1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.55%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-01-14, 00:05   Link #641
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i thought that 00-gundam is built from 0-gundam, so 00 is basically 0 with improvement. So how would ribbon roll out another 0-gundam if the original is at the hands of setsuna.
Go watch episode 25 of season 1 again. Its clearly shown that 0 Gundam and 00 Gundam are separate units--0 Gundam is revealed, and when the talk of the GN-Drive begins, Wang looks off to the side, to 00 Gundam's hanger, and the camera phases through it to show 00 Gundam. The only thing of 0 Gundam in 00 Gundam is its GN-Drive.
Old 2009-01-14, 00:09   Link #642
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^He almost made me question my own sanity there...I do agree that the O probably is extremely powerful despite it's age...It's maneuverability where it may struggle, but maybe Ribbons can type in a few Veda passwords and get that haxmode uploaded^^...
Old 2009-01-14, 00:15   Link #643
tanqexe

Lol...when I read "The O," I thought at first you were referring to Paptimus Scirocco's pimp mobile.

0 Gundam was constructed from outdated, inferior technology - low capacity condensers that couldn't efficiently keep up with the output of the GN drive, bulky thrust assembly, and limited weaponry. As nostalgic as it is, I seriously doubt we'll be seeing 0 Gundam again.

About Ribbons...well, it could be that Ian et al knew about the 0 Gundam experiments mainly because all CB operations are recorded in a database. Ian may not have been assigned chief engineer in direct responsibility of mobile suits just yet (we are talking about over a decade before actual operations occurred, so Ian may have been quite young and not in a senior position at the time), so he might not even have met Ribbons in person. Likewise, Feldt Grace would've been too young to really remember; plus, only Tieria and Setsuna have seen Ribbons' face.

The secrecy of Gundam Meisters' identities may have contributed to Ribbons' subterfuge. I reckon we'll find out more about Ribbons' subterfuge and actions later on.
tanqexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 00:25   Link #644
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

My take on the matter is that Ribbons is talking about the 00 Gundam being his symbolically, since it does have the O Gundam's drive afterall.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 00:26   Link #645
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

@tanqexe - Your thinking to logically dude^^ (As if that's a bad thing)...Try it again from a writers' perspective...

Scrappy Rx-78 verses supped up uber Gundam...Past verses future, Setsuna's irony, epic clash of ideals represented through the 2 MS's...It could work, it's just a penstroke away...The ultimate contradictory of fighting the suit he loved so much, that it was actually a vehicle of distortion and ultimately chaos...This is how we writers think...

O just looks cooler in script than 0 BTW...
Old 2009-01-14, 00:28   Link #646
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Well with Ribbon's huge ego and what not. Comes as no surprise to me that he'd like to claim the 00.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 01:04   Link #647
tanqexe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
@tanqexe - Your thinking to logically dude^^ (As if that's a bad thing)...Try it again from a writers' perspective...

Scrappy Rx-78 verses supped up uber Gundam...Past verses future, Setsuna's irony, epic clash of ideals represented through the 2 MS's...It could work, it's just a penstroke away...The ultimate contradictory of fighting the suit he loved so much, that it was actually a vehicle of distortion and ultimately chaos...This is how we writers think...

O just looks cooler in script than 0 BTW...
Hehe yeah, I'm just teasing you on the O thing

From a writer's perspective, the ultimate insult to Setsuna's world view would be a completely new Innovator suit that sports a head design similar to the 0 Gundam. So far Setsuna's been fighting against mobile suits whose designs aren't exactly like the "knights in shining armor" that he attributes to the Gundams. It would be psychologically stunning that the face representing the eradication of war, with cutting edge capabilities that can easily trounce the state of the art weapons, is actually piloted by the mastermind of the Federation's oppression. With red/orange GN particles spurting out everywhere, this would be a manifestation of what Ribbons has seemed to have done in the AD universe - he's perverted the ideals of Aeolia Schenberg for his own purposes.

Besides, I highly doubt Ribbons would settle for an old beat-up Cadillac when he can order a brand-spanking new Maclaren at a whim
Old 2009-01-14, 05:28   Link #648
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanqexe View Post
Besides, I highly doubt Ribbons would settle for an old beat-up Cadillac when he can order a brand-spanking new Maclaren at a whim
The problem is with the Tau drive. As close as it may get to the original, I doubt it can even have the features the originals have, like Trans-Am, or it can fill capacitors at an equally fast rate while sustaining enough particles for manuvers.

Maybe Ribbons recaptures O Gundam and after Tieria dies in battle with Ali, he takes Seravee's GN drive.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 08:44   Link #649
Knight_SV

underling? not really. He just waiting the right moment to screw alejandro. That's why he act as an underling so Alejandro will not suspicious in him
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 08:53   Link #650
T.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanqexe View Post
From a writer's perspective, the ultimate insult to Setsuna's world view would be a completely new Innovator suit that sports a head design similar to the 0 Gundam.

Aka 0 Gundam Mk. II*

And having its own G-Defenser to boot in the form of Louise's shiny new 'Darth Raiser,' if my spider sense is right.

I can see it following the Fallen Angel motif, complete with the 'Darth Raiser' forming a giant black pair of eagle wings with 6 red tip feathers on either side, and coming full circle on the angelic symbolism, while also being the antithesis of 00Raiser.

*Speculating further, "Dominion Gundam" might be its name, given Dominions are the upper echelon angels ordering Arche's (Ali's Gundam) around, while it's combined form could be named "Lucifer" (or sticking with (bastardized) ancient greek 'Phosphoros'), aka the Morning/Day Star, referencing both planet Venus at dawn, and ofcourse Satan.
T.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 09:30   Link #651
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

I had higher expectation of Saji. I thought I read somewhere before this season aired that this season will focus on Setsuna and Saji. I expect Saji to do more things not just staying in the ship doing repairs. I feel bad for Setsuna if he is going to be affected by his wound in future. I hope that was just speculation of our parts and things are actually simpler.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 09:42   Link #652
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Kyrios already took Dominions ("Kuriotes").

Though on second look, technically we have both Dynames ("Dunamis", Virtues) and Virtue, so it's possible.

The ones that haven't been used yet are Ophanim, Archangels and Angels. And the latter 2 would better suit grunt units than one of a kind Gundams, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
I had higher expectation of Saji. I thought I read somewhere before this season aired that this season will focus on Setsuna and Saji. I expect Saji to do more things not just staying in the ship doing repairs. I feel bad for Setsuna if he is going to be affected by his wound in future. I hope that was just speculation of our parts and things are actually simpler.
I think Saji's getting good focus this season. It's just that this wasn't his episode, it was more Setsuna's episode.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 09:47   Link #653
FuzzyWuzzy

So Ali Al sarchez didn't die because they took the piano outside the base just so the kids can sing. It seems Ali also has a reason for fighting so he cannot die yet.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 10:00   Link #654
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
And Ian (who most likely met Ribbons at the time he was a Meister), hasn't seen him even once in the whole series.
I bet Setsuna could also be part of the high society, if he didn't blow his cover willingly. At least Louise wasn't even suspicious of seeing him at the party... though he was just the driver.
I’m wondering if Sumeragi’s plan to infiltrate the ALAW’s banquet had Ribbons as the mark or if only Tieria knows Ribbons’ identity…That would probably be the only way Ian does know his face...I don’t really have an issue with any of this…I just feel like 11 years is such a tight window for Ribbons going from Ptolemy, CB meister/crew-member to deep cover Corner errand boy and no one being the wiser within multiple CB factions…It seemed to me the observers knew all the pertinent info on the current meisters…Ribbons being the O Gundam pilot just kinda makes your eyes get wide and you start thinking about how that’s possible…

EDIT:
1 idea on the whole GN particle pistol thingy (Not that I care as much as most of this forum since I think it’ll be revealed one way or another next week if not completely ignored), but it has been shown that sometimes particles linger when the mechs are in static-mode (If not at all times)…Could it possibly be a situation where lingering particles are in the atmosphere and the chemical reaction from the gun going off or the sunlight combined with gunsmoke just makes those particles visible? Kinda like how when sunlight seeps thru window blinds and in the area where it hits you can see all sorts of dust particles, but close the blinds and it’s no longer visible…Maybe the particles were just in the atmosphere and the gun created a visual reaction…

Just my take..

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2009-01-14 at 10:20.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 10:29   Link #655
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
So Ali Al sarchez didn't die because they took the piano outside the base just so the kids can sing. It seems Ali also has a reason for fighting so he cannot die yet.
& that would probably be Tieria's revenge.
Old 2009-01-14, 10:53   Link #656
tanqexe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
1 idea on the whole GN particle pistol thingy (Not that I care as much as most of this forum since I think it’ll be revealed one way or another next week if not completely ignored), but it has been shown that sometimes particles linger when the mechs are in static-mode (If not at all times)…Could it possibly be a situation where lingering particles are in the atmosphere and the chemical reaction from the gun going off or the sunlight combined with gunsmoke just makes those particles visible? Kinda like how when sunlight seeps thru window blinds and in the area where it hits you can see all sorts of dust particles, but close the blinds and it’s no longer visible…Maybe the particles were just in the atmosphere and the gun created a visual reaction…

Just my take..
I dunno if the animators were thinking that hard to create subtle effects like that...Occam's razor would dictate that it's just red GN particles. It's certainly not like the sunlight example you give, though - the pistol and particle exhaust from it were both in the cast shadow. Watching the scene in HD, I'm pretty sure there was no smoke from the pistol, only shining particles.

You know what, it doesn't really matter too much if Ali's bullets had gunpowder or red GN particles as propellant. All that really affects is the bullet's exit speed from the barrel. Unless the bullet is encased with very concentrated GN particles or something like that, Setsuna's wound and pain is only from a bullet puncture to his body, not from the effects of the propellant GN particles themselves.
Old 2009-01-14, 10:53   Link #657
Knight_SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
there's still no proof about this yet,wether ali shot him with a GN powered bullet or not. so we've just have to wait for next episode for confirmation.
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 11:24   Link #658
Galerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& that would probably be Tieria's revenge.
I got a different take on that one.

Ali will live through it all. Ali personifies everything CB is trying to change in the world, and thus he won't be killed, but changed in some way which will enable him to live in a new world. Or he'll sacrifies himself to enable that new world to exist. Not wanting to live in said world, but acknowledging the need for it to become reality.

Ali is beyond a simple revenge or death. I really think killing him off would be taking the easy way out.
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 11:26   Link #659
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well im very late but oh well everything that needs to be said has been. I will just say i enjoyed the fight between Setsuna and Ali and not only did Setsuna managed to hold his own although shaky he manged to damage Ali's unit and had the chance for the finishing blow but.............i believe his inablity to finish the fight will come back to bite him in his CB ass later.

Tiera wow looks like he finally made a stand i was wavering for a bit on what he might do plus he reveals his little secret. Brilliant using Seravee to hold the enemy in place while the smaller unit which come out of the back like a butterfly molting to attack and penetrate an GN field impressive.

Possible coup de tat within the whole government looks CB is not the only ones fed up with the ALAWS.

Nene got dissed again damn girl your batting 0.00 keep trying though
Old 2009-01-14, 11:29   Link #660
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galerian View Post
I got a different take on that one.

Ali will live through it all. Ali personifies everything CB is trying to change in the world, and thus he won't be killed, but changed in some way which will enable him to live in a new world. Or he'll sacrifies himself to enable that new world to exist. Not wanting to live in said world, but acknowledging the need for it to become reality.
A hero's end?

Anyway, I think "Ali personifies everything CB is trying to change in the world, and thus he won't be killed" has already been done in the end of the first season. We know their "Elimination of All the Wars" didn't bear good fruit in Season 1; and Ali (and Graham) being alive are the proof.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote