AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Episode Rating
* 2 2.08%
** 4 4.17%
*** 26 27.08%
**** 52 54.17%
***** 12 12.50%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-19, 04:34   Link #81
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

No way Arika has a crush on Sergey, that would be like the dumbest plotline ever. OK, not the dumbest but dumb enough.

And I really, really doubt Shizuru is going to be the first to die. Since when do the strongest characters die first?

Quote:
However I doubt it will form a love triangle with Arika as a 'willing' participant. Most of Nina's hostility comes from Arika being Rena's daughter.
I think Nina is in for a big surprise when (if) it turns out that Arika is not Rena's daughter. I'd like to see her expression then.
Old 2005-12-19, 04:47   Link #82
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Or if Rena is still alive somewhere...

Nah... They won't use that soap-opera plot device, would they?

Anyway, thus far most of the anger Nina has is directed at Rena. Unfortunately Rena's dead, and her supposed daughter Arika is too nice a person to hate (except for Tomoe, who is a psycho).

Hence Nina couldn't find a way to express her frustration... Sergay's heart is occupied by a dead person, and Arika's presence alone would make it impossible for him to ever forget Rena no matter how long time passes.

On another point... Since we know for a fact the "grandma" is dead, at least to Arika, who do you think she would be? A nobody? A former Otome who survived the last war like Maria? If a former Otome picked Arika up alone with her pendant, she would likely know who that pendant once belonged to.

And from the way Otomes get produced, we might get a whole lot of failed, quit, or married Otomes out there in the world. Not too far fetched for Arika to meet one...
Old 2005-12-19, 05:31   Link #83
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
VCV, You do know that you're talking about a Mai series, don't you? In all honesty, a soap-opera plot device is more plausible than anything else. Doesn't have to be "Rena is still alive somewhere" scenario, but you're giving the Mai Otome writers too much credit.

But yeah, I'll agree with the failed Otome thing. But I still think that Arika's grandma is one weird Otome, if she is one. Her teachings don't seem to fully reflect the grandious noble image of Otomes.
Old 2005-12-19, 05:34   Link #84
piccolo
Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1701
Sergey knew Arika's birthday without her telling. She didn't even realize it had come until she reads the note. Did Rena actually have a daughter on that day? Or, does he believe she is the real princess.Both? I also find it interesting that someone told Arika that Sept. 7 was her birthday.(her grandma?)After all, she never personally knew her parents.
Which brings us back to the crazy theory - the one that was criticized to death - that Sergay really is Arika's father. Although the age difference between Rena and Sergay suggests otherwise, Sergay does seem to know more about Arika than anyone else.

As an intern at court, it wouldn't be too difficult to remember the birthday of those born while at court. (Negate the above theorem. Ara-ara...) It may explain why he can remember Arika's birthday so well. And the fact that he CAN'T remember Mashiro's birthday - being on the same day - may add fuel to the fire that Mashiro really isn't the queen. But that's faulty thinking too since the Queen's birthday would've been recorded. So why wouldn't he remember the Queen's birthday, having been at court at that time. Has SUNRISE created a contradiction? Or am I reading too much into it all?
Old 2005-12-19, 05:54   Link #85
piccolo
Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbi Sannin
How would Nagi finding the princess make him have control of the world? And also...did ANYONE else notice that scene where Arika clutched her chest at the end when Nina was hugging Sergei? Was that heartbeat supposed to be of a jealous kind...a sick kind...or a love kind?
I think rather that the reaction is as a result of what happened to Mashiro. Since there is a bond, there's a connection.
Old 2005-12-19, 06:39   Link #86
Mich666

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo
Which brings us back to the crazy theory - the one that was criticized to death - that Sergay really is Arika's father. Although the age difference between Rena and Sergay suggests otherwise, Sergay does seem to know more about Arika than anyone else.
but hey, he had to be about 10 years old

Anyway that Arika heartbeat seems to be something more and I don't think it is related to Mashiro or Nina... Rather it seems that the harmonium and/or the star are calling her...
Old 2005-12-19, 07:47   Link #87
Befgrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich666
but hey, he had to be about 10 years old

Anyway that Arika heartbeat seems to be something more and I don't think it is related to Mashiro or Nina... Rather it seems that the harmonium and/or the star are calling her...
Agree, it's possibly something like that. The heartbeat thing doesn't seem to involve any emotions whatsoever, besides Arika's confusion. If it was love for Sergay, she should at least blush or feel some pain (heartache) or something. Same thing if Mashiro is in danger. Wouldn't she feel "Shit! Mashiro is in danger!" rather than "???" if that were the case? An instrument or a celestial body trying to speak to you, now that would at least trigger a "???"-reaction from me.

