AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-03-15, 18:16   Link #1101
demino_hellsin
That one guy

These eyes can see angerls even from a different dimension. Can also read and decode the magic in grimoires.

EDIT: to be poetic, these are eyes that can see what aren't meant to be seen.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 20:20   Link #1102
Ilidsor
Angelerator

From a magic standpoint you could justify that if you can find some religious myth or fairy tale where a character can do that.

Well maybe not the grimoires. Those are alive and not to be messed with lightly, but if you're planning on writing a fanfic I'm sure you could make it slide.
Old 2013-03-16, 04:59   Link #1103
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Mmm... Would it make sense to name it the Eyes of Alice?
Old 2013-03-16, 16:40   Link #1104
Ilidsor
Angelerator

That depends. What do you mean by Alice?
Old 2013-03-16, 18:35   Link #1105
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Alice in wonderland. Because the eyes let you see what shouldn't be seen without going mad. At least not instantaneously. In theory, if Touma's imagine breaker can kill even god, then the eyes of alice can behold the true form where others can only perceive him as a halo of light.
Old 2013-03-16, 20:55   Link #1106
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Having never read, seen, or otherwise interacted with Alice in Wonderland in any way I'm going to say sure.
Old 2013-03-16, 21:03   Link #1107
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
Put it this way, there's a reason why a lot of crazy and creepy stories takes it's inspirations from Alice in Wonderland...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 21:55   Link #1108
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would the Church find the owner of these eyes a threat if they found out that every grimoire in index's head could be read and deciphered with ease to the owner?/would any side find interest in such an ability?
Old 2013-03-16, 22:14   Link #1109
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Would the Church find the owner of these eyes a threat if they found out that every grimoire in index's head could be read and deciphered with ease to the owner?/would any side find interest in such an ability?
Which church are you referring to exactly? Well in any case the default response from the magic side is to either kill or control... Mostly kill though.
Old 2013-03-16, 22:26   Link #1110
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Oh right, I forgot there was anglican and roman catholic... is it safe to assume both would want to kill then?
Old 2013-03-16, 22:35   Link #1111
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Oh right, I forgot there was anglican and roman catholic... is it safe to assume both would want to kill then?
And Russian Orthodox, those are just the three major- who knows how many minor Christian churches there are.

Anglican would try to bring them over first, if not then the default response. But then there's the whole political power balance going on as well, people wouldn't like them to have that kind of power.
Old 2013-03-16, 22:55   Link #1112
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Another question. Do you guys think that AIM fields completely surround the esper like a membrane?

EDIT: After squandering some time in the wikia... I believe Eyes of Alice may have just ripped a hole in the plot. Just wanted to say D:

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-03-16 at 23:06.
Old 2013-03-17, 09:29   Link #1113
Haigon

I wonder what happened to the other Protestant denominations
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 09:33   Link #1114
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Not every religious group has ties to magic, but it's safe to say that Necessarius controls most of them.

But you can count on a few small pockets of cabal here and there.
Old 2013-03-19, 00:10   Link #1115
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
Another question. Do you guys think that AIM fields completely surround the esper like a membrane?

EDIT: After squandering some time in the wikia... I believe Eyes of Alice may have just ripped a hole in the plot. Just wanted to say D:
Nice angels I like Avyca more :P and Baneslayer
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 06:42   Link #1116
OverNOut
The Obsever

In Road to Endymion, it was revealed that Precognition is an esper ability. So I was wondering, let's say there's an esper with precognition and can see the future of a selected individual. Will that esper be able to see Touma's future or will it not work due to Imagine Breaker like how telepaths can't transmit or receive thoughts to Touma and teleporters can't teleport him.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 06:53   Link #1117
tsunade666

Quote:
Its not just surrounding but it works inside of their bodies too. Though it depends on the ability. The fight between Mikoto and Gunha with a loli Kihara witnessing it. Her eyes let her perceive the field of AIM. Mikoto has a wild one which is broad considering she is the strongest long range artillery with Mugino probably next to her (though I think Mugino is much more destructive in selected targets while Mikoto can unleash wrath in huge area) Gunha also has an erratic one like a storm. With Gunha's nature as a gemstone unknown. We can't tell his full potential.

Accelerator's AIM field works like what you describe as a thin membrane but its more like a wall surrounding him. Accelerator can also work inside his body. Creating a reflect status inside of it too so for his AIM field it works in short range and internal bodies.

Really AIM field or personal reality. It varies on each individual because there can't be two similar personal reality even if they had same ability. The way they perceive the world is their own. That's why its personal reality.
Old 2013-03-19, 09:40   Link #1118
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Spoiler for Eyes of Alice:

somewhat tweaked version of the ability I proposed.
Old 2013-03-20, 21:30   Link #1119
whitecloud

eyes of alice? isnt the power definition similar to alpha stigma?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 22:53   Link #1120
tsunade666

Eyes of Alice reminds me of Alpha Stigma and Glam/Gram Sight. Specially when through the rabbit hole is activated. Its screams Gram/glam sight from rental magica. While the ability to analyze information reminds me of Alpha Stigma while it also reminds me of solver of all equation but SOAE is much stronger in terms of eye ability.

Tags
hard science