AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-08, 11:13   Link #1
Dio-sama
Inactive Member

is Haruka married?

In the last episode @ time 21:12 u see Harukas surname is Murakami.I guess that means that she is married,what do you think?
Old 2004-01-08, 11:23   Link #2
Shift_

it's most likely a pen name, many authors use one. She's too young to get married.

Besides LOOK at her hands, see any rings? no? good, it's a pen name, it's been explained before.

either that, or the illustrators got REAL lazy and screwed up on the name (this has HAPPENED MANY times before in other series)
Old 2004-01-08, 12:19   Link #3
Key Board
Carbon

I think it's a Pen name.

There are various reasons, but I think the primary one is her sister Akane.

She wants to avoid pointless hype for her debut work. It would be counter-productive if in the ends she remains nothing more than "that athlete Akane Suzumiya's sister"
Old 2004-01-08, 12:33   Link #4
Shinske

Send a message via ICQ to Shinske Send a message via AIM to Shinske Send a message via MSN to Shinske Send a message via Yahoo to Shinske
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
it's most likely a pen name, many authors use one. She's too young to get married.

Besides LOOK at her hands, see any rings? no? good, it's a pen name, it's been explained before.

either that, or the illustrators got REAL lazy and screwed up on the name (this has HAPPENED MANY times before in other series)
Who are you to say that she's "too young" to be married

Though i agree that it is most probably a pen name.
Old 2004-01-12, 10:25   Link #5
kamij0

she got a book to write, somehow she still got that tiny feeling towards takayuki.. dun suppose she'll get hitched when she's in the midst of writing that book
Old 2004-01-14, 12:02   Link #6
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Though I suppose it'd might create a closure if the book was written years later, and Haruka did indeed move on and get married.

Cuz I'm not hoping for an OVA or anything of the sort, so if all the ends were tied it'd be great.
Old 2004-01-14, 13:32   Link #7
Lucier
Lunar Translator

I agree with Key Board... Althought that didn't occur to me when watching... It's a really sensible thought.
Old 2004-01-14, 14:40   Link #8
Shift_

Anyways if SHE was married you'd expect to see a ring on her ring finger of her left hand, but you see them clearly, and what do you see?

Nothing.
Old 2004-01-20, 16:12   Link #9
Iridi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
Anyways if SHE was married you'd expect to see a ring on her ring finger of her left hand, but you see them clearly, and what do you see?

Nothing.
And do most pen names only change the last name?
Seems odd to me.

I took it to mean that the writers at least wanted us to have the impression that she moved on in life and is now married.

Married people don't always wear their rings in public.

I'd believe either way, but I'm inclined to her having found another person to love, and got married.
Old 2004-01-20, 17:19   Link #10
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

It's up to you to decide whether she married or not...

It wasn't clearly defined in the game either, it just showed Takayuki buying a book by "Murakami Haruka" and Mitsuki reading that book to their child with tears.

Many animes do not define clarifications. The leave it to the judgment of the viewer....just like the ending of "scryed."
Old 2004-01-20, 20:08   Link #11
Iridi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
It's up to you to decide whether she married or not...

It wasn't clearly defined in the game either, it just showed Takayuki buying a book by "Murakami Haruka" and Mitsuki reading that book to their child with tears.

Many animes do not define clarifications. The leave it to the judgment of the viewer....just like the ending of "scryed."
Very interesting, I wonder if they go around and read the forums afterwards (and laugh at us).

Thank you for the insight, kj1980, I wonder how many other anime do the same. Kimi Ga was a first for me.
Old 2004-01-23, 06:14   Link #12
kamij0

this sounds very familiar .. letting us guess whether she's married or not ..
last exile also make us wonder if moran died or not
Old 2004-01-23, 13:24   Link #13
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
this sounds very familiar .. letting us guess whether she's married or not ..
last exile also make us wonder if moran died or not
I thought Moran was well and alive playing in the fields with his children at the ending.
Old 2004-01-23, 17:27   Link #14
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
that is correct, moran was alive with a kid on his shoulders

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
Old 2004-01-23, 19:56   Link #15
Zap

Yes, we can clearly see Moran alive and kicking (or doing whatever else it takes to make Moran Junior). However, an earlier episode (#23) shows him storming the Guild "Unit" and capturing it but being mortally wounded*** and then that woman (his future wife, Donya) seeing him and crying. Guess he didn't really die?

*** Maybe it's like this...
[Holy Grail]
DONYA: You will not have died in vain.
MORAN: I'm not dead yet.
DONYA: Er, well then, you will not have been mortally wounded in vain.
MORAN: I think I'll survive to make Moran Junior.
[/Holy Grail]
Old 2004-01-23, 20:04   Link #16
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap
Yes, we can clearly see Moran alive and kicking (or doing whatever else it takes to make Moran Junior). However, an earlier episode (#23) shows him storming the Guild "Unit" and capturing it but being mortally wounded*** and then that woman (his future wife, Donya) seeing him and crying. Guess he didn't really die?

*** Maybe it's like this...
[Holy Grail]
DONYA: You will not have died in vain.
MORAN: I'm not dead yet.
DONYA: Er, well then, you will not have been mortally wounded in vain.
MORAN: I think I'll survive to make Moran Junior.
[/Holy Grail]
and at that time seriously i thought moran could not make it anymore, who can expect him to make an appearance at the end with a junior
Old 2004-01-23, 20:29   Link #17
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridi
Very interesting, I wonder if they go around and read the forums afterwards (and laugh at us).

Thank you for the insight, kj1980, I wonder how many other anime do the same. Kimi Ga was a first for me.
Hellsing, BLAME!(that's a given XD), VoH, BS06, WHR, and many more share this. I'm surprised you haven't noticed or... is this the first time you've asked these questions on a forum before? .
Old 2004-02-02, 03:29   Link #18
-*Mitsuki*-

Send a message via MSN to -*Mitsuki*- Send a message via Yahoo to -*Mitsuki*-
ya i also wanted to know if haruka was married in the end or not~
when i first saw the "murakami" last name, i thought it coulda just been a pen name~
but isn't it kinda weird that she changed her last name for a pen name?
also later they sorta zoom in on haruka's last name when takayuki was standing outside a book store and looking at that book~ then he smiled and went in... is that trying to tell us something?? oh well either way, its a good thing ^^
Old 2004-02-02, 14:24   Link #19
donna8157

Yeah . I think it was a penname also.

Anyway, her story .. do you think Haruka is saying that she will become friends with Takayuki and Mitsuki again?
Old 2004-02-02, 15:15   Link #20
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna8157
Anyway, her story .. do you think Haruka is saying that she will become friends with Takayuki and Mitsuki again?
I think this is the clear message of her book. Read the whole story which was posted in another thread. Haru the ferret found out that the REAL treasure was the friendship they shared (and lost), and she is fighting with all her strength to go up the hill again to meet and nap with the others - AND she is confident that she will succeed.

No message could be clearer. "Let's become friends again ... yoi-sho - I think I can ... I think we can do it!"
Closed Thread