AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-09, 15:59   Link #11081
Blaat

As you know I'm rubbish with the AMX 50 100, my winrate is a low 30%, or something like that, after 30+ games. I only unlocked the tracks upgrade yesterday; now going for the final gun. So naturally today I had the following match in it.
Images
AMX 50 100
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Replay
Old 2013-12-10, 04:30   Link #11082
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
As you know I'm rubbish with the AMX 50 100, my winrate is a low 30%, or something like that, after 30+ games. I only unlocked the tracks upgrade yesterday; now going for the final gun. So naturally today I had the following match in it.
Images
AMX 50 100
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Replay
I dont use French tanks because of aiming time but I will never underestimate them

Today I upgraded the engine of my T25/2. All I need now is to get the gun.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 11:46   Link #11083
LeoXiao
思想工作

Weird, the AMX 50 100 is my go-to "Play this to do lots of damage without trying" tank. It's making me seriously consider getting the AMX 13 90.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 12:43   Link #11084
Gravitas Free Zone

Any opinions on French TDs worth hanging on to between the AMX AC 46 and the Foch 155? I don't see myself really trying to reach the tier 10, but at the same time the AC 46 doesn't really feel distinctive enough that I think I'll hang on to it when the AC 48 is unlocked.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 13:05   Link #11085
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Any opinions on French TDs worth hanging on to between the AMX AC 46 and the Foch 155? I don't see myself really trying to reach the tier 10, but at the same time the AC 46 doesn't really feel distinctive enough that I think I'll hang on to it when the AC 48 is unlocked.
The AC 48 has horrible aim time and reticle bloom like the AC 46, but the penetration is pretty fine, just use APCR occasionally on tough targets, but otherwise AP works. Armor is a mixed bag. Most tier 8-9 heavies and mediums will usually bounce the front hull, but you should expect to always be penned by TDs. Try to keep a distance of 150m or more from your enemies and wobble your TD when not firing to make them miss your weak spots. Keep in mind the AC 48 has a huge soft machine gun turret on its back which can be easily hit and penned if the TD is even slightly tilted downwards. I sold the AC 48 after getting the Foch; the gun handling is too bad, the armor too unreliable, and the alpha isn't nearly high enough to make up for its shortcomings.

I'm still getting used to the Foch, but its frontal armor is just ridiculously good, and it lacks the rear-mounted machine gun weak spot of the AC 48. And most importantly, the aim time is significantly better (reminds me more of German tanks than French!). The Foch may possibly be a keeper.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 14:26   Link #11086
Gravitas Free Zone

On a side note, one small benefit of the 128mm on the PzSflV: There's no APCR ammo option at all, which, on top of the 15-shot ammo capacity, means that most matches won't cost very much to fight, assuming that you do some damage before the high likelihood of your being killed.

Still, with no intermediate option between the stock entry-level Dicker Max gun and the high-risk/high-reward 128mm finger of poking, it's a very tricky TD to operate. I suppose that the 71000K XP to the RBWT could be done with the Dicker Max gun and a 100% APCR load, which would offer only slightly less penetration than the 128mm, about 175% ROF, but only two-thirds the average alpha damage, while costing almost five times more per shot. Still, it wouldn't be preferable, and the gigantic AP round from the 128mm will be more reliable at long range than the 105mm APCR... somewhat important for a vehicle that probably should not ever be closer than 300 meters from anything.
Old 2013-12-11, 05:30   Link #11087
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

I got 5 kills with Marder 38T, earning a Mastery badge

I`m currently grinding the Hetzer, all I need is the radio upgrade. I havent played the Cruiser Mk. III because of clan platoon.

In summary, I got killed by arty 5 times today
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 15:00   Link #11088
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

After about 7000 battles with anime crew voice mods, I decided to give the default national voices a chance (late to the party, I know, it was implemented a few patches ago). So far it has been very droll. Though I really wish there were a distinct British voice. I don't think the five guys in my Comet want to "get the show on the road". >_<
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 17:09   Link #11089
Blaat

Chinese guy sounds so pissed if you ding a shot (no idea what they're actually saying or if it's correct Chinese). I also like the 'we've hit the target' equivalent in French and German.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Weird, the AMX 50 100 is my go-to "Play this to do lots of damage without trying" tank. It's making me seriously consider getting the AMX 13 90.
I have a AMX 13 90 and a T71 (soon I'll hopefully be able to add the T69 to that list) so my autoloader experience consist of small and fragile tanks rather than HUGE and fragile tanks. Still can't believe I got ace tanker on 50 100 though, so soon and without the best gun.
Old 2013-12-11, 17:54   Link #11090
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

