AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-07-26, 16:14   Link #121
Little Machi
Banned

Um, thanks, but that doesn't really answer what I asked at all.>_>
Little Machi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 16:17   Link #122
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Put down your order number during the payment. In one of the screens there's a field where you can leave a message to the person you're sending money to.

And if the name on your PayPal account and what they have on record is the same, they can match via that, too.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 06:07   Link #123
plmko

paypal has your name, address, phone number, etc attached to your email. When you pay the receiver is indicated upon accepting the money of your details. So I'm assuming that they will send it to your paypal address.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 00:16   Link #124
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

is there a store in Japantown San Francisco that sells import Anime DVDs?

and anyone know much abut these guys?

jpophelp.com - found them googling for astore that sells Kara No Kyokai vol1 LE

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2008-09-01 at 00:42.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 18:08   Link #125
rainking187

I've ordered from a number of these sites recently and I thought I should post my experiences with them.

Playasia-Very good, sales, tons of coupons out there and preorder bonuses.

NCSX-Good, they have some harder to find games, but apparently not many copies, of the last 4 games I bought from them 3 were the very last copy and the other sold out less then a week later. Maybe not good for preorder, in their daily update it seems like they hardly ever get enough preorder bonuses for everyone, but I always get them from Playasia. Also check Playasia before buying anything, they are usually much cheaper. Also I ordered a game from NCSX and found it on Playasia a couple days later for about $30 cheaper. I emailed NCSX so I could get an RMA number to return it so I could get it cheaper at Playasia and never received any response.

Sorry for multiple posts, but I'm posting from my PS3 and there's a character limit or something.

Yesasia-Ships in 7-14 days means it actually ships in 7-14 days, as opposed to some companies where ships in 7-14 days means "Ha, good luck". They won't let you cancel video game orders though, and I've never had to return anything, but their returns policy on the site makes it seem like if you got a game and it didn't work you still couldn't return it.

Himeyashop-Good service, shipping is kind of expensive though.

Japanvideogames-I ordered a game listed as being in stock from them. A couple of days later I got an email my order had shipped. A couple of days later I got another email that the game was out of stock and they'd have to try and track it down. Not cool. Normally if they told me they didn't have a game I'd just shrug it off, except they told me they'd already shipped it which was basically a lie. I ordered another game from them and they didn't have it in stock either, but they sent it about a week later.

Gamechoiceclub-Ordered a game from them listed as being in stock, it wasn't. Tried to switch to a different game, didn't have that one either. Got my money back.

Last edited by xris; 2008-09-06 at 02:49.
rainking187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 01:49   Link #126
fubar444

Playasia is definitely worth checking out as stated above
fubar444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 12:21   Link #127
lightl

oh a head up was browsing himeyashop and the yare spliting the site up himeyashop will sell non eroge stuff whiel new site will the eroge stuf , website said this suppose ot happen on the 20th
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 21:12   Link #128
ShuichiChann

Thank you so much for this...! :3
ShuichiChann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 05:27   Link #129
Ruezu

Send a message via MSN to Ruezu
Where can I buy Doujin games? Specifically Magical battle Arena T_T"
Old 2008-12-13, 02:18   Link #130
re5fan

pre order re 5 at http://www.residentevil.com/5/kijuju...d=DwdCm-xhjrf#
re5fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 03:04   Link #131
Ioriya

Send a message via AIM to Ioriya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruezu View Post
Where can I buy Doujin games? Specifically Magical battle Arena T_T"
Paletweb

as of right now, the site is down or something. So just wait
Ioriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 16:41   Link #132
acr429

Clannad, Shuffle and games like, have some questions about

I'm very ineterested in playing Clannad, Shuffle or any other games like (ero is ok) The only thing that stops me is that most of this games are Japanese and I know almost no japanese.
I know Clannad has translation in progress, but is their any other games that are already translated by fans or official, I really would like to play them.
Please pass what you know and how can I acquired the translation patches
I dont mind buying the game and getting ship to the US from Japan.
I would just like to have a english patch so that I may be able to play it.
or is their any games that I can buy here in the US already translated if so from where.

Thank You

edit.

PC games only Please
acr429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 17:06   Link #133
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

First, to the mods - I'm assuming its okay to point out translation patch sites because we have so many threads that contain pointer data to such mod/patches and it passes the Rule 1.1 check, eh? These aren't "warez" or "cracks", just game playing aids for the language-challenged.

Shuffle! *had* a translation project going (since 2005 off and on). Unfortunately, the primary member keeps vanishing for long periods (6 months plus at a time) and he has all the file work. Right now, the project appears to be in deep limbo. Visit the Patch thread in the Shuffle! subforum to find out more.

There's a site called Mirrormoon.org that provides english translations for some visual novels.

Best bet is to simply google the name of the series and "english patch"
(e.g. "Utawarerumono english patch")

You might check out the websites Peach Princess or J-List for games that are officially translated if you just want to get a notion of these "visual novels" (hard for me to call them games). Some of them are quite good if little known.

And yes, its strongly encouraged for you to buy the games. However, they are ridiculously expensive for their ancient technology compared to what you get in an American or European game software package (I'd really like to see a visual novel done in real modern RPG style). The positive side of using what is basically 1980s game tech is that almost any piece of junk computer runs them.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-02-03 at 17:21.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 17:09   Link #134
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

This little list has always helped me.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 12:18   Link #135
Vegard Aune

Just wondering, aside from Himeya, is there ANY other store that sells Clannad Full Voice that will ship internationally? I would just get it from Himeya, but the already high price+expensive shipping+custom taxes would bring the price up to almost $150, and I just don't have that kind of money. (Or, technically I do, but it's also ALL I have at the moment.)
Old 2009-02-12, 14:31   Link #136
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

www.paletweb.com

You can also use a proxy service like japan auction agency if you find a japan store that sells it for agood price (eg: getchu)
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 19:52   Link #137
Princess Peach
Peach girl

Cant we buy them at Ebay?
Princess Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 11:38   Link #138
rosario+vampireluver

ooh ;D this is great ~ i've been trying to find Rosario+Vampire and Higurashi no naku koro ni games for the longest time ! Thank you !
rosario+vampireluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 10:06   Link #139
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Just wondering, aside from Himeya, is there ANY other store that sells Clannad Full Voice that will ship internationally? I would just get it from Himeya, but the already high price+expensive shipping+custom taxes would bring the price up to almost $150, and I just don't have that kind of money. (Or, technically I do, but it's also ALL I have at the moment.)
Try paletweb for the PC version. If not then get the Xbox version or PSP version, essentially they are the same game except they are on a console.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 22:48   Link #140
Gleerock

Is it safe with net trading? You can be hacked or something like that I'm told...