AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Shakugan no Shana character
Yuji Sakai 99 28.86%
Shana 252 73.47%
Alastor 66 19.24%
Kazumi Yoshida 52 15.16%
Wilhelmina Carmel 112 32.65%
Margery Daw 61 17.78%
Fumina Konoe 34 9.91%
Pheles 62 18.08%
Hecate 84 24.49%
Bel Peol 6 1.75%
Sydonay 8 2.33%
Other 56 16.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 343. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-25, 06:31   Link #61
KimmyChan

I've always liked Margery Daw ^___^
Old 2009-04-03, 15:13   Link #62
Domini

Shana of course!
Old 2009-04-22, 18:31   Link #63
Hitsugaya_Toshiro

My favourite is Shana ^^
Old 2009-04-25, 14:40   Link #64
KimmyChan

Shana herself would be my second choice of favourite character
Old 2009-05-11, 19:30   Link #65
Code Geass
Princess of Geass

My favorite character is Shana, hands down. How could it not be?
Old 2009-05-12, 22:22   Link #66
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Indeed, haha.
Old 2009-05-15, 07:04   Link #67
KimmyChan

Oh ok, let me put it another way then; Shana & Margery are my joint fave firsts
Old 2009-07-24, 18:13   Link #68
kamehameha

i hateeee yoshida. please use that thing pheles gave you already
Old 2009-07-24, 23:04   Link #69
digger314

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
i hateeee yoshida. please use that thing pheles gave you already
no that would redeem her character. do you really want that?
Old 2009-07-24, 23:45   Link #70
mitsuganae

^ Hey, it's possible that redemption through death is exactly what the author has in mind for Kazumi. I mean, she was less than ineffectual as a love rival and influenced the Shanaverse very little in general, so her very reason for existing just might be to play a crucial part in the good guys' victory by going out with a bang at the right moment. But just imagine how many people would be royally pissed off if the author has Kazumi summoning Pheles and ends up surviving somehow!

While I'm in this thread, I might as well weigh in on its topic. Aside from the usual suspects (Shana, Yuji, etc.), I must say I actually have something of a weakness for Hecate. I find her "purity" and her aloof yet quietly determined temperament rather appealing. It's also poignant that there's an emptiness within her that cries out to be filled. She just happens to be on the side of evil, of course, but still...

I've read that Hecate comes across very differently in the novels (which I haven't read aside from III), so maybe it's only anime-Hecate that I find appealing.

Last edited by mitsuganae; 2009-07-25 at 00:19.
Old 2009-07-25, 22:38   Link #71
digger314

Just saw Shantan and Yoshida is actually kind of cool in that, all devious and everything But yeah having herobtain that Hougu probably has more purpose than just torturing her over the choice of whether to use it or not.
Old 2009-07-27, 02:35   Link #72
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuganae View Post
^ Hey, it's possible that redemption through death is exactly what the author has in mind for Kazumi. I mean, she was less than ineffectual as a love rival and influenced the Shanaverse very little in general, so her very reason for existing just might be to play a crucial part in the good guys' victory by going out with a bang at the right moment. But just imagine how many people would be royally pissed off if the author has Kazumi summoning Pheles and ends up surviving somehow!
Do you all think that summoning Pheles with Yoshida using Giraida will save Yuji? Not quite. Remember that Pheles will prioritize on saving Johan. If a situation, which Johan can survive without saving Yuji, somehow occurs, why would Pheles want to save Yuji?

Besides that, although Pheles is a powerful Crimson Lord, I think that she cannot easily defeat the 3 Trinities such as Sydonay, Hecate and Bel Peol. Using Giraida is not a sure-win method, though.
Old 2009-07-27, 02:58   Link #73
mitsuganae

^ I've never said Pheles has enough power to get everything done. But she can be one (possibly crucial) element that contributes to saving Yuji (if indeed he will be saved) and defeating the bad guys. Even though her motive may be to save Johan, Yuji may also end up being saved as a result. The defeat of evil will obviously be a team effort (and I'm saying that Pheles may be a part of that effort), even though Shana will (most likely) deliver the coup de grāce.

The author can use/manipulate the Shanaverse and make all sorts of scenarios possible (I just hope things won't get as convoluted as, say, Harry Potter VII). Of course Kazumi's hougu might be just a red herring, but my intuition tells me that Kazumi and Pheles have a (possibly crucial) role to play in the story's climactic plateau.

Last edited by mitsuganae; 2009-07-27 at 03:23.
Old 2009-07-27, 04:55   Link #74
alvinkhorfire

mitsuganae
I see your point and I agree with you. Just then, I would like to highlight that Pheles is certainly selfish enough to deceive Kazumi into thinking Yuji can be saved by using Giraida. There is no guarantee that by summoning Pheles, she will try to save Yuji. I am all for Yuji and Shana to be together in the end, but I do not want to see Yoshida sacrificing herself for nothing.
Old 2009-07-27, 05:54   Link #75
mitsuganae

I certainly don't deny Pheles's selfishness (though pre-Johan Pheles must've been a whole lot worse, judging from what Wilhelmina says). Aside from a scenario where saving Johan also saves Yuji (by setting up some kind of Shanaverse condition that one cannot be saved without the other), another possibility is that Shana (and others) will ensure that Yuji will be saved by somehow keeping Pheles in line while saving Johan.

[Incidentally, I've always found it wonderfully symbolic that Yuji carries a benevolent being and a malevolent being within him. I wonder if the author intends to make something of this, such as some kind of symbolic conflict between the two, or by underlining that both have to be somehow expelled from Yuji for things to work out.]

Also, if Kazumi's death by using the hougu (unless a Disney death or some convoluted plot point/trope/whatever ends up sparing her life) contributes to Yuji's salvation and being with Shana in the end, I wouldn't regard it as a sacrifice for nothing. IMHO it would be much like, say, Goethe's Egmont, Leroux's Erik, or (in a way) Romeo and Juliet -- a posthumous triumph of the spirit. It's certainly a noble enough way to go, methinks.

Last edited by mitsuganae; 2009-07-27 at 06:30.
Old 2009-07-28, 01:29   Link #76
alvinkhorfire

mitsuganae
Yes, I feel the same way. The author always has interesting storyline to keep us excited for more. I think you also noticed that Yuji has the strongest malevolent being, whereas Shana is contracted to the strongest benevolent being, Alastor. It does serve as a strong contrast, similar to the one you just mentioned.

Let's assume that Yoshida does sacrifice herself at the Episode 24 of the second season of the series. When Pheles is being summoned, she will probably say :"Thank you, Hecate for doing the hard work of extracting Reiji Maigo from Yuji". She then takes the Reiji Maigo and releases Johan. And, off they go without saving Yuji. If that happens, that is I mean by Yoshida sacrificing herself for nothing.
Old 2009-08-28, 02:43   Link #77
hachi_go93

I only vote for Hecate n Wilhelmina coz I like calm,
quite n mysterious girl,they're cute in my opinion

I found other characters are annoying n uncool(no offence)
especially Yuuji-who's useless in my opinion-,
Shana-always mad at Yuuji,if she likes him,just be honez-
,Yoshida-at first I found her cute,but later=annoying

please,no offence!

oh,no!!!!forgOt to vote for Pheles!T^T
Old 2009-08-29, 00:35   Link #78
Velsy

I voted for Yuji cause I absolutely <3 him

and toilet paper throwing lady. Because I like her abilities and shes kinda cool.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2009-08-30, 17:09   Link #79
katiemirmo
Chrome.o23
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to katiemirmo
Shana and Yuji!
*squeals* XD
Old 2009-09-03, 03:49   Link #80
JeromeREC

Mine's Yuji.
Closed Thread