AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2006-08-16, 02:59   Link #201
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Or they can eat a pound of plastic explosive, and all he has to do is hope to get a seat next to the wing.

All you need now is a detentor, maybe sunglasses with a switch. Or orchestrate someone to dial a number shortly after take off.

Seriously these attempts to make screen people going on a plane, are probably just to instill fear into populace. *These screens I bet arent more effective than current procedures...*
You could say its a way for the party in power to make "the people" believe they need to screen everyone.

Only way to combat terrorism is simple make the world a happier place to live on.
Of course the U.S. doesnt believe in that route, they rather go in someone elses country and stress the populace. That in turn make them hate the U.S. even more.

If there were no bad enviroments there would be no bad people.
Seriously... when will an American Polition make that case?
Probably never, since they care about getting power and keeping it.
Frighting the whole country is an effective way of doing that.

I am tired of hearing of these half solutions to combat the problem...
If they can be called half solutions even...

United Leecher Front.

Save your Love ones from Disease.
Folding@Home Team Animesuki
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 03:55   Link #202
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurz
Or they can eat a pound of plastic explosive, and all he has to do is hope to get a seat next to the wing.

All you need now is a detentor, maybe sunglasses with a switch. Or orchestrate someone to dial a number shortly after take off.
The plastic explosive would have to be wired. That would probably set off the metal detectors. I was thinking the dynamite could be detonated with a traditional fuse. A match could be included, just wrap in plastic. Although, now that I think about it, I've gone through metal detectors in airports with my watch on, and that didn't set them off, so...

Quote:
Seriously these attempts to make screen people going on a plane, are probably just to instill fear into populace. *These screens I bet arent more effective than current procedures...*
You could say its a way for the party in power to make "the people" believe they need to screen everyone.
Yes I completely agree with that. If they were really serious, they'd spend money on security technology like that thing that can detect trace amounts of explosives, rather than virtual strip searches.

Quote:
Only way to combat terrorism is simple make the world a happier place to live on.
Of course the U.S. doesnt believe in that route, they rather go in someone elses country and stress the populace. That in turn make them hate the U.S. even more.

If there were no bad enviroments there would be no bad people.
Seriously... when will an American Polition make that case?
Probably never, since they care about getting power and keeping it.
Frighting the whole country is an effective way of doing that.

I am tired of hearing of these half solutions to combat the problem...
If they can be called half solutions even...
I'm not sure that would actually eliminate terrorism, but it would certainly do more to decrease it than tapping everyone's phones and putting pointless security measures in place at airports. If we took the hundreds of billions we've spent on the war in Iraq, and used it to promote education in muslim nations, we'd probably have eliminated much of the support for al qaeda by now. But no, blowing things up is more fun.
Old 2006-08-16, 04:06   Link #203
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

It is like in the cold war Kurz. But since terrorists fight an asymetrical war, the race of arms is more visible to the commoner.
The western world is already so horrified, that terrorism became very easy. There is no need anymore for real attacks. They've just to pretend there will be an attack and everything goes defcon red. Usually the measures taken, will incredibly affect the freedom of western civilisation.
There is a call for measures that'ld be right fitting in a police state, but those people in power, who decide upon these procedures often forget how dangerous and two edged the methods are.
And honestly, if there wasn't a crisis anywhere in the world, the mighty arms industry will collapse. I'ld not be too surprised if arms industry is lobbying for politicians or parties prone for a profitable crisis somewhere in the world.

@Kamui4356,

Usually such "metallic" wires are used in Hollywood movies. In reality you'ld use a plastic fuse coated with a fast burning explosive.
Old 2006-08-16, 05:17   Link #204
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin
@Kamui4356,

Usually such "metallic" wires are used in Hollywood movies. In reality you'ld use a plastic fuse coated with a fast burning explosive.
When I say wired I don't literally mean wires. If the bomb is inserted in someone's abdomen, it would require a remote detonator. That would involve some form of circuitry, which would contain metal. But, like I said, my watch didn't set it off, so something like that probably wouldn't either. A terrorist would probably know the exact amount of metal that would set off a detector at a given airport, and just use less.

Not to mention, they wouldn't even have to get on a plane. A bomb going off in a line for the security checkpoint would kill quite a few people. Not much you can do about that, except have more security checkpoints to get smaller lines, but that would really require designing the terminal like that from the beginning.
Old 2006-08-16, 06:15   Link #205
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurz

Or just give the passengers a Dell.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...s/15282028.htm
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 07:10   Link #206
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
Or just give the passengers a Dell.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...s/15282028.htm
LOL... I actually saw an internet article printout about a Dell laptop bursting into flames at a particular convention. However, since it looked unverified and was given to me by a computer salesman pimping his shop's brand, I really couldnt take it seriously. And still dont.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 09:49   Link #207
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
LOL... I actually saw an internet article printout about a Dell laptop bursting into flames at a particular convention. However, since it looked unverified and was given to me by a computer salesman pimping his shop's brand, I really couldnt take it seriously. And still dont.
You mean this incident, http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32550 ?
Btw under www.dellbatteryprogram.com, you can check if you're affected ^^.
Funnily it seems that it is actually sony batteries, that is causing trouble.
...waiting for my psp to explode ^_-
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 12:13   Link #208
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides
You mean this incident, http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32550 ?
Btw under www.dellbatteryprogram.com, you can check if you're affected ^^.
Funnily it seems that it is actually sony batteries, that is causing trouble.
...waiting for my psp to explode ^_-
LOL yes! Thats the one. WTH, I had to LOL at the title of the following article

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=21100
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 16:12   Link #209
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Sadly because of the terrorist plot foiled in britain. No one can carry anything on board a plane now. Everything must be stow away in the plane's belly.

Still my Mom made me take the batteries out've all the laptops in the house.
I only use it for a few mins when I need to move the computer around.

United Leecher Front.

Save your Love ones from Disease.
Folding@Home Team Animesuki
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 16:59   Link #210
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
When I say wired I don't literally mean wires. If the bomb is inserted in someone's abdomen, it would require a remote detonator. That would involve some form of circuitry, which would contain metal. But, like I said, my watch didn't set it off, so something like that probably wouldn't either. A terrorist would probably know the exact amount of metal that would set off a detector at a given airport, and just use less.

Not to mention, they wouldn't even have to get on a plane. A bomb going off in a line for the security checkpoint would kill quite a few people. Not much you can do about that, except have more security checkpoints to get smaller lines, but that would really require designing the terminal like that from the beginning.
If I was a terrorist I'ld use a chemical reaction to detonate the explosives. For example something that reacts with alcohol. Then again, drinking alcohol would be against the laws of koran/sharia but so is suicide bombing.

btw. Kurz I wanted to ask you this (but forgot about it very fast)... is it really Gao (sound for the ages)? I heard of Goa but never of Gao.
Old 2006-08-16, 18:36   Link #211
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin
If I was a terrorist I'ld use a chemical reaction to detonate the explosives. For example something that reacts with alcohol.
That would be Mel Gibson.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...006029,00.html
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 11:02   Link #212
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Stove powered by USB connectors

Believe it or not!?

From Anime News Service
Quote:
In the WTF file, an intrepid Japanese computer geek has devised a way to roast meat on stove powered by USB connectors. In the past someone had fired an egg with 2.5W of electric power coming through 1 port. Six USB expansion cards each containing five ports were hooked together and their combied 30 ports were used for this experiment. 75W of electric power was generated. The actual heating device used was a modified cup warmer. The pictures at the link have to be seen to be believed.
Bibliography.
http://xe.bz/aho/24/
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 21:33   Link #213
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
Gropers home in on guys

There was a thread on women getting grouped on Japanese trains here before, well, now they got more problems.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 21:39   Link #214
Rin-Sama
Banned

Odd news but also sad news.

A man in south eastern Oragon last week found his wife in bed with another man.
The dude was a Veitnam vet and he had a one shot rocket launcher that he brought home with him as a suvanier. And when he found his wife in bed with the man he shot them both with the rocket launcher and blew them both to pieces. The man is now facing 2 life sentences in jail.
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 14:20   Link #215
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Hitler Restaurant to Change Name

BOMBAY, India - The owner of a restaurant named after Adolf Hitler said Thursday he will change its name because it angered so many people.

Puneet Sablok said he would remove Hitler's name and the Nazi swastika from billboards and the menu. He had said the restaurant's name — "Hitler's Cross" — and symbols were only meant to attract attention.

Sablok made the decision after meeting with members of Bombay's small Jewish community.
The restaurant next door, Stalin's House of Pancakes is still open and reporting brisk business. However, Pol Pot's BBQ Steak House isn't fairing so well.

Seriously though, it amazes me how anyone could not know who Hitler really was. I mean you can say it's because these nations weren't directly effected by ww2, but still...
Old 2006-08-24, 15:24   Link #216
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
That's quite strange now. Naming your restraunts after famous people like that. Simon Cowell mental practices ^_^.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 15:38   Link #217
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Pluto demoted to dwarf

Pluto's is no longer a planet, after the International Astronomical Union meeting officially ratified its proposed redefinition draft today.

IAU's official and ultimate definition for planets and dwarf planets as of August 24th, 2005:
Quote:
A "planet" (1) is a celestial body that: (a) is in orbit around the Sun, (b) has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibrium (nearly round) shape, and (c) has cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit.
A "dwarf planet" (2) is a celestial body that: (a) is in orbit around the Sun, (b) has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibrium (nearly round) shape, (c) has not cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit, and (d) is not a satellite.
All other objects (3) orbiting the Sun shall be referred to collectively as "Small Solar System Bodies".
This leaves our Solar System with 8 official, full-fledged planets: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.

I'm starting to feel nostalgic since humanity over the course of 75 years grew accustomed to the knowledge of 9 celestial planetary bodies orbiting around the Sun.

BIBLIOGRAPHY
a. SFGate.com - Pluto demoted, no longer considered a true planet

b. Wikipedia - 2006 redefinition of planet
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 08:17   Link #218
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
Woman crashes when teaching dog to drive

Quote:
BEIJING - A woman in Hohhot, the capital of north China's Inner Mongolia region, crashed her car while giving her dog a driving lesson, the official Xinhua News Agency said Monday.
No injuries were reported although both vehicles were slightly damaged, it said.
The woman, identified only be her surname, Li, said her dog "was fond of crouching on the steering wheel and often watched her drive," according to Xinhua.
"She thought she would let the dog 'have a try' while she operated the accelerator and brake," the report said. "They did not make it far before crashing into an oncoming car."
Xinhua did not say what kind of dog or vehicles were involved but Li paid for repairs.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 14:57   Link #219
4BiddenKnight

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...inese_lessons/ (Press [READ] for more)

Wouldn't it be funny to see LeBron speak chinese?
4BiddenKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 19:20   Link #220
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakaki
Proof that stupidity crosses all borders. I mean what was she thinking?

Tags
humor