AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Old 2012-07-21, 10:39   Link #1121
John117xCortana

The scene where the fleet used themselves as shields to protect the mobile armor was......
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 19:03   Link #1122
Nyat

Mobile armor? This isn't Gundam.
Nyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 19:44   Link #1123
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so after ep 3, is the guy the main character? haha. too many names to remember and i'll bet there will be more named character deaths too.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 20:33   Link #1124
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so after ep 3, is the guy the main character? haha. too many names to remember and i'll bet there will be more named character deaths too.
Yuuya should be the main character, or at the very least the character whose perspective we'll be following the most through the story (the other one likely Yui). The question if he'll stay in that position, as two episodes in I think it's clear at this point that the world of Muv Luv Alternative isn't all sun and rainbows.
Old 2012-07-21, 23:07   Link #1125
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Some guy on http://www.fanfiction.net/r/8299088/ is complaining my one Total Eclipse fanfic isn't accurate because I technically make the BETA act smarter than they should

To that, I only have this to say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqcrnhqdCgQ

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-22 at 12:44. Reason: clarification
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 00:09   Link #1126
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
relentless-bro, you just deleted my post involving an event that only exists in the anime.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 12:46   Link #1127
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
relentless-bro, you just deleted my post involving an event that only exists in the anime.
So, it's a Total Eclipse fanfic, then? You called it a Muv-Luv fanfic, and the following post contained a game spoiler, so it seemed like it was talking about stuff unrelated to the anime. Anyway, I restored the post.
Old 2012-07-22, 13:03   Link #1128
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
This week's episode: A slight diplomatic incident.

And old cliches don't die.

EDIT: Hot damn, that scolding by Yui in the end. It's like something Marimo would have said.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 14:39   Link #1129
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep4:
Old 2012-07-22, 14:47   Link #1130
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

After watching Ep. 4...

This episode really pisses me off. With having a Japanese wife and two wonderful sons, I can attest that my children are shown nothing but love and kindness from every person they have ever met while living here in the US. Stop with the raciest stereotypes of Americans hating Japanese/Half-Japanese.

So, is the plot of this basically that Yuuya discovers over time that Japan is great an wonderful and the US is crap? Joy. (Not a spoiler. I have no idea what happens past this episode..)

I like MLA:TE but enough with the USA bashing, already...

Wow, I'm defending the US? Who would have thunk'it?

Last edited by PonSquared; 2012-07-22 at 14:49. Reason: It had to be done.
PonSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 14:50   Link #1131
ookamigirl

Yuuya's worst side comes out every time he's around Takamura.
That was not his only problem either.
The japanese TSF was as hard to handle as Takamura LOL
In a fight, it sure made him sweat a lot.
This way he's more of a nuisance than anything else.
Yuuya got scolded by Takamura.... again.
Flashback to his childhood was kinda gloomy.
That little scare with he Russians was a nice bonus.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 15:08   Link #1132
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
when I first heard the opening song I was like wtf, why did they use this as an opening song. The more I listen to it the more I like it. Episode 4 was pretty nice.

Are Inia and Cryska in 1 mech or are they in seperate mechs? When Yuuya and others meet we see 2 mechs(DAL-01, and DAL-02) and they said they were the scarlet twins. We see Cryska sitting behind Inia though when piloting the mechs.
Old 2012-07-22, 15:17   Link #1133
tsunade666

Episode 04 is pure ranting for Yuuya with his junk mecha and Yui scolding him none stop -_- and also fan service bat >_>

What's the deal with stupid racist view? The Japanese are in front war with Beta yet they treated them as cowards? the hell with this. Plus Yuuya is indeed still green and inexperience in fighting BETA. The number that they are fighting are normal for people who battle in front lines and it looks like its showing that his still green by being surprised by that number only. Plus Yui is drilling and scolding him non-stop! I didn't enjoy this episode much because of that and even the saving grace russian pilots didn't help because they throw him to prison and even almost tortured by them and its all because his Japanese >_> wow... totally suck for him and this episode.
Old 2012-07-22, 15:29   Link #1134
Sendou
Forever Young

Seeing Yuuya using the Fubuki in animation form was just really amusing. I can't blame him considering the design philosophy of the Japanese units are rather different compared to the American models. It'll take a bit of time to get used to it. Yui was indeed too harsh on him, but Yuuya blaming the machine alone and saying it was crap was rather childish. His condescending attitude doesn't make it any better.

as for the discrimination he faced, I guess he grew up in the wrong area. It's not really unusual considering the state of mind that the entire country has been IN Unlimited and Alternative world.

A scolding Takamura is also hot. How nostalgic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecat View Post
This episode really pisses me off. With having a Japanese wife and two wonderful sons, I can attest that my children are shown nothing but love and kindness from every person they have ever met while living here in the US. Stop with the raciest stereotypes of Americans hating Japanese/Half-Japanese.
Stereotypes or not, it does happen even today in the real world.

Good to hear they grew up in a nice environment free of racist then. I wish it was like that with me.
Sendou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 15:38   Link #1135
Enternal

@ Sagecat
You will be surprised but yes it does happen. I have experienced it first hand a couple of times which greatly surprised me especially when it first happened since I never expected myself, an Asian-American, to have to deal with such things.

Anyways I agree with Sendou. Yui may have been harsh but Yuuya was doing a horrible job anyways. Blaming the machine and also his attitude was just really bad.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 15:42   Link #1136
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Things a lot different in the alternative world from geo politics, history, culture. guess humanity biggest enemy other than the BETA are themselves and the political faction that affiliate with. mankind is in the brink of annihilation , yet so many faction are still jacking for power. It a screwy situation.

i cannot spoil much, you check it out in game thread and geopolitics
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 15:50   Link #1137
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Okay I didn't knew that japanese TSF were this different to control than american TSF.
I always thought they were the at least similiar enough.

But I really start getting interested in the characters. I mean Yui and Yuuya never met before didn't they? Why is she so obsessed in criticising him? It can't just be because of his japanese heritage, just because he is "dicking around?".
Old 2012-07-22, 16:05   Link #1138
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post

But I really start getting interested in the characters. I mean Yui and Yuuya never met before didn't they? Why is she so obsessed in criticising him? It can't just be because of his japanese heritage, just because he is "dicking around?".
They're acting tsundere in front of each other, though in reality they admire each other... Like they say, "the more you hate, the more you love."
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 16:06   Link #1139
Enternal

Quote:
Okay I didn't knew that japanese TSF were this different to control than american TSF.

His overconfidence. His condescending tone even though he has no experience in real battle. His attitude towards her. Hell, he's the one who is more or less seems to be picking fights with her just because she's Japanese.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 16:06   Link #1140
reaper_unique

Quote:

Well, you hinted it already..dicking...

She so wants to get in his pants she doesn't know how to react.
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, aliens, mecha, romance, science fiction, seinen