AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 123 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 10.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 37.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 20.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.00%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-20, 23:06   Link #421
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by murikibishii
Nice, let's focus on a particular word in my post instead of any of the points I made. Too convoluted means too full of asspulls that fail rational comprehension and break suspension of disbelief. For example the invisible-until-told magic hair I mentioned. I hope that answers it, because I'm not going to repeat all the asspull complaints people have already made around here.
.....Calm the hell down.

No, the word 'convoluted' isn't the first word that comes to mind at all when you don't like what you feel are 'asspulls'...I'd normally use that word when something feels very twisted or excessively complicated (an example is the enigma that is Priscilla's character as a whole)..... if anything, nothing is complicated at all these days, with Dr.D bluntly explaining what's going on in the plot, and leaving little for us to think about for ourselves.

You don't need to throw a fit just because I asked you to clarify yourself.
Old 2012-02-20, 23:18   Link #422
murikibishii

What are you talking about Shiek? I wasn't upset with you it was just weird that of all the things I said you brought up that one word that I thought wasn't so hard to understand even if it didn't fit your idea exactly.

As for calming down you try it when someone keeps personally attacking you at every opportunity. But I wasn't trying to take it out on you and if you felt that way I apologize.
Old 2012-02-20, 23:27   Link #423
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by murikibishii View Post
What are you talking about Shiek? I wasn't upset with you it was just weird that of all the things I said you brought up that one word that I thought wasn't so hard to understand even if it didn't fit your idea exactly.

As for calming down you try it when someone keeps personally attacking you at every opportunity. But I wasn't trying to take it out on you and if you felt that way I apologize.
Oh, I'm sorry too then It did feel like you were venting onto me, though given people neg-repping you, I can understand why even if you didn't mean it.
Old 2012-02-21, 04:48   Link #424
Dark Night

While I don't want Miria or Helen to die, I can understand where Murikibishii is coming from. I still like Claymore, will always like it. Probably because I'm not that hard to please (which sounds sad now that it's out of my head).

But lately it has become impossible to overlook all these small things that just break my willing suspension of disbelief (not gonna bother listing them, this would turn into a rant), but as a result it just feels like Yagi is no longer at the top of his game.

There are obviously good and bad elements in a chapter, but it becomes rather difficult to express a positive (or even neutral) opinion when you have to look very hard to find something good.
Old 2012-02-21, 09:09   Link #425
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
.....Calm the hell down.

No, the word 'convoluted' isn't the first word that comes to mind at all when you don't like what you feel are 'asspulls'...I'd normally use that word when something feels very twisted or excessively complicated (an example is the enigma that is Priscilla's character as a whole)..... if anything, nothing is complicated at all these days, with Dr.D bluntly explaining what's going on in the plot, and leaving little for us to think about for ourselves.

You don't need to throw a fit just because I asked you to clarify yourself.
I dont know shiek, you can still find the logic of the author behind the straight forward plot convoluted. For example Clare developing a wedge/block not allowing her to awaken ever under almost no circumstances because Jean couldnt either when really Jean was just holding on to her mind and eventually she could awaken no matter what. I find that convoluted no matter how dr deneve explains it simply away. I felt that it was just a lame plot excuse so and onlt Clare could awaken limbs vs Priscilla, yagi could have just played on the half awakened gaining more control of there abilities instead or left it a mystery with several possibilties to be answered later. Better yet that could have been played in the Miria vs Hysteria fight as to how she was able to fight that close to her limit as long and as well as she did and had Rubel notice it and have him fearing the mib might notice and debating how he could cover it up if they did. That would have been far less convoluted based on previous cannon, yet in keeping with how the warriors didnt l know what theu whete back then made it feel ominious and a bit of more in form with the first half of the series where there power to cross over there limit was both there destiny and greatest weakness. Just my two cents on that matter any how...

