AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-02-10, 12:10   Link #7521
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Now I'm really in the mood to see the next chapter for two major reasons: one, to see what kind of power Lucy can dish out with her increased strength; two, to see what kind of magic Flare can use (imagine if she ends up being another celestial wizard...); three to see if Lucy will at least get a tie, because I really can't stand to stick around with those heckling pricks known as the tournament's general audience. I know their expectations of Fairy Tail have plummeted for understandable reasons, and I'm positive they'll rethink just how weak the guild is by the end of the tournament, but still, their "Fairy Tail sucks herpaderp" attitude gets me just as pissed as Gray is at those two driving forces for his pure, unadulterated rage. And if Gray says he'll get payback, then goddammit, Hiro's gonna let him have payback.
Well, I'm predicting it now, the upcoming fight is going to be a fight of tits. Simply because its Lucy vs large breasted heavily cleavage girl. IIRC the only thing Lucy's magical level do is effect how many summons she can do at once. It'll all come down to strategy, like who will work well with who. But again, since Lucy is involved it's gonna be a gag for the first chapter or two before the fight gets serious. If it even does.

If Lucy does lose, it's not a big deal overall, because Natsu and the other powerhouses of fairy tail will make up for it.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 12:23   Link #7522
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

To be honest I only predict Lucy, Natsu and Gray to win their matches...I don't know why but I get this feeling Erza will get beat in one of the matches.

As for B team...I don't see Luxus and Jelly losing, Gajeel has been on a slop lately so he'll possible get quite an epic win at some point.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 12:28   Link #7523
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
To be honest I only predict Lucy, Natsu and Gray to win their matches...I don't know why but I get this feeling Erza will get beat in one of the matches.

As for B team...I don't see Luxus and Jelly losing, Gajeel has been on a slop lately so he'll possible get quite an epic win at some point.
Gajeel is the new Worf.

form Miria's little fantasy, she still got that rivalry going between her and Erza.
Old 2012-02-10, 12:30   Link #7524
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Well, Juvia was sure to follow Gray around, and while Gray himself possesses power, he has nothing to compete against Rufus (overkill tracking and homing magic?) or the guy who thinks he's Zetsu. Only Eve actually did something from the other teams, who were just playing tag trying to see who uses magic.
Anyway, I liked the chapter, I don't think anyone was dumbed down. Losing a point for wrong attacks bars massive AoE offense, and showing their true potential in the game could have meant trouble for the battles that follow. First fight of the day, psychotic blonde-hater Flair vs Lucy! I want it to be another voodoo magic user
My problem is that Gray and Juvia did nothing. Gray has ice shields while Juvia has water prisons and is also able to hide in water. They just stood there and got slapped around, and Gray didn't find a counter to Chin-man in the end at all. I was disappointed because I wanted Hiro to show-case some new abilities or tactics for each character, but only Eve and Chin-man seemed to utilize any tactics, and only Rufus displayed any worthwhile ability. That left the impression that Leon, Yeagar, Beth, Juvia and Gray were just running around slapping each other.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 12:51   Link #7525
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well, I'm predicting it now, the upcoming fight is going to be a fight of tits. Simply because its Lucy vs large breasted heavily cleavage girl. IIRC the only thing Lucy's magical level do is effect how many summons she can do at once. It'll all come down to strategy, like who will work well with who. But again, since Lucy is involved it's gonna be a gag for the first chapter or two before the fight gets serious. If it even does.

If Lucy does lose, it's not a big deal overall, because Natsu and the other powerhouses of fairy tail will make up for it.
Well, we all know that Lucy oftentimes wins her fights with her resourcefulness. But if Lucy loses, then I'll have to put up with another week or so of the audience's shameless heckling. Sure, that'd probably make it all the sweeter when Fairy Tail demonstrates they're not as weak as everyone thinks they are, but still, I'm more of a fan of people gradually gaining the acceptance of others. It just gets me in a bad mood when people are viewed with such contempt for so long.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 12:57   Link #7526
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
My problem is that Gray and Juvia did nothing. Gray has ice shields while Juvia has water prisons and is also able to hide in water. They just stood there and got slapped around, and Gray didn't find a counter to Chin-man in the end at all. I was disappointed because I wanted Hiro to show-case some new abilities or tactics for each character, but only Eve and Chin-man seemed to utilize any tactics, and only Rufus displayed any worthwhile ability. That left the impression that Leon, Yeagar, Beth, Juvia and Gray were just running around slapping each other.
Yeah, Juvia should be untouchable, she's water woman...still, no matter how much Fairy Tail is jeered upon, I feel that the true sacrifices in this arc will be the Mermaid Heel and Quattro Cerberus members. If anything, they didn't do jack in this chapter either, and also got caught by the top contenders. Curiously enough, nobody seemed to notice that except a few guild members.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 13:08   Link #7527
immblueversion

Well, whatever the case may be, I think I can predict what the moral of this story arc will be:

The number one guild isn't truly determined by ranking the strength and skill of its members. And Fairy Tail will no doubt be the one to demonstrate that lesson, whether they know it now or will figure it out along the way.

