Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-20, 19:06   Link #81
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Tensa Zangetsu View Post
how did Kubo Tite (creator) ever come up with Bleach as the name for his anime
I found this on another website, since, there are currently theories, posting them should be ok:
- Bleaching the hollows to purify them, as a shinigami
- Ichigo bleaching his hair as assumed by the others
(another not much related one is related to the band Nirvana, and Kubo being a fan...)
Old 2007-02-20, 20:16   Link #82
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I found this on another website, since, there are currently theories, posting them should be ok:
(another not much related one is related to the band Nirvana, and Kubo being a fan...)
Most likely it is a bit of all the reasons. Many of the early chapters are based on song titles re-enforceing the Nirvana bit .
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-02-20, 21:23   Link #83
Lendial

wow KT likes nirvana?
Old 2007-02-22, 07:34   Link #84
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
But Ichigo's hair is naturally orange, isn't it ? I'd rather go with your first idea.
Old 2007-02-22, 12:19   Link #85
TheAnswer
\/|\/|

Send a message via MSN to TheAnswer
He chose the name Bleach because Ichigo is gonna be a bleach salesman in the future.
Old 2007-02-22, 14:46   Link #86
Suhaki

I think this topic will never end XD Unless Kubo himself would answer ^^
Old 2007-02-22, 17:32   Link #87
Ryuk

Ichigo is a bleached version of kaien, maybe there's some connection there
Old 2007-02-22, 17:40   Link #88
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

In the first draft of Bleach on the cover Ichi has Black hair while in the story Bleached hair . First Draft is not Chapter 1
Old 2007-02-22, 18:33   Link #89
Pippin4242

I think the Nirvana reference is a much stronger theory than people seem to accept. Bleach is littered with references and homages to music, particularly American rock music. There is even one Nirvana reference we can be fairly certain of- Don Kan'onji's catchphrase, "Smells Like Bad Spirits!" For the uninitiated, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is one of the most famous Nirvana songs, though it didn't come from the album "Bleach"; it came from the followup to Bleach, "Nevermind".

Great song.

*~Pips~*
Old 2007-02-22, 20:32   Link #90
pothead21
Davisanddroz.com

Send a message via AIM to pothead21
id think it was from nirvana, that makes sense to me...what little of it
Old 2007-02-23, 12:48   Link #91
Ryuk

I think Geta Boshi nailed it, kubo had a black haired main character and probably a bad title. Then He bleached it all.
Old 2007-02-28, 12:34   Link #92
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

omg first drafts are just that, things get changed alot from first drafts to final products. I dont think thats a good explanation lol
Old 2007-02-28, 13:25   Link #93
MitsuKiske
6th Division, Seat 6

ok I sesarched Bleach and went to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleach_(manga)) and found this: ブリーチ, Burīchi, romanized as BLEACH in Japan
Old 2007-02-28, 13:58   Link #94
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsuKiske View Post
ok I sesarched Bleach and went to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleach_(manga)) and found this: ブリーチ, Burīchi, romanized as BLEACH in Japan
Im sorry But I fail to see u point, anyone who has been watching Bleach Already knows this
Old 2007-02-28, 14:12   Link #95
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Fukuda did it with Gundam SEED...He wanted the series to start with an "S" and came up with Multiple S-names like STRIKE, SIN, etc...He went with SEED because he thought Americans would (for some inexplicable reason) like that name more...That's why SEED is a stupid acronym aswell and during the course of 2 series has never been explained in any depth whatsoever...

sCRYed is another title that I still have no clue to why the series is named that way and have asked many times and have still yet to get a resonable response...
Err.. what about the SEED-mode(god-mode) the characters go into?
While it's questionable as to whether Fukuda came up with the name SEED first and named the god-mode after the shows title or visa-versa, in the end title gundam SEED DOES have something to do with the show itself.... y'know... even if he never didn't bother to explain what the hell seed-mode is...

As for sCRYed... looking it up on wiki, while not mentioned in the anime the word is mentioned and has some significance in the manga... its a term that relates to the evolution of alters or something like that (that should end the mystery for you =p)

overall, titles of shows/comics/movies/what-ever, having little or nothing to do with the series in question is quite rare; if they occur at all. Titles generally have some kind of connection to the show...
Old 2007-02-28, 14:13   Link #96
Animas

Just that kubo likes engrish?
Well thats my guess because even with the other guesses i still dont believe they are correct...
Old 2007-02-28, 14:25   Link #97
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Err.. what about the SEED-mode(god-mode) the characters go into?
While it's questionable as to whether Fukuda came up with the name SEED first and named the god-mode after the shows title or visa-versa, in the end title gundam SEED DOES have something to do with the show itself.... y'know... even if he never didn't bother to explain what the hell seed-mode is...

As for sCRYed... looking it up on wiki, while not mentioned in the anime the word is mentioned and has some significance in the manga... its a term that relates to the evolution of alters or something like that

overall, titles of shows/comics/movies/what-ever, having little or nothing to do with the series in question is quite rare; if they occur at all. Titles generally have some kind of connection to the show...
LOL I don't even remember when I wrote that...Obviousy the context doesn't make sense to me right now...So I'll pull a mulligan..

As for Bleach I'm cool with thinking it probably has multiple meanings...One being the Nirvana connection...another being Ichigo's hair color as it relates to his other self, another being in that fact he (as a shinigami) bleaches lost souls (hollows)...The next (and probably canon) explanation will probably be revealed near the end of the series I suspect at the creators whim...
Old 2007-02-28, 15:16   Link #98
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
LOL I don't even remember when I wrote that...Obviousy the context doesn't make sense to me right now...So I'll pull a mulligan..
How could you not remember? i noticed that you said it on 2/25... one year ago (which i did not notice... damn forum thread necromancy...) XD
Old 2007-02-28, 15:53   Link #99
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The reason the first draft is mentioned is for this

Spoiler for first draft:
Old 2007-03-10, 10:52   Link #100
Question
Crossdresser

This is why its is called Bleach.

Seriously though...i bet Kubo was just trying to find some cool, exotic(well to japanese anyway, english words are probably exotic, its like how hagen daz has a german name even though its not german ice cream) catchy, name for his manga. He probably examined his manga from all angles, the setting, the characters, so on and so forth, and he just saw Ichigo's hair and hit on it.

In the japanese manga industry a manga with a english title is probably going to attract more attention than everything else with a japanese name.