I could list more examples but want to avoid flaming a war since tempers appear high atm. Forgive me if theyre not and Im just reading something that isnt there though

Sorry to hear about the neg reps, got one too this ch thread and a few last ch thread (though I may have deserved the one on this ch thread where I called for the Deneve hate club (in jest but worded poorly) ). Oh well, if you have an opinion eventually one day someone will hate it and many of here have lots of opinions

Sorry for the typos on a new cell and havnt quite mastered the touch screne on it yet
Old 2012-02-21, 12:51   Link #426
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Haha, actually Ryus, I can agree with that -- though it's off-topic, we were just talking about it in the image thread...I simply couldn't get into the plot of Final Fantasy XIII - they intentionally made it so overly simplistic and straightforward after XII that, strangely, I just couldn't understand or get into what was going on...it seemed to be yet another one of those media where all the important "supplementary" material was online, rather then in the product itself, forcing me to go online and search rather then just understand in the game itself.

The irony is that they intentionally did that after XII which was very complicated, and ambiguous in what point-of-view the player would take....and I understood and enjoyed that more (actually, I made comparisons several times over the years to it; particularly in how they treat characters and how their is no true "main" character); the following game, which was ridiculous simplistic, I found more difficult to get into and understand 0_o

Or Avatar....that movie was the movie-version of FFXIII...lots of fancy effects, in-your-face presentation and lots and lots of money put into the superficial stuff...but no real effort into the story or characters; the irony of being such a simplistic plot that, again, I honestly couldn't find myself getting into or understanding what was going on....3/4 of the way, I still didn't know what Sigorney Weaver's character's name was...in my head, she was just "Signorney Weaver" .

So yeah, as it as it is, it's happened to me before.....A plot that's so ridiculous straightforward and simple, that it blows my mind and I can't understand what's happening 0_o; weird huh .
Old 2012-02-24, 10:03   Link #427
BleachFan2010

I loved this chapter it was so cool, im happy that we saw some of Cassandra and Roxanne's fight it was awesome.

Im also excited to see how Miria's plan will work because i honestly cant see it working in her favor, my main reason for saying this is because when Miria leads Hysteria towards Roxanne and Cassandra its not like Hysteria's going to continue heading towards a battle between to other Abyssal ones shell probably just use those anchor blades of hers to quickly pull her back and let miria land in between the battle all by herself (im hoping this doesent happen)

Im also hoping to see lots of Cassndra and Roxanne next chapter.

Another thing that has also been in my mind i dont think Roxannes awakened form is her true form my reasons for this are with most Awakened Beings we see most have an armoured form and are quite durable, im not saying that Roxanne isnt armnoured, but she hasnt shown to be very durable because her finger was easily cut off by one of the Soul Link trainees, another reason is that Awakened beings like Cassandra Hysteria and Dauf they all each have a veiny like sort of flesh on parts of their body, with Cassandra its where her tentacles protrude form aswell as her back, Hysteria has it just above the round portion on her body and dauf has it on his back and legs a big number of Awakened beings have this i dont really know whether its just design or not, it also makes me think of Agatha when she was fighting her Awakened body was jsut a human on a platform and she was just using a fake body, but with Roxanne however i saw that she had jet black skin beneath her armour and because we have seen Cassandra literally Awaken into her Dust Eater ability maybe Roxanne wanted to become a form in which she could change her body if she needed to.
Old 2012-02-24, 12:05   Link #428
Neo_Xsendra

Quote:
Not sure I get your Priscilla-killing tactic...she wouldn't fall for something like that in the first place if it worked, and even if she was successfully cut up, she'd regenerate instantly, assuming her powering-up/youki didn't already tear Ana's hairs to shreds.

Meh; in all honesty, I've sort of lost interest in Raciella....

I've never believed that that Claire was remote-controlling Raciella, as I ranted to Fenrir about (who strangely changed his avatar after all these years; begins here at http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...talline&page=5 on post 86)....and I have a feeling she will be dead, or join the Ghosts and, even though I actually predicted that at one point, I'm not sure I like that idea anymore...I think I like most with Raciella being her own third-party; if anything, I prefer her being this mindless monster then anybody controlling her.

If we do see what goes on inside the blob, I'm hoping to see all sorts of revelations and perhaps a mental-battle of Claire vs Priscilla akin to her fight with Rafaela; it could even involve her killing off Prissy's Awakened persona, satisfying Claire's urge for revenge.

There are all sorts of possibilities; whatever the case may be, I hope Yagi uses it to his fullest and he doesn't just skip over it and give us a flimsy flashback at some point.

