AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-29, 01:18   Link #201
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yeah, 120 GB is impressive.

Poor guy, being a lolicon hikikomori and further tortured by Misaki. His descent is comedic gold!

Is this title airing edited? Just wondering because I thought that shots of 2 of the girls were looking suspicious (Misao-tan at 08:53 and Emiri at 09:00).
Old 2006-07-29, 01:27   Link #202
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online
Why does Satou lie to Misaki that he's not a NEET? Afterall, he freely admits to himself and Yamasaki that he's a NEET, so it's not likely that he's trying to run away from reality.
I'm assuming that he wants to get away from signning that contract since Misaki is really pushy with it that she kept arguing him.

That or [Spoilers for Ep 3] (?) he has fallen for her because most of the time when he was playing ero games he was thinking of her.
Old 2006-07-29, 02:33   Link #203
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online
Just finished Episode#02. It's a classic example of what happens when you start lying : to cover the lies, you lie even more, until you have dug a hole too deep to climb out of.

Why does Satou lie to Misaki that he's not a NEET? Afterall, he freely admits to himself and Yamasaki that he's a NEET, so it's not likely that he's trying to run away from reality. Could it be that Satou is feeling some kind of social stigma if he were to confess to someone he doesn't really know that he's a NEET? Or perhaps he wants Misaki to have a better impression of him, despite the fact that she seemed to have seen right through him already.

Satou seems much more normal now, compared to Episode#01. Episode#02 is certainly funnier. Let's see how this anime continues.
For Yamazaki, of course, he's his old-pal and he lives next door,that's impossible for him to keep a low profile.

From what I've watched so far,Misaki and Yamazaki share the similar goals for Satou though.Personally,I like the way Yamazaki tries to take him back to a better Satou.Since I watched episode 3 ,I'm eager to see which kind of stretegy will come out from Misaki's side too.

who knows, Satou is desperately wanting to climb back to the place where he falled from to have a chance to meet with someone..again and to claim his old days back.

btw : I still don't have a chance to read manga ^^

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-07-29 at 05:41.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 04:26   Link #204
Anime Online

Just watched Episode#03. The series gets better and better! I can't wait to see the eroge Satou and Yamasaki will create.

Major points go to Satou, who despite sinking deeper into the status of hikikomori failure, did not revert to further reclusiveness but instead ran out to the light. He even called the confines of his own room, which he must have spent the vast majority of his hikikomori-dom, "dark-chasms". The first step to tackling a problem is admitting you have a problem. Good work and keep it up, Satou.

Satou seems to habor some affection for Misaki. Or could it be something else? Perhaps he feels baffled by her interest and seeks to chase her away. Since she says she wants to treat his hikikomori, then she won't have any reason to be around if he can show her that he is not a hikikomori. In any case, it is worrying that she says he'll be perfect for her project. Just what on earth is she up to?

Stay tuned for more NHK ni Youkoso!
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 04:51   Link #205
wao
OK.

I was amused by the fact that they showed a quick shot of American anime fans about to buy things when Yamazaki was rambling on about his vision of success in ep 3... buying his anime for $19...

Old 2006-07-29, 17:34   Link #206
ntsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I was amused by the fact that they showed a quick shot of American anime fans about to buy things when Yamazaki was rambling on about his vision of success in ep 3... buying his anime for $19...

$19 is quite a bargain!

At least they don't convert japanese currency to US$ which the price is a lot higher
ntsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 18:41   Link #207
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 03 was pretty genius if you ask me, right from the start untill finish - and now i know i'll be buying the R2 Japanese DVD's when they're released.

Also, Satou = legend.
Old 2006-07-29, 18:47   Link #208
windwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsan
$19 is quite a bargain!

