AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-13, 03:15   Link #5041
Xacual

Actually that post doesn't say anything about removing Engineering Specs, I hope they do but the post was only mentions it for Leatherworking, Tailoring Blacksmithing.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 18:15   Link #5042
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Blizzard has done posts notifying people how to notify them of one's expression of interest to get a spot in the closed beta for Cataclysm.

http://www.worldofraids.com/topic/16...-in-reminder/?

If you want in, get to it!
Old 2010-05-13, 21:05   Link #5043
Xacual

As is with people in that topic, I'd be surprised if anyone isn't already opt-in. I know I have been since battle.net had that functionality.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-05-13, 21:41   Link #5044
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I never knew about that option, so this is news to me.
Old 2010-05-15, 02:11   Link #5045
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

MT is in AV now, Season 3's just started for anyone who like's "I'm MT"

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=149239
Old 2010-05-15, 05:09   Link #5046
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The GDKP guild alt group I roll on finally had the time do try Lich King 25 tonight. We got him 3rd attempt. Really stoked. Final pot was only 6716g this time (after H Bryntoll, so much DE crap) but Hunters scored LK bow and polearm. Now I just wonder - why do most people have issues with Defile? Run early = no problem. It never affected us once.
Old 2010-05-15, 05:17   Link #5047
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Just blame everything on keyboard turners.
Old 2010-05-15, 05:46   Link #5048
Jaden

Uh, we're on LK 25 now and yeah, we die on Defile. And also on Val'kyr and mobs turning around and one-shotting the raid with cone attacks, tanks dying to Soul Reaper. We also made it once to phase 3, where we were quickly executed by the spirits. XD

We might be in for the long haul. But hey, that's ok since there won't be any new raid content before Cata. We have plenty of time to kill the Lich King, get bored, disband our guilds and unsub before then.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 09:21   Link #5049
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There will be Ruby Sanctum come patch 3.3.5

It is suppose to be on the same level as early ICC raid content.
Old 2010-05-15, 11:52   Link #5050
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

anyone know the worgen dances are out yet?
Old 2010-05-15, 23:19   Link #5051
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'm sure the female one will be Horo-like. Or there will be hell to pay. ^^
Old 2010-05-16, 00:46   Link #5052
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

No word on Worgen dancing yet.
Old 2010-05-16, 05:13   Link #5053
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

On my point on Defile. my argument is that it is readily avoidable. Move 5 seconds before it comes + spread out = problem contained. Prevention is the best medicine. As for the Valkyr, Paladins and Hunters should be preventing such deaths from occuring with Hammer of Justice and Frost Trap. It's not an easy fight at all. It simply calls for people to utilise their classes. And it's definitely a fight skewed in favour of melee DPS. I like it but I still think Professor Putricide was the best concept that was also well executed. That fight made me consider how to minimise movement and how to pack in my rotations, which then made me do better on other fights. And constructive criticism is also a good thing. Sometimes you do need to hear the music to lift one's game.

Wonder what the price of Cata will be considering the high price of Starcraft 2.
Old 2010-05-16, 06:08   Link #5054
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
There will be Ruby Sanctum come patch 3.3.5

It is suppose to be on the same level as early ICC raid content.
Well, from what little info we have on Ruby Sanctum from the PTR, it seems like just a reskinned Obsidian Sanctum with one boss. That doesn't really count as a new raid. It's quite sad isn't it? Just because they have an awesome expansion coming out sometime next fall, Blizz thinks it's ok to halt content patches. What do they think we're going to do until then but unsub and find a new game?
Old 2010-05-16, 06:24   Link #5055
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Well, from what little info we have on Ruby Sanctum from the PTR, it seems like just a reskinned Obsidian Sanctum with one boss. That doesn't really count as a new raid. It's quite sad isn't it? Just because they have an awesome expansion coming out sometime next fall, Blizz thinks it's ok to halt content patches. What do they think we're going to do until then but unsub and find a new game?
Beat Lich King Heroic.

Natch.
Old 2010-05-16, 06:43   Link #5056
Jaden

No thanks. Already been in ICC for like 10 months so just beating him on normal is enough closure for me. Heroics aren't additional content - it's a difficulty setting.
Old 2010-05-16, 06:58   Link #5057
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, that's what guilds like Paragon and Premonition want. The normal level is not a challenge to them, so they need the Hard Modes to stay interested. While the less hardcore people are satisfied with normal modes. It's taken to the 3rd round to be able to please both levels, but they're reaching a decent place now. And after some reflection, making lockouts for 10 and 25 isn't such a bad thing. If you're good enough to do 25, you most likely won't want to do 10 except for achieves. Also perhaps Blizzard deftly enforcing a timelock on the time people are in front of the keyboard. But the main concern is 25 will be too easy if gear between the two versions is the same quality. If they manage to makes both versions balanced, then all will be well. But if they make 25 too easy, there will be a lot of ticked off people at the top end.

My main targets before Cata are to enjoy the Gnomeregan recapture, secure a good stockpile of gold to avoid a potentially volatile + overblown AH come the start of Cata, get another feat mount and clear some BG achieves. There isn't much making me log on at present, but the way life is these days, that's not a bad thing.
Old 2010-05-16, 07:50   Link #5058
Jaden

Yeah, I think difficulty settings are great. There could even be more of them. But the guilds that do hard modes also have more raid hours a week than the guilds that don't, so they would get tired of the instances even faster, right?

I just think Blizzard could put out more raid content in the game. They're like the most experienced and well funded game studio in the world, there's no way they aren't capable of it. The best part of WoW is the end game, no other MMO comes close to that. Blizzard should be pressing this advantage, because nothing keeps people subscribed like a raid schedule.

The pre-cata event quest lines, although I'm sure they will be cool, are likely to be finished in one day. The achievement and gold hunters are also a minority. Really it's the raids that keep this game alive.
Old 2010-05-16, 09:49   Link #5059
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I'm sure the female one will be Horo-like. Or there will be hell to pay. ^^
I doubt they will pick a anime dance, or else they would have picked the overrated haruhi dance for female BE or something.

this will prob be male worgens http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_ojmIGnpsY
Old 2010-05-16, 10:56   Link #5060
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Yeah, I think difficulty settings are great. There could even be more of them. But the guilds that do hard modes also have more raid hours a week than the guilds that don't, so they would get tired of the instances even faster, right?

I just think Blizzard could put out more raid content in the game. They're like the most experienced and well funded game studio in the world, there's no way they aren't capable of it. The best part of WoW is the end game, no other MMO comes close to that. Blizzard should be pressing this advantage, because nothing keeps people subscribed like a raid schedule.
That's not true at all, I know my guild that is currently 8/12 in ICC hardmodes raids only 11 hours a week. I also know of multiple guilds that are on other servers that raid only 8-10 hours a week and are even further along then us. The idea that the best raiders are only the best because they raid more is a fallacy that really should have died a long time ago.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows