AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 48 34.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 36.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 22.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-16, 17:41   Link #141
LunarMoon

I'm going to rant about something that bugs me:

Honestly, I don't think that many of the explanatory comments from the Light Novel readers are really helping. They're spoiling the episodes for the people who haven't read it. So apparently I'm not feeling exactly what I'm supposed to be feeling from a scene in regard to how it was ordered in the light novel? Well, what if the sequence was being ordered differently in the anime? What if the viewer was supposed to have doubts about Kiritsugu's loyalty until something was revealed in a later episode? If so, you can pat yourself on the back because you've just spoiled if for the first-time viewers.

I really wish the novel readers would stop bringing their experience from the book into these anime discussions; 95% of the time it never ends well and they end up revealing major plot points under the idea that It Was His Sled. If I really wanted to know this stuff before seeing it in the anime, then I would take 5 seconds to Google it.
LunarMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 17:45   Link #142
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailong View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to light novel:
Spoiler for Comparison to light novel:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-10-16 at 18:42.
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 17:47   Link #143
kakakka

Wasn't there a thread for those who have read the novel? I hope people have not forgot about that.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 18:28   Link #144
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Wasn't there a thread for those who have read the novel? I hope people have not forgot about that.
Indeed, and we have said over and over and over that the anything related to what's going to happen based on the novels must not be discussed in episode threads. I honestly don't know why this is apparently so darn difficult, but we will continue to enforce this rule with infractions and bans for people who can't keep their mouths shut.

Comparing what already was shown to the way it was presented in the novels is only permissible behind spoiler tags, and again, you must not in any way hint at future content.
Old 2011-10-16, 19:04   Link #145
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

I still think that's stupid though. I don't watch to click through multiple pages of all spoiler tagged discussion. Watch the episode, discuss the episode. If there's something that's unexplained in the episode, maybe it'll be explained later. If not and there are questions about it, its not hard to find the appropriate thread to ask it in.

About the episode: the part with all the assassins was pretty cool. I knew he wouldn't be out of it that easily. Alexander is also hilarious. He'll probably play a minor roll in the overall story, but he's a pretty great guy. "This Clinton guy..."

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 19:08   Link #146
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
I still think that's stupid though. I don't watch to click through multiple pages of all spoiler tagged discussion. Watch the episode, discuss the episode. If there's something that's unexplained in the episode, maybe it'll be explained later. If not and there are questions about it, its not hard to find the appropriate thread to ask it in.
I too would prefer that most conversation related to the novels be directed to one of the novel threads, but comparisons that are specifically related to the content shown in this episode are not necessarily off-topic, and the current spoiler policy does permit it behind spoiler tags. If we want to change the spoiler policy at some point, that could be proposed, but for now at least having the spoiler tags will help people know what posts they can skip if they don't want to take any risks.
Old 2011-10-16, 19:59   Link #147
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Boy am I lucky that all of those spoiler posts were fixed, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
This.

I confess that I haven't found the BGM particularly noticable either, but that's only because there's been little oppurtunity for it.
Things are still pretty low key so I think that's why the music is the way it is. It was fantastic at the end of episode one and I have faith in Kajiura.
Old 2011-10-16, 20:20   Link #148
Hikari no Clover

this may be a bit off topic, here is a picture i took this year in nagasaki, japan.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-16, 21:05   Link #149
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

You've been there! You are lucky.

And the Masters who lose go to the church for protection as they are a neutral party (supposed to be at least, haha) who watch over the war. Some Masters may want to kill them to prevent them from interfering in the future.
Old 2011-10-16, 23:27   Link #150
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I think it will. In fact, I'll bet my money if only Sousuke Sagara from FMP is a master or (better yet) a servant in this grail war, he'll snipe out all the other servants dead in no time with his collection of firearms.
I just had a stupid grin on my face when I read this.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 23:55   Link #151
chibipicpic

A bit of a tangent, but since there are dissenters of the anime's rendition of the LN...

Because so many of us have read all or part of the LN before watching this, it's inevitable that we're going to compare the LN and the anime. However, as we all know with anything translated into another medium, some things work better than others. The anime already has to put in a ton of exposition just to set up the basics just so things make sense. And you forget...a lot of the depth of the characters are not done by action or dialogue, which unfortunately is the bulk of this medium. For instance, with the scene with Kiritsugu and Maiya, when Kiritsugu mentions Illya, that was something that could be visually displayed. A lot of other emotions can't or may come off as a bit hokey, but there will be more opportunities to display more depth in a different way. And in defense of the anime, it's not as if the LN is as condensed as it could be. This is more of me as a writer talking, and I'm more sensitive to this than other people, so it bothers me more. The author does go off onto exposition tangents that could be much more concise and be just as powerful. The LN is the original, but it's not perfect either. So this is what the anime creators have to work with, better or worse.

It's the same with Fate/Stay Night. I hear so many people complain about the anime for various reasons. But among other things...look what they had to work with! To call even one route massive is an understatement. So, again, they did what they could with what they had, tried to tell a cohesive story with it, and if people feel dedicated enough, they can read the original. However for the sake of people who aren't familiar with Fate/Stay Night, I would recommend the anime because, one, by the time you finish reading even one route of the VN, Fate/Zero will probably be over, and two, you will be bored to tears if you think the Fate/Zero anime is moving slowly.

I have faith in the Fate/Zero anime. They have done a wonderful job thus far, and I look forward to how they show their talents in the action scenes--the next one is sure to be full of it!
chibipicpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 00:01   Link #152
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibipicpic View Post
It's the same with Fate/Stay Night. I hear so many people complain about the anime for various reasons. But among other things...look what they had to work with! To call even one route massive is an understatement.
I agree with what you said previously, but that part was sort of weird: just for your instance, DEEN merged portions of all 3 routes in FSN anime adaptation. They could adapt Fate route with really moderate/insignificant cut (while UBW is a different matter)
Quote:
So, again, they did what they could with what they had, tried to tell a cohesive story with it, and if people feel dedicated enough, they can read the original. However for the sake of people who aren't familiar with Fate/Stay Night, I would recommend the anime because, one, by the time you finish reading even one route of the VN, Fate/Zero will probably be over, and two, you will be bored to tears if you think the Fate/Zero anime is moving slowly.
That's a huge overstatement: Fate route requires like what... 10-15 hours? assuming you read it really at your leisure, like 1h per day, you are nowhere near to have Zero anime done, by the time you finish that route.
In fact, even reading all 3 routes would be possible, especially since Zero's second season will air much later in 2012.
Old 2011-10-17, 00:12   Link #153
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@mods: Is there any chance to change that annoying rule about anime/LN comparison within spoiler tags? What's its point... they are not anime spoilers to begin with I skipped 10-15 posts in fear that they were spoilers about the rest of novel, until I saw a mod posting his, and I am very interested in the LN-readers' opinion

@Forsaken_Infinity: Mate, if you rate this episode as painful (1), what would rate Naruto or Bleach original crap #566543 with... -100
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 04:49   Link #154
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

So unfair, the judge of the war is helping a participant like that.

Kirei should not be allowed to be protected like that since he did not really had his servant killed.

If all the participant go to live at the church then the war will be never ending isn't it.
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 05:38   Link #155
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaLideaL View Post
So unfair, the judge of the war is helping a participant like that.
Welcome to the 4th Holy Grail war. Fairness doesn't exist here.
Old 2011-10-17, 05:41   Link #156
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Things are still pretty low key so I think that's why the music is the way it is. It was fantastic at the end of episode one and I have faith in Kajiura.
Personally i found the score at it's best during this episode. Especially that piece used during Lancer and Saber's scene at the end.
Old 2011-10-17, 06:37   Link #157
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
So I finally got to check out episode three. Loved it!

The chemistry between Irisviel and Saber is amazing, I enjoyed all of their interactions this episode, and it really built up Saber as the powerful character she was always meant to be (which DEEN did so terribly).

Glad they introduced Lancer - really looking forward to how the fight goes down between them. I'm presuming it won't be a fight to the death despite what Lancer said - it's too soon for that.

My biggest comment to have on this episode was Rider. I'm a big fan of GAR, so I loved Rider in the first couple of episodes, but this episode something felt a little off about him. It took me some thinking to realize what I didn't like about him, and I finally think I figured it out.

EDIT- Nevermind!

Otherwise, another great ep.

Last edited by Rethice; 2011-10-17 at 06:43. Reason: Just realised spoilers aren't even allowed in spoiler tags.
Rethice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 07:43   Link #158
kitten320

Not much action, mostly dialog heavy but I still enjoyed especially Saber's and Irisviel's. Seriously, this Saber makes me understand why so many people like her, even I start to have soft spot for her. And she looks aweasome in suit! I really hope that they won't ruin her like F/SN series did. I really lost all interest in her there.

Nice to see Lancer in the picture, loved the background music.

A bit confused about the whole kiss scene though, were thay together in the past or something?

I'm suprised by the number of assasins Kirie has! How is it even possible? Isn't there suppoused to be only one servant? It looks like whole army was summouned!
Old 2011-10-17, 10:07   Link #159
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
@mods: Is there any chance to change that annoying rule about anime/LN comparison within spoiler tags? What's its point... they are not anime spoilers to begin with I skipped 10-15 posts in fear that they were spoilers about the rest of novel, until I saw a mod posting his, and I am very interested in the LN-readers' opinion
They are not anime spoilers, but they are novel spoilers, and when out in plain view, spoil those anime-only viewers who would like to read the novel and find out the differences (and possibly enjoy the potential surprises) themselves in future without getting spoiled now.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 11:06   Link #160
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
There are several reasons for this:
1) As larethian stated, comparisons with original source is not always welcome and can be a big deal for those who want to check it afterwards

2) In few occasions, such discussions can be extremely lengthy and detailed to the point it may derail/disrupt the flow of the episode discussion too much

3) De facto, spoilers cannot be posted in any episode thread. Ergo, spoiler tags that aren't deal by moderators mean that the said content is either 1) prior subs, 2) comparison, 3) picture.

This is also the reason why we insist people to actually use a -label- for their spoiler tags.