At least they don't convert japanese currency to US$ which the price is a lot higher
Even if it was the Doujin Soft, $19(around 2,500yen) is quite moderate price.
Tsukihime = 2,500yen
Higurashi = 1,000yen
windwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 23:27   Link #209
zedda2k

Heya, currently in japan and so I just HAVE to try and watch this while i'm here, anyone know of the time that it airs? Thanks.
zedda2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 03:21   Link #210
Pale Sqwish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove

^^ -would have taken my own screen, but i cant ^^-

Notice that girls wrist? its all bandaged up, Maybe she was cutting her wrists er something O_o ,considering the "woud you be sad if i died?"
Pale Sqwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 03:57   Link #211
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Sqwish
^^ -would have taken my own screen, but i cant ^^-

Notice that girls wrist? its all bandaged up, Maybe she was cutting her wrists er something O_o ,considering the "woud you be sad if i died?"
I think she woudnt be that stupid enough to do such thing coz when the first time I saw Satou laid on his bed and was thinking about her, she said 1% of the conspiracies people talk are real.Since she thought in that way,she must be a realistic.But the one who preached Satou about conspiracies was that girl, so she could be a psycho too.

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-07-30 at 04:20.
Old 2006-07-30, 04:34   Link #212
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I don't find much depth with this series, yet I keep watching. If one throws all expectation of some insightful look into the plight of these hikkikomori out the window, one can view an enjoyable series.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 04:38   Link #213
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
I don't find much depth with this series, yet I keep watching. If one throws all expectation of some insightful look into the plight of these hikkikomori out the window, one can view an enjoyable series.
nah.. having both themes at the same times better.We can laugh out where we get point we have to laugh and point out some facts that the others miss out to mention is more fun xD
Old 2006-07-30, 16:43   Link #214
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

*Grin*, epsode 03 was quite amusing. Now I am re-reading the manga chapters that corresponds to the episode, and I feel the anime captures well the often exaggerated and capricious behaviour of Satou's, which can be a source of hilarity. I think the funniest, and most interesting, part for me was Yamazaki's delusion of grandeur. I can't quite tell if his mindset is really naturally thinking that way, or was that speech willingly grandiose to persuade Satou's cooperation once and for all. I think it might be a little bit of both. With everyone seemingly having a peculiar mind, my observation continues.

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2006-07-30 at 16:59.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 21:58   Link #215
Pale Sqwish

^ Can i ask where you got the Manga from ?
Pale Sqwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 22:05   Link #216
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Sqwish
^ Can i ask where you got the Manga from ?
Nope, you're not allowed to ask. ^^;;

Its actually pretty shocking how many times i've watched episode 03 so far. >_>
Old 2006-07-30, 23:08   Link #217
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
I think she woudnt be that stupid enough to do such thing coz when the first time I saw Satou laid on his bed and was thinking about her, she said 1% of the conspiracies people talk are real.Since she thought in that way,she must be a realistic.But the one who preached Satou about conspiracies was that girl, so she could be a psycho too.
What does being realistic have to do with cutting yourself? In fact, too much realism might lead one to become suicidal (or attention seeking, or whatever).

She's the one who brought up the conspiracies, Satou brought up the fact that 99% were balogna. She twisted that into meaning that 1% were real. Satou was the realist of the two, in high school anyway.

Anyway, she looks depressed, talks about depressing things (or at least in a depressing way), and has bandages on her arms. It's not hard to make a connection. Well, it doesn't really matter anyway, because apparently she didn't kill herself in high school since she shows up in episode 4. Yay!
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 13:43   Link #218
Hunter Nin.

I just watched the first episode of this and I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised that it turned out okay even though they missed out on a few great comedy lines by shifting around the events a bit (and what happened to the drugs?). Is episode 2 the lolicon episode... it was so rediculously perverse yet hillarious so I hope it remained true to the manga. Anyway, I will find out soon enough. I love NHK!
Hunter Nin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 17:08   Link #219
Dracil
Yama

That ending song could be the theme song for twixters.
Dracil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 05:37   Link #220
kauldron26
Med Student

the music is just absolutely fucking incredible... i watch the OP and ED every single time. and i have seen each episode 3 times. This will be the first comedy to get a perfect 10 in my book. episode 4 was hilarious... Satou pretending to tie his shoe lace while sneaking for a panty shot was precious. his conversion to an otaku was a sight to be seen lmao...

Last edited by kauldron26; 2006-08-05 at 06:57.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gonzo, psychological