And about Arika's birthday... I don't think it's strange Sergay know it. He seems to think she's Rena's child, and since we know how Sergay felt towards Rena, it's not that unbelievable he knows when she had a child. Especially if her having a child is connected to her losing her otome powers. What surprises me more is that ARIKA knows her own birthday. Who is that obaachan person really!?
Old 2005-12-19, 08:36   Link #88
kari-no-sugata

Darn hackers. (sys-admin, please harden the box a bit this time). I decided to create a new user-name, though maybe I'll go back to using the old one if the users are recreated properly.

Anyway, my thoughts on ep 11 (and why are people discussing future eps, including titles, in *this* thread - there's other threads for that). Some of this has already been discussed, but here is what I was thinking before the forums came back:

1) Akira and Takumi both have *that* particular logo, which we also see on the fire Otome (ie Mai) in the OP. So obviously Takumi is from Akira's country too - it looks to be the country's symbol (particular since it's cliche old Japan style). I wonder why Takumi was in Wind Bloom before Akira arrived though? Anyway, it looks very likely that Mai will be from the same country. I'd imagine she's still Takumi's older sister too.

2) Akira is either being raised male, and is the real prince, or is a stand-in for the real prince. Given that Akira was a ninja before, maybe he's being a "kagemusha" (body double) for the real prince. I wouldn't be surprised to see Akira join Guarderobe later. Anyway, so if Akira isn't the real "prince", who is? Well, Takumi quite possibly. That's how these things probably go...

3) If Takumi is the real prince (good chance), and Mai's still his sister (good chance), then Mai would be a real princess. That also means she could be refered to / addressed as "Mai-hime" (princess Mai)

4) I hope Mai isn't the king's Otome though - ie Otome to her own father. That'd be creepy. It'd be better if Mai's a "Pillar" but on loan to the country for stability reasons (until the country gets another Otome).

PS Anyone notice that the dress Arika is wearing in the ep-12 preview is the same as the one Sergay sent her? (the pattern is the same anyway). Seeing her go bright red was interesting...

Also, in Sergay's diary, you see "Queen's birtday", Nina's birthday, and an ant
Old 2005-12-19, 10:55   Link #89
PastPrime

Quote:

On another point... Since we know for a fact the "grandma" is dead, at least to Arika, who do you think she would be? A nobody? A former Otome who survived the last war like Maria? If a former Otome picked Arika up alone with her pendant, she would likely know who that pendant once belonged to.
It wouldn't surprise me if Rena did turn out to still be alive somewhere, in captivity. A bargining chip for when her daughter finally appears.

I think that Arika's grandmother was a former Otome. She might even be the one who killed Miss Maria's senpai.
Old 2005-12-19, 11:14   Link #90
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Befgrek
And about Arika's birthday... I don't think it's strange Sergay know it. He seems to think she's Rena's child, and since we know how Sergay felt towards Rena, it's not that unbelievable he knows when she had a child. Especially if her having a child is connected to her losing her otome powers. What surprises me more is that ARIKA knows her own birthday. Who is that obaachan person really!?
I think that the raid was a planned for contingency and Arika's escape planned, including someone to pick her up from the stream. It may be that Arika, Mashiro, and Nina were really born on the same day and were all three in the castle when the raid happened. Sergey may have adopted Nina because he recognised her mother in her, just as he recognised Arika. Just because they only showed Arika's escape doesn't mean that it was the only one. And there had to be a big reason for the Black Valley and the Black Letter to join forces. Something like the three babies who would someday play the Harmonium being at the castle. And that would make it necessary to get all three to safety, not just the princess, since all three are required for the Harmonium.
Old 2005-12-19, 11:27   Link #91
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata
3) If Takumi is the real prince
For some reason, I read that as "3) If Takumi is the real princess"

Made me chuckle
Old 2005-12-19, 11:45   Link #92
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
The shit will hit the proverbial fan soon enough...
Old 2005-12-19, 11:52   Link #93
Rakshasa

Quote:
Mai? *hides under a rock*
Old 2005-12-19, 12:13   Link #94
Obsidian penguin

About Arika, Nina and Mashiro's birthday :
September, and the precious stone associated with the month of September is Saphir (what a surprise).

