AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-03, 14:10   Link #8641
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
She can't manipulate emotions, true, but she can create a situation, where those emotions can be invoked or created.
Anyone can do that, just because you make the most romantic situation in existence doesn't automatically mean said person will fall in love with you. Especially when said person has been in love with someone else for what the last 10 years and seemingly doesn't look at you that way?
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 14:12   Link #8642
Wolfenstein

Hey. It's not like she hasn't tried. It might be subtle but there's multiple instances of them going out to eat and walking home toguether and stuff(Zenkichi even considers going to her house after school because he hadn't talked to her lately).

I mean, might just be me, but all that she apparently didn't do was come clean about what she wants.

But unfortunately, seems that the author is keeping it strictly Medaka/Zenkichi. Which, admitedly i'm beguinning to grow fonder of now that Medaka has finally become likeable(to me), but it's a little too late for me. I'd still prefer Zenkichi and someone else.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 14:17   Link #8643
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Hey. It's not like she hasn't tried. It might be subtle but there's multiple instances of them going out to eat and walking home toguether and stuff(Zenkichi even considers going to her house after school because he hadn't talked to her lately).

I mean, might just be me, but all that she apparently didn't do was come clean about what she wants.

But unfortunately, seems that the author is keeping it strictly Medaka/Zenkichi. Which, admitedly i'm beguinning to grow fonder of now that Medaka has finally become likeable(to me), but it's a little too late for me. I'd still prefer Zenkichi and someone else.
I'm probably the same though I always liked Medaka she just became extremely annoying during her purposeful God mode Sue mode which has lasted for the past 2 arcs.

Though I don't quite get why Jump is treating her like some sort of trophy girlfriend. There's a oneshot next week where she is supposedly Kuroko's girlfriend, and I ask what was the need for this.
Old 2012-05-03, 14:20   Link #8644
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
There's a oneshot next week where she is supposedly Kuroko's girlfriend, and I ask what was the need for this.
To appeal to Yuri fanboys/fangirls. Obviously.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 14:20   Link #8645
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
To appeal to Yuri fanboys/fangirls. Obviously.
Kuroko's a guy. You know from the basketball manga/anime. I understand It was always a heck of a lot more popular than Medaka box and also having an anime aired, but it just seems quite random.
Old 2012-05-03, 14:22   Link #8646
FFXFan13

Quote:
Kuroko's a guy. You know from the basketball manga/anime. I understand It was always a heck of a lot more popular than Medaka box and also having an anime aired, but it just seems quite random.
Sorry, I'm used to that being a girl's name.

Why does Japan have to have so many Gender Blender names?
Old 2012-05-03, 14:23   Link #8647
Wolfenstein

Frankly I have no idea what Jump's been doing with her...and I don't know what to say to that. Medaka definitely wouldn't be the best girlfriend ever(Zenkichi even emphasizes that).
Old 2012-05-03, 14:24   Link #8648
FFXFan13

That's 'cause she wears the pants in the relationship.
Old 2012-05-03, 14:24   Link #8649
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Frankly I have no idea what Jump's been doing with her...and I don't know what to say to that. Medaka definitely wouldn't be the best girlfriend ever(Zenkichi even satirizes that).
Consider how it took Zenkichi to essentially trample her ideal before she even looked at another guy, your probably right.

Quote:
That's 'cause she wears the pants in the relationship.
I'd likely say not anymore consider the harem the fact he excuted a coup d'etat and destroyed her ideal (again) and the fact he's had a lot more influence on her than she has on him.
Old 2012-05-03, 14:28   Link #8650
FFXFan13

Quote:
I'd likely say not anymore consider the harem the fact he excuted a coup d'etat and destroyed her ideal (again) and the fact he's had a lot more influence on her than she has on him.
And yet, he still has a harder time saying no to her, then she does to him.
Old 2012-05-03, 14:30   Link #8651
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
And yet, he still has a harder time saying no to her, then she does to him.
He says no fine now. She essentially purposely left him out and he said fuck that. He also spent an entire arc oposing her. Won and had her begging him how she should live her life. She xould have honestly been his slave had he said something else.
Old 2012-05-03, 14:30   Link #8652
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Dammit...gotta stop eating dinner...just missed the fun Shiranui discussion...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 14:31   Link #8653
Wolfenstein

That seems like an extreme statement. Medaka's character was just recently re-formed and we haven't seen Medaka and Zenkichi interact since(except their small dialogues and kiss after Zenkichi won the election). Plus yea, he just spent an entire arc fightning her with the word 'no', basically.
Old 2012-05-03, 14:33   Link #8654
Sol Falling

Spoiler for ch.6:

You guys are stretching it if you think that Shiranui was in love with Zenkichi from the beginning. See pic. Shiranui probably was only messing around with Zen until the whole Class -13/"There's no way I can swallow something so sweet" thing. It's basically a similar scenario to Emukae, that they fell in love with Zen after it turned out that he was willing to accept their negativity.

It's difficult to say at the moment how Shiranui actually feels about Zen romantically (in the sense of, actually wanting to be together with him or not). The thing is, Shiranui has got a pretty much inherently twisted/negative personality. Unlike Emukae, who only turned yandere because she was unable to get close to people. You couldn't imagine Shiranui being a "dutiful wife" or doing lovey-dovey things like saying "I love you", right? On the one hand, sure, Shiranui is attracted to Zenkichi('s personality); but it is pretty much against her personality to openly admit that or freely act upon it.

You can say that it would be impossible for someone to get Zenkichi to love anybody aside from Medaka, but I think Shiranui's personality actually plays the more major part. See her rejection of Ajimu's harem offer. Basically, even if Shiranui is in love with Zenkichi, I don't think it's a given that she actually wants to be together with him (in a context beyond their casual relationship as "best friends").
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 14:33   Link #8655
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
There's gonna be a oneshot where Medaka is Kuroko's girlfriend? That's the funniest thing I've heard today.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 14:38   Link #8656
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
There's gonna be a oneshot where Medaka is Kuroko's girlfriend? That's the funniest thing I've heard today.
Seriously, wat. Any chance of you guys scanlating it? I just want to see how the hell that ended up happening.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 14:38   Link #8657
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Spoiler for ch.6:

You guys are stretching it if you think that Shiranui was in love with Zenkichi from the beginning. See pic. Shiranui probably was only messing around with Zen until the whole Class -13/"There's no way I can swallow something so sweet" thing. It's basically a similar scenario to Emukae, that they fell in love with Zen after it turned out that he was willing to accept their negativity.

It's difficult to say at the moment how Shiranui actually feels about Zen romantically (in the sense of, actually wanting to be together with him or not). The thing is, Shiranui has got a pretty much inherently twisted/negative personality. Unlike Emukae, who only turned yandere because she was unable to get close to people. You couldn't imagine Shiranui being a "dutiful wife" or doing lovey-dovey things like saying "I love you", right? On the one hand, sure, Shiranui is attracted to Zenkichi('s personality); but it is pretty much against her personality to openly admit that or freely act upon it.

You can say that it would be impossible for someone to get Zenkichi to love anybody aside from Medaka, but I think Shiranui's personality actually plays the more major part. See her rejection of Ajimu's harem offer. Basically, even if Shiranui is in love with Zenkichi, I don't think it's a given that she actually wants to be together with him (in a context beyond their casual relationship as "best friends").
Think it's more obvious she doesn't want sloppy seconds e.g harem and she states love will not always prevail. Basically she's the exact same as Emukae as was already implied, if he said he wanted to be with her she'd jump at the chance but she doesn't want to start messing up his chances with his love for Medaka just so she may have a chance. Basically she gave up but would likely be with him in a second had said so.
Old 2012-05-03, 14:40   Link #8658
FFXFan13

Remind me again, what the point in even discussing Shiranui's feelings for Zen is? I mean, I hate pointing this out but, ZenkichixMedaka is pretty much canon at this point, and by the time the manga is finished it will be canon. In the end, it just doesn't matter.
Old 2012-05-03, 14:42   Link #8659
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Remind me again, what the point in even discussing Shiranui's feelings for Zen is? I mean, I hate pointing this out but, ZenkichixMedaka is pretty much canon at this point, and by the time the manga is finished it will be canon. In the end, it just doesn't matter.
You are much to concerned with the destination to enjoy the trip :I
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 14:42   Link #8660
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Same for all random pairings discussions. Just because a pairings "canon" doesn't mean their won't be thousands of arguments and ship-to-ship combat over it.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council