Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-11-07, 06:21   Link #2041
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Has anyone here tried to find a way to dissolve smokeless powder (nitrocellulose) in water?

I was thinking of a new water filtration method, but the closest one I can think of is calclium powder.
wont that result in a near pure water? if my weak OMGWTFLULZ mode is on
Old 2010-11-07, 08:51   Link #2042
Lost Cause

I know in the past they used to use charcoal as a means of water filtration, but I never heard of anybody using gunpowder!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 23:16   Link #2043
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Guns are useless against zombies......

.......if you used up all the ammos you can carry.

.......and the gun stores doesn't have stocks anymore.

..... and hundreds of zombies are knocking on your doors steps.

Living alone in a deserted island with vegetations and water will surely make you live longer without any worries.. hehehehe
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 04:23   Link #2044
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'd go for a desert oasis, what kind of stupid zombie would cross half a desert for one measly snack?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 08:11   Link #2045
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I'd go for a desert oasis, what kind of stupid zombie would cross half a desert for one measly snack?
a stupid zombie with a hardly working brain? .. oh wait thats all of them
Old 2010-11-09, 19:06   Link #2046
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Zombies don't think at all (well if you think about your average dead zombie) so it would be possible that they are just stupid enough to actually do it
Old 2010-11-09, 19:43   Link #2047
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Zombies don't think at all (well if you think about your average dead zombie) so it would be possible that they are just stupid enough to actually do it
They are more likely to ''think'' by instinc and ''migration when food is lacking'' might be one of them so, if a bunch of survivors move to a oasis, it's possible than they will follow the foods.
Old 2010-11-09, 20:00   Link #2048
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
They are more likely to ''think'' by instinc and ''migration when food is lacking'' might be one of them so, if a bunch of survivors move to a oasis, it's possible than they will follow the foods.
That sounds reasonable, they will always go after their food, no matter what the condition or circumstance the terrain provides. Zombies tend to act purely on the need to devour anything with organs that are not poisonous. So that can explain the fact they don't eat cats or dogs? (Getting that thought from the HSOTD anime)
Old 2010-11-09, 20:33   Link #2049
Lost Cause

Yeah, why is it they don't eat animals?

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 20:35   Link #2050
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post

Living alone in a deserted island with vegetations and water will surely make you live longer without any worries.. hehehehe
If those zombies happen to be immune to sea water like in WWZ.......

Good luck.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 20:40   Link #2051
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Zombies tend to act purely on the need to devour anything with organs that are not poisonous. So that can explain the fact they don't eat cats or dogs? (Getting that thought from the HSOTD anime)
... I didn't know that zombies ( stupid ones) would still choose the foods they want to eat... Do they know which are poisonous or not... and by the way.... Cats, dogs and farm rats are a delicacy in some parts of the world...

Speaking of zombies searching food in the desert... don't they get thirsthy on the way??? Instinctly, even a dumb person and hungry, would still look for water than eat solid raw foods...
Old 2010-11-09, 21:16   Link #2052
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Yeah, why is it they don't eat animals?
Don't taste/smell good?
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 22:09   Link #2053
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:

I roll my own ammunition. I'll start forging my own projectiles soon too so I'll have lots of lead ingots sitting around to smelt.

I'll only be reliant on primers and powder both of which will be brought in BULK.

Tens of thousands of primers at a time and probably a hundred kilos of various powders shortly.

I'll burn my barrels out before I went through all the ammunition I think!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 22:24   Link #2054
NoemiChan
Banned

I hope you still have the time to make them, pack them, and can you carry them all?

.... and consider the thousands of zombies
that already put down your door and you already ran out of food and water.....
Old 2010-11-09, 23:15   Link #2055
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
I hope you still have the time to make them, pack them, and can you carry them all?

Depends on what area in the world you live, what area of the city you live, what your house is like, what your preparations are like, etc, etc.

I already know which one I am on the pie. I'll give you a hint, it's the bright green slice.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 01:39   Link #2056
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:

I'm more than prepared mate. I live on a dairy farm on top of a slight hill with long fields of fire with plenty of fresh produce growing in the garden (as well as the cows to eat. lol) and enough weapons and ammunition to organize a small revolution.

Heck, I found out today a bloke a fewpropertiesover from me has a Barrett 98B in .338LM among other weapons and lots of ammunition too. Between us we'd be able to account for several tens of thousands of the undead. Many, many times the number of local residents that could turn into the undead.

So I figure I'll be right.

Finished my Steyr last night as well with the addition of a Anti-Reflective Device.

So with her all done, I've started saving towards my AI Arctic Warfare Super Magnum... It's going to be a long road!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 02:15   Link #2057
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Speaking of zombies searching food in the desert... don't they get thirsthy on the way??? Instinctly, even a dumb person and hungry, would still look for water than eat solid raw foods...
Even if they don't get thirsty, with their gaping mouths open, they'd be sandfilled in no time, and be rendered immobile after the first sandstorm at night. Not to mention, the heat would make them rot faster, so if they found me I'd sneeze and they'd break.
Quote:
a stupid zombie with a hardly working brain? .. oh wait thats all of them
Touche...as for the graph, I refuse to taste delicious! At least leave them a bitter aftertaste
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 02:40   Link #2058
james0246

^Personally, I’d expect you'd give anyone that ate you, man or beast, indigestion. I, on the other hand, would taste wonderful...

Realistically, the only real preparation that will matter in the case of an apocalypse is how fast you can run, having the ability to not overtly panic under pressure, how quickly you can adapt, and a lot of "luck" and or instinct. Because, while guns are great, and basic survival strategy is a must, running away is the only sure-fire option for survival and every strategy should always be built around the core concept of running from danger.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 04:59   Link #2059
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I'm more than prepared mate. I live on a dairy farm on top of a slight hill with long fields of fire with plenty of fresh produce growing in the garden (as well as the cows to eat. lol) and enough weapons and ammunition to organize a small revolution.

Heck, I found out today a bloke a fewpropertiesover from me has a Barrett 98B in .338LM among other weapons and lots of ammunition too. Between us we'd be able to account for several tens of thousands of the undead. Many, many times the number of local residents that could turn into the undead.

So I figure I'll be right.

Finished my Steyr last night as well with the addition of a Anti-Reflective Device.

So with her all done, I've started saving towards my AI Arctic Warfare Super Magnum... It's going to be a long road!
what brand of scope are you using?

go for a ProngHorn....
Old 2010-11-10, 06:28   Link #2060
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Realistically, the only real preparation that will matter in the case of an apocalypse is how fast you can run, having the ability to not overtly panic under pressure, how quickly you can adapt, and a lot of "luck" and or instinct. Because, while guns are great, and basic survival strategy is a must, running away is the only sure-fire option for survival and every strategy should always be built around the core concept of running from danger.
Thank you.

Whenever zombies, or apocalypse in itself comes up, there is always a massive focus on guns, guns and guns... Which won't help much and is largely irrelevant to anyone outside the US (especially in Europe, what with a majority of the countries having strict gun laws) which are often over-looked.

Will be interesting when I get my SAS Survival Handbook I ordered to see what useful things there are to use...

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, firearms, survive, zombies