But if you look at the other characters, using their Mai-HiME data, things don't match : Shizuru is born in December and amethyst is February's stone.
Things would match for Mai if her stone is a ruby.

Another comment : we can see that Mashiro and Mikoto have a common thing : they tend to forgot an essential principe : gravity (Ep 1 for Mashiro and 11 for Mikoto). Is Newton unknown on this planet ?

And more seriously, about the ending : we can see something in the cast. The only characters having their names written in Kanji are Takumi Tkiha and Akira Okuzaki, all the other are written in katakana.
Old 2005-12-19, 12:14   Link #95
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:

*Looks back at T3H AWESOME SENTAI MAHOU SHOUJO vs SAURON RESET that was Mai-Hime's ending*

Nah, they wouldn't
Old 2005-12-19, 12:29   Link #96
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
It wouldn't surprise me if Rena did turn out to still be alive somewhere, in captivity. A bargining chip for when her daughter finally appears.

I think that Arika's grandmother was a former Otome. She might even be the one who killed Miss Maria's senpai.
It wouldn't suprise me either.
Remeber the old rule for writing. "If you don't see the body then they ain't dead."
Old 2005-12-19, 13:28   Link #97
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Catgirls, one question. You wrote:

> However...I would like any speculation beyond the current episode to be
> enclosed in [spoiler] tags, and if you want to ramble on about ending theories,
> future episodes, etc., please post your thoughts in this thread: [My Otome]
> [SPOILERS] Future Episode Synopses/Series Predictions

Could you please elaborate on this a bit, and maybe rethink that?

One of the beauties about Mai Otome is that NOBODY has spoiler knowledge to distribute, with the sole exception of "next episode summaries" in Newtype. I could perfectly understand in demanding spoiler-tags for those, but when it comes about what you expect to happen next, simply extrapolating from what we just saw, is this really something to hide? I'd have said that this is what most of the discussion is all about? ^_^;
Good point. I'll take that out of the thread rules. I'm flexible. I'm not here to inhibit conversation in any way. I'm a fan just like you.

I only ask that people with knowledge of future events use common sense and not spoil the show for others. If you have an idea and you think it might contain spoilers, use your best judgment.

On a side note: if anyone has any further questions or comments about the Thread Rules or Mod related activities, please don't post them in this thread. Feel free to send me a PM so that we don't derail the thread. My office door is always open. Thanks.

Cheers.
Old 2005-12-19, 13:52   Link #98
piccolo
Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
It may be that Arika, Mashiro, and Nina were really born on the same day and were all three in the castle when the raid happened. Sergey may have adopted Nina because he recognised her mother in her, just as he recognised Arika. Just because they only showed Arika's escape doesn't mean that it was the only one. And there had to be a big reason for the Black Valley and the Black Letter to join forces. Something like the three babies who would someday play the Harmonium being at the castle. And that would make it necessary to get all three to safety, not just the princess, since all three are required for the Harmonium.
I completely agree with the Harmonium threesome. Perhaps Sergay heard her sing her lullaby?

However, this episode shows a little of what Nina remembers. And if she was born on castle-grounds, how then did she end up living on the streets - forgotten? I am not denying a threesome connection - for there is one - but wonder as to how Nina ended up on the streets and in the Hospital where Sergay found her nine years later. Just what happened in those nine years?

I don't expect an answer as I realize that there might not be one just yet - unless someone knows something about future episodes and wishes to place that in 'spoiler' tags. Either way, this is just food for thought. Something to think about.
Old 2005-12-19, 14:17   Link #99
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Just realize something.

Althought just about everyone think Arika is Rena's daughter, yet no one made any mention that Arika could be the missing princess. So that would mean that Rena's daughter is NOT the princess. So the princess and Rena's daughter are 2 seperate person.

So if Arika is Rena's daughter then she can't be the princess. That just leaves Mashiro and Nina.

Also who is Arika's father?

- Rado before he was turn into a borg?
- Sergy the little pimp

I don't which would distrube me more:

Rado to Arika, "I am your father and you are grounded."

or

Sergy who got Rena preggy at age 10 or 13 or what age he was back then
Old 2005-12-19, 14:22   Link #100
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Err..isn't it rather obvious that the real princess cannot be the daughter of Rena because Rena was not a Queen? So obviously anyone who thinks that Arika is Rena's daughter assumes that she cannot be the princess since the two things are contradictory.
As for her father, I think Arika is artificially created, who knows she might be Rena's clone or something like that. Although Rado being her father would be an interesting twist.
Closed Thread