Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-08, 13:55   Link #7421
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Noooooooooooooooooo let another author try his series.
Seo should only draw nothing more nothing less, that guy cannot write for shit.
Most of people would start hating rin as she would also become a cardboard cutout. Not to mention that each and every Main Character of seo manga is a retard, it would be hard to do that. Unless rin would be main girl and her bf would be as retarded as yamato/haruto. But then it would be the same shit over again.
What!? If you dislike Seo so much, then why are you reading this? And I think a Rin series would prevent your "cut out" fear since she is so awesome.

And for the gazilionth time, his characters are not "retards" (which is a horrible word to use). They are teenagers. Teenagers do stupid stuff, it's part of being one and part of growing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
Ironically, your words kind of surprise me. Oh how stupid of me.
Except he has very poor English, so we gotta cut him some slack, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Haters just like lovers are readers too. Both opinions are legitimate, no matter what some stuck up guys may think.
Yes, but the haters go overboard more and more. Not everyone is as good as Master Chibi who gives his dissatisfied opinion in a respectful and hilarious (every time) way. I hate when people bash Seo himself because "he can't write." If he couldn't write then he wouldn't have so many series under his belt, not to mention how better he is at writing than said complainer.
Old 2011-06-08, 15:25   Link #7422
Dorsai

My english is poor because im lazy... I never treated study seriously in my life... In almost every subject it was easy to get almost maximum grades with little effort, even in one of the best high school in my country... But with languages it not work, because there intelligence isnt that important- you must really study regularly to be good at it...

Quote:
I hate when people bash Seo himself because "he can't write." If he couldn't write then he wouldn't have so many series under his belt, not to mention how better he is at writing than said complainer.
Furthermore they not giving any arguments to prove their opinions... Bad writing? Then analize it properly like every professional should and prove it...

Last edited by Dorsai; 2011-06-08 at 16:04.
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 18:58   Link #7423
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
M

Furthermore they not giving any arguments to prove their opinions... Bad writing? Then analize it properly like every professional should and prove it...
You cant expect to analyze story the way a professional does. Peoples minds work differently so people are not good at expressing exactly what they dont like about the story, not everyone can be articulate. All the know is they dont like it, so its a matter of personal taste. I dont think Seo is a terrible writer but i most def dont put him at the top of my list because i dont like the style in which his progress stories into their next phase among other little tricks of the trade he uses.
Old 2011-06-08, 19:34   Link #7424
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yes, but the haters go overboard more and more. Not everyone is as good as Master Chibi who gives his dissatisfied opinion in a respectful and hilarious (every time) way. I hate when people bash Seo himself because "he can't write." If he couldn't write then he wouldn't have so many series under his belt, not to mention how better he is at writing than said complainer.
But its very the same as saying as 'he can write the best" type of post from logical standpoint. Both are legitimate cause it is expression the opinion. If nonsense loving posts are allowed same should be done with hating ones. neither is better than the other. If however not we come to censoring stuff based on how many arguments one provide then you would need to delete the loving posts just as much if not more.

Quote:
We are not professionals so make your own forums for professionals because this one is for amateurs just as much as professional people. Its for discussing ones opinion which vary rarely is detached and unbiased.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 21:18   Link #7425
Dorsai

Noone said here that his writing is best... Show me any post with this... Noone even said his writing is top class... But for me personally his works are still enjoyable enough to read it...

Ofc if i said - "he can write the best"- i should prove it with some good arguments... Then its same with "bad writing" opinion... If you cant prove it then better just dont write anything...

Darknemo2000 only idiots create opinions that they cant justificate.
Old 2011-06-08, 21:28   Link #7426
Johnny
Working the bags...

There's plenty of times people have posted in this thread why they think it's bad writing, but you choose to either ignore it, or insult them because it differs from your opinion. Also if you dislike what's being written in a thread then why visit it...?
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 02:18   Link #7427
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Darknemo2000 only idiots create opinions that they cant justificate.
Only emotionless freezers can always justify their opinions. Face it as long as you are human and emotional being at that - a good deal of opinions will be built on your own emotions and feelings; Only later you try to play the game of pretenders and find reason for that but in reality your opinion came first before you were able to gather reasons. Thinking otherwise is just fooling oneself.
Old 2011-06-09, 06:32   Link #7428
User68604
Disabled By Request

All I can hope for is that Seo starts to wrap things up and start directing this series in the right direction.

It took until around 140-150 chapters into Suzuka when I actually started to change my perspective and love the series. So, with KNIM, there is light at the end of the tunnel. The problem is we have not even gotten close to the beginning of the tunnel.
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 07:07   Link #7429
Dorsai

Opinion like "bad writing" isnt sth that you can write absently... Its like when you said- "this singer have no talent"... If you cant prove your opinion because for example you have bad ear for music that means you are simply ignorant...

Its not like just writing- "i like it" or "i dont like it"... And its not like you just feel it and havent time to create your reasons for your opinion... Even when you write "I dont like it" you should have enough time to can prove why you dont like it... You neednt days or hours to find your reasons for your emotions, lol...

Recover then whats right direction?
Old 2011-06-09, 07:13   Link #7430
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Recover then whats right direction?
Minor spoilers with Suzuka, but Im sure most of us have all read it.

Spoiler:
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 07:33   Link #7431
Dorsai

Then it will be end of manga, like in 95% of romances... I saw only few manga focused on progress their relationship after started dating... But they usually started with this from begining... If Seo would extend Kimi to time after settle down between the main couple as an official couple it would be good... But its still future...
Old 2011-06-09, 07:49   Link #7432
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Opinion like "bad writing" isnt sth that you can write absently... Its like when you said- "this singer have no talent"... If you cant prove your opinion because for example you have bad ear for music that means you are simply ignorant...
You are simply human. Like it or not.

Quote:
Its not like just writing- "i like it" or "i dont like it"... And its not like you just feel it and havent time to create your reasons for your opinion... Even when you write "I dont like it" you should have enough time to can prove why you dont like it... You neednt days or hours to find your reasons for your emotions, lol...
Sometime you dont like something. Its like asking why you love your wife or girlfriend or why you hate your enemy? You can say "I love her because of blue eyes, because she is kind" or "I hate him because he sears too much, smokes and drinks, etc, but when you single the reasons out you find that none of the reasons are enough to justify the feeling, the main reason is that feeling of liking or disliking comes before the logical reason, and reasoning only follows it to cover it up but when taken apart you are still left with bare emotion of liking and not liking.
Old 2011-06-09, 08:07   Link #7433
Dorsai

If you dont like series without any logical reason its simple sign thats time to stop reading this manga...

Its still not explain "bad writing" opinion... You cant write it without logical reasons if you arent stupid ignorant...
Old 2011-06-09, 08:15   Link #7434
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Its still not explain "bad writing" opinion... You cant write it without logical reasons if you arent stupid ignorant...
"Bad writing' is pretentious. Its one of those "because of the blue eyes" like reasons that are very easy to use because they are so abstract. But its the game of pretending. It is the reason to give a logical explanation of liking or disliking when in fact when you go in details on what the bad or good plotwriting is you find that none of those smaller reasons are enough to justify your emotion.

But we still like to sound reasonable and logical thats why we play these games of pretending. While in reality if we would try to reason in details our liking and disliking we could never name the reason enough.

It is not being ignorant for the last time. it is simply being human. The only way you really are ignorant is if you think that you can justify logically all your likings and dislikings.
Old 2011-06-09, 09:39   Link #7435
H23

Need spoilers for next chapter now!
Old 2011-06-09, 09:52   Link #7436
Dorsai

Lol its not pretentious or abstract... Do you ever go to school? Have you ever tried to analize any poem or novel? Every student is obliged to do it countless times in their school life... And in college you do it more professionally... Its part of science... if you said its "bad writing" you must prove your opinion because without it you are just ignorant... If you dont know why just go to google, you will find thousand of informations about it...

In tvtropes you have a lot of examples how your writing can go wrong... Of course you neednt to treat it like bible, not every thing there are 100% truth... You can find some of Seo mistakes there too (like Aesop Amnesia)...

Last edited by Dorsai; 2011-06-09 at 10:06.
Old 2011-06-09, 10:10   Link #7437
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Lol its not pretentious or abstract... Do you ever go to school? Have you ever tried to analize any poem or novel? Every student is obliged to do it countless times in their school life... And in college you do it more professionally... Its part of science... if you said its "bad writing" you must prove your opinion because without it you are just ignorant... If you dont know why just go to google, you will find thousand of informations about it...

In tvtropes you have a lot of examples how your writing can go wrong... Of course you neednt to treat it like bible, not every thing there are 100% truth... You can find some of Seo mistakes there too (like Aesop Amnesia)...
I am pholosphy magister - I think I know what means abstract thank you very much. My gripes against analyzing the poem is that it is very superficial because in the end you can analyze it to death and will never find what attracts you to it. It does not make a good writing. There are tones of rules what should make a good writting but even if the writing follows all of them it can still not to be a good writing. Or the creation doesnt follow major rules and still end up being a good writting.

Say lithuanian author Skema denied most of the good writing rules of that time and still is one of my favorite authors even though I disliked other authors of the trend (flow of consciousness trend).

You also have to understand that "Bad plot' is thrown not in the way we analyze it in school. This term has a changed meaning - it becomes abstract because of - you never bother to really analyze. Most of those who say good or bad plot never really analyze it but just state their liking or disliking of the plot but since "I like it" or "I hate it" sounds less rational one starts calling it 'good plot' writing and 'bad plot' writing though in fact it only masks their preferences and feelings of liking and disliking.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2011-06-09 at 10:28.
Old 2011-06-09, 10:17   Link #7438
Xaturas

You people give it a break will you, or either discuss it on pm.
We are not obliged to write why we like or dislike something.
Anyone can tell whatever he fells without the need to write an essay on why he fells that way, thats forum for you.
And asking someone about going to school when he is older than you is like one of those "yo mamma" jokes.

And if you want me to rationalize then here you go.

-Characters aren't rational at all, their actions are sometimes or most of the time out of their character, (someone will say they are teenagers , then I will say go watch ANo Hana and watch how real teens deal with problems)
-Seo is an one pony trick master, what do I mean by that? Most of the time he uses coincidences, basically if one of those "magical" meetings/happenings didn't exists, then whole manga plotline would fall (its tiring to look at manga where everything goes "just as planned" there is no randomness no X factor, just a plot made by author which is sad considering what he needs to do for the plot to advance)
-Most of the characters are brought for one purpose then their dissapear (Shiho or what was her name, that cook girl, she had more character than whole cast together)
-Main character usually is made so that readers could get behind him and look into his actions, for me I cannot get it, be it suzuka or kmin. Why those main characters are ball-less, bad experiment of lobotomy is beyond me. They are always on one-track mind where they go after main girl cause shes main girl, anything else is sidepoint. Its like one of those comedy mangas where you read it for lulz, theres no plot/build up you just read it and look whats gonna happen next, cause you can say same thing like keima "I see the ending".
-More and more points which is kinda pointless to write about as I don't feel the need to.

Basically knim is one of new shounen romance mangas which is just medicore. I was reading it cause there wasn't anything else on the market at that point. However it was sad that main point of manga was art, seo couldn't create even a hint of emotion in me from his manga. It was usually just sliding trough chapter looking at nice pictures, and some plot which was comparable to soap opera. I myself gave up on this manga at Beef Strogonov chapter, I just didn't feel any need to read it anymore ... Now most of the times I either just read this thread cause I read other threads on forum, or sometimes look at some chapter if ppl praise it or bash it.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 10:26   Link #7439
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Im just reading it, cause i've read it this far already I might as well finish.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 12:45   Link #7440
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Im just reading it, cause i've read it this far already I might as well finish.
^Same here. Well, I'm more here for Seo's smexy drawings than anything else, story isn't all that important for me at this point in the manga.

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life