AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-26, 22:19   Link #101
DrunkenRyder
Segundo Arrancar

It said Urahara and Yurichi where the former strongest Duo in Soul Society.

As For Isshin..

Isshin basically did what a common third seat could do (defeat what I thought was grand fisher). Although when his (isshin) reitsu was sensed people were worried, but when they felt ichigo's they werent. Soooooo....
Old 2005-12-26, 22:44   Link #102
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
Well..since we're discussing Isshin being on par with captains and all..I thought here would be a good place to post this :| I've been itching to put it up somewhere.

Anyone ever notice that before? Most of you prolly did..but it took me a couple times of reading the chapter (3 to be exact) to actually catch it..It didn't exactly stick out at me right away. If you look close enough..that's defenitely part of a captain's robe. Or..haori? I believe it is called.
Old 2005-12-26, 23:18   Link #103
DrunkenRyder
Segundo Arrancar

Wow, good observation. I wonder what division.
Old 2005-12-26, 23:20   Link #104
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Nah..not a good observation on my part at all actually haha. I was looking over a LJ community post for Bleach..and this popped up. I had never noticed it..it's actually pretty sad on my part I really have to start paying more attention, huh? :|
Old 2005-12-26, 23:26   Link #105
DrunkenRyder
Segundo Arrancar

I just thought it was a rebel shinigami fashion statement, like what renji does after he completes bankai training.
Old 2005-12-26, 23:33   Link #106
CorpMazral3
Corp-Kun

Send a message via Yahoo to CorpMazral3
zomg..never noticed that before O.o definitely a piece of a captain's cloth. This is startin to get very interesting...it'd be really cool if Kenpachi had been the one to have kicked Isshin out of the captain's position. Were we ever given any details about that anyway?
Old 2005-12-26, 23:37   Link #107
DrunkenRyder
Segundo Arrancar

I was thinking about that, I mean it was all ripped up when Kenpachi I had it. But didn't kenpachi "kill" the former 10th division captain? And then again if kenpachi knocked Isshin out of his postion, then we clearly know how strong isshin is.
Old 2005-12-26, 23:38   Link #108
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpMazral3
zomg..never noticed that before O.o definitely a piece of a captain's cloth. This is startin to get very interesting...it'd be really cool if Kenpachi had been the one to have kicked Isshin out of the captain's position. Were we ever given any details about that anyway?
Kenpachi killed the previous Captain of the 11th squad...so technically speaking Isshin should not have been the previous 11th squad Captain. Also, just because he's as strong as a Captain doesn't mean he had to be one (even with that piece of cloth that looks like part of a Captain's robes).
Old 2005-12-26, 23:44   Link #109
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

I would be really dissapointed if Isshin had been beaten by Kenpachi. But then again, Kenpachi did say he had killed the previous captain...so it most likely isn't Isshin. It could be some kind of plot hole (it seems as if a plot hole is an excuse for everything that hasn't been explained these days)..or maybe a fib kenpachi made up to make himself seem stronger (i doubt it tho..)I'm hoping Isshin is more powerful than most of the captains..or atleast as strong as them. I really hope his reason for going to earth is good one
Old 2005-12-27, 00:09   Link #110
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souzouryoku
or maybe a fib kenpachi made up to make himself seem stronger (i doubt it tho..)
I doubt it. According to Tousen, it has to take place in front of 200 of that squad's members. I doubt Kenpachi can simply lie about winning when there are so many witnesses, not to mention Kenpachi doesn't seem like the kind of guy to lie about winning or losing a fight. After all, he doesn't care about winning or losing, all he cares about is how much he enjoys the fight. So uhh...he really doesn't seem like that kinda guy to me.
Old 2005-12-27, 01:07   Link #111
aoi_zip

