AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-25, 22:33   Link #1
Narona
Emotionless White Face

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

A new zelda game was announced today. My fangirl heart is so happy
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 22:37   Link #2
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Blasted video still won't let me play it... urgh.
Old 2009-03-26, 00:52   Link #3
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Blasted video still won't let me play it... urgh.
You can check gametrailers, the game looks pretty good despite being a NDS game.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 01:04   Link #4
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
WTF!? Link's a conductor now? Who delivers letters all over Hyrule?
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 07:43   Link #5
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Maybe. I have the trailer in HD and he seems to have delivered a letter to zelda. He also have a white bird on his hat. It seems that you start the game with that outfit (Link's job outfit), and then you get the usual green outfit.

I wonder where does this episode fit in the series. Before or after wind waker (PH is after WW)

I tend to think it takes place before the flood in TWW past.

I like the music in this trailer
Old 2009-03-26, 08:32   Link #6
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Sounds like my kind of game. I love quirky games like that. I doubt that's all there is to the game though. It's probably just a side quest, like the moogle mail delivery in FFIX.
Old 2009-03-26, 10:35   Link #7
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ah-ah, 3-D... I was hoping for a 2-D Zelda... Well, I'll keep a look for now on this...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 14:25   Link #8
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Interesting... Maybe Nintendo has decided to have realistic-looking Zelda games on the consoles and cel-shaded games for the DS.

I doubt that this is a direct sequel to WW/PH; too much land. Judging by the way cannonballs were fired from the train, I suspect that it functions as the new boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ah-ah, 3-D... I was hoping for a 2-D Zelda... Well, I'll keep a look for now on this...
For aesthetic or gameplay reasons? Because when it comes to the DS, Zelda games are pretty much 2-D as far as gameplay goes, so I don't see how that could be a problem...
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 14:36   Link #9
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
For aesthetic or gameplay reasons? Because when it comes to the DS, Zelda games are pretty much 2-D as far as gameplay goes, so I don't see how that could be a problem...
Aesthetic. The characters just look... creepy... Especially Zelda (that is her, right...?)... >_>

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 16:36   Link #10
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Interesting... Maybe Nintendo has decided to have realistic-looking Zelda games on the consoles and cel-shaded games for the DS.
I still hope for a Zelda on home console with TWW's improved visuals.

Quote:
I doubt that this is a direct sequel to WW/PH; too much land. Judging by the way cannonballs were fired from the train, I suspect that it functions as the new boat.
Actually, it could:

1/ Tetra and Link in PH were searching a foreign land because they want to create a new kingdom (remember that NOT all the world is flooded in water, just the ancient Hyrule part, knows now as the Great Sea). Maybe they succeeded in finding a new Land, and it happens 5 years later or something. They might be trying to develop a new hyrule, and Trains can help when you try to develop a country. So it would be a direct sequel to PH with the same characters, just a bit older.

2/ Same as above but 100 years later. Those Link and Zelda would be descendants of Link and Tetra from PH. However it would mean that Link and Tetra didn't end up together, and I will rage

3/ It could happen 100 years later in what was the Great Sea. You should not forget why the Great Deku Tree was trying to plant trees all over the Great sea. It was to drain the water. So the Link and Zelda in this scenario would be totally new.
Old 2009-03-26, 16:37   Link #11
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually, the Great Deku Tree wasn't sending the trees out to drain the water. What he was trying to do was create new forests.
Old 2009-03-26, 16:39   Link #12
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Actually, the Great Deku Tree wasn't sending the trees out to drain the water. What he was trying to do was create new forests.
It's stated in the dialogue by the Deku Tree itself. At least in the French version from what I know. It was to drain the water.

Last edited by Narona; 2009-03-26 at 16:57.
Old 2009-03-26, 16:40   Link #13
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Nope, it's stated in the dialogue by the Deku Tree itself. At least in the Japanese and French version from what I know. It was to drain the water, because Trees drain water.
Greeeaat. Another thing left out in the American version. Blah. In that version, he only mentioned he was trying to promote the growth of new forests.
Old 2009-03-26, 16:41   Link #14
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Greeeaat. Another thing left out in the American version. Blah. In that version, he only mentioned he was trying to promote the growth of new forests.
Lemme find a youtube video about it =p Gotta be back
Old 2009-03-26, 16:48   Link #15
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
1/ Tetra and Link in PH were searching a foreign land because they want to create a new kingdom (remember that NOT all the world is flooded in water, just the ancient Hyrule part, knows now as the Great Sea). Maybe they succeeded in finding a new Land, and it happens 5 years later or something. They might be trying to develop a new hyrule, and Trains can help when you try to develop a country. So it would be a direct sequel to PH with the same characters, just a bit older.
I don't think Tetra would stand for having Link kneel to her, though. Also, that would be a lot of infrastructure to build so quickly.

Quote:
2/ Same as above but 100 years later. Those Link and Zelda would be descendants of Link and Tetra from PH. However it would mean that Link and Tetra didn't end up together, and I will rage
Ever hear of cousin-marriage? If the Link and Zelda of WW/PH were a pair of, say, the new Link and Zelda's great-grandparents, there wouldn't be much shared DNA left...

Or it could be that the new Link isn't descended from the previous Link. I think there's a line of descent from the ALttP/LA Link to the LoZ/AoL Link, but other than that, no blood connections were mentioned for the various Links.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 16:52   Link #16
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Of genetic connections, the Link from aLttP/LA is descended from Link from OoT/MM. Possibly the same with Link from Twilight Princess. Link from TWW, however, bears no such connection, and the King of Hyrule said he bore no connection to the Hero of Time.
Old 2009-03-26, 17:05   Link #17
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I don't think Tetra would stand for having Link kneel to her, though. Also, that would be a lot of infrastructure to build so quickly.
Good point about Tetra Well, there is some kind of magic users and stuff in the Zelda world, so maybe they can build infrastructures much more quicker than "irl".

TBH, I am a bit disappointed, because I wanted to see Tetra and Link again. Maybe in the next Zelda on Wii....

Quote:
Ever hear of cousin-marriage? If the Link and Zelda of WW/PH were a pair of, say, the new Link and Zelda's great-grandparents, there wouldn't be much shared DNA left...
I was thinking about that. You raise a good point. Actually, that Zelda could be a descendant of Tetra and Link from PH, and the Link in ST could be a new Link not related to the one in PH. I also try to keep in mind that even if Zelda is always named Zelda (Tetra is also a "Zelda"), we, gamers, name Link as "Link", but I guess all the Link are NOT named "Link" in Zelda history. When the games talk about the Heros of the Legend, they say "The Hero blablabla", not "The Hero named Link blablabla". So (I wonder if I make sense....), if we see the father of Zelda in ST, it could be the Link from PH, but with a name of its own (So not "link").

Quote:
Or it could be that the new Link isn't descended from the previous Link. I think there's a line of descent from the ALttP/LA Link to the LoZ/AoL Link, but other than that, no blood connections were mentioned for the various Links
The Link in TP is blood related to the Link from OoT (Child Timeline).
Old 2009-03-26, 20:08   Link #18
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I'm actually not that excited about this game despite how much I love Zelda games. Probably because I disliked Windwaker and this seems this one gives off a similar vibe.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 20:58   Link #19
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I'm actually not that excited about this game despite how much I love Zelda games. Probably because I disliked Windwaker and this seems this one gives off a similar vibe.
Have you tried Phantom Hourglass on DS? ^^
Old 2009-03-26, 21:27   Link #20
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Have you tried Phantom Hourglass on DS? ^^
Yes and that one actually enjoyed to an extent, but it still wasn't one of my favorites. I've never taken a great liking to the handheld Zeldas for some reason.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote