AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-01, 07:19   Link #341
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

The board is missing "The Artstyle Shift of Haruhi Suzumiya" with lots of posts moved from various topics to that one.
We just can't stop discussing the matter.

(Or just the "Artstyle", seeing as "Artstyle Shift" would fit under "2009 Relaunch" topic...)
Old 2009-09-01, 11:07   Link #342
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Nah, just move it to the general thread because (IMHO) such a thread would be a flame attractor...
Old 2009-09-02, 11:36   Link #343
Aqua Knight

Where's Asakura's discussion?
Old 2009-09-02, 11:42   Link #344
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
If she got one, then T&K would need one, as well. The only thing keeping Tsuruya from actual main character status is the fact that she isn't a Brigade member.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-09-02, 11:43   Link #345
Aqua Knight

Then let's make T&K thread too. They are awesome.
Sorta like Keigo and Mizuiro from Bleach.
Old 2009-09-02, 11:50   Link #346
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Those Two Guys... yeah.

Anyway, take over this thread:

The General Character Discussion of Haruhi Suzumiya
Old 2009-09-02, 11:50   Link #347
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Or anyone else listed here. Especially the ones from that Suzumiya Haruhi series.

*e* Bah...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-09-02, 11:52   Link #348
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Where's Asakura's discussion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Then let's make T&K thread too. They are awesome.
Sorta like Keigo and Mizuiro from Bleach.
Feel free to discuss Asakura, Taniguchi and Kunikida in the existing General Character Discussion of Haruhi Suzumiya thread.
Old 2009-09-03, 10:53   Link #349
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Could we have an Episode 13 thread now please? From what I've read elsewhere on this subforum, it's probably time to put one up.
Old 2009-09-03, 10:58   Link #350
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Thread created
Old 2009-09-05, 06:14   Link #351
EGFontanilla
Charming General Person

A "Breakdown" thread would be cool. A thread where people can breakdown certain situations in an episode in the anime (or the whole episode itself) to be able to better understand (or better infer) an episode.
Old 2009-09-05, 06:18   Link #352
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGFontanilla View Post
A "Breakdown" thread would be cool. A thread where people can breakdown certain situations in an episode in the anime (or the whole episode itself) to be able to better understand (or better infer) an episode.
The Ontology of Suzumiya Haruhi
Ontology: the branch of metaphysics that deals with the nature of being
Old 2009-09-12, 10:20   Link #353
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

We need the 2009 series overall discussion thread... such discussion is already breaking out in the 2009 ep 14 thread.
Old 2009-09-12, 20:12   Link #354
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
We need the 2009 series overall discussion thread... such discussion is already breaking out in the 2009 ep 14 thread.
I did think about this, but my current opinion (could still be influenced/changed) is that we should follow what the producers have tried to do with this re-launch and have our final overall comments once all 28-episodes have aired. Considering the 14 new episodes in isolation of the first 14 runs counter to the way they're actually airing the show (and the strategy they employed in "filling the gaps" of the story). I think we would get a broader "overall series impression" in that context.

That being said, you are right that the Episode 14 thread is derailing into "series impression" type commentary, because philosophical distinction aside, many people are choosing to see this as a "season two" no matter what the producers say.

So... I'm just going to throw this out there, but is it worth considering doing two series impression threads? One now for just the 14 new episodes, and one once the entire airing is complete for the entire 28 as presented?

Regardless, though, we always post Series Impression threads one week after the final episode airs, so no matter what the thread wouldn't be up until this coming Thursday.
Old 2009-09-12, 20:24   Link #355
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

I think the current numbering of the each episode thread kind of throws that off a bit, though, but that's just me. The new episodes for the 2009 airing are numbered 1-14, so anyone not familiar with the series would assume two seasons.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-09-12, 20:31   Link #356
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
I think the current numbering of the each episode thread kind of throws that off a bit, though, but that's just me. The new episodes for the 2009 airing are numbered 1-14, so anyone not familiar with the series would assume two seasons.
Yes, granted. We made that decision, in part, to align with the way we were listing the episodes on the main site (because that was how many fansub groups were listing it), but I know that simply adds to the confusion here. I am wondering if there's a way to reconcile it at this point as we start to consider the anime franchise overall (so far).
Old 2009-09-12, 20:36   Link #357
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
There is also the problem we don't really know, for sure, that the new content have ended already. Is very likely, but is not sure. It is the same as when the sub-forum was not moved to 'Current Series' as soon as the first new episode comes out: We were not sure that would be more. Now, we are not sure it would not be.
Old 2009-09-12, 20:41   Link #358
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
There is also the problem we don't really know, for sure, that the new content have ended already. Is very likely, but is not sure. It is the same as when the sub-forum was not moved to 'Current Series' as soon as the first new episode comes out: We were not sure that would be more. Now, we are not sure it would not be.
You are right. While I'm a very strong advocate of the "evidence strongly suggests this is all we've got for now" theory, I can't offer irrefutable proof. And you are correct that we did wait until the first episode actually aired to create the first thread, so it would be internally consistent to wait until the last episode actually airs to create the final one.

So, based on that, unless there are any strong objections, I think we should wait until the end of the re-airing to create the overall impressions thread. If people would like to start the conversation now (or continue it, because I'd prefer people not use the episode 14 thread for that anymore), they can do so in the 2009 Re-Launch Thread and, when appropriate, in the Prediction/Speculation Thread.
Old 2009-09-12, 20:46   Link #359
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Well, we probably shouldn't worry about anything until after this airing is finally over to make sure there isn't anything crazy planned.

Anyway, just to throw out some stuff to discuss should this airing end like predicted, if the titles of threads can be changed, I would first add 'no Yuutsu' to all of the ones related to TMoHS. Whatever comes after this will very likely have a new name so it'd be confusing having everything just named 'Suzumiya Haruhi' lol.

I would also suggest changing all of the episode threads to 'Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (2009)' and then list them by the 2009 episode order. I believe it's easier just to have new fans watch the 2009 order to avoid the big mess of trying to understand what episode to watch when. All they'd have to hear about is how many episode of Endless Eight to watch <_<. I'd still list the (2006) episode number at the end of the appropriate episodes, though.

For example, Melancholy I would be something like:

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (2009) - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll [(2006) - Episode 2]

I think the only other thread that would need to be changed as well would be the 2006 series impression thread, which could just have 'no Yuutsu (2006)' added in the right spot.

But that's assuming thread titles can be changed, so if not then it won't be as simple as that lol.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-09-12, 20:55   Link #360
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

If a new episode doesn't air next week, is it really necessary to wait until all the episodes of the re-airing are aired again before making the thread? No one is getting the raws from the old eps and they're not being resubbed, so why wait? Even if there are new episodes after the last of the original season one airs, those eps would fall under "season two" instead of "re-airing of season one".
Closed Thread