AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-13, 14:50   Link #7461
Shadow5YA

Well, at least Rin called Haruto out on what he's been doing for the entire series.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 20:07   Link #7462
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Well, at least Rin called Haruto out on what he's been doing for the entire series.
^ Hence why I love Rin. It's like she's the microcosm of our rage small voice of common sense in the whole series,
Old 2011-06-13, 20:20   Link #7463
Undertaker

Yes, and I really wish that lead to the end of this series for the good of my sanity.

Seriously, I don't even know why I keep checking in on this series anymore. It's not well executed, the plot twists are awful, character actions were illogical.

Instead of the make-believe goodness of Shonen romance (or Shojo in that case), This has turn into a really bad soap opera. But like all soap opera, you just can't help but being drawn into it while cursing the people who is behind it's existence.
Old 2011-06-13, 20:27   Link #7464
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Yes, and I really wish that lead to the end of this series for the good of my sanity.

Seriously, I don't even know why I keep checking in on this series anymore. It's not well executed, the plot twists are awful, character actions were illogical.

Instead of the make-believe goodness of Shonen romance (or Shojo in that case), This has turn into a really bad soap opera. But like all soap opera, you just can't help but being drawn into it while cursing the people who is behind it's existence.
True, but as I said before, I'm moreso here for Seo's art, storyline is secondary for me. It's the same as soap operas, if the stars were ugly the viewership would be poor.

In terms of writing though, I won't defend Seo but it's quite hard to write a fresh, enjoyable romance series, also due to the huge amount of variables in what an individual looks for in a romance series. I can count on one hand the mangas of that genre I've read and truly enjoyed.
Old 2011-06-13, 20:44   Link #7465
Undertaker

I actually have quite a few on my list. Although lately there are less and less Shonen romance titles while and influx of parody and slap stick comedy appears. (which I also enjoy)

but the height of Shonen Romance were in the 80s and 90s

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
True, but as I said before, I'm moreso here for Seo's art, storyline is secondary for me. It's the same as soap operas, if the stars were ugly the viewership would be poor.

Another way to look at is that other than stars looks hot, there is nothing else there in soap opera, just like this series. (with exception of Akari and Rin of course, the only two character this series is doing a good job on and maybe Kiyomi.)

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-06-13 at 21:21.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 20:47   Link #7466
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I'm here because once every few chapters he'll draw one of the damn females bending over to pick up a penny or some nonsense, leaving Seo with a free pass for a week or two until I realize how god fucking awful the plot is / has become / whatever. Christ if Eba had Kiyomi's body, oh forget, I wouldn't give a fuck what was happening in the story at all. Ever. I'd have to put a bucket under my mouth to collect all the damn drool that would collectively pool up.

Yeah, I'm a typical guy sometimes but panels like:

Spoiler for GODIJUSTWANTTOWRAPMYARMSAROUNDITANDRUBMYFACEALLOVERIT:

Make it hard for me to be otherwise~

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 21:18   Link #7467
Undertaker

Amen to that,

That might be the answer on why I keep getting sucked right back in when I find this series intolerable.
Old 2011-06-14, 03:52   Link #7468
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 139:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 11:08   Link #7469
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

For me if Eba doesn't win in the end I wonder what the he'll was the point of reading this the first place all the development he placed into her and Haruto just thrown away that would really be trolling us.

If that's the case I would reread this and stop when Eba and Haruto have a happy ending everything else was just a waste of time.
Old 2011-06-14, 12:58   Link #7470
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's obvious what was the best part of chapter 139. Very obvious.
Old 2011-06-14, 15:29   Link #7471
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Where's mah homeboy Chibi at? .

Anyway in his stead I'll (poorly) state:

Spoiler for DAT RIN:

Damn you Seo, you drew Rin sexy enough to offset my displeasure at that poll BS at the end of the chapter!

But damn, I wouldn't mind a Rin spinoff if I'm gonna see more of that.
Seo you trollbag, you draw so well, I don't care anymore lol. You devious fiend!

As an afterthought, I wonder what Rin'd do if haruto ever got mad and started to fondle her like she's been inviting, lol.
Old 2011-06-14, 15:31   Link #7472
kakajd

Spoiler for chapter 139:

Im at a loss as to what haruto will do....... but the next few chapters will be huge, if not the beginning of the end.
Old 2011-06-14, 16:11   Link #7473
User68604
Disabled By Request

i think its clear what haruto will do...
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 16:38   Link #7474
Master Chibi

Side tie panties?

Haruto you dickless fuck.

I hope you and Eba get together, and start a fantastic relationship, one that really strengthens the bonds you have with one another. I wait for the day when the two of you finally agree to take it to the next level, and book a room at a fancy inn with hot springs and a beautiful view. I ponder of how you'll be nervous that entire time, unable to concentrate on taking in all the sights of the inn, soaking in the hot springs, for your mind will always dart back to the real meaning behind the trip. I contemplate how when the night is young, and the moon is shining into your room, lighting up Eba's face as the two of you gaze into each other's eyes longingly that you know you're both ready. I imagine that you'll both discard your clothing and get closer to one another atop the bed, delivering soft kisses to each other's lips, embracing her tightly as she runs her hands all over your back. And then, when the moment is right, and you're about to give her your all, and truly become one, the cumulation of three to four years of trauma, drama, turmoil, blackmail, and heartache, I hope your dick falls off on the spot, shrivels up into a fucking raisin, and is suddenly swept away by a grasshopper that happened to be watching in on the two of you the whole time, leaving you with nothing but a 'THIS SPACE FOR RENT' sign where your genitalia used to be.

HERES HOW IT REALLY WENT:

Spoiler for Bzzzzzzzzzzt:

Old 2011-06-14, 16:50   Link #7475
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Excellent chapter. Seo totally eclipse the dramad with Rin though. I mean.. dayammmmmmnnnnnnn.

And I choose choice 4!

Master Chibi.... lm...a...o... hahaha. AOL noises and two ribbons, excellent.!!
Old 2011-06-14, 18:13   Link #7476
H23

Master Chibi for president!
Old 2011-06-14, 18:27   Link #7477
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

After reading that chapter, the hell with Eba and Asuka, I'd bone Rin on the spot, then tell her to fetch Akari for double seconds.
Old 2011-06-14, 18:36   Link #7478
Master Chibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
After reading that chapter, the hell with Eba and Asuka, I'd bone Rin on the spot, then tell her to fetch Akari for double seconds.
Yeah, it's funny how we're given fan service of all the girls EXCEPT the ones that actually matter. It's like Seo's telling us they're not attractive enough to bother with.

Also, good call, though I'd throw in Kiyomi in there too.

Old 2011-06-14, 18:56   Link #7479
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Yeah, it's funny how we're given fan service of all the girls EXCEPT the ones that actually matter. It's like Seo's telling us they're not attractive enough to bother with.

Also, good call, though I'd throw in Kiyomi in there too.

Hahaha good point!

I would too, but after that bath scene it'd be an injustice to not give her a one-on-one. All day. For a week. That kinda hotness needs dedication
Old 2011-06-14, 19:08   Link #7480
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Is this becoming a habit every new chapter now ? -.-
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life