Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-07-27, 18:01   Link #361
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I just hope we can see series start kickin in (in terms of plot and not in terms of fanservice of yuri moments) before it gets canceled.
Agreed :P.
AKnightWhoSaysNi! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 18:43   Link #362
Johnny
Working the bags...

I'm sorta rooting for our Goddess Medaka to come down with a rarity and get sick for a day or two. Then let the real star, Shiranui take over as temp student council president. I would be waiting like a whino wanting booze for that release. As of now I read this past chapter while waiting on my clothes to dry...

Last edited by Johnny; 2009-07-27 at 20:42.
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 21:49   Link #363
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

I'm all for Shiranui becoming the queen! She's much more interesting and funny

but the real reason i posted was because i felt i had to say Johnny's avatar captured my attention more than anything else in this thread
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 22:53   Link #364
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramojones View Post
I'm all for Shiranui becoming the queen! She's much more interesting and funny

but the real reason i posted was because i felt i had to say Johnny's avatar captured my attention more than anything else in this thread
Although I dont agree with you on the first one but I too have been captivated by his avatar. I should start watching that anime.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 16:27   Link #365
Jourdal

Showing up naked? tis a sudent council tradition

Saw these on MH
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 18:28   Link #366
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jourdal View Post
Showing up naked? tis a sudent council tradition
She is first member to feel ashamed when seen naked. Thats a novelty

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 18:53   Link #367
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well seems to me it might not be a reverse harem after all but since I don't have a clue whats being said will have to wait and see.

but onec again Shiranui is the highlight of the chapter
Old 2009-07-31, 19:00   Link #368
Jze0
Hmmm...

Just looked at ch 13 raws.
Spoiler for ch 13:
Old 2009-07-31, 23:23   Link #369
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Spoiler:
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 02:19   Link #370
LelouchGeass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Spoiler:
Lol same here I really can't wait for the scans and see where this is headed.
LelouchGeass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 02:38   Link #371
Wargumm1i
Hentai

So is the girl who Medaka kissed falling for our Zen?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 04:01   Link #372
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
So is the girl who Medaka kissed falling for our Zen?
I doubt that. I have to wait for scans, but my interpretation is:
Spoiler:

Old 2009-08-01, 05:39   Link #373
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for because:

Hmm...it's strange, I always excited about girl kiss each other, but for Medaka to kiss that ki-chan.....I feel nothing
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 10:01   Link #374
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I do not really think it is 'good' as it is. being fith in the worst ratings is not what I would call good, and if it continues (right now it keeps balancing on be and not to be line) cancellation of this manga will happen
Hold up, lets put things into perspective. For the latest issue these are the only ranked titles

1 Naruto
2 One Piece
3 Reborn
4 Toriko
5 Bleach
6 Baku-man
7 Gintama
8 Psyren
9 Belzeebub
10 Medaka Box
11 Nurarihyon no Mago
12 Akaboshi
13 Kuroko no Basket
14 ToLove

Following are unranked due to color pages.

Kochi (Cover & Color Page)
Inumaru (Color Page)
Sket Dance (Color Page)

New series are unranked until the 9th chapter.

Kagijin
Ane Doki
Waji Mania

And Jaguar is always unranked.

Considering Belzeebub is the "one" from this years batch than Medaka isn't exactly doing bad.. Mago which is below Medaka this week was ranked #3 last week... just two weeks ago Gintama and Reborn were in the bottom 5 while Medaka wasn't.

Unless you're in the bottom part of the bottom 5 all the time I doubt you have to worry about being canceled. Mago and Pysren were in the bottom 5 a lot for a long time.. and now they are ranking around the mid and Mago has a drama cd on the way...

Akaboshi and Kuroko no Basket (though Jump has given this a lot of Color Pages in an attempt to respark interest..) are more than likely going to get the chop.. though I doubt any choices are made until the 3 new series are unranked as well. If Medaka is ranked above Kagijin, Ane Doki and Waji Mania once those series are ranked than it's clearly not in danger...

Also we don't know if Medaka has some sort of TLR effect... for one people figured out that's what happened with To Love Ru since it's manga volumes sell over 200,000 copies per volume... which is a "tad" to much for something ranked so low...

