AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-06, 06:24   Link #1
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Moshidora (TV)

I didn't find any thread for this show, so here we go. An adaptation of the popular business novel Moshidora will air on NHK starting March 2011.

Synopsis taken from ANN:

Quote:
The 2009 novel, whose title has been translated as What If a Female Manager of a High School Baseball Team Read Drucker's "Management"?, centers around a high school girl named Minami Kawashima who becomes the baseball team manager at Tokyo's Hodokubo High School. Minami accidentally buys Management: Tasks, Responsibilities, Practices — a classic productivity guide by the Austrian-American management guru Peter Drucker — and uses it to rally her dispirited team.

Official website:
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/anime/moshidora/

Staff:

Animation production: Produciton I.G
Director: Hamana Takyuki (Prince of Tennis, Library Wars)
Series composition: Fujisaku Junichi

Cast:

Hikasa Youko as Kawashima Minami
Hanazawa Kana as Miyata Yuki

Spoiler for Novel cover:

Spoiler for Novel PV:

And a little promo:

Old 2010-12-06, 08:31   Link #2
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

I really wonder how they are going to animate this. This is a huge best-seller, probably the biggest one in 2010. (*ignoring one piece.)
Old 2010-12-06, 13:24   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

To be honest, I have no idea what to expect. The target audience is apparently people in their 30-40s, so this ought to be a little different from what we're used to seeing. It seems like it'll be serious business (management). I'm not getting that vibe from the PV though
Old 2010-12-06, 13:59   Link #4
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
I certainly like the character designs. Youko-chan and Kana-chan are very genki and kawaii. Business novel? Huge best-seller? Target audience 30-40s? The promo also flogs Drucker's book itself.

Intriguing.
Old 2010-12-06, 15:06   Link #5
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
kana-chan and youko-chan have a great chemistry so it's great to see them work together again.
Old 2010-12-09, 15:28   Link #6
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The director and writer did Beast Player Erin together. Hikasa Youko is starring. The concept is smart. Learning about management is fascinating. I am all over this show. The only thing wrong with it is that it doesn't start until March.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 16:42   Link #7
Simon
気持ち悪い

Taishō Yakyū Musume meets Hataraki Man? OK, maybe not, but add me to the "intrigued enough to give it a try" list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
This is a huge best-seller, probably the biggest one in 2010. (*ignoring one piece.)
Yep, it topped Oricon's annual rankings with 1.2M copies sold. Which is about half the sales of a single One Piece volume, but then the two formats aren't exactly comparable.
Old 2010-12-09, 17:09   Link #8
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Oh I recall seeing something about this in the new anime thread awhile ago, altho thinking back on it I can't remember what it was about.
So it was a anime announced, thats good cause I do however remember finding it did interest me quite abit.

Oddly I've come to pay some attention to Baseball themed animes and manga, ever since Ookiku Furikabutte.
I'm not a big fan of the sport tbh, it's fun to play yea but watching it I do find a bore quite very in fact but weirdly not so much in anime or manga.

Will be keeping an eye on this.
Old 2010-12-12, 22:37   Link #9
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

It has been announced that a live-action movie based on the novel will come out in June, with Maeda Atsuko of AKB48 in her first starring role.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 10:57   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The character and Staff & cast sections of the official site have been updated.

Eeeeeh~? When I saw the little blue haired girl in the header, I was convinced she was the character voiced by Hanazawa Kana, but nope. Instead, she plays the character on the left:

She looks pretty different from the kind of characters she usually voices. I'm not complaining at all. I hope this role will allow her to display some range.
Old 2011-01-15, 11:24   Link #11
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

20-40 year old men? So this sort of classifies as Seinen?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 08:34   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
20-40 year old men? So this sort of classifies as Seinen?
Sort of? It is. I heard the original novel (yes, it's a novel, not a light novel - this is important) is pretty serious business. It deeply explores Peter Drucker's method.
Old 2011-01-16, 09:20   Link #13
Peanutbutter

If it's Hiyocchi, I'm in. Plus, the theme sounds like something I might be interested in.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 17:27   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Trailer:

And another video featuring HanaKana and Hiyocchi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI0F7hwo3JI
Old 2011-02-02, 16:09   Link #15
CWW
Lurker

Finally a promo with some actual animation. The original promo didn't really sell me and to be honest this did little to change that. The anime character designs are bland compared to the cutesy art of the novel. It's done by Production I.G, a studio I don't have a ton of faith in, and Yoko Hikasa is voicing the female lead who I am beginning to grow tired of. I'll be going in with my bar set low. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 21:12   Link #16
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

So this is basically MGT 101: The Anime? I'm a science student, so business and management is alien knowledge to me. Maybe I can learn something useful from this.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 15:14   Link #17
Raiga
tl;dr

Wow, official site says a total of 10 episodes, airing every weekday for two weeks straight. That's pretty unusual.
Old 2011-02-28, 07:47   Link #18
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

A scan from vol.131 of Megami:

4088x5942 px ; 5 MB
Old 2011-03-06, 19:57   Link #19
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Newtype
Spoiler for scans:
Old 2011-03-10, 06:05   Link #20
solomon

Wiiiiiierd man,

still relatively speaking 11 pm on General TV is a killer timeslot.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, production i.g.