maybe there was a 14th squade before, and ishinn was the captain o.0 but then he left and they only hav 13 squads left
Old 2005-12-27, 01:25   Link #112
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueap
True, Kenpachi doesn't look like someone who would lie about these thing.
I 'm not sure if he said it himself that he killed the previous 11th squad captain, I thought it was Tousen who mentioned that when he fought Kenpachi at one point.
It was Tousen...but I mean, if he killed the previous Captain, he'd have to have some kind of proof I suppose...besides the 200 spectators. I'd assume he'd also have to present himself in front of the other Captains (or Commander Yamamoto at the very least) and let him know that he defeated...err, killed, the previous Captain. It's at this point where the whole thing about Kenpachi lying, which I mentioned in my previous post, would come into play...in my opinion anyways. His character just doesn't match with that of one who would accept a victory when it wasn't a true victory (claiming he killed the previous Captain and taking his spot when he didn't truly kill the guy). Of course this is all just my opinion, and obviously other people are entitled to their own opinion. I'm just pointing things out that others might not think of/realize...that's all.

The badge thing is quite an interesting development. Of course it lacks a squad number...curse you Kubo and your mysterious story-telling ways!
Old 2005-12-27, 13:17   Link #113
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Well, Aizen killed Hinamori and Hitsugaya, Byakuya killed Ichigo and Renji... so beeing killed does't seem to be much of a problem in this world.
They didn't really outright kill them. They mortally/fatally wounded their opponents. Technically speaking, Hinamori, Hitsugaya, Ichigo and Renji were not really "dead" at that point. Death was an inevitability if there hadn't been any intervention by anyone, but they were never truly dead, just on the verge of death.
Old 2005-12-27, 16:53   Link #114
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark`
Kenpachi killed the previous Captain of the 11th squad...so technically speaking Isshin should not have been the previous 11th squad Captain. Also, just because he's as strong as a Captain doesn't mean he had to be one (even with that piece of cloth that looks like part of a Captain's robes).
Well you never know. Urahara could of helped isshin faked his death and thats when he escaped.
Old 2005-12-27, 18:39   Link #115
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

That's what I was thinking. Kenpachi could have thought Isshin was dead..or could have left him to die, much like he did with Ichigo. Except, instead of making a comeback like Ichigo did, Isshin escaped..or something like that

Anyway...I'm sure everything will be revealed in due time. *sigh* until then, we shall wait patiently..and agonize over it :|
Old 2005-12-27, 18:54   Link #116
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

You know has anyone considered that Isshin could've been former Captain of the 10th Division?

As far as I know...Hitsugaya has been a Captain for a EXTREMELY short ammount of time........literally within normal human lifespan years, so who would've been Captain before him?

Likewise he could've also been former Captains of the 9th or 7th Divisions since as far as I know even if Isshin left at the same time as Urahara, 12th Division was succeeded by Mayuri around the time that Komamura and Tousen became Captains....and Aizen does imply that he pulled some strings to make sure Komamura became a Captain, chances are it could've been around the time Urahara left.
Old 2005-12-27, 19:06   Link #117
carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
You know has anyone considered that Isshin could've been former Captain of the 10th Division?

As far as I know...Hitsugaya has been a Captain for a EXTREMELY short ammount of time........literally within normal human lifespan years, so who would've been Captain before him?

Likewise he could've also been former Captains of the 9th or 7th Divisions since as far as I know even if Isshin left at the same time as Urahara, 12th Division was succeeded by Mayuri around the time that Komamura and Tousen became Captains....and Aizen does imply that he pulled some strings to make sure Komamura became a Captain, chances are it could've been around the time Urahara left.
maybe... wait, im assuming ishinn got married after he left SS, cuz that would make it right for ichigo to be flesh... so yeah, it can be anyone for now...
Old 2005-12-28, 03:37   Link #118
Blaster

Isshin could be the previous third captain. We know that Gin used to be a Vice under Aizen.
Old 2005-12-28, 09:46   Link #119
apu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster
Isshin could be the previous third captain. We know that Gin used to be a Vice under Aizen.

I thought Gin was alwaies a vc under Aizen, he was just playing the part of a capton? I am probably wrong thow so please correct me if I am wrong
Old 2005-12-28, 10:36   Link #120
FlyMoto

apu:
a long time ago Gin was in the 5th division under Aizen as his Vice Captain. Later on, he got offered captain of the 3rd Division, and took it. But, given Aizen's plan to gain more power, Gin still remained loyal to Aizen, even though they didn't come from the same division.
Closed Thread