Last edited by Westlo; 2009-08-01 at 10:14.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 15:37   Link #375
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
Spoiler for because:

Hmm...it's strange, I always excited about girl kiss each other, but for Medaka to kiss that ki-chan.....I feel nothing
It's not disturbing at all. It would be disturbing if you would assume that Medaka feels something towards Zen (which she does not). It actually makes sense if you think that all Medaka's jealousy was just unwillingness to share one of her pawns (Zen) with others.

Spoiler for la:

I was surprised that Zen got so much attention - I already forgot that he was supposed to be main characters, rather than one of the side-characters that he was lately.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 15:44   Link #376
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ The story is told from his perspective. How your view of him changed from main character to side in the course of 3 chapter is beyond me.
Old 2009-08-01, 16:02   Link #377
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Probably because he has barely any presence at all due to is character being forgettable and rather insignificant (compare him to Kyon from Haruhi and you will see a difference between character who has a presence and the one who does not).
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 16:10   Link #378
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Yes, Medaka obviously overshadows him when she is around, but comparing Zen to Kyon in that way is not fair. A good chunk of scenes in Haruhi take place without Haruhi being around Kyon, whereas Medaka is nearly always shown with Zen.
Old 2009-08-01, 16:43   Link #379
Westlo
Lets be reality

Btw for people who think the current arc is causing the low rankings, wrong. Rankings for WSJ 36 are related to Chapter 5 (Hi Akune!) of Medaka Box.

Quote:
It would be good to bring some real rival for her, because so far the manga feels without any direction (kind of like Contractor M&Y, series by this mangaka which ended on hiatus)

+

If you are trying to imply that Medaka Box are making lots of cash then you should not - it is way too short to have strong audience (and it would be reflected in the ratings) and Akira Akatsuki is still a no-name mangaka, so you are wrong there (if you try to imply it).

He did what? A Little Brave Pukateriosu (one shot) and Contractor M&Y which was placed on hiatus due to low popularity and mangaka's lack of ideas about the actual plot.

I can pretty much guarantee you that Medaka Box do not earn that much of money since ratings regarding new manga's are pretty close to their sell rates as well.
Akatsuki Akira did Contractor M&Y, he's the artist for Medaka Box, Nishio Ishin the author of the Bakemonogatari Light Novels is the guy writing Medaka Box. Nishio Ishin is considered a god of light novels and Bakemonogatari is one of the most popular titles on 2ch from this current season. He also has a 50 minute OVA being released every month during 2010 for his 12 novel long Katanagatari series... I think he has a "tiny" bit more influence with WSJ than just some random new mangaka.. Even if Medaka got canned he still has 2 more novels in the Bakemonogatari series to come out in 2010.. and I'm sure he'll try his hand at another manga title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000
After all Hatsukoi had plenty of fanservice and MUCH better artwork and still was canceled soon enough,
Oh c'mon.. we all know what killed Hatsukoi.. trying to have 6 simultaneous love triangles going at the same time is a "tad" too much for the target audience of WSJ.. and it doesn't help that half of those were zzzzzzzz inducing.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 19:31   Link #380
Arturro

Quote:
It's not disturbing at all. It would be disturbing if you would assume that Medaka feels something towards Zen (which she does not). It actually makes sense if you think that all Medaka's jealousy was just unwillingness to share one of her pawns (Zen) with others.
IMHO it wasn't because of her unwillingness to share her pawns, she was angry, cause she want's all council members to be concentrated on council task, self-suficient and perfect. But you're right, all council members are her pawns, Zenkichi is least efficient (so his lowest rank) but unconditionaly loyal.

Quote:
I was surprised that Zen got so much attention - I already forgot that he was supposed to be main characters, rather than one of the side-characters that he was lately.
Most of readers still thinks of Zenkichi as a main character. He was mistreated lately, so something good had to happen to him, to gain readers attention.. In any other manga it could be a cliche beggining of love between a tsundere girl and a proud boy, but not here (IMHO). Still most readers will have hopes that Zen love life will improve, so author gained some time he could use to introduce another characters and main plot (I still have hopes for plot in that manga).

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council