AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-16, 09:49   Link #5341
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Aurrelus uses Norse magic, wouldn't that be older than Christianity and therefore even more outdated than Fiamma.
But Aurrelus nearly became a Magi, which would be so powerful in the realm of magic he could break all rules of reality- he gave it up to save a cat. But either way, he can use defensive spells *offensively*. That is really a sign of how powerful he is, and he went to Academy city to threaten the people in charge not to touch Gemstone Espers.
Old 2010-10-16, 09:51   Link #5342
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what! I forgot about Saiai! this is the biggest mistake of the month for me!

Frenda not a loli? she looks a loli to me plus half and half

floris, lancis and lessar are the same height from the illustrations or those two are taller? but from floris and touma together. Floris is still small loli girl

bayloupr is the only one who can't be consider a loli on the new light plus I don't like her.
Frenda looks like a teenager.....

FINALLY VOL 22 IN MY HANDS......

Hyouka appears to have faded away back to Gakuen Toshi after the first battle against Gabriel. The AIM field receeds back into Gakuen Toshi with her. She tells Accelerator about the angel song before vanishing....

So no, doesn't look like Fianma pwned her....Which page is this supposedly at? Unless he did it while fighting Touma at the start of chapter 9....

Quote:

But Aurrelus nearly became a Magi, which would be so powerful in the realm of magic he could break all rules of reality- he gave it up to save a cat. But either way, he can use defensive spells *offensively*. That is really a sign of how powerful he is, and he went to Academy city to threaten the people in charge not to touch Gemstone Espers.
He still pales in comparison to Fianma...
Old 2010-10-16, 09:55   Link #5343
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post

He still pales in comparison to Fianma...
Fiamma with or without controlling index? Because when he controlled index, he was much more powerful- when he wasn't, then his power dropped.
Old 2010-10-16, 09:56   Link #5344
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Fiamma with or without controlling index? Because when he controlled index, he was much more powerful- when he wasn't, then his power dropped.
Both stages.....
Old 2010-10-16, 10:01   Link #5345
outerelf

Quote:
Both stages.....
I don't know... While Fiamma is powerful, it is still Aurrelous that picks him up while he's in the snow. And- Fiamma was never offered that chance to become Magi. It's a once in 10,000 year chance.

I think because Aurrelous only appears in the SS novel and the very end bit of 22, we can't really judge where his power level is at. But I still think that Aurrelous can be considered more powerful then Fiamma...

P.S. Is Mikoto and Accelerator considered Gemstone espers?
Old 2010-10-16, 10:03   Link #5346
tsunade666

no you're mistaken their. The power of the holy right is still the same as ever with or without index.

The controller of index is use to direct or put a command on the holy right.

Let's put it in an game type like what touma used.

Without the controller of index fiamma can't control the holy right and it would just vanish for a couple of seconds.
It's like a berserk status of your character with enhance power ups but you can't control it. It would just pound and kill the enemy.

Now with the controller he can direct that berserk power and even if the status berserk or the holy right is gone the power ups is still their though in ethereal form.

So in the fight of Touma and Fiamma. After Touma revived the imagine breaker. The newly revive right hand can stand it grounds with Fiamma's holy or rather Touma can brush off the claws. Before that attacks would probably push him to his knees.

EDIT:

I still think Fiamma is strogner than Aurrelous

Mikoto and Accelerator aren't Gemstones. gemstones are naturally gifted esper and they don't need to under go the curriculum and if you ask me. If their own brain isn't messed up by science maybe they can use magic. But still the AIM field for a gemstone is much more dense and stronger than an ordinary esper.

That's why in the ranking of the level 5. Even if Gunha is the 7th among the level 5 his still consider stronger than Mikoto and probably on the level of Kakine.
Old 2010-10-16, 10:03   Link #5347
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I don't know... While Fiamma is powerful, it is still Aurrelous that picks him up while he's in the snow. And- Fiamma was never offered that chance to become Magi. It's a once in 10,000 year chance.

I think because Aurrelous only appears in the SS novel and the very end bit of 22, we can't really judge where his power level is at. But I still think that Aurrelous can be considered more powerful then Fiamma...

P.S. Is Mikoto and Accelerator considered Gemstone espers?
You realize that what Aurrelus found was a Fianma near death after having eaten the business end of Aleister's Blasting Rod?

He never was offered the chance to become a magic god because he already wields divine powers. That's what God's Right Seat is. Why be the master of human magic when you are already on the ranks of Angels? La Persona Superiore a Dio >>>>> Magi
Old 2010-10-16, 10:07   Link #5348
Miraluka
Banned

I think Ollerus can be more powerful not in raw power but mixing experience and power.
Quoting Accelerator from vol.20 when he fought Touma, remember?
Old 2010-10-16, 10:08   Link #5349
outerelf

Quote:
You realize that what Aurrelus found was a Fianma near death after having eaten the business end of Aleister's Blasting Rod? He never was offered the chance to become a magic god because he already wields divine powers. That's what God's Right Seat is. La Persona Superiore a Dio >>>>> Magi
But we haven't seen Aurrelus fight yet. I think that fact alone will make me put off judging how powerful he is for now. (And fighting Touma doesn't count- Touma is like a walking Haxx because nothing works on him) But let's see if in the next volume what Aurrelus will do, along with Fiamma.
Old 2010-10-16, 10:10   Link #5350
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Mikoto and Accelerator aren't Gemstones. gemstones are naturally gifted esper and they don't need to under go the curriculum and if you ask me. If their own brain isn't messed up by science maybe they can use magic. But still the AIM field for a gemstone is much more dense and stronger than an ordinary esper.

That's why in the ranking of the level 5. Even if Gunha is the 7th among the level 5 his still consider stronger than Mikoto and probably on the level of Kakine.
But it was shown that even as children Mikoto and Accelerator had their powers- in fact, scientists asked Mikoto for her DNA because of the fact that she was already well on her way on becoming a level five...

And Acclerator- I'm not certain what to think about his childhood. Even as a child he redirected everything...
Old 2010-10-16, 10:11   Link #5351
tsunade666

I think Aurrelus would just treat Fiamma and would ask questions on what he learned.

Though I really wish to see vol 23 and I don't know why that I'm much more exited waiting for vol 23 than when I'm waiting for the climax of the WW III vol 22.

You.... do you had idea on who is the father of mikoto? well let say that his father is pretty influential. influential enough to talk to aleister. I wouldn't be sure if his father is one of the co-founders of the academy city. Given the background of the family. Her father probably introduce her when she's still a child and no, and no again Mikoto is not a gemstone as well as accelerator.

Accelerator is one of the children left behind and turn into a guinea pig of academy city.
Old 2010-10-16, 10:11   Link #5352
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I think Ollerus can be more powerful not in raw power but mixing experience and power.
Quoting Accelerator from vol.20 when he fought Touma, remember?
True.....but I wouldn't be surprised if experience-wise Fianma is superior....the guy is the leader/cornerstone of God's Right Seat after all.
Old 2010-10-16, 10:19   Link #5353
Plant42

Quote:
But we haven't seen Aurrelus fight yet. I think that fact alone will make me put off judging how powerful he is for now. (And fighting Touma doesn't count- Touma is like a walking Haxx because nothing works on him) But let's see if in the next volume what Aurrelus will do, along with Fiamma.
I'm waiting for the developments between those two.
This is the what they said in the last line of the last page, which is quite interesting.

Quote:
「Who……are you?」
He.

Fiamma of the Right ask like that、with a graze voice.

「Ollerus」

And the reply is short.
With that word 、everything was condensed.

「A miserable magician who once was expected to become a Demon god……and that seat was snatched away by the one eyed Odinus.」

Last edited by Plant42; 2010-10-16 at 10:32.
Old 2010-10-16, 10:20   Link #5354
tsunade666

and if it's just age I...... wait age doesn't matter in toaru verse because their looks doesn't match their age.

