AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-09-17, 08:42   Link #1341
Haruhiism
Figma Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
The title says Artbooks but are there actually any ?
If memory serves me right... I believe there are 3 "artbooks" released thus far. The first is an anime guide book for the first season released in 12/09 for 2500yen and the second is a manga artbook with fanart from various artists released in 1/10 for 2500yen as well. Also Kyoto animation also released a full anime artbook entitled "Colorful Memories" which is only sold on their store site for 3000yen.
[http://kyotoanimation.shop-pro.jp/?pid=20190414]

You should be able to find the first two on Amazon Japan by tying in けいおん and searching under the Japanese books category. As for the third one, maybe try ebay or a proxy service. I only have the anime guide book and it's only average but it includes seiyuu interviews, episode summaries/screenshots, and a little promotional art. My problem with it is that it's so expensive at 2500yen compared to my Haruhi and Lucky Star guidebooks for like 1200-1400yen or so and those two books are much better in my opinion but that was an entirely different publisher. (Kadokawa vs Houbunsha) Hope this info helps you out.
Haruhiism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 23:50   Link #1342
ricchan23
HTT manager..

Send a message via MSN to ricchan23
hello,i'm new here..
i just have few stuff about K-ON!!

hehehe....
nice to meet you all..
ricchan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 06:27   Link #1343
white wing
degausser
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Just ordered the Nendo Petit K-On Box 1 which is a full 11+1 set, secret figure is the +1, I really hope it's Sawa-chan.

Anyways, I've got the last two Nendo's on preorder anyway, but I wasn't going to miss out on the massive set which has the two versions, what the hell. It's late December. It's a christmas present for myself. ^_^
for some reason i am not interested in it. Sure it is a shitload of nendo but meh, i'd rather just pre order one pvc for the same price
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
For Figma collectors.
The reason to get the Nodoka figure.

YUI!!!

why is it yui?
white wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 13:25   Link #1344
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
I think I'm going to get one of these. Firstly, because episode 20 was a cathartic experience that left me with an emotional high that's very rarely been paralleled, so I can wear the shirt as a sort of band loyalty. Very strange band loyalty.

The second is because it's nondescript enough that I can wear it freely without anyone questioning me on what it is unless I happen to have "Gohan wa Okazu" or "U&I" playing on my iPod and someone happens to notice the similarities.

But what are the odds that would happen?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 14:20   Link #1345
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I think I'm going to get one of these. Firstly, because episode 20 was a cathartic experience that left me with an emotional high that's very rarely been paralleled, so I can wear the shirt as a sort of band loyalty. Very strange band loyalty.

The second is because it's nondescript enough that I can wear it freely without anyone questioning me on what it is unless I happen to have "Gohan wa Okazu" or "U&I" playing on my iPod and someone happens to notice the similarities.

I agree with that. Anybody who doesn't know where that's from won't be judge mental, and whoever does will be a new friend xD
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 21:13   Link #1346
Kudryavka

Quote:
The title says Artbooks but are there actually any ? Or TV fanbook thingy would be fine too. If there is, please point me to it on Amazon.co.jp as that's where I order my stuff from. The thing is, since you can't search for english, finding something specific may be hard as I just copied K-On in japanese to the search bar, it still wouldn't help me find what I am looking for with all the results.

That calendar would be nice too if Amazon has it, but Im not sure if they ship overseas
I tried looking some Durarara stuff but all said that the Item can't be shipped to outside of Japan for whatever reason :S
Amazon JP will ship anything overseas, as long as it is not listed as a video game. Not sure about DVDs either, but they'll definitely ship a book to you.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 21:19   Link #1347
Chocolate Pocky

Is there a place to get that calander? Other than that one place that has it for like 45 bucks? And The HTT shirt?
Old 2010-09-18, 23:08   Link #1348
white wing
degausser
*Artist

Quote:

if i want those shirts i think i'll just buy a DIY shirt, or you could just make one.
Old 2010-09-18, 23:30   Link #1349
Midonin
Last Engage

Having an official one makes me feel like I'm (directly or in-) giving some of my money to the guys behind the show. Not that they necessarily need more, but something to thank them for all the work.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 23:48   Link #1350
white wing
degausser
*Artist

Quote:
Having an official one makes me feel like I'm (directly or in-) giving some of my money to the guys behind the show. Not that they necessarily need more, but something to thank them for all the work.
yeah i do feel like that but not for k-on, i'm just not that of a fan of the series.
also it's kinda hard to find those official t-shirts (especially i'm on moon so shipping would be expensive )
Old 2010-09-19, 03:38   Link #1351
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Nope Komari. Amazon doesn't ship everything overseas. Try having a look to anything with Durarara in it, unless it's a fanbook / artbook or such. There was cups and keychains and mouse mats and so on... Every single item said : We're sorry, but this item can't be shipped to outside of Japan

If that Calendar can be found from Amazon, can you link it here please ? And while at it, scroll down a bit to details ... It usually says there that it can't be shipped if it can't.
Old 2010-09-19, 04:33   Link #1352
Kudryavka

Quote:
Nope Komari. Amazon doesn't ship everything overseas. Try having a look to anything with Durarara in it, unless it's a fanbook / artbook or such. There was cups and keychains and mouse mats and so on... Every single item said : We're sorry, but this item can't be shipped to outside of Japan

If that Calendar can be found from Amazon, can you link it here please ? And while at it, scroll down a bit to details ... It usually says there that it can't be shipped if it can't.
After I made my post, I found out that there are many things Amazon JP won't ship because companies want complete control of their markets in different countries. But why would they not ship DRRR stuff? I don't even think it's licensed, and even if it is, there isn't much need to lockdown the Western market, unless the licensor plans on bringing all that countless merch over here too.

But still, ordering a book shouldn't be a problem. To make sure, check the item's page.
Old 2010-09-19, 05:48   Link #1353
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by white wing View Post

why is it yui?
Alternate face comes with the Nodoka figma

Makes you wish for an official release

Old 2010-09-19, 06:51   Link #1354
Nineater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Alternate face comes with the Nodoka figma

Makes you wish for an official release

are those summer uniform figma will be released ?
Nineater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 16:20   Link #1355
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineater View Post
No, these are fake. I think the sculptor works for GSC, but I don't know if that'll raise the chances of an official release.
Old 2010-09-20, 02:44   Link #1356
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineater View Post
custom made by the figma sculptor of Figma toys. It has a book release on how to make them. But most of people want is a regular release.

Still awaiting Figma Sawako if ever.
Old 2010-09-20, 07:27   Link #1357
HigurashinoUmineko

Figma Sawako sounds friggen epic. I'd mostly want one if it was from her rocker days.
HigurashinoUmineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 07:41   Link #1358
white wing
degausser
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashinoUmineko View Post
Figma Sawako sounds friggen epic. I'd mostly want one if it was from her rocker days.
more epic if it has that fukken epic thing whatever she's wearing on her rocker days on the last times she was with her boyfriend, her usual teacher's clothes, and her clothes when onstage with death devil.
Old 2010-09-20, 16:40   Link #1359
Chocolate Pocky

I would laugh so hard to see a Sawako figma with her over the top rockerness.
Old 2010-09-21, 00:20   Link #1360
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I said nothing about the book not being shipped overseas, I wanted the calendar. I was worried of the calendar because all durarara merchandise are Japan only, excluding books. And I wanted someone to link me to the calendar on the website, because Im unable to search Amazon properly with the all stuff they have in there since I cant read japanese