more than STALKER, and I would like to see any future STALKER games if we are so fortunate match the quality combat of Metro 2033.

I also finished Sniper Elite V2 and got to touch a little cooperative and multiplayer in that. It's really just a fun game to play, although I feel that it could have been polished in some respects. It certainly has a fair amount of "this is so broken" stuff in it, mostly AI and the way the over-the-shoulder shooting works. Like I said though, it's more of a game to have fun. Sniping in games is fun and the cinematic shooting provides some laughs and promotes challenging oneself to pull off the best shots they can. I remember playing the demo when the game came out, and I put a bullet in a guy's head and it angled itself off its linear course into another man's chest. You can't beat self-made fun.

I'm slowly polishing off Darksiders. I very much enjoy the game and I see why it has the popularity and acclaim that it has. For whatever reason I've not given it proper attention and need to finish what appears to be the quarter of the game. After that I'll be knocking off Darksiders II which is supposed to be quite an improvement over the first, so I hear. Thus far I'm enjoying vastly Darksiders. The combat is fun and the progression is worthwhile. The story is interesting, but also kind of vague and shrouded in mystery in a way so it makes it worth thinking about.
Old 2013-01-06, 04:26   Link #3509
Jaden

Playing the Bioshocks, nearing the end of the second game now. The story/setting are very evocative and appealing to me, you take in a lot just by going through the game with your eyes and ears open.

The obvious drawback is that as a player, you're almost completely in the backseat driven by the story. There's no RPG-esque conversations, everything gets told through audiologs and the other characters one-sidedly shouting at you over comms. (Though the game actually deconstructs this aspect in a way that makes sense. Not going into spoilers.) In other words it's a classic tunnel shooter, but at least you have options in the way you tackle the enemies that keep the game interesting for the 10 or so hours that it lasts.

It's also sufficiently challenging on hard mode, I've died countless times already.
Old 2013-01-06, 10:56   Link #3510
Dextro
He Without a Title

I had Quantum Conundrum sitting on my steam account for a while but just started playing it today (now that I'm done with Sleeping Dogs). So far the game feels interesting but nothing particularly stood out yet.
Old 2013-01-07, 12:36   Link #3511
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Currently playing: FF - Crisis core. About 360 side missions and 10 story chapters, good enough to keep me busy through 70 hours of standing guard...
Also playing rusty hearts and LoL when I'm home, it's good to be back!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 19:36   Link #3512
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Mass Effect Marathon~!
Old 2013-01-08, 01:37   Link #3513
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

I've been stuck on Day 6 of Catherine...orz

Me and puzzle games just don't mix well. Though in my defense I think that this game is hard to begin with. I've even given the first level of Babel mode a try and...the furthest I've gotten was a 100 levels, literally, I can't get past 100. orz To think that there are three levels above this first one. (T_T)

SO...I spent most of my time on FFIX. Probably spent the last two hours trying to finish up the Chocobo Treasure hunt...right now I'm just fed up with the Chocobo BGM. Found all the Chocograph treasures, all that's left is to find all the treasures in the cracks on mountains and in the bubbles in the ocean...which I can't seem to find one or two of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Haven't played nothing but Atelier lately...

Atelier Totori Plus (Playstation Vita): Just started this game and the graphics look pretty good for a Vita port. Still, I notice that it kind of loads a few seconds slower when it goes into battles compared to the PS3 games. Aside from that, I think I finish some of the beginning gameplay, although I haven't made much progress since I have to translate everything on the fly.

Atelier Meruru: Finally ranked up and got a new set of development tasks to accomplish...

Aside from that, Tales of Graces f is being neglected, so I should get back to that soon... Also, haven't touched Persona 4 Golden yet either because I'm playing too many games at once.
Nice.

The Atelier series are quite addicting, though I haven't played any of the new ones yet myself. I basically played the PS titles and the Iris series on the PS2. I wanted to get the PS3 titles but seeing as now they're being ported to the PSVita so I may as well hold off on that idea.
Old 2013-01-08, 09:41   Link #3514
abc0716

Recently just pick back my PSP (that didn't open for months) to play SD Gundam G Generation Overworld. It looks similar with the last SD Gundam game I played on PS2... (Wars)

Meanwhile, the PSP's power drained more faster than before, probably I should get a new battery for it...
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 14:44   Link #3515
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Mass Effect 1 to 3, like a few others
Old 2013-01-08, 19:09   Link #3516
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

i pre-ordered Anarchy Reigns (ps3) on amazon a few days ago.
they shipped my copy yesterday and it has arrives @ my house today.
once i get home from work, i'll be playing this game ALL day.

that and i havent play much games lately. only been watching anime back to back.
Old 2013-01-08, 20:47   Link #3517
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Got my PS3 fixed.

So I'm back to playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 again. But I'm also still playing my Pokemon White version 2, especially since Pokemon X and Y are coming out this October. I'm also playing Tales of the Abyss when I get bored training my Pokemon. ^^;

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 01:51   Link #3518
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
3DS: After finally finishing up Virtue's Last Reward (refused to use a guide, just like my playthrough of Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, so room "Q" gave me more trouble than I figured~), so until Fire Emblem: Awakening comes out, looks like I'll be busy with Code of Princess~

Vita: So before I start my 4th playthrough of Persona 4 Golden to FINALLY platinum it, I've been switching between BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend and Mortal Kombat. Though I played and beat Mortal Kombat back on my 360, I figured I'd play back through it on my Vita so I can play with those DLC characters I'd never bothered with back then. As for BlazBlue... I gotta get ready for Chrono Phantasma, so there's really no better way~

360: After FINALLY bringing myself to finish up Halo 4 (which... wasn't anything special thinking about it now), figured I'd completely start Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim over again and go with a thief character. So far.... proving better than the generic warrior I was with last time, so hopefully I can get through the game with no problems~

PS3: With Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 coming out both in less than a month, and my limited edition of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance probably gonna be late, figured I'd throw a last ditch effort to platinum One Piece: Pirate Warriors before it's left behind. ONE MORE TROPHY DAMMIT!
Old 2013-01-12, 04:57   Link #3519
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I just completed my first run in Eiyuu Densetsu: Zero no Kiseki for the PSP. Although my jp. knowledge was very much inferior to follow the story smoothly, thanks to wikis and a brief summary I was able to still get the general jist. Anyway, the last chapter had quite a few very exciting moments. The scene after the last battle was very moving and made me actually tear up a bit

As I don't really feel like playing all of it again 2+ times for a more or less "perfect" clear data, I just loaded a complete savegame + system file in order to start the sequel Ao no Kiseki.

Randomly, I also play Guild Wars 2, but with upcoming exams + Zero no Kiseki and friends, GW2 has had no chance to keep me interested since ~ Christmas last year (as I played GW2 more often before christmas holidays at university started)
Old 2013-01-13, 15:32   Link #3520
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

When one is sick for over a month, one gets a lot of gaming in.

Why does everyone look at me so weird.
Spoiler for Battlefield 3:

Spoiler for Fallout 3:

Spoiler for Far Cry 3:

What happens when I completely destroy two games.
Spoiler for Mario Party 9:

Spoiler for Sonic 3:

And you ever feel like trying Battletoads again, this quick video I put together might be able to help.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?