For now I still think Fiamma is stronger than Aurellus but still maybe not too far specially now that Fiamma lost control of the holy right and his right hand is cut off.

EDIT:

Now I wonder who this Odinus is.... is Odinus Odin? because I can't find a clue for odinus
Old 2010-10-16, 10:23   Link #5355
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
I'm waiting for the developments between those two.
This is the what they said in the last line of the last page, which is quite interesting.
oooh, that's some interesting lines. So- Aurreleus had a chance to become a 'God' but it was snatched away... >.> I wonder how long Aurreleus has lived if it's been snatched by Odin himself. But I wonder why Fiamma doesn't know of him- you'd think that he'd know about all of the powerful magic users.
Old 2010-10-16, 10:33   Link #5356
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Already posted in season two thread, but posting here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Some sales from J.C.Staff's site.

23676 ** とある科学の超電磁砲
14359 *6 真月譚月姫
12290 *8 藍より青し
11039 *9 ハチミツとクローバー
10620 *8 灼眼のシャナ
10614 *8 とらドラ!
10335 *8 とある魔術の禁書目録
*9098 *8 灼眼のシャナⅡ
*7589 *8 のだめカンタービレ
*7513 *6 藍より青し~縁~
*7072 *6 ガンパレード・マーチ ~新たなる行軍歌~
*6737 *9 R.O.D -THE TV-
*6110 *4 ハチミツとクローバーII
*5879 *6 ゼロの使い魔
*5185 *6 ゼロの使い魔 ~双月の騎士~
*4842 *7 ゼロの使い魔~三美姫の輪舞~
*4803 13 へっぽこ実験アニメーション エクセル・サーガ
*4609 *7 一騎当千
*4010 12 まぶらほ
*3873 *4 のだめカンタービレ 巴里編
*3804 *8 ちっちゃな雪使いシュガー
*3656 *9 まほらば~Heartful days
*3345 *5 スレイヤーズREVOLUTION
*3292 *9 スカイガールズ
*3111 *5 スレイヤーズEVOLUTION-R

Those are sales from the last DVD/BD volume of each series. Assuming average sales were something similar to what is listed (which they probably were) then if we put Index and Railgun together, that would mean Raildex sold over 30000 copies per volume. K-ON level lol. No wonder J.C.Staff invests so much into the series. Also, good to see that Index sales were on par with Toradora and Shana. And lol ZnT, I wonder why J.C.Staff even kept making seasons when sales were that lukewarm anyway.
Index can't be stopped.
Old 2010-10-16, 10:36   Link #5357
tsunade666

Aurellus is pretty well known for the strong. And I think Fiamma might have heard of him but his pretty battered by Aleister that he can't even lift his eye lids or even make a decent thinking on who's in front of you.

Just think of it like this. Your about to die or almost died. Can you even think right in that kind of moment?

And isn't it already understood when Aurellus gives his name. From that passage. Fiamma probably can't discern anything in front of him so he ask his name.
Old 2010-10-16, 10:40   Link #5358
Plant42

Quote:
oooh, that's some interesting lines. So- Aurreleus had a chance to become a 'God' but it was snatched away... >.> I wonder how long Aurreleus has lived if it's been snatched by Odin himself. But I wonder why Fiamma doesn't know of him- you'd think that he'd know about all of the powerful magic users.
Well, Fiamma almost lost his consciousness due to his injuries and the cold breeze. So it looks look like he's barely see Ollerus's face.
But he seems to know his name judging from this line.

Quote:
And the reply is short.
With that word 、everything was condensed.
Old 2010-10-16, 10:55   Link #5359
Miraluka
Banned

I don't think is the real god Odin but a magician who became a maijin after snatching away Ollerus' chance to become one.
Old 2010-10-16, 11:02   Link #5360
outerelf

... See what happens when I don't eat before posting? I make silly mistakes like that.

Very true, Fiamma is pretty battered, so it's probably hard for him to tell who Aurreleus is.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen