AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-16, 15:15   Link #441
JohnNiles

Come to think of it, I would like to know how the scene in the classroom on Valentine's Day plays out if nobody has been your girlfriend (the one where the girls are reluctant to hand out their chocolates first). It surely must be different.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 15:20   Link #442
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
Come to think of it, I would like to know how the scene in the classroom on Valentine's Day plays out if nobody has been your girlfriend (the one where the girls are reluctant to hand out their chocolates first). It surely must be different.
...ship with Yosuke, Kanji or Teddie like in Christmas? Still Marie's Valentine event is obligatory if you got her social link to max. Don't know if her dialogue changes if you didn't take the lovers route.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 15:22   Link #443
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Well there's two different types of chocolate with very different meanings behind them that girls and women give out on Valentines Day in Japan. There's honmei which is solely meant for their romantic partner or object of romantic affection (their crush), and giri (also called obligation chocolate) which is for any male friends or family.

So I assume if you choose not to romance any of the girls in the game, they just give Yu the "giri" type of chocolate.
Old 2012-12-16, 16:41   Link #444
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
As far as I know there are not gameplay implications for making everybody your girlfriends. There are only comical changes that seem taken from the anime series: if all the girls want to give the protagonist their chocolate in St. Valentine Yosuke will go something like "How the hell are you a chick magnet?!"
You also have to choose one and turn the others down. Have fun listening to Rise cry if you turn her down (and that's just the beginning). =)
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 18:05   Link #445
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So far I don't like Chie's new voice in Golden. I don't get it, in Arena and the anime she gave a good performance. Was the dub of Golden recorded before?
Old 2012-12-18, 09:16   Link #446
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
I agree with you. She's the only one I'm having problem with eventhough this is the first time I've played P4 with dubs

Anyway, got my PSV and p4g here. Everything is just so beautiful Seeing Marie at the beginning of the game really gives me the feeling that this will be a brand new experience for me rather than replaying an old ps2 games.

Oh and have I mentioned that the very easy difficulty is so much fun? I mean killing a bunch of shadows with one hit was pretty fun lol. Not to mention that the experience and gold seems to have no penalty.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 14:01   Link #447
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
^
I agree with you. She's the only one I'm having problem with even though this is the first time I've played P4 with dubs

Anyway, got my PSV and p4g here. Everything is just so beautiful Seeing Marie at the beginning of the game really gives me the feeling that this will be a brand new experience for me rather than replaying an old ps2 games.

Oh and have I mentioned that the very easy difficulty is so much fun? I mean killing a bunch of shadows with one hit was pretty fun lol. Not to mention that the experience and gold seems to have no penalty.
Yeah, I have to say I liked how early they inserted Marie into it. Even if it was just a brief meeting it gave that fresh feeling to the game. Then it just carried on pretty well throughout with all the new scenes.

As to Chie's voice...I'm still mixed on it. I think by now I've gotten used to it. I mean wasn't a huge fan of her original dub voice so this is just a matter of adjusting. Otherwise still love the dub. Think Kanji especially was so well done that the jokes just work extremely well .

I can only imagine how easy that is . Played through hard on the first time and have to say that NG+ feels like very easy. So damn powerful.
Old 2012-12-18, 14:57   Link #448
Kazu
Flowing

honestly chie sounds so much better in s link events than in main story cut scenes.
she sounds much more relaxed in them, while that's the opposite of chie , she sounds so much better like that
Old 2012-12-18, 16:12   Link #449
Mcfart

I thought she sounded fine in Persona 4 Arena, but in Golden she's too loud. It's terrible when she yells, like at the beginning with her DVD. Was awful.

But old Chie was terrible as well...but terrible in a lovable way :P?
Mcfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 18:41   Link #450
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Found the same scene in Youtube. Check it out and compare Chie's voice actresses:

Persona 4 Scene
Persona 4 Golden Scene
Old 2012-12-19, 03:00   Link #451
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfart View Post
I thought she sounded fine in Persona 4 Arena, but in Golden she's too loud. It's terrible when she yells, like at the beginning with her DVD. Was awful.

But old Chie was terrible as well...but terrible in a lovable way :P?
I find it hilarious that the DVD scene is the worst moment for both VA. Neither one did it remotely well. I was actually looking forward to seeing how the new VA would handle it. But as a wise Teddie would say "wow, that was awful!"

I'm really not sure who was worse, but my memory is almost sure original Chie did it worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Found the same scene in Youtube. Check it out and compare Chie's voice actresses:

Persona 4 Scene
Persona 4 Golden Scene
I have to say the first thing that comes to mind is "wow Golden really does look better" . I think with Chie I don't mind the change that much. Neither one sounds perfect for the role, but I think it was a slight improvement.