On the other hand... if you change the game's UI language, the default voice will change accordingly. Even those that are not available for the nations. I tried Spanish once. He sounded very excited... about everything.
Old 2013-12-11, 18:34   Link #11091
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

The new spanish voices are horrible, pre 8.0 voices where FAR better (given the fact spanish is my first language). To resolve this issue I use the Simpsons voice mod from the spanish community instead. It is hilarious to hear D'oh! every time you bounce a shot
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 19:28   Link #11092
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Chinese guy sounds so pissed if you ding a shot (no idea what they're actually saying or if it's correct Chinese). I also like the 'we've hit the target' equivalent in French and German.
On the forums some Taiwanese guy said the lines and accent were weird, but I find them okay.
My favorite voices are the French, makes it hard to imagine that these were the guys who lost because they all camped in a stupid line.
Quote:
I have a AMX 13 90 and a T71 (soon I'll hopefully be able to add the T69 to that list) so my autoloader experience consist of small and fragile tanks rather than HUGE and fragile tanks. Still can't believe I got ace tanker on 50 100 though, so soon and without the best gun.
What makes the AMX so OP IMO is that its gun has no drawbacks from being able to destroy any tier 8 in one salvo. It can snipe decently (post-8.6 has made this even moreso), its does good damage comparable to the Tiger II PER SHOT, I haven't noticed severe aimtime issues, and worst of all it pens better than any other non-premium tier 8 heavy (I think). Size of the tank isn't much of an issue since you can just run away and plus you get more hitpoints than the AMX 13 90.

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2013-12-11 at 19:39.
Old 2013-12-11, 19:30   Link #11093
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
On the forums some Taiwanese guy said the lines and accent were weird, but I find them okay.
OF COURSE a Taiwanese guy would complain about the mainland accent. WG made "China tree" the communist tech tree after all

Also, I am very interested in the French autoloader heavies. Except I have way too many tanks on grind right now and I probably won't have time to grind the ARL. It seems like a very long grind xp-wise.
Old 2013-12-11, 19:48   Link #11094
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
OF COURSE a Taiwanese guy would complain about the mainland accent. WG made "China tree" the communist tech tree after all
Careful, don't forget the Type 64, which is Taiwanese, and consider that a few more ROC tanks may enter the Chinese tree as premiums. In fact the dude I mentioned earlier suggested an entire ROC tree, with localized variants of American tanks.

Quote:
Also, I am very interested in the French autoloader heavies. Except I have way too many tanks on grind right now and I probably won't have time to grind the ARL. It seems like a very long grind xp-wise.
Grinding the French tanks is no fun. I'm glad I left that particular task to my brother.
Old 2013-12-11, 20:03   Link #11095
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

They are not gonna do it. Even if they include them they are gonna bear the communist Chinese flag/decal. Even government of countries don't want to open that can of worms, and given that the larger player base is in the Red one, you think WG will dare to offend? Putting the ROC flag in any game in China will warrant instant ban, not for the same reason as the Nazi flag. More for the fact that the communist government prefers that that part of the history is left unmentioned and people don't find out about it.
Old 2013-12-11, 20:12   Link #11096
Gravitas Free Zone

So the Type 64 got into the NA shop because it's (a) a shop-only item and (b) NA, not SEA?

French grind: I'm curious enough about the AMX 50 100 to be presently subjecting myself to the ARL 44. Ye gods that aim time.
Old 2013-12-11, 20:40   Link #11097
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
They are not gonna do it. Even if they include them they are gonna bear the communist Chinese flag/decal.
Oh but they already have. The Type 64 has the ROC symbol on it and according to the guy who suggested it to WG, they said several more tanks can be added. Apparently the Chinese response was "we're not butthurt about history right now".
Old 2013-12-11, 21:13   Link #11098
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Oh but they already have. The Type 64 has the ROC symbol on it and according to the guy who suggested it to WG, they said several more tanks can be added. Apparently the Chinese response was "we're not butthurt about history right now".
Interesting. What about the background image for the garage icon? Is there the white sun?
Old 2013-12-11, 21:34   Link #11099
LeoXiao
思想工作

It gets the PRC flag, as seen here.
Old 2013-12-11, 21:48   Link #11100
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Wow. So much fail lol.

Then I guess the Leopard still has the Nazi color scheme. So it's probably alright.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks