AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-22, 23:56   Link #301
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I'm wondering if the "Order" thread should either be closed or renamed to reflect the 2006 airing to help reduce the confusion of it having anything to do with the 2009 airing...

Old 2009-06-25, 10:51   Link #302
M.Marangio

Request for a new episode thread.
The third new episode started airing a few minutes ago.
Old 2009-06-27, 13:00   Link #303
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Request a thread for "The Ontology of Suzumiya Haruhi II"

I've written down everything I could of the new opening.
Old 2009-07-02, 10:10   Link #304
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Do we need the episode 4 thread yet?

Old 2009-07-02, 10:18   Link #305
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I'm wondering if the "Order" thread should either be closed or renamed to reflect the 2006 airing to help reduce the confusion of it having anything to do with the 2009 airing...

Any suggestion on how the renaming should reflect the 2009 airing? After all, 2006 ordering made sense once the series concluded. I suppose we can close the thread, but I'm also interested to find out if anyone can provide an alternative suggestion.
Old 2009-07-02, 10:23   Link #306
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Any suggestion on how the renaming should reflect the 2009 airing? After all, 2006 ordering made sense once the series concluded. I suppose we can close the thread, but I'm also interested to find out if anyone can provide an alternative suggestion.
For now I did what we did with the other episodes and just manually added "(2009)" to indicate that it's the new episode 4, which is in sync with the way we (were) listing the episodes on the main site.
Old 2009-07-02, 10:31   Link #307
monir
cho~ kakkoii

The approach makes sense to me!
Old 2009-07-09, 19:18   Link #308
stubby42

I'm not exactly sure where to put my question because I feel that its inappropriate to put it in the Q and A topic because it relates specifically to the genderbending of Haruhi but I also feel that it's kind of off topic from what is being discussed.

I dont really know how to explain this so it might end up being a bit rambly so sorry about that but here goes.

I was wondering what would generally be considered the first design for the genderbent cast that are recognisable as the designs in common use today?

For about the last year I've basically been emersed in internet theory studying everything from how information flows on the net to how projects like wikipedia actually work which conecided with my watching of Haruhi and the discovery of this website.

What facinates me about the genderbending project are two observations, one the re writing of the novels is one of the rare examples of the production of a book being crowdsourced (Taking a task normally done by a designated individual in this case an author and giving the task to a large group of people in the form of an open call) people have theoriesed about it being possible but its never actually been done.

I'd also be interested to see if contributions to the project followed a power law distribution, where the top 10% of contributors provide 90% of the contributions.

The second observation being that in terms of the fan art it appears to be an example of collective intelligence.

What I mean by that is according to convention wisdom, if a group of artists distributed throughout the world with little to no contact is asked to take a specified character from one tv show then draw them in the opposite sex there should be as many different interpitations as there are artists.

but there isnt, theres one character design that is the approved design and any deviation is wrong.

Why did that happen? I've not really been around long enough to add real insights into this occurance having other members of the community shed some light on how the project developed in its infancy (assuming those members are still around) would really help me shed some light on how collective intelligence works.

As you can see the topic of discussion is more about how the project functions rather than actually writing it.
Old 2009-07-10, 05:13   Link #309
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
*snip*
...Read the Genderbending thread?
Old 2009-07-10, 06:18   Link #310
stubby42

That doesnt help me find out what the earliest images are and I'm assuming theres a difference between the various groups working on the project such as the english language group and that japanese group.
Old 2009-07-10, 06:24   Link #311
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
For that, I think you may need to search one of the booru sites... Any images from over a year and a half ago would be the earliest.

However, this is not a discussion topic. This would have been better off in either the GB Image thread, the main GB thread or, yes, the Q&A thread.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-06, 07:26   Link #312
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
It's usually here before I get to work, but I'm requesting a thread for Episode 9.

Also, balls.
Old 2009-08-09, 01:13   Link #313
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Due to the delicate nature of its backstory, I suggest a new thread for "The Disappearance of Yuki Nagato" manga (it could probably be named as such). It is a spin-off, but it has deep roots in some very spoilery parts of Volume 4, so discussion would not be ideal in the Spin Off thread. Similarly, it is not "canon", so discussion in the Spoiler thread may be unwelcome by some.

Alternately a laxation of any spoiler rules in the Spin Off thread (with ample warning) could suffice.
Old 2009-08-09, 01:18   Link #314
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I think we're going to have to wait until access to the second part is available before that happens.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-08-09, 01:28   Link #315
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Like Kotegetsu said, it would be a good idea wait for more chapters. Besides, As I've said before, Yuki-chan is only spoiler for who knows
Spoiler:

I hightly doubt it has anything we can speculate about the cnnon story, since it is not writen by the original Haruhi creator.
Old 2009-08-09, 04:07   Link #316
brocko

^ It is being based upon that same universe somewhat. So there could be some similiarities that could lead to spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Due to the delicate nature of its backstory, I suggest a new thread for "The Disappearance of Yuki Nagato" manga (it could probably be named as such). It is a spin-off, but it has deep roots in some very spoilery parts of Volume 4, so discussion would not be ideal in the Spin Off thread. Similarly, it is not "canon", so discussion in the Spoiler thread may be unwelcome by some.

Alternately a laxation of any spoiler rules in the Spin Off thread (with ample warning) could suffice.
Just wanted to add a little message to the Mods. Seeing as though i have the first post of the Spin-Off thread, feel free to edit whatever you want, however you want, as you see fit to it. (Although i have a feeling you would've done so anyway, even if i hadn't said anything )

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2009-08-20, 10:34   Link #317
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Episode 11 thread?
Old 2009-08-20, 23:33   Link #318
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferied View Post
Or begging for individual character discussion threads for SOS団 members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Sounds like a good idea, but with the show finished for over a year, I don't think that those threads will be relevant now...

When the second season starts, however, I'm all for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Very true. Once the new season starts then I'm sure we will consider such a request.
So, now that the "new" season is in progress, can we have these threads (plus a generic character thread for the other characters)?

Spoiler for Thread title suggestions:

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2009-08-21 at 16:27. Reason: Added sample first posts
Old 2009-08-25, 17:00   Link #319
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Well, if we continue like that the new 'season' will end before the addition of the new treads...

Thwy can or cann't be open?

PP:
Why only Itsuki got an animated gift? Also, this shot of Yuki is horrible ^^;

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-08-25 at 17:33.
Old 2009-08-25, 19:44   Link #320
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I foresee a lot of problems arising with the Nagato one...
Closed Thread