2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-12, 12:22   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Higurashi Episode 24 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koroni, Episode 24.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Game or Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Game / Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

ADDITIONAL RULES FOR Higurashi no Naku Koroni
  • Make sure you read the English wikipedia article for Higurashi no Naku Koroni before you ask questions!!!
  • Feel free to utilize the info on the TIPS section as a complement to this series.
  • Feel free to share your theories and speculations. In fact, I encourage you to do so as this is what makes this series interesting.
  • I am designating Sushi-Y and Freakman to lead the discussion in the correct path without spoilers as they have played the game in advance. I put confidence in them that they will recognize a member has spilled the beans too far if any other members has begun to play the game.
  • SPOILERS FAR ADVANCED THAN THE CURRENT AIRED ANIME EPISODE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. THIS INCLUDES THOSE IN SPOILER TAGS!!!. People tend to peek at spoiler tags; especially when they do not know such tag is meant for the episode, only to find it spilling the beans too far advanced in the game storyline.
Old 2006-09-12, 15:29   Link #2
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Wow, just when I thought I knew where this was going it took a decidedly delicious turn.
Spoiler for plot:

Now I guess we'll find out who is smarter, K1 or Rena.
Old 2006-09-12, 22:44   Link #3
Thisguy
Negikamo

Not many action or comedy in this ep, I see.
However, many hardly believable theories are presented in this ep... that Takano really is something, ain't she.

I guess this ep was like a preparation... to what, maybe next, and last (for anime) explosion.

And...
Spoiler for him:
Old 2006-09-13, 02:49   Link #4
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Okonogi~

It's interesting to see how he went from a faceless character back in ep.15 (before Matsuribayashi-hen came out) to his face here (after Matsuribayashi-hen came out). A nice bonus for the game fans.

...Seriously, how about fixing the show first, Deen?

Now then, the story went flying past again as usual, but it's not really frustrating because they already squeezed in as much as they could into the episode, so content wise, this episode is filled with enough revelations as it is.

Spoiler:

lol at next episode's title.
Old 2006-09-13, 06:17   Link #5
MarthX

I don't recommend watching this episode RAW if you don't understand what they're saying.
Old 2006-09-13, 08:45   Link #6
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
lol at next episode's title.
地球侵略
Invasion Earth?

Earth Invasion?

Sushi, are there aliens in the next ep?

Edit: I also noticed in the preview "お前は仲間なんかじゃない!!"

That makes me sad

Last edited by LuckyCat; 2006-09-13 at 14:04.
Old 2006-09-13, 12:12   Link #7
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Thankfully I found a short summary of this episode. I understood just enough from the raw to get my interest to very high levels, so I needed something to satisfy my curiousity until the sub comes out.

Spoiler:

Old 2006-09-13, 14:32   Link #8
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Hey, it's Okonogi! Nice surprise to those who've played Matsuribayashi-hen. I wonder if Ryu-chan gave the staff how he was supposed to look like, or was it the other way around www

Hmm...I wish they had showed a more vivid way of Rena's slow descent into madness. The game did an excellent job with this by gradually changing the text color from white to blood red as she spiraled into insanity. But in the anime, she still looked...pseudo-normal? And the sakuga was a bit off again this episode. A little more re-touching by the sakkan and Keiichi's face wouldn't have looked angular. Overall, a "B-" for this episode.

TIPS for this episode should be interesting to read.

Anyhow, we're off to the next episode - let's hope they make it right.
Old 2006-09-15, 00:23   Link #9
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

I watched it but I have to admit this episode taxed my limited Japanese comprehension that has usually served me okay in watching without subs. I'll look forward to seeing the translation. In the meantime, though, I DID notice that...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-15, 15:01   Link #10
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang

I felt that the second half of the episode was pretty boring because aside from the information sharing between Rena and Keiichi, it was just a long series of slow-moving shots of them. >_>
Spoiler for That next episode preview with 'zombie':

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress

Last edited by Li Jianliang; 2006-09-15 at 17:34.
Old 2006-09-15, 16:26   Link #11
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
I felt that the second half of the episode was pretty boring because aside from the information sharing between Rena and Keiichi, it was just a long series of slow-moving shots of Rena and Keiichi. >_>
Do you have a sub version already or did you add that text yourself?
Old 2006-09-15, 21:40   Link #12
chrno_the_sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX
Do you have a sub version already or did you add that text yourself?
The original poster added it by themself. The font is way different than the one WinD uses.
Old 2006-09-18, 12:45   Link #13
LostBlue
祭囃子

Finally watched the episode yesterday...
All I have to say is PREVIEW... they're going that far already? O_O
I'm going to cross my fingers b/c the last EP should go out with a bang
Old 2006-09-18, 16:59   Link #14
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
oh interesting...so Oyashiro-sama is gona up his game in the apocalypse

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-19, 17:27   Link #15
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Ok time for episode 25 discussion
Old 2006-09-20, 19:13   Link #16
BakaOnna

I just saw ep. 24, and I'm so close of wanting to watch ep. 25 raw, especially seeing the episode title and preview about zombies. I hope there's nothing with aliens. >.> That'll be too weird... even for Higurashi standards... or maybe not. Well, I said that I'll almost believe everything that happens in this series.

Anyway, overall, the episode didn't have as much of the tension and stuff as the last episode. Okay, maybe that's the wrong way to say it. That maggot scene was pretty... nasty. I gave this episode an 8/10.
Old 2006-09-20, 19:44   Link #17
Vicke

Wow parasites, I had a theory about parasites after watching onikakushi-hen but I later threw it away as it felt to sci-fi. Since its from Takano's scrapbook it can be incorrect, so I dont believe it yet.

Random theory: The "volcanic" gas in Tatarigoroshi-hen was infact some kind of nervgas from the military to prevent an epidemic to break out.
Old 2006-09-20, 20:50   Link #18
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

all the scenes wtih the police man occured in reality right? but that doesnt include the library meeting part? I think this story was one of the more unbelievable events.
Old 2006-09-20, 21:53   Link #19
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I watched the sub and let's just say that since I would trust even a rattle snake more than Takano, her notes are not exactly what I would call a sound basis for a theory. From the "wine" tip we more or less know there is something supernatural, I don't think things can be explained with just sickness and parasites, as weird as they might be. Rena's eyes look so weird in the scene in which she talked with K1 while hiding beside the road. I wonder if this was due to the lazy animators or just indication that she is going crazy.

Old 2006-09-20, 22:25   Link #20
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

From all I've seen so far,
The Sonozaki people aren't that crazy to unleash parasites that could kill many, even Onibaba doesn't seem to be this lunatical (that Kimiyoshi looks like it, but he doesn't seem to have any power or influence or even brains). In fact I think that Onibaba is a good person. hehehe

And the people from Hinamizawa seem like a bunch of ignorant country-people. This biological explanation from Takano notes might have some truth within it, regarding a disease that makes people go berserk or whatever, but for the gosanke to be plotting something that big manipulating the pathogen... I doubt it...

To me those notes are just part of Takano's plot to "play"(??)(why?) with the "curse" or "disease", somehow inducing Rena to goes crazy.

I'd guess that Takano has some grudge against Hinamizawa and, knowing about the disease, wants to make hell breaks loose on the village inducing it. Maybe someone she knew was "Onikakushed" and now she wants revenge heeheheh
Judging from the color of her hair, would it be too much to think she has something to do with Satoko's family (one of the first people to fall victim to the curse)??

bleeh....
so many question...