But for Raciella...I don't know; maybe it's just because we haven't seen her in a long time; the balance of power has gotten extremely weird lately now with the ZAOs or, perhaps, it's exactly it's more or less how it was at one point.....3 AO's, a fused being that dwarfs them, and Priscilla that dwarfs her.
Just my two cents but...

Do you remember how Claire "Saved Teresa"? I think we will see Claire save precilla the same way. And i think we will learn thas Claire isn the old Claire animore. She absorbet that two sisters. Know why im thinking this? Because the Twin Godness form! Teresa and Claire, the Twin Godness is Clairs Image of here an Teresa. When she realized it, she got controll of HERSELF again! And i think that talk "why she cant awaken" was just bullshit. A wrong track.

I really think we will se Claire "Save" Precilla and then Precilla will be gone and Claire will form herself out of this mass of ... whatever. Stronger than ever before with lots of "entrusted power and body" there are some hint to this sort of storyline. Like miss Bloodfeast back then (Ophelia I think). Second she got the arm of Ilena and also she got entrusted with the souls of Jean and soul AND body of Rafaela and Luciela and im shure i've forgot some.

Maybe im wrong, but all the details point toward this direction.

just my 2 cents ^^ (again XD)
Old 2012-02-24, 12:36   Link #429
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Not much activity, but since how close the next chapter is, it's been a pretty talkative month; any speculation on what we'll get next chapter?

My thoughts are basically here (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...#post3990419); I don't like the idea of the ZAOs killing eachother because, in all honesty, it's pretty pointless and completely avoidable; it's not like they are apes who will fight eachother "just because" -- Roxanne in particular would not risk a fight she could not win for no reason; she's only fighting Cassie right now just to spite her.
Old 2012-02-24, 13:03   Link #430
SeanQ

Quote:
Roxanne in particular would not risk a fight she could not win for no reason; she's only fighting Cassie right now just to spite her.
Eh...did she not try to take on Cassie awakened when she wasn't awakened herself...
Old 2012-02-24, 13:15   Link #431
Double_friedman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Eh...did she not try to take on Cassie awakened when she wasn't awakened herself...
Hahaha! Right, but I think she was out of her mind in that particular moment. I think she has like a weird obsession for Cassie, and that is driving her to do stupid and unpredictable things she would not do in a calmer state.
You saw, Roxanne seemed pretty smart, she carefully designed how to kill Cass just to humiliate her in front of everyone: first, let the cat claymore be killed by an awakened being, then gather all the warriors, then step back before attacking her so everyone will be able to see her strange technique, and then kill her with the blade of evil.
Also, she was able to plot against her former friends just to learn how their techniques worked.
Old 2012-02-24, 14:46   Link #432
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Like I said, she just wants to spite her...and she is a bit on the too-crazy side like Ophelia.

Ophelia was lucky; had the AB pulled her head off, she would have died...Roxanne shows the same tendacies because her crazy-ness overrules her better judgment.

So in that sense, had Roxanne not awakened, she actually probably would have died.

Putting aside not wanting the any of the ZAOS to die so they could actually have a chance to grow on us after all the drama it took to make them, it just feels too convenient and silly for them to die in such a simplistic straightforward method; having Hysteria bump into them and they all angrily kill eachother....a child can come up with that idea

The problem is, it could plausibly happen....Hysteria's arrogance, Roxanne's crazy-ness, Cassie's mindless behavior at the moment....they all could plausibly fight and kill eachother and I don't want that to happen >_<
Old 2012-02-24, 16:11   Link #433
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
The problem is, it could plausibly happen....Hysteria's arrogance, Roxanne's crazy-ness, Cassie's mindless behavior at the moment....they all could plausibly fight and kill eachother and I don't want that to happen >_<
Unfortunately that is probably going to happen. How else is anyone going to survive? At this point none of the fighters would run away because they are all to proud and are willing to die in this fight. Miria and the other Ghosts are not strong enough to take on Hysteria and they certainly can't fight the three of them. Miria is trying to lead them all together so that maybe they will have a chance to beat them. Or it could backfire and Hysteria, Cassandra, and Roxanne could just kill all the ghosts. But that is unlikely because Cassandra and Roxanne really only care about fighting eachother. Although I am looking forward to the Cassandra and Roxanne fight. I would like a few pages on that and not just a single panel.

Miria is really hoping that they will all kill eachother so that the Ghosts can escape. It is just like when Helen and Deneve tried to go towards the Destroyer to escape Priscilla. But that didn't turn out well either.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen. I would actually be more surprised if it didn't.

"King's to you, Fernand"

Last edited by Claymore!; 2012-02-24 at 16:32.
Old 2012-02-24, 16:31   Link #434
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
At this point none of the fighters would run away because they are all to proud and are willing to die in this fight.
Mistake number 1.

It's fine if they are trying to use the ZAOS as a distraction to escape...smarter then trying to fight them on themselves; I'm hoping however that Yagi doesn't use this as an excuse to kill the ZAOS off....because It would feel like a waste of epic proportions; even if just one of them dies.

I mean, really...they were only introduced, what, 8 chapters ago?
Old 2012-02-24, 17:45   Link #435
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
I'm hoping however that Yagi doesn't use this as an excuse to kill the ZAOS off....because It would feel like a waste of epic proportions; even if just one of them dies.

I mean, really...they were only introduced, what, 8 chapters ago?
Considering Cassandra and Roxanne are fighting to death, one of them has to die.
Place your bets.
Old 2012-02-24, 18:08   Link #436
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
Place your bets.
Cassandra

But, what can we even bet?

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2012-02-24, 23:47   Link #437
God Eye Galatea

Hello everyone! =) Long time lurker, but finally decided to post :3

Call me crazy but I have a feeling Yagi is setting things up so the three ZAOs can merge them together into a super being to rival Queen B Priscilla!
Dae know well that the owner of the Arm (Prsicilla) is far superior to any AO level opponents, so would having three of them really lure Priscilla there? But if they merge together into the one, the insane yoki level (it's over 9000!!!) would definitely reach wherever Pricilla is.
Dae has the active rods of the Destroy (extracted from Raki), anyone wonder what he did with them? The Destroyer had shown some merging ability in cases like Beth, Dauf, and probably Clare too. So maybe he used the rods as well when he resurrected them to plan on luring out Priscilla.

P.S. I think there are hints from the awakened forms of the ZAOs as well since a lots of you seem to find their awakened forms somewhat lacking lol, Cassandra with focus on heads, Roxanne with focus on arms, and Hysteria with focus on legs! Put them together you will get complete super being. Oh, I think Roxanne will play a major role in the merging if it does happen due to her her crazy copy cat abilities.

Well I can't till the next chapter comes out! =)
Old 2012-02-25, 15:55   Link #438
God Eye Galatea

Hello! I'm new.. I'm not allow to post? I don't see my post from last night =( It was waiting for moderator's approval..

Last edited by God Eye Galatea; 2012-02-25 at 15:56. Reason: oh it works now
Old 2012-02-25, 16:08   Link #439
God Eye Galatea

Hello everyone! Been lurking for awhile but finally decided to post :3 (Here I go again)

I hava a crazy feeling that Yagi is setting things up in these chapters for the three 3 ZAOs to merge into one super being, the Elegant Duster Eater of Love and Hate to rival Queen B Priscilla!
Dae know very well that the owner of the "arm" is far superior than any AO level beings, so would having three of them really lure Prsicilla there? But if they merged into one, then the insane yoki level (it's over 9000!!!) would definitely reach Prisicilla wherever she is.
Dae has in his possession the active Destroyer's rods (extracted from Raki), the Destroyer's rods have shown abiliting of merging in cases like Beth, Dauf, and probably Clare. Perhaps he used the rod too on the resurrection of the ZAOs.

I found hints on the ZAOs' awakened forms as well lol , as many of you felt that the ZAOs forms were lacking. Cassandra with the focus on heads, Roxanne with the focus on arms, and Hysteria with the focus on legs, but put them together you get a completed being lol I feel Roxanne would also play a major in the merging if it does happen due to her crazy copy cat abilities.
Old 2012-02-26, 11:34   Link #440
haegar
mangaviking

I expected early fake spoilers ... but seems you have another topic just now 0.o

I'll be back laterz then

Tags
claymore, dr. deneve, miria