AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2006-06-25, 05:13   Link #101
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
I'm not sure whether I asked this before or not...anyway.

I should have some free time and I was wondering as to which should I watch first, Summer Special or AIR TV? (I already watched the movie btw - wrong move, I know...)

Thanks
Watch the summer specials half way through episode 8 Or, after episode 8 if you'd rather not stop mid-episode. That's chronologically where they fit in and it might make 9 a bit more powerful to have seen it that way.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 05:35   Link #102
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine
Spoiler:
Cool thanks for answering the questions. I'm now into it that i'll read the whole topic ^_^
outcast_within is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 13:42   Link #103
AznOverThere
<3DenseSyrupyPeachFlavour

i watched the seris twice started to get the pionts i didnt befor but the ending..well is to sad >< but i dont really get what the kid ment by "for them cruel days ahead, but for us a new beggining".... o_0 but in my opinin i think this was one of my fav anime =)

Spoiler:

Last edited by AznOverThere; 2006-07-17 at 22:28.
AznOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 00:09   Link #104
flair627
asdf

What exactly is the aozora scene and how does the anime series version differ from the game version?? Is it the scene with the song thats not the OP or ED?
flair627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 01:17   Link #105
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by flair627
What exactly is the aozora scene and how does the anime series version differ from the game version?? Is it the scene with the song thats not the OP or ED?
Episode 12, 11:23 - 18:17 or so...the song playing from 12:48 through 14:26 is Giniro (a shortened, instrumental version of Aozora), while Aozora itself comes in from 14:47 to about 18:17. One could say that the scene itself is a bit shorter than that, considering that the most emotional part of the scene ends around 16:15, and the rest is just follow-up, but that should give you the general idea.

I can't really say for sure how it differs from the game, as I haven't gotten that far yet, but from what I've read, the game does a better job of explaining the events (which are somewhat compressed in the anime) leading up to this scene, and it's easier to understand and even more emotionally effective when it occurs. To which, all I can say is "wow..."
Minoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 16:26   Link #106
martino
makes no files now

I just finished the TV series and Summer Special.

"Sugoi" is all I have to say. Episode 11 and start of episode 12 really made me cry. It's just so much better than the movie, but the movie is allright if you don't want to spend 6 hours watching the whole series.

Oh, and my question:
How did Yukito break the curse?
Old 2006-07-21, 17:03   Link #107
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's a variety of opinion on whether he *broke* the curse or just made substantial headway in weakening it. I get the impression that previous cycles had made little or no headway and THIS cycle was important because progress was made.

caveat: I've not really built up the nerve to watch the movie because the series messed me up for so long... a lot of my kin (including two younger brothers) have died over the years and the climax of the series just really busted some nice walls I'd constructed for myself. I still tighten up when I hear Aozora ... though its a beautiful tune.
Old 2006-07-24, 08:59   Link #108
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

I don't he broke the seal because like what Ureha said in episode 9
Spoiler:
Rengemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 10:43   Link #109
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

OK.. that makes sense
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-24, 11:15   Link #110
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

I agree but....
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-24, 12:21   Link #111
Amaranthine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru
I don't he broke the seal because like what Ureha said in episode 9
Spoiler:
Hrrm, I don't agree... don't feel like I'm trying to sway you to my point of view though. I think everyone should stick with the interpretation that makes the most sense to them initially... I just like to present my view of it as well. ^^;

Disclaimer: I find this series easier to understand intuitively rather than rationally and intellectually. Hence this might not be the greatest expanation ever.
Spoiler:

I have more to say on the lifting of the curse and a couple of other things now that I've started this (yes, I love this series), but it's too damn hot to get my thoughts straight. ~_~
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 13:32   Link #112
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And here's one reason I liked AIR... I like Amaranthine's theory too ... so I have 3 or 4 completely irreconcilable interpretations that I like

I just love stuff that doesn't have *one* right answer
Old 2006-07-24, 13:32   Link #113
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

tell me about it, but i'm relaying on what the writer told us as in what Ureha said to Ryuuya in episode 9
Spoiler:

But i don't know x.x it's so confusing, guess i'll need to dig into this topic again.

PS: Just saw the episode and Ureha exactly said (according to Koi's translation)
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-25, 19:43   Link #114
HamiHami

Question on air subbing group

hi~ i have a question..

does anyone know which group subbed Air, where they have the translator notes at the beginning and the in-folder preview of the file is just a black rectangle?

i changed the name of mine a long time ago so i dont remember... my air 3 and 4 are different and show a splash screen type thingy on the preview and they wont play good

i know for sure its not lunar.

thanks for any help!
HamiHami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 20:03   Link #115
Minoto

That's Koi's version.
Old 2006-07-25, 20:58   Link #116
HamiHami

thank you very much
HamiHami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 09:19   Link #117
chintimz2

Hi I just recently finished watching AIR and I gotta admit it is a really good and thought provoking anime series, however after watching it there is this inconsistency that bugs me. I dunno if its a plot hole or something I just didn't pick up while watching it, so it'll be good if someone can offer an explaination to it.

Its related to Yukito's journey to break the curse placed on Kanna and the whether in the end he was able to break the curse or not.

Alot of people in the forum has said that he probably didn't, but here is something to think about....assuming he failed, how is he able to pass on his knowledge to future generations? I mean in the final episode of the set of episodes that detailed what happened 1000 years ago....it was said by Ryūya and Uraha that they will pass on this story to future generations until someone comes up with a solution to the problem. However, I assume here, that Yukito does not and hasn't produced any offsprings, wouldn't that mean with him turning into a crow, he is the last person in his family line that has knowledge of the curse.

So if he failed wouldn't that mean this whole 1000 years have been for nothing, well I guess thats the really pessimistic/ninhilistic way of looking at it.

So interputing what I said in another way, wouldn't that suggest that Yukoto has suceeded and has managed to break Kanna free from the curse

lol....I am kinda confused about that part....but apart from that everything else has been clear from reading previous posts.
chintimz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 10:09   Link #118
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Out of my pack of competing theories, more of them lean towards the idea the team succeeded on this round (particularly because of the comments of the boy and girl at the end). I'm not sure whether there actually had to be a physical "bloodline" but obviously the original pair thought that was important. It *looks* like Yukito's bloodline is done (or he no longer needs that connection to stay in touch). And Kanna's caretaker (gah forgot her name) ... her soul would appear in various formats... in this round she was Kanna's mother.

Perhaps all that is left now is to heal her spirit so she *can* be contained in a human frame??? Blurgh, I need to watch this thing again... preferably with a big bottle of sake to get through the sad parts again.
Old 2006-07-29, 12:30   Link #119
martino
makes no files now

Your theory seems to be quite interesting. I "would" like to believe that the curse was lifted(it will make me much happier), but there are just too many questions which cannot be answered. However the comment that they boy made me incline to the fact that it was a success, but still...
Old 2006-07-29, 14:22   Link #120
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Perhaps all that is left now is to heal her spirit so she *can* be contained in a human frame??? Blurgh, I need to watch this thing again... preferably with a big bottle of sake to get through the sad parts again.
I've always taken that remark as meaning that the soul of a winged being is too powerful / too vast to be contained in a normal human body...whether it's healed or not, a normal human body wouldn't be able to contain or withstand that kind of power. That would imply that the only way to save Kanna is to free her from the cycle of rebirth completely, since being reborn as a human would always be doomed to failure, and it's kinda hard for her to be reborn as a winged being now if she was the last one in the world 1000 years ago. However, it runs into problems with the general opinion that the boy and girl at the end do represent Ryuuya and Kanna...

Don't you just love something that can keep you arguing with yourself for months?