AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-08-03, 20:19   Link #441
Jourdal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
We have to wonder what her '4th ability' is, all we know is that it's something that Zen can't talk about openly.
Yea..the minute i heard this i got the idea that Medaka has been plowed more times than Zenkichi can count..

Quote:
Well, let's hope she knows what she's doing, or rather NisiOshin knows what he's doing. And hopefully they get a solid VP (why not Shiranui?) and get this manga on track.

I still think he should have collabed with the Death Note artist, Obata Takeshi but I guess he's too busy with Bakuman.
I disagree..i like Obata's art..he's an inspiration for me..but i like the way this guy draws his girls...he understands the concept of a figure...and that women are supposed to have hips.
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 22:50   Link #442
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

So because she kissed a lot of people you are calling her a slut. How.... generically otaku of all of you.
Old 2009-08-03, 23:40   Link #443
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
So because she kissed a lot of people you are calling her a slut. How.... generically otaku of all of you.
No, because shes willing to do ANYTHING to help/use people.

Quote:
She isn't perfect. Her biggest flaw is this "I love everyone" trait and it's exploitable by people who are evil.
I think her biggest flaw is her arrogance and ignorance. Especially how she walks around with that fan, showing off how much better she is then everyone... Don't get me started on how ignorant she is...

-------------------------------
@Westlo, off topic but, what did he do after that dialog? It got me really interested in the response
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 00:52   Link #444
FateAnomaly

I don't see anything particularly bad about Medaka in c13. She is a kid at that time who truly loves all her classmates. She probably only kiss them though, its not as if she french kiss them. (That scene actually reminds me of Guu)

Medaka is truly quite ignorant regarding the darkness of the human heart though. Mainly because she is too pure hearted herself. As for arrogance well, she is indeed superior to most people after all so thats understandable too.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 01:40   Link #445
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
I think her biggest flaw is her arrogance and ignorance. Especially how she walks around with that fan, showing off how much better she is then everyone... Don't get me started on how ignorant she is...
Arrogance: I don't think she is arrogant. She isn't but subconsciously she's giving off this kind of aura which makes her look arrogant, and of course it's that kind of aura you and I would hate to see appearing on a real person.

She just wants to show that as the SCP she can do her job well, but I just think somehow she tries too hard although most of the time she succeeds. But I still think she is trying too hard.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 03:16   Link #446
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...Isn't ToLoveRu at the bottom of those rankings? And yet the bound volumes sell ridiculously well, I hear.

Of course, smut, but...
It has been discussed and explained so many times that I wonder how people do still not know about it.

The trick behind To-Love-Ru is that no one wants to admit they read/like it - it is sort of sinful pleasure in japan - everyone knows there is no real plot - whole plot is to show you more faservice, thus in ratings it always have low, low ratings, on sales though - it is very high.

To love Ru has more fanservice and more attractive girls personalities as it has more girls in general than Medaka so there is no chance to catch up. The only hope is plot or character development/depth but Medaka fails on both so far, so yeah...

In other words, Medaka is different case - it is not more popular than the ratings show, ratings pretty much reflects the popularity of this manga, the mangaka does not have huge fanbase like Kawashita does for example so there is no help from there as well. Even NisiOshin is not that established on manga world as well (Bakemonogatari animation really stirs his popularity up recently but one hit does not mean that other work will be the same, frankly Medaka Box is very, very average so far, sometimes it makes you wonder if it is really written by the same author like Bake, because the quality level is just too different).

We know that Akaboshi is pretty much dead, now Medaka and Kuroko will be fighting for survival. I would still prefer Medaka over Kuroko and for some time it seemed like going this way but since now Kuroko pulled out of bottom five Medaka really has a 'chance' to be cut instead.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 04:04   Link #447
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Imo

Quote:
We have to wonder what her '4th ability' is, all we know is that it's something that Zen can't talk about openly.
1st ability is Moe Face (Cute Girl <> Tough Girl switch)
2nd ability is Red Obi Judo skill
3rd ability is 'Intimidation' aura
4th ability is ........ Manipulating
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 04:06   Link #448
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
It has been discussed and explained so many times that I wonder how people do still not know about it.

The trick behind To-Love-Ru is that no one wants to admit they read/like it - it is sort of sinful pleasure in japan - everyone knows there is no real plot - whole plot is to show you more faservice, thus in ratings it always have low, low ratings, on sales though - it is very high.

To love Ru has more fanservice and more attractive girls personalities as it has more girls in general than Medaka so there is no chance to catch up. The only hope is plot or character development/depth but Medaka fails on both so far, so yeah...

In other words, Medaka is different case - it is not more popular than the ratings show, ratings pretty much reflects the popularity of this manga, the mangaka does not have huge fanbase like Kawashita does for example so there is no help from there as well. Even NisiOshin is not that established on manga world as well (Bakemonogatari animation really stirs his popularity up recently but one hit does not mean that other work will be the same, frankly Medaka Box is very, very average so far, sometimes it makes you wonder if it is really written by the same author like Bake, because the quality level is just too different).

We know that Akaboshi is pretty much dead, now Medaka and Kuroko will be fighting for survival. I would still prefer Medaka over Kuroko and for some time it seemed like going this way but since now Kuroko pulled out of bottom five Medaka really has a 'chance' to be cut instead.
Yeah, I agree all this hype of NishOshin mostly came from SHAFT's unique style of adapting Bakemonogatari. His style is strange and SHAFT adapts it to a tee, they were pretty much made for each other and NishOshin really owes them a personal thanks.

The guy definitely has talents, his novel Zaregoto was supposedly the best light novel in one particular year (2006). I wish that got adapted instead, but I guess there's still hope. In probably all of his works, he has a strong-headed female lead and Medaka is no exception but perhaps this manga tries too hard to deviate from the normal archetype and forgot what shounen wants. This is just my opinion but I think there's a lack of loveable characters in this series, zero character development for the supposedly male protagonist, zero romance development between the main leads, unmoving plot (if there's one) and this unattractive 'loving' nature Medaka is displaying. You might call it a stereotypical otaku reaction but the effect is there, it does turn people off.

Anyway, it's not too late to correct things but they better do it asap or they'll lose even more readerships.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 04:13   Link #449
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
The guy definitely has talents, his novel Zaregoto was supposedly the best light novel in one particular year (2006). I wish that got adapted instead, but I guess there's still hope.
Considering that Bakemonogatari seems to be the smash hit show of the season on 2ch's forums and Katanagatari already has twelve 50 minute OVA's confirmed to be released over 2010 I would say there's some hope I wouldn't be surprised if a sequel to Bakemonogatari as well as Zaregoto is announced to air in the later half of 2010 and/or first half of 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknemo2000
Editors choose Color Pages which are unranked.. which means Medaka probably got more votes... If anything I say it's an attempt to see if they can save Kuroko....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 05:31   Link #450
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Yeah, I agree all this hype of NishOshin mostly came from SHAFT's unique style of adapting Bakemonogatari. His style is strange and SHAFT adapts it to a tee, they were pretty much made for each other and NishOshin really owes them a personal thanks.
No, he actually is that good. He's the "god of light novels", though not, clearly, of manga.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 09:30   Link #451
Jourdal

Spoiler Pics i saw on MH

Spoiler for Chapter 14 Spoilers:
Old 2009-08-07, 09:34   Link #452
surerman
Banned

So the 5th is a Loli eh? and what a fast move she has there, a fighter perhaps?

but to see her SC uniform looks baggy is a bit funny
Old 2009-08-07, 13:32   Link #453
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

It's a loli, I called it. Please tell me she reads books.

And now that we have the band together, maybe we can get to a more interesting and unique plot...

Let's just hope they don't spend eight chapters stuck in summer...
Old 2009-08-07, 13:48   Link #454
Flames

I got turned off from this at chapter 10. It just missing something..
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 13:52   Link #455
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames View Post
I got turned off from this at chapter 10. It just missing something..
we know what you mean, element from oneshot right? it's minus Zenki and Medaka lovey dovey relationship. And yes! that's the reason I'll drop this series if it continue like this for next three chapter
Old 2009-08-07, 16:11   Link #456
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
we know what you mean, element from oneshot right? it's minus Zenki and Medaka lovey dovey relationship. And yes! that's the reason I'll drop this series if it continue like this for next three chapter
It's kind of ironic, considering the sentiments NisiOisiN goes on about in Bakemonogatari.

So, I think this is a twist on typical Five Man Band stories and unrequited love relationships than anything else.

We'll see in a few chapters.

I highly doubt Zen and Medaka will end up together at this rate though.

And yes I'm speculating without information, I'm a hypocrite, I know, shut up.
Old 2009-08-07, 20:51   Link #457
Jourdal

Raw is out...as usual i have no idea whats going on...

very little fanservice this week as well...for those who care of course.
Old 2009-08-07, 21:07   Link #458
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!

Actually I might be much more interested in this manga if Medaka really could fly at 60,000 feet at mach 2. That would be cool.

Now that the slots are all filled, looks like some form of an actual story might be able to squeeze in.

What ever happened to the guy working his way up though? He cant be promoted if all the slots are filled!?
AKnightWhoSaysNi! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 21:15   Link #459
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well we have last SC member join now, so its onto the shenanigans of Box requests...I think thats the whole point of the manga right the box?

lol well whatever, the new member is cute thats good enough for me!
Old 2009-08-07, 22:35   Link #460
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnightWhoSaysNi! View Post
Actually I might be much more interested in this manga if Medaka really could fly at 60,000 feet at mach 2. That would be cool.

Now that the slots are all filled, looks like some form of an actual story might be able to squeeze in.

What ever happened to the guy working his way up though? He cant be promoted if all the slots are filled!?
I thought it would be cooler if they showed Medaka reviving the dead and turning water into wine. or maybe even, showed her win a fist fight against a gundam! that would be pretty epic.

They basically killed any story it had when they added more members into the SC. but who cares about the story/development as long as the girls got big boobs and Medaka continues to amaze us with her godly abilities!
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council