Will say I'm glad they could keep the majority of the cast. Too bad they couldn't keep original Teddie, that guy was a star .
Old 2012-12-19, 04:57   Link #452
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I can only imagine how easy that is . Played through hard on the first time and have to say that NG+ feels like very easy. So damn powerful.
It's ridiculous but actually pretty fun. The compendium costs like 2k-5k and my money was like 100k+ at that time. The enemy also hits me with single digit damage too...

But even after all of that, it doesn't seem like my pace in playing this game has gotten better I've just finished Yukiko rescue arc a couple of minutes ago.. it's much slower than when I first played the game in PS2 oh well, as long I keep enjoying this then that's fine.

My impression towards Chie's VA keeps getting worse each time she speaks. It's like.. something a bit off with the way the VA acts her character. She wanted to sound like a rough girl but failed to bring up the cute side that the character has. Definitely an odd one compared to the other casts. Heck, even Teddie is actually better than what I expected.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 07:06   Link #453
Accelolita_

Oh my gawd. I just compared those two videos and new Chie sucks dozent of times compared to good ol' Chie that I loved
Someone on youtube said it, and I totally agree. I'd so buy a 15€/$ Pack for old Chie if they'd re-record with her. Though I guess I wouldn't been able to buy it as I imported P4G from NA and I have an EU account/psvita so I'm not too sure if that'd be even possible.

Maybe when I play the game myself (get it to christmas so I have to wait a few more days) I'll get used to her. But what I heard so far I don't like Chie's new voice
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 08:01   Link #454
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
....Oh my god. I just compared the voice actors and even though I'm one of the people who thought old Chies voice was terrible It pains me to admit that she did a better job than new Chie with that scene....Her tone is much better than old Chie but she just ruined that scene....

Old Chie read the lines exactly the way she was supposed to which at the time sounded ugh, but new Chie just over acted the hell out of that scene.....She really didn't have to oversell the crying bit....

But alas one moment isn't enough to change my opinion on Old Chies voice.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 20:46   Link #455
Zoel

After going through Persona 4 about 4 times. I beat it twice in the Japanese version, and once for the Vita. And once for the English Vita version. (I never finished the original PS2 English version though.)

Reason I end up playing the game so many times, cause I need to collect Data for the Faq, I submitted on gamefaqs.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/641695-...den/faqs/64387

I guess I can safely say I have heard all the voices of what Persona 4 has to offer. All I am gotta say with the voices, is Teddie's replacement is excellent, the voice is almost identical and you can barely tell the differences. But Chie's voice is always been a mixed note, but the new English is downright irrating.

The original Chie voice wasn't great, but it wasn't annoying. I think it sound more natural as the game progress. But the new Chie voice, the acting is terrible and its also annoying at the same time.

As for my personal opinon, nothing even comes close to Yui Horie's Chie voice.
Zoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 21:00   Link #456
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well voices are always going to be subjective to a degree. Still, will say when it comes to Teddie I'd say the new voice isn't as good, but it's going from "absolutely great" to "just good." As someone who beat the PS2 version a few times you can definitely tell the difference.

On the positive I think it can be universally agreed that Chie's voice in the Japanese version rules over all .
Old 2012-12-19, 21:46   Link #457
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
On the positive I think it can be universally agreed that Chie's voice in the Japanese version rules over all .
Yeah, don't think you're going to top that no matter who you get.

I was feeling pretty good about Chie's new voice after playing P4A, where I thought she was a reasonable (though unnecessary) improvement on the original English VA. After the first dungeon in P4G, this level of quality has mostly returned. But man, what is up with her in those first two hours or so? Did the guy who directed that recording session think that she would need to yell and over-enunciate everything so that we'd be able to hear her over those tiny Vita speakers?
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 22:14   Link #458
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yui Horie is just too good to beat or even just match up with her

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 22:31   Link #459
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Yeah, don't think you're going to top that no matter who you get.

I was feeling pretty good about Chie's new voice after playing P4A, where I thought she was a reasonable (though unnecessary) improvement on the original English VA. After the first dungeon in P4G, this level of quality has mostly returned. But man, what is up with her in those first two hours or so? Did the guy who directed that recording session think that she would need to yell and over-enunciate everything so that we'd be able to hear her over those tiny Vita speakers?
Yeah, I suppose that was a given .

I do find it funny that both of Chie's voices needs some time to settle in. It was the same thing the first time around. The original voice was painfully bad early on, but it stabilized after a while and was fine the rest of the game. I swear if they had time should have gone back and re-recorded the early portions after getting the voice down.
Old 2012-12-20, 01:58   Link #460
Accelolita_

Guess I make enemies with this (though I don't care ) but I like old Chie more than Japanese Chie (same with Rise as I absolutely hate Rie Kugimiya's voice aside from her role as Alphonse Elric) and thus I like old Chie waaaay more than new Chie.
But maybe I'll get used to it.
Only a few days left till I can finally play it b'aww.
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote