AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-03, 15:55   Link #21
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Anyword on if it’s gonna be random slice of life like S1 tended to be or is it gonna be more hardcore in its focus? (Hoping for the latter)…The Jazz soundtrack of Yoko Kanno alone will have me salivating..
Old 2009-06-03, 17:09   Link #22
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Didn't the first season have 2 episode arcs? It had a lot of different arcs with slice of life elements in it. I also think they took to long for them to go in the main storyline.
Old 2009-06-03, 17:14   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
Didn't the first season have 2 episode arcs? It had a lot of different arcs with slice of life elements in it. I also think they took to long for them to go in the main storyline.
There was no point in just showing us the main storyline straight away. We needed the arcs before hand as an introduction into this new undiscovered world. I for one absolutely adored all those stories.
Old 2009-06-03, 17:20   Link #24
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

I'm not saying they were all bad, but they weren't all good either imo. As for showing us the main storyline, I think they showed us a little late. Still a good watch though.
Old 2009-06-03, 18:40   Link #25
Hedd
Random Object

The plot of the first season heavily depended on the personality of the main character. Alot of the "slice of life" was to not only get you familiar with just how contractors and dolls operate but also to show just how the main characters are different then the other contractors and dolls. The intimate moments were needed to make the metaplot more impacting. Now that there's a second season, they could get to the point alot faster now that most of the audience is familiar with the contractors and dolls themselves.
Old 2009-06-03, 18:47   Link #26
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Good news are good news. Im looking forward to seeing Yin again. Then again Im sad that we (probably) wont be seeing Amber and Heis sister (she was damn cute!) in s2.
Old 2009-06-03, 19:02   Link #27
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
I'm not saying they were all bad, but they weren't all good either imo. As for showing us the main storyline, I think they showed us a little late. Still a good watch though.
I totally agree with you here...The lack of a main storyline is what made S1 feel so incomplete for me...The show had incredible production quality, Best BGMs of the season, likable characters and character designs, awesome abilities and fighting sequences, but at times it felt pointless in a way because of the lack of focus...I pray S2 deals better with this, but I'm in because the current setup has great potential...
Old 2009-06-03, 19:25   Link #28
LeoXiao
思想工作

The series had a good premise but I hope they do a better execution of the plot and characters this time.
Old 2009-06-03, 19:29   Link #29
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Wow, great news. Because I actually liked the episodic storytelling of the S1, I wouldn't mind it being in the same format, though of course I wouldn't mind if they change that as long as they keep the original S1 feel. I didn't think there would be another season because I thought the ending was conclusive enough.
Old 2009-06-03, 20:10   Link #30
pkmnmaster

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Haha I don't know how to express how awesome this is. DtB is one of my favorite series and I am just crazy happy to get a second season!!!
Old 2009-06-03, 20:59   Link #31
Irkalla
I asked for this

Omg, so the rumors about dtb coming after fma were true after all <3333 Can't wait to see more Misaki and Hei! At least I hope the focus will remain on the same characters... unlike the manga.
Old 2009-06-03, 23:11   Link #32
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Didn't Mao die in the first season?

Sort of. His human mind lost to his cat instincts. They could easily use plot-no-jutsu to revive him.
Old 2009-06-03, 23:18   Link #33
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Frickin' awesome...

Can't wait to watch this.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-06-04, 00:51   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Please to be having another song like HOWLING.
Old 2009-06-04, 01:47   Link #35
DangerMouse

Hell freaking yes, they finally confirmed it!

Spoiler:

So true, I can't say how much I'd love for ABS to do another big first OP for season 2, Howling was just so perfect.
Old 2009-06-04, 01:55   Link #36
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Just found it somewhere. I wonder is this one photoshopped?
Spoiler:

In my own opinion, this is photoshopped. It seems that HeiXYin shippers are over-excited ever since the manga released (there is a manga sequence to st season if you don't know). Someone photoshopped the scan and changed the conversation (the original script is totally business-like) before most people had their hands on the manga.
Um...yeah. I'd have to agree that it's probably photoshopped. As much as I'd love to see HeixYin....I don't see it happening, at least not so easily as for the staff to start making such images, lol.

But what's this about the manga, now? I've heard about it, but not much more.
Old 2009-06-04, 03:12   Link #37
Alchemist007
*Author

Ah, expectations coming about. How quaint.
Old 2009-06-04, 04:51   Link #38
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Here's an easier to read image of the magazine post.

The staff is pretty much identical, same director, character designer and whatnot....
But Kanno Youko's name is nowhere to be found.... not yet.
I hope they get her again, I really do.

Last edited by aohige; 2009-06-04 at 05:10.
Old 2009-06-04, 05:11   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah fingers crossed that Yoko Kanno works on this again. I seriously don't see why they'd get someone else though, but still i'm a little bit worried that her name's not appeared yet.
Old 2009-06-04, 09:24   Link #40
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I've replaced the image in the opening post with Aohige's. Thank you good sir.
Closed Thread