AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2011-10-10, 11:08   Link #2141
Xander

I imagine that picture is meant as fanservice for Cornelia fans in general, period, rather than trying to aim for the admittedly quite insignificant number of Cornelia x Lelouch shippers out there. There's no lack of incest in Code Geass, but those two were never really on good terms.

Regarding the Code Geass Gaiden characters, this doesn't tell us anything new about Akito and Layla, other than suggesting their possible romance may not necessarily be a smooth affair. I might be reading too much into Akito's expression though.

But the other girl...she looks alright and clearly belongs to the same EU unit. However, in terms of speculation, what they might be trying to do with her raises a couple of questions: Is she Britannian or otherwise related to Lelouch?

While Fall 2012 wouldn't be the end of the world, we still don't know an official air date or even a timeslot for this.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 08:28   Link #2142
rinichan

this is director Akane's expertise, romance. expect more fan teasing action than the last CG anime. This is gonna be a joyful ride.
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 20:52   Link #2143
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post
this is director Akane's expertise, romance. expect more fan teasing action than the last CG anime. This is gonna be a joyful ride.
I hope so!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 09:47   Link #2144
darthfury78

Quote:
It would be a first since the last CG didn't have any actual romantic development at all among the characters, despite the producers saying that the romance was moved to the second season because they wanted to concentrate on establishing to role of the Black Knights during the first season. Instead, we saw the development of the UFN, which was essentially the expansion of the Black Knights on a global scale. Thus, in my mind, Code Geass R2 was a repeat of ideas from the first season in many ways.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 11:03   Link #2145
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Dear Lord, the complaining about R2 never ends. It can pop up in pretty much any topic. It's been years, people. Look to the future already.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 13:08   Link #2146
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
I didnt read everthing but I'm interested!

What is this gaiden about? C.C's past?
Old 2011-10-17, 13:47   Link #2147
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
I didnt read everthing but I'm interested!

What is this gaiden about? C.C's past?
It was announced more than a year ago and you haven't heard a thing?

Anyway - no, it's a spin-off, takes place in Europe in 2017 - somewhere between the beginning of R1 and R2
Old 2011-10-17, 14:53   Link #2148
Xander

Here's another bit of news:

The official Japanese website has just announced the re-release of each season in two new sets, which will be available on January 27th (for the first season) and February 24th (for R2) of 2012. What makes this interesting is that each set will include a 32 page booklet and, more importantly, a new promotional video for Code Geass Gaiden. Yes, there's some new box art too, but...I don't particularly care about that.

More details here:

http://www.geass.jp/dvd.html?pid=dvd...ction_box.html
Old 2011-10-18, 01:26   Link #2149
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainCharacter View Post
Dear Lord, the complaining about R2 never ends. It can pop up in pretty much any topic. It's been years, people. Look to the future already.
I agree. What's done is done. The producers got the story that they wanted to tell, despite the flaws to the second season. The problem was that no one among the production staff or Sunrise(for that matter) ever expected Code Geass to be as successful as it was. It caught everyone off-guard. I don't think that the folks who take out a license to do the Code Geass fanservice know what they're doing. For instance, the pairings between Cornelia x Lelouch and Lelouch x Marianne never made any sense. Lelouch x Milly does, in addition to Lelouch x Kallen.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 05:11   Link #2150
rinichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
It was announced more than a year ago and you haven't heard a thing?

Anyway - no, it's a spin-off, takes place in Europe in 2017 - somewhere between the beginning of R1 and R2
sorry its no spin off.
its part of the original cg timeline. so its canon.
Old 2011-10-20, 05:18   Link #2151
konart

Quote:
sorry its no spin off.
its part of the original cg timeline. so its canon.
Quote:
In media, a spin-off, sometimes called a sidequel, is a radio program, television program, video game, or any narrative work, derived from one or more already existing works, that focuses, in particular, in more detail on one aspect of that original work (e.g. a particular topic, character, or event).
- wiki

It's part of the original cg timeline, but focuses on different characters. That is why it is called spin off. Just like Gundam SEED Astray for example
Old 2011-10-20, 07:12   Link #2152
rinichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
- wiki

It's part of the original cg timeline, but focuses on different characters. That is why it is called spin off. Just like Gundam SEED Astray for example
so what you call nightmare of nunnally and the others theyre the real spin off.

sorry but spin off is not the word for this.

so r2 is spinoof then? its not original anymore, is this what you imply?

ah ok its spin-off. but i dont think again thats the proper name for this.
Old 2011-10-20, 10:26   Link #2153
konart

Quote:
so what you call nightmare of nunnally and the others theyre the real spin off.

sorry but spin off is not the word for this.

so r2 is spinoof then? its not original anymore, is this what you imply?

ah ok its spin-off. but i dont think again thats the proper name for this.
NoN can't be a spin off - it takes place in completely different universe.
Spin-off is basically the story that derives from original. It can be canon or non canon.

Quote:
so r2 is spinoof then?
Are trolling me?
Old 2011-10-21, 03:44   Link #2154
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
It was said that the romance was to be transferred over to Code Geass R2 initially. However, I would assume that the romance would have been in place if the show kept its late-night timespot. Since the second season was changed, the romance was dropped from the story. Overall, I agree that Code Geass never focused on the romantic development of the characters. And they did kill off Suzaku's love interest and killed off Lelouch's love interest as well.
With the exception of Ohgi and Villetta, of course. Not that I'm bitter.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 18:19   Link #2155
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet. The logo and the official English title for the new series was revealed in the Code Geass 2012 Calender.

Code Geass - Akito the Exiled

Original source:
http://oreno.imouto.org/post/show/19...la_-code_geass
http://oreno.imouto.org/post/show/19...akito-shimamur
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 18:28   Link #2156
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Anyone know the name of the new girl character?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 18:41   Link #2157
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Not revealed yet, but we should be getting more information in November, probably in the various anime magazines. So another week or so of waiting.
Old 2011-10-31, 20:23   Link #2158
Lost Cause

So they changed it from 'Akito of the Ruined Nation' to "Akito the Exiled'? Wonder what else they've changed?
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 21:38   Link #2159
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
So they changed it from 'Akito of the Ruined Nation' to "Akito the Exiled'? Wonder what else they've changed?
No, they didn't change the title. The Japanese title is the same, the series never had an official English title until now. The logo is also new.

As for what else was changed, some minor staff elements have changed since the initial announcement years ago. Originally the screenplay was credited to Shigeru Morita, but since then a much more recent staff list has indicated that the director Kazuki Akane is also in charge of the series composition, the the screenplays are now credited to Miya Asakawa. Shigeru Morita may no longer be involved with the project.

The rest of the staff remain unchanged from the initial announcement.
Old 2011-11-01, 00:02   Link #2160
Xander

That's actually quite interesting, thanks for the information. The title "Code Geass: Akito the Exiled" doesn't sound too bad...even if it does move away from the original format (for example: Lelouch of the Rebellion vs. Lelouch the Rebel).

If those staff changes are all confirmed to be true, then I suppose this makes me a bit more optimistic about the potential quality of this project, because it would mean that Kazuki Akane is taking this very seriously as a creator. In addition, Shigeru Morita doesn't really have a great writing record, to be honest, so his involvement was always a risky gamble. Miya Asakawa seems like a better option in comparison and also has the benefit of having worked with Akane in the past.

Tags
drama, mecha