Old 2012-02-10, 13:26   Link #7528
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Calling united-we-stand! Mashima's always been short on the moral department, and if FT has any major flaws, it's definitely the generic nature of FT's morals; standing strong on friendship, but not even going for protectors of Magnolia, defenders of justice, dark guild hunters or the many other things that they could do with ease.
Old 2012-02-10, 14:14   Link #7529
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Psycho Chick finally has a name!!!(Flare Corona)

And Flare vs. Lucy? Good match(Bust).
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 14:39   Link #7530
Simonsy

Quote:
Well, Juvia was sure to follow Gray around, and while Gray himself possesses power, he has nothing to compete against Rufus (overkill tracking and homing magic?) or the guy who thinks he's Zetsu. Only Eve actually did something from the other teams, who were just playing tag trying to see who uses magic.
Anyway, I liked the chapter, I don't think anyone was dumbed down. Losing a point for wrong attacks bars massive AoE offense, and showing their true potential in the game could have meant trouble for the battles that follow. First fight of the day, psychotic blonde-hater Flair vs Lucy! I want it to be another voodoo magic user
Yea Fairy Tail was kind of screwed from teh beginning. They are all about AOE moves and massive damage. But this match if you did anything of the sort you would lose points. MASSIVE points.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 15:17   Link #7531
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
Yea Fairy Tail was kind of screwed from teh beginning. They are all about AOE moves and massive damage. But this match if you did anything of the sort you would lose points. MASSIVE points.

Actually Gray was probably the best one for this test depsite how he fared.
He has shown us that he is precise and very good at controlling his magic, his magic is probably best for attacking single targets just he didn't apply any kinda plans to this round whatsoever.
Was gloosed over really, got no planing of any kind from Gray and thats usually not the case, he's one of the smarter ones.

Well putting that aside I figured FT would be coming last to begin with, figures we'll see them hanging on in there for abit and pulling back a comeback of sorts.

But all that doesn't matter atm cause all I'm looking forward to is this awesome match, Flare vs Lucy!
I love this RT chick, she's got that sweet spot crazy sense that you can totally get behind!
Old 2012-02-10, 15:21   Link #7532
Krono

The thing is, Gray didn't really get much of a chance to plan with the way the Raven Tail guy was pretty unerringly going after him, and him alone. So it's not surprising that he ended up fairing poorly.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 15:36   Link #7533
immblueversion

Ya know, I get this feeling that "Flare Corona" seems to be a rather..."celestial" name, wouldn't you say...?

Old 2012-02-10, 15:49   Link #7534
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Ya know, I get this feeling that "Flare Corona" seems to be a rather..."celestial" name, wouldn't you say...?
I guess the constellation Corona Borealis could provide a silver key, but I don't see anything in this Flare Corona that evocates a crown.
Plus wouldn't that be a regression, we already had a gold key last time ?

Anyways, if she uses threads, mazes, labyrinths or even minotaurs, we'll know for sure since Corona Borealis kinda represent the crown that was given to Ariadne
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 16:00   Link #7535
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The only corona I can think of is the corona effect on power lines...can't say it's indicative of a lightning magic user though
Old 2012-02-10, 16:17   Link #7536
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Or she could be realted to a certain beer

Maybe she'll have a drunken bitch slap style magic!

Wouldn't that be something else!
Old 2012-02-10, 16:18   Link #7537
DanielMors
Second Stake of Sloth

My guess is that she has some kind of fire or solar magic:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corona#Flares
This can't be a coincidence, can it?
DanielMors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 19:04   Link #7538
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I'm rooting for the Sabertooth guild to destroy FT.
Old 2012-02-10, 19:10   Link #7539
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Yeah, Juvia should be untouchable, she's water woman....
In this case, it doesn't matter. You just need to touch someone to score a point.

Anyway, I'm joining the chorus about being interested in the next match next week. Will Corona be another key user? Will Lucy win through skill, or luck? I'm sensing a luck theme with Lucy throughout the entire story, and am wondering how it will play out here. I'd rather she not win fights through luck, though, but actually step up and showcase some skill.

Thing is, if she summons Capricorn, she should win, since if Flare is human, she shouldn't be able to beat him. So I'm wondering how that will be negated. The only thing I can think of, is if Flare has spirits, too. But then Leo is supposed to be the ultimate battle spirit.

The only other option is for Lucy to lose, which I can kinda see happening. But that would be unlucky (or would it?).
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 19:43   Link #7540
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
I'm rooting for the Sabertooth guild to destroy FT.
If by FT you mean Raven Tail, then yes, so am I. But I'd rather see Fairy Tail take out Raven Tail, considering how they're apparently targeting FT alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
In this case, it doesn't matter. You just need to touch someone to score a point.

Anyway, I'm joining the chorus about being interested in the next match next week. Will Corona be another key user? Will Lucy win through skill, or luck? I'm sensing a luck theme with Lucy throughout the entire story, and am wondering how it will play out here. I'd rather she not win fights through luck, though, but actually step up and showcase some skill.

Thing is, if she summons Capricorn, she should win, since if Flare is human, she shouldn't be able to beat him. So I'm wondering how that will be negated. The only thing I can think of, is if Flare has spirits, too. But then Leo is supposed to be the ultimate battle spirit.

The only other option is for Lucy to lose, which I can kinda see happening. But that would be unlucky (or would it?).
It wouldn't be surprising if Flare or someone else in the tournament turned out to be a celestial wizard (or if more than one of them did), because Lucy still has two more golden keys to prove she's worthy of having. And as I have said once before, I want to see Lucy walk away with at least a tie. It's allowed, after all, and both teams would be awarded 5 points, which would keep the first day from being a complete and utter failure. Otherwise we'll have to wait for the start of the second day onward to see Fairy Tail turn things around.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen