AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-14, 07:13   Link #10481
zeando
maybenotimome

looking at it as a rpg side of it, having a lot of skills means nothing if you don't have high stats to make them work, maybe ajimu doesn't have high stats, but only skills?
and where does this all-powerful thing comes from? i don't remember having read it in the manga :/
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 07:46   Link #10482
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Here's the thing, only Zen fans believed it. It was a case of wishful thinking more than anything else. I mean c'mon son, you don't see people reading the latest Monogatari novel and going "Oh Kaiki is the main character!!" (Just an example)
Erm, what?

I'm not sure I'd be what classifies for a "Zen fan", but it's undeniable that that's what the True Flask Plan arc was leading to. That was the whole point of Zenkichi's personal skill. The whole point of becoming a Zero was to become a main character unlike the main characters written before him.

You can't simply call people who believe the author's word to be "just the wishful fans of ____" when Nishio pulls a 180 and trolls.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 09:53   Link #10483
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Essentially, for this manga to continue, Ajimu needs to be removed somehow.
Neh i've always stated it and it was inevitable, she needs to be nerfed, either by making more people on her "level" or her level brought down. I'm guessing if Nisio is serious this is her nerfing.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 10:26   Link #10484
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Neh i've always stated it and it was inevitable, she needs to be nerfed, either by making more people on her "level" or her level brought down. I'm guessing if Nisio is serious this is her nerfing.
She is Nerfed. She deliberately Nerfed herself by taking Medaka's invitation up. Everyone of her God Mode powers is essentially for laughs as we see the most annoying of enemies get WTF Pwned. The really serious boss enemies are Medaka's to deal with, and their thrash mobs, Zenkichi's.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 10:26   Link #10485
CrazyPerson

Quote:
I would really love for this to happen, but her expression...
That expression is Nisio telling the artist, "we're going to troll the readers. The worried face goes away the very next panel."

It's not the first time that been done in this manga. I think. Too damn lazy to go look up a specific example of misleading last panels that get changed the next chapter.
CrazyPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 11:25   Link #10486
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Why 'removed'? She's been around for a long time and the manga didn't end
She was a villain then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
She's now part of the "protagonists party", she wants to enjoy the adventure with them, not meta-hacking everything to easily win and be bored to death for all eternity again.
And if she was wearing her usual confident expression and said something like "I'm only going to fight this guy for 15 seconds", that would be fine. But her text box is wavering, she has a nervous expression, and what she says implies that she CAN only hold him off for 15 seconds.
This omnipotent character can only hold off this monster for 15 seconds. Not will, but can.
If there does turn out to be a decent justification for all this, you can disregard everything I've said here and call me a faggot, but as it is I think my complaints and concerns are perfectly valid.
It's made even worse because the last time I saw a huge muscled monster in a NisiOisiN work he got his ass beat into the ground by a scrawny high schooler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
I'm not sure I'd be what classifies for a "Zen fan", but it's undeniable that that's what the True Flask Plan arc was leading to. That was the whole point of Zenkichi's personal skill. The whole point of becoming a Zero was to become a main character unlike the main characters written before him.
This. I think what a lot of people wanted was for the manga to become "Zenkichi Box", and it almost did, too.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 11:53   Link #10487
novalysis

Because if Anshin San did arrange for a Harem situation for Zenkichi, that guy would stand shoulders above the vast majority of Harem protagonists out there. And Ajimu could have done it- I think, had Zenkichi refused Ajimu's offer, that might have been her "punishment".
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 12:06   Link #10488
Wolfenstein

Quote:
This. I think what a lot of people wanted was for the manga to become "Zenkichi Box", and it almost did, too.
I'll be honest - It would be a helluva lot better manga if it had actually focused on this brand new interesting council instead of dragging the focus back to Kurokami.

And, of course, with occasional Kumagawa. Because his interactions with Zen are always awesome :<
Old 2012-09-14, 12:09   Link #10489
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
She is Nerfed. She deliberately Nerfed herself by taking Medaka's invitation up. Everyone of her God Mode powers is essentially for laughs as we see the most annoying of enemies get WTF Pwned. The really serious boss enemies are Medaka's to deal with, and their thrash mobs, Zenkichi's.
Even if Ajimu is nerfing herself, it still kind of removes the tension knowing that Ajimu could just beat the next guy by the time we even blink. Although this isn't the first time this happened in manga, it still is really annoying and it removes any sort of tension that it would had gotten. It is probably my main gripe with Alucard from
Hellsing, it is not a bad manga but Alucard is basically a vampire Cthulhu that he makes any fight with him trivial. He was even 'defeated' by a guy with quantum powers who erased him from existence and he still came back.

Quote:
I'll be honest - It would be a helluva lot better manga if it had actually focused on this brand new interesting council instead of dragging the focus back to Kurokami.

And, of course, with occasional Kumagawa. Because his interactions with Zen are always awesome :<
It had always been Medaka's manga so it is going to revolve around her...........
Old 2012-09-14, 13:24   Link #10490
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
The point is, even if you consider Ajimu All-Powerful, it's not like she's using (or capable of using) all of her power at the same time. In particular, it's not like Ajimu has completely developed all of her power as of this time. Ajimu's power is basically to "overcome impossibilities", and the finite number of skills she collected might be on some level simply remnants of that. If Ajimu encounters something "impossible" right now, it's guaranteed that she will eventually be able to do it, but not necessarily at this very moment. The truth is, Ajimu should probably be expected to grow in skills/powers as she encounters new impossibilities; it's just that Ajimu has lived/searched for impossibilities for so long now that she already has overwhelming control over any sort of situation encountered by normal humans.
This is actually a pretty fair claim to her character. She is undergoing changes of her skills in real time.

When she first appeared on Box 88, she had 7932135441523222 Abnormal and and 4925916526110643 Minus.
While from Box 142 and on, she has 7932135441523225 Abnormal and 4925916526110642 Minus.
Gaining 3 new Abnormal and losing 1 Minus.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 14:23   Link #10491
Teorenz

Well obviously, if Ajimu has 12,858,051,967,633,864 skills then Iihiko has 12,858,051,967,633,865 of them. Whereas that one extra skill is the ability to retardedly overpower those with inferior number of skills than you.

And one more thing. Open Front-Hooded Sweatshirt Senpai!
I'm still waiting for the color page where all the girls are dressed in Kumagawa's latest fetish.
Teorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 14:36   Link #10492
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teorenz View Post
Well obviously, if Ajimu has 12,858,051,967,633,864 skills then Iihiko has 12,858,051,967,633,865 of them. Whereas that one extra skill is the ability to retardedly overpower those with inferior number of skills than you.
Ajimu has a skill that automatically makes her more powerful than the opponent she's fighting, so the fight would result in a tie, as would virtually all fights between opponents of that level of power.
This is what's so wrong with the idea of this Iihiko being that much stronger than her.
I'm sorry I appear to be unable to just let this go, but it's just so dumb, and like I said, if it turns out differently than expected next week, I'll be perfectly fine.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2012-09-14 at 14:47.
Old 2012-09-14, 14:51   Link #10493
Homura7

Next week:

*After 15 seconds*

-All right, I held him enough to allow you to run as fast as possible. He's all yours now *trollface*
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 14:52   Link #10494
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Ajimu has a skill that automatically makes her more powerful than the opponent she's fighting, so the fight would result in a tie, as would virtually all fights between opponents of that level of power.
This is what's so wrong with the idea of this Iihiko being that much stronger than her.
I'm sorry I appear to be unable to just let this go, but it's just so dumb, and like I said, if it turns out differently than expected next week, I'll be perfectly fine.
This does seem like a random turn of events, I do believe your complaints are rather valid because honestly with Anshin'in in the story, a lot of things become moot. Like, "Why can't she just solve every problem?" Similar to how the Flash is handled in many mediums. Technically the Flash should be able to pretty much more with his power, but they don't acknowledge that because it then it would make everything else irrelevant. Her status as a Not Equal could explain a couple of things, like her general passiveness and role as an observer, but not being able to take this new guy for at most 15 seconds? Well I'm leaning more towards the "wait and see" camp, because it's clear that this guy is connected to the dark secret the town is hiding, and presumably even what Obi mentioned before, about protecting the world from something.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 15:24   Link #10495
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Even if Ajimu is nerfing herself, it still kind of removes the tension knowing that Ajimu could just beat the next guy by the time we even blink. Although this isn't the first time this happened in manga, it still is really annoying and it removes any sort of tension that it would had gotten. It is probably my main gripe with Alucard from
Hellsing, it is not a bad manga but Alucard is basically a vampire Cthulhu that he makes any fight with him trivial. He was even 'defeated' by a guy with quantum powers who erased him from existence and he still came back.

Well, it's probably a case of watching Alucard be awesome. Ajimu being absurdly overpowered allows for some pretty funny moments. The plot will just conspire to keep her from interfering.

It had always been Medaka's manga so it is going to revolve around her...........
I think you discussed this before, but everything in the series seems to have to revolve around her since she's an exaggeration of the main character. Even so, it's not something I'm a fan of, even if I don't hate Medaka.

This might deviate from the topic a bit, but what exactly made Ajimu the villain of the Not Equal arc? Kumagawa ripped off her face and sealed her away, which made him something of an Antihero rather than a sick bastard, but then we find that her motivation was more...boredom? I guess she was manipulative, but was she really supposed to get her face ripped off?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 15:31   Link #10496
DawnEmperor

And don't Kumagawa and Zenkichi have a fair amount of parallels?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 15:39   Link #10497
Wolfenstein

I don't know why, but I always thought Kumagawa's motives for sealing away Ajimu were far more noble than he implied at first.
Old 2012-09-14, 15:45   Link #10498
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
I don't know why, but I always thought Kumagawa's motives for sealing away Ajimu were far more noble than he implied at first.
I agree I think it has alot to do with what everyone else forgot. Mabey he did it to save her, mabey he did it to save everyone else,... or mabey he was just trollin around Jr. High, I hope we find out soon. Mabey he'll even end up doin something crazy awsome (more so than usual) In this arc.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 15:52   Link #10499
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Really, the only reason I'm reading this anymore is because the events in middle school are so vague and confusing and I have to know what happened. That, and the possibility of Tsurubami getting more screentime. I loved that guy.
Old 2012-09-14, 16:56   Link #10500
Homura7

That demon-looking guy is, whithout any doubt, a manifestation of all the Kurokami darkness.

Because just in case you guys didn't notice, he's a Black God. And the Shiranui clan is the light.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council