AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 5 6.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 17.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 36.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 14.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 13.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 4.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-23, 03:43   Link #41
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's starting to feel disheartening to watch the series after seeing so many complaints on each episode.
Feels like a Komari is prepared to be stoned every time a new episode is released.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-10-23, 14:34   Link #42
Mcfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It's starting to feel disheartening to watch the series after seeing so many complaints on each episode.
Feels like a Komari is prepared to be stoned every time a new episode is released.
People bitch about everything. That's part of free speech. I look forward to it every week (I read the VN), and although some stuff could have been done better, I'm liking it so far! People are critical towards it mostly because they want it to capture what made the VN so good.
Old 2012-10-23, 15:27   Link #43
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfart View Post
People bitch about everything. That's part of free speech. I look forward to it every week (I read the VN), and although some stuff could have been done better, I'm liking it so far! People are critical towards it mostly because they want it to capture what made the VN so good.
I think people are critical of it because VN readers gave it a lot of hype, and it's "not delivering". What they fail to take into consideration is that it isn't meant to be done in short segments every week, but rather longer periods in one sitting. Or, at the very least, shorter breaks between "sittings".

So really, of course it'll be sluggish if you take 24 weeks to finish what would otherwise perhaps only take 1 week if you did it via VN.
Old 2012-10-23, 15:42   Link #44
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I think people are critical of it because VN readers gave it a lot of hype, and it's "not delivering". What they fail to take into consideration is that it isn't meant to be done in short segments every week, but rather longer periods in one sitting. Or, at the very least, shorter breaks between "sittings".

So really, of course it'll be sluggish if you take 24 weeks to finish what would otherwise perhaps only take 1 week if you did it via VN.
I'm sorry but some of the VN players (if not most or all) are not really complaining about the story being in segments. The "not delivering" has to do with how the anime adaption handled or changed up a few scenes which made them feel flat and somewhat boring. It fails to capture that humorous spark the VN has, not to mention other things.

Obviously there are time restraints, so scenes have to be cut short, there will be consequences to that. I think the problem is with the direction failing to be creative when it's necessary to reduce certain or even edit scenes (for who knows what reason, regarding the editing i mean).
Old 2012-10-24, 12:43   Link #45
GDB

I wasn't saying the VN players are complaining for those reasons. Those reasons are for those who didn't play the VN, but heard the hype from the VN players.
Old 2012-10-26, 19:58   Link #46
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 3:

It's really sad that the directors in this show don't seem to have a good grasp on how to handle Key's humor. Aside from the timing problems, quite a bit of the jokes in this show are delivered lackadaisically both in sound and visuals. It's not "springy" enough to tickle the funny bone. It's a shame too because the script for this series so far has been quite solid.

But it looks like they'll be entering a route soon, which is good. I am eager to see how this team of staff handle the more dramatic elements of the story.
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-11-05, 20:08   Link #47
kitten320

I'm having mixed feelings about the show so far. It does get me giggle but it still is kind of weird... for one it feels like if school is filled with idiots for they all act unbelievably.

Far more than in any other Key shows... At least it stands out more here for me...

Well I'll give it proper judgement when actual drama kicks in since that's where Key's work were always fun for me.
Old 2012-11-14, 03:31   Link #48
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Okay, managed to pick up the series after the minefield that is the immense criticisms of this series and I was simply captivated by Anego's beauty.

Please be my right-hand man, Anego. I would do anything.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-11-14, 03:35   Link #49
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Congrats, you have stumbled upon the best character thus far. And she is definitely umm very gifted with good looks and figure. Otherwise, I would not still be watching.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-11-14, 11:42   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Anego is also one of my main reason to keep watching. I can't wait for her arc. It better do her justice.
Old 2013-03-29, 09:07   Link #51
s07195
However,

Anego seems to be quite a different character from the rest of the cast so far, but I'm liking her.
The episode was kinda stale, since the jokes this episode seem to have been a bit of a miss for me. Did like the fight though, love how Masato keeps getting joke weapons. Though aren't the rest of the Little Busters gonna fight too? And Kurugaya stole the sword....

Well, I'll definitely be watching the next episode anyways, so hope the humor gets better.